Paradoxical Puzzle?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Paradoxical Puzzle?

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 6th, 2019, 12:31 pm

Can you tell a psychopath?

Without Conscience

Psychopaths among us

Do Street Gangs by default carry in their ranks a lot of low-life psychopaths?

Some very unscrewed vatos and ladies form part of every clique out there
Some are just the run of the mill psychos
Then there’s those that try to act crazy but are not real, they’re far from being “real” crazy

But then, there’s the real ones

Without conscience

my question is double sword

How prevalent is it in the hoods?

Case example, my homeboy WINO from Dog Town from back in the days
Ever since back in the Elementary School days, he was not all there
He once held up the ice cream truck with a butter knife
I used to dread running into him, ‘cause every time he'd come along, we ended up duking it out

I’d be with a group of kids, and he’d show up, and everybody knew how he was, so they back out and leave
But me, nah, he could never kick my ass, but neither could I kick his ass neither
It was almost always a draw
Nevertheless, we still got down every time
It never stopped, until we were both from the Varrio

The things he went on to do
ARE NOTHING BUT PSYCHOPATHY

How prevalent -in your opinion- does psychopathy affect the Varrio ranks?

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Re: Paradoxical Puzzle?

Unread post by AmericanZombie » February 6th, 2019, 1:05 pm

For sure, gangs attract some real pshycopaths.
Psychopaths make up about 1 percent of the general population and as much as 25 percent of male offenders in federal correctional settings, according to the researchers. Psychopaths are typically profoundly selfish and lack emotion
So it may be safe to assume the percentage of psychopaths among gangs might be a little higher.

I’m sure we all know of individuals that had been feared within their own hood and their own homies didn’t know what this person might do next.

Altabz
What city do you live in now?: Altadena

Unread post by Altabz » February 6th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Interesting.. I was talking about this subject with one if my friends a few months back. It really depends on the hood, but I feel like larger gangs hold less psycopaths by ratio, since they most likely recruit a lot of wannabes. While in smaller hoods the ratio might be higher since they might only recruit people who are active (which is why their hood remains small), and those are most likely psychopaths. I'm not gonna say which hood it is, but one of my homies is from a gang that's only like 40 deep (including members doing time), and he has like 12 homies doing time for things along the lines of murder or attempted murder, while 1 or 2 are there for other charges. The other 30 or so members are free. Anyways, he's told me stories of what some of his homies doing time did and he even agreed that they were psychopaths. For example he said when they use to go on missions, one of his homies use to always carry a large kitchen knife, and would refuse to shoot because he would want to stab them. In fact he said one time they got shot at and his homie chased and stabbed the guy who was shooting at them, before getting away. A few months later he ended up stabbing his then gf to death which is why he's doing life right now.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 7th, 2019, 10:02 am

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080033/

Psychopathy Among Mexican American Gang Members: A Comparative Study

High-risk Mexican American males were assessed for levels of psychopathy. The Hare Psychopathy Checklist–Screening Version was compared in a random sample of gang members with a matched community sample of violent non-gang members and samples of forensic and psychiatric patients and undergraduate students. Analysis involved t-test, chi-square, and Cronbach’s alpha statistics. More than half of the gang sample were categorized as low, 44% as moderate, and only 4% as high on psychopathy. The gang members had higher scores on the total, affective, and behavioral scores than the non–gang members. High scores on adolescent antisocial behavior, poor behavioral controls, and lack of remorse were found in both samples. Gang members scored twice as high as non-gang members on lack of empathy. Both samples were lower on psychopathy than the forensics and higher than psychiatric patients and undergraduates. The results provide grounds for early intervention efforts for this high-risk population...

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » February 8th, 2019, 1:32 am

Some have killed in self defense. Some have killed because they really believed in the cause. Some have killed to earn stripes, earn respect and fear amongst peers and then go on to have sincere deep regret years later. Then there’s those that kill because they like it and have always wanted to do it. And they just simply feel no remorse. A true pshycopath could murder and then sleep like a baby the very same night.

Not all pshycopaths are super violent though, but they can wreak havoc in other ways.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 8th, 2019, 2:08 am

AmericanZombie wrote:Some have killed in self defense. Some have killed because they really believed in the cause. Some have killed to earn stripes, earn respect and fear amongst peers and then go on to have sincere deep regret years later. Then there’s those that kill because they like it and have always wanted to do it. And they just simply feel no remorse. A true pshycopath could murder and then sleep like a baby the very same night.

Not all pshycopaths are super violent though, but they can wreak havoc in other ways.
me cai que si, right

yeah man, and sometimes it can also be like Altabz said, smaller gangs may have the most numbers of true psycho locos, percentage wise versus bigger numbers gangs, because, to put it nicely, evil knows and attracts evil, takes one to know, one right? Trip

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”