What hispanic gangs have been effected by gentrification?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

What hispanic gangs have been effected by gentrification?

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 8th, 2017, 7:58 am

For example: Echo Parque 13

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: What hispanic gangs have been effected by gentrification?

Unread post by advocate » December 9th, 2017, 11:58 am

Venice 13
Sotel 13
Santa Monica 13
Culver City 13
Echo Park Locos
WS Crazys
North Hollywood Locos???-I'm not sure if gentrification in North Hollywood has affected them...I know they were off Magnolia & some changes have happened along that street.

The four corner neighborhoods are all still around its just there's constantly development going on throughout the westside. But they're definitely still there.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: North Hollywood

Unread post by ValleyKid » December 10th, 2017, 10:31 am

advocate wrote:Venice 13
Sotel 13
Santa Monica 13
Culver City 13
Echo Park Locos
WS Crazys
North Hollywood Locos???-I'm not sure if gentrification in North Hollywood has affected them...I know they were off Magnolia & some changes have happened along that street.

The four corner neighborhoods are all still around its just there's constantly development going on throughout the westside. But they're definitely still there.
NHLS was kinda affected by gentrification on Magnolia. That area isn't really low-income anymore, so prices went up i guess (also new developments were made) and they got the boot. NHLS moved to the Vanowen & Coldwater Canyon area now in some projects near Alley Locos, MS, and Assassin Kriminals. That whole area on Magnolia is fixed up and it's also near the NoHo Arts District which is more upscale now with hipsters, condos, etc. But once in a while, you'll still see some NHLS graffiti.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 13th, 2017, 10:50 am

Who wouldve known one day our hood would be taken away from us. The same places where we threw our childrens birthdays and jumped in our homies were given to the hipsters. When we were young we didnt need much..we enjoyed hangin in the hood with our people. Then here came these racist hipsters. Calling the police on us for doing whats been done around here before we were born. Trippy.....

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 13th, 2017, 7:17 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:Who wouldve known one day our hood would be taken away from us. The same places where we threw our childrens birthdays and jumped in our homies were given to the hipsters. When we were young we didnt need much..we enjoyed hangin in the hood with our people. Then here came these racist hipsters. Calling the police on us for doing whats been done around here before we were born. Trippy.....
Trueee. But then again you have to remember places like Compton and Watts used to be all white. They are taking their cities back. Compton Watts and South Central are next to be gentrified.

I feel more for the Mexican neighborhoods like EAST LA because the Mexicans were here in LA before the whites arrived.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 21st, 2017, 12:53 pm

if thats the case europeans took it from native americans before mexicans evolved to take its place. and before that the native americans who battled each other. and before that the saber tooth tigers then germs. :lol: okay its all apart of life.

i remember my old ass college professor sayin every ten years things always go back the same.

if that is true, look at politics now, its undoing everything former politians have done.

makes ya think if what we spend our energy on is really important in the long run.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » January 9th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Mr. Criminal from Silver Lake. Right near my old stomping grounds. One of the first LA hoods to be gentrified. This track mentions the hipsters and how things changed. Every WSider can relate. He hard.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » February 4th, 2018, 1:46 pm

All the Gangs in the Flats area of Boyle Heights, Highland Park and all the neighborhoods that border the LA River will all be gone within 20 years, maybe less.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » February 4th, 2018, 1:48 pm

All NELA and El Sereno will be gentrified very soon.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by TheAngels » February 5th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Sotel 13
Santa Monica 13
18th Street Hollywood Gangsters
Echo Park 13
Silver Lake 13
Avenues 13
Highland Park 13

Hypeman111
If in the United States: Washington
What city do you live in now?: Everett

Unread post by Hypeman111 » March 16th, 2018, 6:28 pm

ES 36th St had some apartments on the corner of 36th and Maple that was like they headquarters but that whole complex including the store next door got taken down and they built a school there back in the early 2000s. Would you consider that gentrification?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 24th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Primera Flats in Boyle Heights
Venice 13 in Venice

loj
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: la

Unread post by loj » March 31st, 2018, 5:15 pm

Culver City 1979.jpg
Culver City 1979.jpg (269.49 KiB) Viewed 17227 times
advocate wrote:Venice 13
Sotel 13
Santa Monica 13
Culver City 13
Echo Park Locos
WS Crazys

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 8th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Based on our recent interview with Casper, the Head Hunters varrio in Downtown LA, has undergone a major transition with white residents and other yuppies and hipsters moving in.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » April 8th, 2018, 6:15 pm

alexalonso wrote:Based on our recent interview with Casper, the Head Hunters varrio in Downtown LA, has undergone a major transition with white residents and other yuppies and hipsters moving in.
Which neighborhoods in East LA Are Getting effected by gentrification?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » November 13th, 2018, 3:07 pm

I was in Santa Monica 13 hood a few times over the past two months. And I have to ask -- where is the hood?

It looks nice and quiet, with nice homes & nice apartments, and I see no bangers around, no hitups, and a lot of yuppies and White people walking dogs. A few days ago I was on 19th & Delaware. Before that I was on 17th & Michigan.

Is this hood still around?

Seems like Santa Monica PD have it easy too because they only have two gangs in their city to focus on -- SM13 and Graveyard GC. But I get the feeling Graveyard is all but gone now...

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » November 13th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Yeah their hood is mainly from the cemetery all the way to stewart ave between Pico & the 10. I drive around there every so often but never see their hit ups over there either.

But they do go over around Sotel & Venice sometimes & strike up over there...it gets crossed out pretty quickly though. It seems like I see their hit-ups more often in rival areas than I do SM. I even saw their hit-up in the heart of Primera Flats 23 hood & it was crossed out by PF. Don't know why they were over there.

I don't know how deep they are but they are still around if I'm going off the names on the walls.

But your right....driving around SM or the WS in general its hard to see guys posted up & so many new developments make those areas look nice now.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » November 14th, 2018, 6:02 am

advocate wrote:Yeah their hood is mainly from the cemetery all the way to stewart ave between Pico & the 10. I drive around there every so often but never see their hit ups over there either.

But they do go over around Sotel & Venice sometimes & strike up over there...it gets crossed out pretty quickly though. It seems like I see their hit-ups more often in rival areas than I do SM. I even saw their hit-up in the heart of Primera Flats 23 hood & it was crossed out by PF. Don't know why they were over there.
I know what you mean. The rare instance I saw a SM13 hitup was in V13 hood on Lincoln, just south of Venice Blvd.

More than likely when I see hitups way outside of the gang's home turf, I think it's either a member of that set who moved to another neighborhood, or were there temporarily chilling with family or friends who live there. And many other reasons.

Also, don't these hood get hit by the cops with injunctions where they can't even post up in their own hood? Maybe they get pushed outside of the hood.

I never saw a Graveyard Gangster Crip tag in their original hood in Santa Monica, but I did see one over near Harlem 30's hood.
advocate wrote:I don't know how deep they are but they are still around if I'm going off the names on the walls.

But your right....driving around SM or the WS in general its hard to see guys posted up & so many new developments make those areas look nice now.
Sotel at least still does hitups heavily. Venice 13 here and there. You still see Culver City tags around but they have a big hood anyway. But most of those West LA area hoods are dying out.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”