Inglewood 13

Thousands have been killed in the conflict that has been taken place in Los Angeles during the last couple of decade. Post dead homies from gangs in the 88 cities within Los Angeles County.
babyyoda7
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: south central

Inglewood 13

Unread post by babyyoda7 » July 16th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Antonio "Batman" Tavarez, 25, He was shot and killed by Inglewood Neighborhood Piru on November 1, 2009 in the 400 block of Edgewood Street in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Inglewood 13

Unread post by yoda100 » December 31st, 2018, 1:12 am

On February 26, 2002, Inglewood 13 gang member and rapper from a group called "Out of the Wood", Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was shot and killed by rival Harpys 13 gang members, Jose "Conejo" Martin and Edgar "Looney" Luna. On the night of February 26, 2002, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was the opening act for the album release party called "The Ollin Project", located at "The Galaxy Concert Theater" at 3503 S. Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana, California. As soon as the concert ended, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was chased from the outside parking lot into the Galaxy Theater lobby and shot and killed.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » December 31st, 2018, 1:39 am

Oscar Zatarain, 23, An Inglewood 13 gang member was shot and killed in a gun battle with police sunday, december 9, 1998. Police say Zatarain and another man killed a young man in Mar Vista last sunday, when police officer Brian E. Brown and his partner saw them fleeing the scene. After the short chase, Zatarain opened fire on police with an assault rifle, fatally striking brown in the head and killing him. Zatarain was mortally wounded by the other officer and died at the scene.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 31st, 2018, 1:47 am

[quote="yoda100"]On February 26, 2002, Inglewood 13 gang member and rapper from a group called "Out of the Wood", Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was shot and killed by rival Harpys 13 gang members, Jose "Conejo" Martin and Edgar "Looney" Luna. On the night of February 26, 2002, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was the opening act for the album release party called "The Ollin Project", located at "The Galaxy Concert Theater" at 3503 S. Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana, California. As soon as the concert ended, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was chased from the outside parking lot into the Galaxy Theater lobby and shot and killed.[/quote]

Conejo and Looney weren’t charged for that murder. Conejo was wanted for questioning for that incident, simply because he attended the show. The Fox News piece make it look like Conejo did the murder, but obviously there was no evidence he had anything to do with it.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » December 31st, 2018, 9:47 pm

[quote="AmericanZombie"][quote="yoda100"]On February 26, 2002, Inglewood 13 gang member and rapper from a group called "Out of the Wood", Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was shot and killed by rival Harpys 13 gang members, Jose "Conejo" Martin and Edgar "Looney" Luna. On the night of February 26, 2002, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was the opening act for the album release party called "The Ollin Project", located at "The Galaxy Concert Theater" at 3503 S. Harbor Blvd in Santa Ana, California. As soon as the concert ended, Steven "Cartoon" Rivera was chased from the outside parking lot into the Galaxy Theater lobby and shot and killed.[/quote]

Conejo and Looney weren’t charged for that murder. Conejo was wanted for questioning for that incident, simply because he attended the show. The Fox News piece make it look like Conejo did the murder, but obviously there was no evidence he had anything to do with it.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, Fox 11 news did make it seem like he committed the murder, but it could've been anyone else there, that had a gun.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 31st, 2018, 10:18 pm

To me it seemed like they were just trying to pin the murder on him, hoping for a confession or for him to give the cops info on what he saw. A Known documented gang member, criminal record, tattoos, does “gangster rap,”they probably thought they can run that hit piece and maybe get an arrest out of it and close the case. I obviously wasn’t there, but I know how cops along with the help of the media pull that kind of shit.

On the other hand, Conejo along with Looney were in fact charged with a completely separate murder on that party crew DJ Mario Gutierrez. I don’t know what evidence they actually had for that one, but the Fox11 News special basically said that they wrote Rabbit on the wall where the party took place. The dude also pulled a gun out and fired shots, so I don’t know if he got off on self defense or just lack of evidence all together. But both Looney and Conejo were acquitted for that murder.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 31st, 2018, 10:25 pm

Regarding the murder of Cartoon of Inglewood 13,

Conejo has a line in the song “Stole My Sleep” about the incident

“And I was at the show when that boy got dropped,
I knew that boy,
No need to use my toy,