Boyz n the Hood

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Boyz n the Hood

Unread post by bgcasper » November 18th, 2017, 7:29 pm

well selo gro7ve didnt gave pass to realise their lil hoova movie and the h60dstaz gave them the major pass thru their land and the scrpt ended jacked by hoodstaz cause its not hoovaz and they are not hangin in hoova spot wearing astro gears no they do the oposite wearin caps that make u a target in hoova hood and in those days colors and teams logo meant death on sight at the wrong spot

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » November 19th, 2017, 6:48 pm

bgcasper wrote:well selo gro7ve didnt gave pass to realise their lil hoova movie and the h60dstaz gave them the major pass thru their land and the scrpt ended jacked by hoodstaz cause its not hoovaz and they are not hangin in hoova spot wearing astro gears no they do the oposite wearin caps that make u a target in hoova hood and in those days colors and teams logo meant death on sight at the wrong spot
Maybe he didnt want to bring attention to his childhood friends? Everything that happened in the movie is based on them, most of the stuff was based on real life events, they dont even deny it. The kid that got shot with the shotgun in the alley (one of their friends said, he was there when it happened), the burglar that got shot at, Doughboys aggressive behaviour...John Singleton himself said that the Hoovers were the script. The symbols and the place where they shot the movie are not.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » November 20th, 2017, 1:03 am

any crip set would fit that script anyway ...just that hoovers dont cruise down crenshaw with seatle mariner hat and a crenshaw hi jacket

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 20th, 2017, 5:20 am

Yea, for whatever reason he put a different label on it.

Erratic
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Erratic » April 30th, 2018, 3:29 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:Analyzing the beef it looks to be the fictional tale of beef between the Rolling 60's and the BPS Jungles.

The home of Tre, Ricky and Doughboy is placed between 59th and 60th on Cimmeron.

Doughboy's friends tend to wear Seattle Mariners hats

Ricky goes to Crenshaw High School and Tre Washington Prep High respectively.

Initial beef kicks off near Crenshaw and MLK blvd between Rollin 30's and BPS territory.
This could lend to a situation where a few bloods and crips may end up in the same location for Crenshaw Cruising Sunday.

Doughboy has found that the gangmembers retreated back to their territory for dinner which was at the edge of BPS territory
That's true, Singleton originally wanted to make the revenge scene right outside the jungle, but was told to move the scene for safety reasons. Sounds like Bone Cle Sloan was the consultant.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ters-today
Nicolaides was aware of the potential for real violence. One night, after a long day of shooting, he got a phone call from a friend. He’d heard from “a guy named Bone, who runs the Bloods in an area they call ‘the Jungle’—which was right across the street from where we were going to do the scene where Ice Cube shoots the [gang members] who killed Ricky,” recalled Nicolaides. So Nicolaides met with Bone, who had a huge guy sitting next to him. Over dinner, Bone said, “ ‘Word on the street is that this little movie is dissing the Bloods.’ And I said, ‘No, nobody is affiliated to anyone.’ ”

“But Ice Cube’s wearing a blue Detroit Tigers hat, and the bad guy’s got a red [and black] Chicago Bulls hat on. They drive a red Hyundai—that’s dissing to me,” Bone said. “I don’t care about your little movie. I run a business here, and the profits that I make, I take the kids in my world to the ocean, I take them out fishing, but I can’t prevent some 14-year-old walking up with a 9-mm. and shooting Ice Cube in the back of the head if you’re going to shoot right across the street from me.”

So the next day Nicolaides went to the set and said, “John, you told me that colors didn’t matter, and now the hood thinks that Boyz N the Hood is dissing the Bloods, and we’re scheduled in three days to have Ice Cube kill the murderers at a burger stand right across the street from the Jungle.” But Singleton didn’t want to make any changes; it fell to Nicolaides and Ice Cube to persuade him to change the location to Eat a Burger in the Crenshaw mall. “We shot there, had no problem,” said Nicolaides.

Erratic
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Erratic » April 30th, 2018, 3:30 pm

LionTheOracle wrote:Analyzing the beef it looks to be the fictional tale of beef between the Rolling 60's and the BPS Jungles.

The home of Tre, Ricky and Doughboy is placed between 59th and 60th on Cimmeron.

Doughboy's friends tend to wear Seattle Mariners hats

Ricky goes to Crenshaw High School and Tre Washington Prep High respectively.

Initial beef kicks off near Crenshaw and MLK blvd between Rollin 30's and BPS territory.
This could lend to a situation where a few bloods and crips may end up in the same location for Crenshaw Cruising Sunday.

Doughboy has found that the gangmembers retreated back to their territory for dinner which was at the edge of BPS territory
That's true, Singleton originally wanted to make the revenge scene right outside the jungle, but was told to move the scene for safety reasons. Sounds like Bone Cle Sloan was the consultant.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ters-today
Nicolaides was aware of the potential for real violence. One night, after a long day of shooting, he got a phone call from a friend. He’d heard from “a guy named Bone, who runs the Bloods in an area they call ‘the Jungle’—which was right across the street from where we were going to do the scene where Ice Cube shoots the [gang members] who killed Ricky,” recalled Nicolaides. So Nicolaides met with Bone, who had a huge guy sitting next to him. Over dinner, Bone said, “ ‘Word on the street is that this little movie is dissing the Bloods.’ And I said, ‘No, nobody is affiliated to anyone.’ ”

“But Ice Cube’s wearing a blue Detroit Tigers hat, and the bad guy’s got a red [and black] Chicago Bulls hat on. They drive a red Hyundai—that’s dissing to me,” Bone said. “I don’t care about your little movie. I run a business here, and the profits that I make, I take the kids in my world to the ocean, I take them out fishing, but I can’t prevent some 14-year-old walking up with a 9-mm. and shooting Ice Cube in the back of the head if you’re going to shoot right across the street from me.”

So the next day Nicolaides went to the set and said, “John, you told me that colors didn’t matter, and now the hood thinks that Boyz N the Hood is dissing the Bloods, and we’re scheduled in three days to have Ice Cube kill the murderers at a burger stand right across the street from the Jungle.” But Singleton didn’t want to make any changes; it fell to Nicolaides and Ice Cube to persuade him to change the location to Eat a Burger in the Crenshaw mall. “We shot there, had no problem,” said Nicolaides.

Pico2jeff
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Pico2jeff » April 30th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Did anybody catch that C18k hitup when the kids were walking 2 or from school in the beginning? I haven't seen it in a while but it look like bps hood it was hit up on 1 of those lil electric control boxes off the curb

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 9th, 2018, 7:13 pm

The guy who was the blueprint for Doughboy in Boyz in the Hood just recently died. John Singleton posted about it on Instagram.
Y’all give some honor and love to my best friend Micheal Winters aka Fatbacc..107 Hoovers. We grew up on 101st and Vermont ..shared a lotta adventures ...This man could run his mouth .. speak his honest opinion on anything ...he gave no fucks from an early age ...In Boyz n Hood the character Ice Cube plays Is based on this man The Original Dough Boy. We called him Fatbacc. He gave himself that name around 12 years old near 7th grade writing in notebooks ..H.C,G. FATBACC. You will forever be remembered. RIP.Love.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bihyn4jnaG- ... nsingleton

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by comptonblockz » May 10th, 2018, 8:54 am

Sentenza wrote:The guy who was the blueprint for Doughboy in Boyz in the Hood just recently died. John Singleton posted about it on Instagram.
Y’all give some honor and love to my best friend Micheal Winters aka Fatbacc..107 Hoovers. We grew up on 101st and Vermont ..shared a lotta adventures ...This man could run his mouth .. speak his honest opinion on anything ...he gave no fucks from an early age ...In Boyz n Hood the character Ice Cube plays Is based on this man The Original Dough Boy. We called him Fatbacc. He gave himself that name around 12 years old near 7th grade writing in notebooks ..H.C,G. FATBACC. You will forever be remembered. RIP.Love.
rip!

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » May 26th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Sinista wrote:The movie was based on CMG's & 60's
What I always heard.

CMG and 60s the only 2 gangs that grt mentioned or represented through talk and dress during the entire movie. It being one of those 2 makes way more sense than any other theory.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » May 29th, 2018, 4:53 am

I was watching a clip of the ending scene in Boyz n the Hood, and noticed Doughboy calls Tre "cuz."

At this point I think it's obvious that Singleton wanted to allude to the Blood vs. Crip rivalry, with Tre & Doughboy being Crips and Ferris and his boys being Bloods -- but without directly saying it.

As someone else mentioned, the only two real-world hoods mentioned in the movie were Crenshaw Mafia & Rollin 60's. I can see why the 60's were mentioned -- they're probably the largest Black gang and it's located in the area where much of the movie takes place (Doughboy's house is located in 60's hood, for instance). But I wondered why Singleton chose to mention Crenshaw Mafia, especially when it's kind of far from the depicted neighborhoods in the movie, and CM isn't even a one of the bigger or prominent gangs. My guess is that he chose that hood because of the name: Crenshaw. It's obviously a major thoroughfare through Black L.A., and I'm guessing Singleton wanted it mentioned to help it resonate. Crenshaw is mentioned at the opening of the movie on the police radio, and 7 more times throughout the movie. Crenshaw is basically synonymous with "Black L.A."

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 31st, 2018, 9:00 pm

like i said in previous post its bps vs 60 thats hw i see it ....sooo many things proving what i say i know the script is hoover vs lane but the movie wasnt ...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 31st, 2018, 9:02 pm

cmg scene only in the begining !!!! it was were his moma lived but when he moved to his dady crib the blood were bps or ws brims like hood but since the final scenen was supposed to be in hangin spot of jungle stone

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by comptonblockz » June 10th, 2018, 9:46 am

TheAngels wrote:I was watching a clip of the ending scene in Boyz n the Hood, and noticed Doughboy calls Tre "cuz."

At this point I think it's obvious that Singleton wanted to allude to the Blood vs. Crip rivalry, with Tre & Doughboy being Crips and Ferris and his boys being Bloods -- but without directly saying it.

As someone else mentioned, the only two real-world hoods mentioned in the movie were Crenshaw Mafia & Rollin 60's. I can see why the 60's were mentioned -- they're probably the largest Black gang and it's located in the area where much of the movie takes place (Doughboy's house is located in 60's hood, for instance). But I wondered why Singleton chose to mention Crenshaw Mafia, especially when it's kind of far from the depicted neighborhoods in the movie, and CM isn't even a one of the bigger or prominent gangs. My guess is that he chose that hood because of the name: Crenshaw. It's obviously a major thoroughfare through Black L.A., and I'm guessing Singleton wanted it mentioned to help it resonate. Crenshaw is mentioned at the opening of the movie on the police radio, and 7 more times throughout the movie. Crenshaw is basically synonymous with "Black L.A."
Tre soft ass wasn't a crip! :lol:

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 15th, 2018, 12:38 am

Sentenza wrote:The guy who was the blueprint for Doughboy in Boyz in the Hood just recently died. John Singleton posted about it on Instagram.
This dude look like a fiend why was he shaking and stuff ?Its funny how John Singleton is from The Hoover's side but didn't do his films over there.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » June 15th, 2018, 1:08 am

comptonblockz wrote:
TheAngels wrote:I was watching a clip of the ending scene in Boyz n the Hood, and noticed Doughboy calls Tre "cuz."

Tre soft ass wasn't a crip! :lol:
LOL, yeah I don't know what I was thinking. Of course Tre (or Ricky) weren't Crips. I mean they were more loosely affiliated with "Crips" since they grew up in that neighborhood and the bangers were their homies. The main Crips were basically Doughboy, Monster, and Dooky (the three who were in the car during the revenge scene).

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 16th, 2018, 4:23 pm

ViciousRidah wrote:
This dude look like a fiend why was he shaking and stuff ?Its funny how John Singleton is from The Hoover's side but didn't do his films over there.
I don't know. According to John Singleton, he battled cancer for some time, maybe that's it. Or he just had some kind of screw loose.