Hollywood Gangs

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Hollywood Gangs

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 25th, 2017, 7:02 pm

What gangs are still active in Hollywood?

I grew up in Hollywood when i was little. I remember the
Rebels 13
MS 13
18ST
AP 13
TMC 13
CLANTON 14 ST
SUR 13 STONERS
LA MIRADA LOCOS 13
VIRGINIA ST LOCOS 13
WHITE FENCE 13
I'M I MISSING ANY HOOD

I DON'T REMEMBER ANY BLACK GANGS IN HOLLYWOOD

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Hollywood Gangs

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 26th, 2017, 12:44 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:What gangs are still active in Hollywood?

I grew up in Hollywood when i was little. I remember the
Rebels 13
MS 13
18ST
AP 13
TMC 13
CLANTON 14 ST
SUR 13 STONERS
LA MIRADA LOCOS 13
VIRGINIA ST LOCOS 13
WHITE FENCE 13
I'M I MISSING ANY HOOD

I DON'T REMEMBER ANY BLACK GANGS IN HOLLYWOOD

REBELS TRECE started out in Rampart, MARA STONERS started out in Westlake, EIGHTEEN STREET started out in Pico Union, WS WHITE FENCE started out in Echo Park, SUR 13 STONERS/CHUCOS started out in NExLOS, CLANTONE started out in Central LA.

Altabz
What city do you live in now?: Altadena

Unread post by Altabz » December 29th, 2017, 2:30 pm

You're missing W/S Tree Park Criminals 13. Their a newer hood around Lemon Grove park. I heard their active.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 29th, 2017, 6:28 pm

always wondered about ap. they was koo w white fence first then beefed? why everybody hate em? they mustve put in work for everybody to hate em. who they smash on?

no need to talk about the claimers im talkin real ap.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by yoda100 » December 29th, 2017, 6:57 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:always wondered about ap. they was koo w white fence first then beefed? why everybody hate em? they mustve put in work for everybody to hate em. who they smash on?

no need to talk about the claimers im talkin real ap.
Armenian Power was never cool with White Fence, in fact, Armenian Power was formed due to the bullying and harassment of Armenians by Mexican-Americans and Salvadoreans. Thats how their beef with White Fence started, and its also how their beef with MS started, in a sense, at first they werent hated by everyone due to putting in work, they were hated and simply picked on due to being immigrants arriving in an area already dominated by very old gangs (White Fence 1920s) ex. It was more of a racial view point if you will, the Mexicans and Salvadoreans were just picking on the Armenian immigrants, and in return the Armenians formed a gang for protection, this beef started in 1989 and still goes on today, I believe Armenian Powers beef with White Fence will never go away, seeing as to how White Fence murdered their leader Armen "Silent" Petrosyan on May 22, 2001 at an Armenian restaurant called Sourens Deli on Hollywood Boulevard.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 30th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Wf and ap in the beginnings were cool. Beefed later. found an old post by wf Gibby who was through the thick of it. viewtopic.php?t=3714 scroll down another cat says Armenians were green lighted in the valley. Iono if that’s true but if it was why? I see Armenians a lot online like to throw the word beaner around...I remember back in the day everybody hated Armenians from the city to the valley. And do they really stink? I went to school in the valley and my homegirl I sat next to everyday didn’t smell but she did have a unibrow. She was so excited one day to show me she get rid of it lol.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 30th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Ms fuckin w Armenians though? Werent Salvadorans gettin punked by Mexicans when they barely arrived?

O yea la mirada hustla crip was around too.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » January 1st, 2018, 7:34 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:Wf and ap in the beginnings were cool. Beefed later. found an old post by wf Gibby who was through the thick of it. viewtopic.php?t=3714 scroll down another cat says Armenians were green lighted in the valley. Iono if that’s true but if it was why? I see Armenians a lot online like to throw the word beaner around...I remember back in the day everybody hated Armenians from the city to the valley. And do they really stink? I went to school in the valley and my homegirl I sat next to everyday didn’t smell but she did have a unibrow. She was so excited one day to show me she get rid of it lol.
Yeah, they don't like wearing deodorant for some reason :lol:, well at least some of them, I don't know if the valley Armenian Power's were green lighted for the same reason, but I believe some of them were refusing to kick up taxes to the mexican mafia thus resulting in a green light, I believe theres a youtube video from the late 80s? possibly early 90s, of the armenians and mexicans causing riots, and fighting throught different high schools etc so i wouldnt be suprised if their are armenians online who do throw the beaner word around lmao, and yeah youre right almost everybody in the valley hated them, shit they were even beefing with the asians out there too, ABZ to be precise, there was an incident were some AP's got stabbed by some ABZ's at a hs out in the valley, alotta people had a dislike for them

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » January 1st, 2018, 7:58 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:Ms fuckin w Armenians though? Werent Salvadorans gettin punked by Mexicans when they barely arrived?

O yea la mirada hustla crip was around too.
Yep, but the Salvadorans caved in, there's a documentary on that, when the salvi's left el salvador to los angeles, they started their own gang known as the "Mara Stoners", due to being victimized by the mexican gangs, and it eventually morphed into the "Mara Salvatrucha", supposedly, Mara Salvatrucha was blessed with the 13 by the Mexican Mafia in 1992, the reason for that being is, when the L.A riots popped off, the race riots eventually popped off throught L.A county jails and prisons, and they sided with la eme, la eme had planned for some MS members to stab damian "football" williams, but he was placed into protective custody, seeing as to how they were loyal, the 13 was placed next to their name, and til this day we still see them up "MSX3", there's an old kite or "wila" from the 1980s of all of the gangs la eme greenlighted and MS was on there, also a few years back, there was a drug bust on MS13, and one of the dudes who got arrested was heavily connected with the mexican mafia, so we know their still allied.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » January 3rd, 2018, 8:37 pm

about ms...is that right?

them abz was lightin everybody up in the sfv. durin the sfv sureno peace treaty abz got some action. theres an article on it.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » January 5th, 2018, 10:33 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:about ms...is that right?

them abz was lightin everybody up in the sfv. durin the sfv sureno peace treaty abz got some action. theres an article on it.
Got a link to the article? yeah abz/abs were active back in their days, wasnt just from the sfv either, the lb faction was getting it in too, lets be honest, these niggas were beefin with almost everyone, they were practically the 18st of the mexicans, but instead asian, beefin with everybody, they don't get alot of recognition for what they did, their war with valerio? abz smashed, mopped the floor with them niggas, their war with wah ching? abs/abz won that, and their war with trg? their dominant presence in long beach, lets you know who won that, shit the van nuys abz were straight psychopaths

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » January 6th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Can anyone make an accurate gang map of Hollywood?

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » January 7th, 2018, 12:47 am

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-04/ ... ted-crimes

Gang-Related Murders on the Rise in Valley : Crime: The trend counters the drop in such homicides citywide. So far this year, 27 have been killed.
August 04, 1995|JULIE TAMAKI and FRANK B. WILLIAMS | TIMES STAFF WRITERS

Email

The number of gang-related murders in the San Fernando Valley during the first seven months of the year has nearly matched the total for all of 1994--a dramatic increase in killings that is counter to the trend citywide and comes despite a Latino gang truce.

So far this year, Los Angeles police have tallied 27 gang-related killings in the Valley, compared to 29 during all of last year.

The number of other gang-related crimes in the Valley is also on the rise compared to the rest of the city. The Valley has experienced a 23% increase in gang crimes during the first six months of this year compared to last year, with the Foothill Division--one of five in the Valley--reporting a 77% jump, said Los Angeles Police Lt. Fred Tuller, who heads the Valley Bureau's gang unit.

By comparison, gang-related crime throughout Los Angeles has dropped by 1% during the same period. Citywide, gang-related homicides are down 5.5% this year, from 146 during the first six months of 1994 to 138 for the same period in 1995.

Police say the increase in the Valley has come, in part, from growing numbers of renegade outlaws not participating in the truce. A burgeoning number of Asian and African American gangs have also contributed to the problem, say community activists who have worked closely with Latino gang members to preserve the nearly two-year truce.

"Only six of the guys in our peace treaty have been killed since it took effect," said Steve Martinez, a former gang member who has worked to maintain the truce. "Three of them were killed by Asian gang members this year."

Police report that crimes involving Asian gangs have roughly doubled this year in the Valley. For the first six months of the year, Asian gang members were involved in at least five homicides, six attempted murders and seven robberies, police said.

Over Easter weekend, for example, two Latino teen-agers were gunned down and killed by a group of Asian youths, apparently the result of an ongoing conflict over territory between Latino and Asian gang members on Valerio Street in Van Nuys, police said.

Tuller speculated that there may have also been substantially fewer gang killings last year because of a large police presence in the Valley following the Northridge quake. In 1993, police report there were 44 gang-related killings.

Some Los Angeles police detectives contend the increase in gang-related crimes is the result of a broader classification system that took effect this year--an argument disputed by department superiors.

Even so, the hold of the gang truce has been tenuous this year, say police and gang members.

Following a rash of gang-related violence about six weeks ago, it seemed the truce was deteriorating, said Lt. Joe Garcia, who leads detectives at the Foothill Division.

Martinez said some Valley residents have spread rumors that the peace treaty is off. In addition, he and other volunteers have not been able to devote the same amount of time toward preserving the truce as they did last year.

"Last year we used to defuse a lot of problems before they turned into anything . . . we'd hear a rumor and go and investigate it," said Martinez, a father of four. "But it takes a lot of time and my wife has told me she needs me at home more."

On the street, the view is slightly different.

"The peace treaty is not like what it was before," said "Bones," a 16-year-old gang member in Van Nuys who declined to give his name. "People go to parties and get drunk . . . they just don't care."

He added: "It's not about drugs or money. People just don't want other people on their block."

(BEGIN TEXT OF INFOBOX / INFOGRAPHIC)

Gang-Related Crimes

Overall, gang- related crimes are on the increase in the San Fernando Valley. From January 1 through June 30, 1,004 crimes were reported, 23% more than last year. The 27 gang- related murders reported so far this year nearly equal the 29 killings for all of last year. Figures for the Valley's five police divisons from Jan.1 through June 30, 1995:

Devonshire:

1995 Crimes: 147

Change from 1994: + 25%

Foothill:

1995 Crimes: 296

Change from 1994: +77%

West Valley:

1995 Crimes: 145

Change from 1994: -1%

Van Nuys:

1995 Crimes: 241

Change from 1994: +21%

Source: LAPD; Researched by JULIE TAMAKI / Los Angeles Times

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » November 11th, 2018, 5:36 am

Virginia St Locos was started by Vatos from TMC.
I guess they were a clique and neighborhood of TMC. Something went down and Virginia St broke off and started beefing with TMC.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » November 13th, 2018, 2:37 pm

I have some Hollywood hood questions:

When was the White Fence set in Hollywood founded? I'm thinking 1980's but I have no idea.

How did The Magicians Club get its name?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 13th, 2018, 8:21 pm

TheAngels wrote:I have some Hollywood hood questions:

When was the White Fence set in Hollywood founded? I'm thinking 1980's but I have no idea?

I know for a fact that west side WF was in the Echo Park Mayberry Crazys area back in the mid-to-late 70s, we're talking 76/77/78 before there was any Cys, and i guess they WF ended up setting up shop in east hollywood and started beefing with clanton, so wsWF was most definetely out on the west side before 1980.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » November 13th, 2018, 9:46 pm

It seems like a lot of the big main gangs in Hollywood started in different parts of LA. Then set up shop in Hollywood. Interesting.

Why is this? Was it because it was a good area to make money off dope and prostitutes?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » November 14th, 2018, 6:19 am

shaolinmonche wrote:It seems like a lot of the big main gangs in Hollywood started in different parts of LA. Then set up shop in Hollywood. Interesting.

Why is this? Was it because it was a good area to make money off dope and prostitutes?
You're probably right. But also because Hollywood was becoming run-down from the period of the 70's, 80's, and 90's, with many parts becoming low-income. I remember as a kid in the 90's that Hollywood had a reputation for a lot of squatters and abandoned buildings. Then when you combine the dope and prostitution, Hollywood became a natural place for gangs to arise.

People outside of LA think of Hollywood as being glitz & glamour when Hollywood had a reputation of being kind of hood in the 80's & 90's.

That's all changing now though as Hollywood is one of those gentrifying hotspots in L.A. now. It's more expensive to live there, and they're constantly building more developments.

My boy who was a hood dude and wasn't rich at all used to stay in the Whitley apartments at 1963 Cahuenga (right near the 101 freeway), and I would visit him there around 2006. Back then those apartments were ugly and bland, and reminded me of the projects. In just 10 years that apartment building is different now -- completely repainted, with fitness centers & fancy stores at the bottom and more expensive.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » November 14th, 2018, 9:49 am

TheAngels wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:It seems like a lot of the big main gangs in Hollywood started in different parts of LA. Then set up shop in Hollywood. Interesting.

You're probably right. But also because Hollywood was becoming run-down from the period of the 70's, 80's, and 90's, with many parts becoming low-income. I remember as a kid in the 90's that Hollywood had a reputation for a lot of squatters and abandoned buildings. Then when you combine the dope and prostitution, Hollywood became a natural place for gangs to arise.

People outside of LA think of Hollywood as being glitz & glamour when Hollywood had a reputation of being kind of hood in the 80's & 90's.

That's all changing now though as Hollywood is one of those gentrifying hotspots in L.A. now. It's more expensive to live there, and they're constantly building more developments.

My boy who was a hood dude and wasn't rich at all used to stay in the Whitley apartments at 1963 Cahuenga (right near the 101 freeway), and I would visit him there around 2006. Back then those apartments were ugly and bland, and reminded me of the projects. In just 10 years that apartment building is different now -- completely repainted, with fitness centers & fancy stores at the bottom and more expensive.
My primo from Hollywood would talk about in the 80s they would rob white people in West Hollywood and rob prositutes. Then in the 90s they were pimping prostitutes and selling a lot of dope, making hella drug money off the upcoming actors and actresses trying to make it big in Hollywood.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » February 7th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Anyone know if Virginia Street Locos is still active, or did their area get taken over by MS13?

I drove through their hood and the area still looks hoodish even though Hollywood is getting gentrified.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » February 7th, 2020, 4:11 pm

Altabz wrote:
December 29th, 2017, 2:30 pm
You're missing W/S Tree Park Criminals 13. Their a newer hood around Lemon Grove park. I heard their active.
I heard about TPC13, but I’ve been through the heart of their hood and saw nothing but MS13 graffiti.

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: South Carolina
What city do you live in now?: Saskatoon

Unread post by Frio55 » February 9th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 9th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 10th, 2020, 1:14 am

La Mirada Locos

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 10th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 10:23 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 10:25 pm

WS White Fence

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 10:46 pm

MS-13 Hollywood

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 12th, 2020, 11:17 pm

18th St HGS

Frio55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Frio55 » February 15th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”