crips dress code

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

crips dress code

Unread post by dwalton » November 10th, 2003, 2:43 pm

I'm from Philly but I know a lot about Crips and Crippin. What I don't know is certain terminology for clothes worn by original crips. I think:

Crokersags (Crockersacks)= shoes

Biscuits= sunglasses

Sling shots I heard WC from Westside Connection use

Golf hats are just what they are; Golf hats.

Could somebody help me?

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: crips dress code

Unread post by wizard wond » November 11th, 2003, 4:49 pm

dwalton wrote:I'm from Philly but I know a lot about Crips and Crippin. What I don't know is certain terminology for clothes worn by original crips. I think:

Crokersags (Crockersacks)= shoes

Biscuits= sunglasses

Sling shots I heard WC from Westside Connection use

Golf hats are just what they are; Golf hats.

Could somebody help me?
Croakersacs are shoes, simple shoes with rubber soles and a canvas upper, like the material used for potato sacks or sand bags, usually black , blue or brown in color, however duting the early 80's they started making 2-tone styles ie. brown/beige, gark/light blue etc.

Biscuits are another style of shoes, leather usually black or brown with white laces around the leather soles and a line across the toe. Similar to Stacy Adams, or oxfords, but with a round toe. The y must be shined

Golf hats were just that with the golf clubs on the front, but they had 2 be made of canvas.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » February 10th, 2004, 8:55 am

dont forget loks(i probably spell it wrong)-thoses r the black shades they used to were in the bangin on wax days

flannel red/blue-red or blue (usually) plad jackets

initial belt buckles-clothe belt with letter on silver buckle

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 12th, 2004, 6:07 pm

Everybody knows where I stand with the gang scene (not down with it), but I feel I can share some facts about certan subjects.

Early crip wear around the early seventies.

1. Blue Levis with large cuffs (8-10 inches) pressed to a crisp
2. Blue Bomber Jackets
3. Biscuits/ crocker sacs
4. Old school collar cotton shirts, the kind that's a little longer in the front and in the back, sometimes military creases in the back.
5. Mirror sunglasses for a short minute. Early to mid seventies.
6. Left pierced ear was more symbolic then than now.

A crew around the USC area was noted to wear turbines. not sure if they were crips or bloods.

Late seventies and early eighties
1. Batman style jackets (with the flaps/vent in the back).
2. Stacy adams, crocker sacks, biscuits, another popular shoe/ black slip on (can't remeber the name), even black wallabees for a minute.
3. Taps on the shoes were popular for a minute.
4. Golf hats and some fools were even sportin cowboys hats with rags tied around the brim for a short minute (probably wouldn't dare mention that now).
5. Pair of brown or black work gloves (the cloth type).

Just a few facts to add to the collection.
Last edited by Common Sense on February 12th, 2004, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread post by Guest » February 12th, 2004, 6:08 pm

THE GANGBANGIN CLOTHING STYLE HAS CHANGED A WHOLE LOT. NIGGAS DRESS MORE HIP HOP NOW. THAT KHAKI AND CHUCK TREND IS HISTORY NOW

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 12th, 2004, 6:22 pm

its not completely history

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 13th, 2004, 5:17 am

baseball caps, golf hats, bebopp hats, brim hats ace-deucy hats

afros, french braids down the sides, cornrows, braided pigtails, jeri curls, perms, dookie braids

locs (dark sunglasses)

khakis, dickies, ben davis, creased levis

chucks, pumas, nikes, stacy biscuits, wallabees, croaka sacs, romeos, courderou house shoes

khaki suits, plain t-shirts, pendletons, cascade charlie brown shirts, sweatshirts with iron-on letters with hood name and/or R.I.P.s

brownies (garden gloves)

rag (purple/blue/red bandana, dependin wut gang u bangin)

this applies to crips and bloods, thats all i can think of right now........

coconut1202004
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coconut1202004 » February 17th, 2004, 4:18 pm

wattscrackin wrote:baseball caps, golf hats, bebopp hats, brim hats ace-deucy hats

afros, french braids down the sides, cornrows, braided pigtails, jeri curls, perms, dookie braids

locs (dark sunglasses)

khakis, dickies, ben davis, creased levis

chucks, pumas, nikes, stacy biscuits, wallabees, croaka sacs, romeos, courderou house shoes

khaki suits, plain t-shirts, pendletons, cascade charlie brown shirts, sweatshirts with iron-on letters with hood name and/or R.I.P.s

brownies (garden gloves)

rag (purple/blue/red bandana, dependin wut gang u bangin)

this applies to crips and bloods, thats all i can think of right now........
NOW THAT THE STYLE FOR THIS TIME,PLUS WITH THE HIP HOP STYLE

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » February 24th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Wasn't a Crip, but the ones I knew used to all wear dark blue dickies, dark blue t shirts, white tennis shoes, and all had a C tattooed over the heart...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 24th, 2004, 9:12 pm

FIRST CRIPS WORE ACE DUECE HATS STACY ADAMS AND LEATHER COATS .

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 27th, 2004, 11:33 am

You forgot to mention bgCASPER those leather coats usually were a "donation" and about the canes.

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 20th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Stacy Adams...damn that shit is slicc to do toe. I cud neva afford it lol

C_Ridah253
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by C_Ridah253 » June 2nd, 2004, 10:49 am

LOL CRIP DRESS CODE??

BabyJesus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyJesus » August 12th, 2004, 3:25 pm

Crips in my area that go to my school (Crenshaw High) mostly like to wear anything das hiphop now, but some like to wear blue hats, blue or blacc chuccs, dey paccpaccs mostly be the ones with the Roca Wear sign on it,sometimes i even c dem walkin with canes (i dunno if dey tryin to be oldskool or dey jus got fucced up legs). the 40's sometimes like to wear red hats too LOL jus becuz dey can.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » January 25th, 2005, 2:59 pm

YEAH I SEEN A FEW NICCAS with A CANE UP THERE

roccet
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by roccet » January 25th, 2005, 5:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:THE GANGBANGIN CLOTHING STYLE HAS CHANGED A WHOLE LOT. NIGGAS DRESS MORE HIP HOP NOW. THAT KHAKI AND CHUCK TREND IS HISTORY NOW
NOT TOTALLY TRUE. LIKE IN NEWARK I'VE NOTICED THE RETRO STYLE MAKING A COME BACK LAST SUMMER. LIKE THE WEARING OF KHAKIS AND DICKIE SUITS, AND CHUCK TAYLORS AS WELL. BUT BEIN ADDED WITH A LITTLE EAST COAST FLAVA. LIKE FITTED HATS, TIMBERLAND BOOTS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

roccet
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by roccet » January 25th, 2005, 5:19 pm

I NEVER NOTICED A DRESS CODE, NOT IN NEWARK AT LEAST. I MEAN SOME CRIP SETS COLOR BANG, BUT THERE IS NO KIND OF CODE.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » February 3rd, 2005, 8:47 am

there really aint no "code"...its just ya own flava....i still rocc blue chuccs but i got adidas and timbs.....back in the day when crippin started, i wouldnt say it wasa code...but more of a standard uniform to id cats...theres always a variation tho

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » February 3rd, 2005, 12:00 pm

i prefer the standard west coast G style over all that goofy lookin' east coast hiphop shit....sometimes i wonder what you new york cats are thinkin when you lookin in the mirror rockin a XXXXXXXXL white T with some phat farm jeans hangin down 10 inches off your ass with your tri-colored fitted hat 3 sizes to big and your corny usher glasses on ya face tilted to the side a bit......"god damn son, i look mad gully yo"...ROFL

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » February 3rd, 2005, 12:08 pm

more crip style:

lined or unlined denim blue chore coats with the corduroy collar
(standard prison style)

blue triple stitched utility jeans creased to perfection

county blue chambray shirts, short or long sleeved with three fat creases

arnold palmer golf jackets, blue or black(typical LA style during the mid 70's to late 80's)

overalls rocked with the bib hangin over the thigh area an the straps left dangling in the back behind the legs

military style letter belts.....

nine one three

Unread post by nine one three » February 11th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:THE GANGBANGIN CLOTHING STYLE HAS CHANGED A WHOLE LOT. NIGGAS DRESS MORE HIP HOP NOW. THAT KHAKI AND CHUCK TREND IS HISTORY NOW
dude all i wear is dickies and shells now

Seminole
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Seminole » February 11th, 2005, 9:13 pm

i dont know bout you but i love my khukks but that might just be me. me and alot of my homeboys still wear em and we still bang khakis too

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » February 17th, 2005, 2:03 pm

PS1979 wrote:i prefer the standard west coast G style over all that goofy lookin' east coast hiphop shit....sometimes i wonder what you new york cats are thinkin when you lookin in the mirror rockin a XXXXXXXXL white T with some phat farm jeans hangin down 10 inches off your ass with your tri-colored fitted hat 3 sizes to big and your corny usher glasses on ya face tilted to the side a bit......"god damn son, i look mad gully yo"...ROFL
LOL!!!! what gets me is cats wearing those GODDAMN jaccets and jeans with all those damn PATCHES!! WTF??? i cant stand that shyt...now niggas is wearin jeans that look like they was thrown together out of scraps of fabric....FUCC THAT SHYT

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » February 17th, 2005, 2:08 pm

Sh3LLz wrote:
PS1979 wrote:i prefer the standard west coast G style over all that goofy lookin' east coast hiphop shit....sometimes i wonder what you new york cats are thinkin when you lookin in the mirror rockin a XXXXXXXXL white T with some phat farm jeans hangin down 10 inches off your ass with your tri-colored fitted hat 3 sizes to big and your corny usher glasses on ya face tilted to the side a bit......"god damn son, i look mad gully yo"...ROFL
LOL!!!! what gets me is cats wearing those GODDAMN jaccets and jeans with all those damn PATCHES!! WTF??? i cant stand that shyt...now niggas is wearin jeans that look like they was thrown together out of scraps of fabric....FUCC THAT SHYT
*Westcoast style and flavor all the way. To hell with the fancy colors, give me earth tones.

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » February 18th, 2005, 8:14 pm

TheReal wrote:
Sh3LLz wrote:
*Westcoast style and flavor all the way. To hell with the fancy colors, give me earth tones.
In Northtown Las Vegas, I went through Donna Blocc (Donna Street Crips) and them niggaz was rockin' the basic dark blue shirts with the khaki pants and chucks...I dunno about the other crip setz out here tho.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 1st, 2005, 1:53 am

theres a difference between dressing hip hop and dressing gangsta

HIP HOP: brand names, fitted, throwbacks, timbs, patches on the jeans
GANGSTA: dickies, khakis, blank tees any color, chucks or cortez, locs

the youth of today dress hip hop but they try to act gangsta, personally im not buying it. they follow the rappers and copy everything they do. There's nothing gangsta about sippin crystal in a mansion, gangstas sip on a 40 in the garage haha

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 14th, 2006, 9:33 pm

[quote="PS1979"]i prefer the standard west coast G style over all that goofy lookin' east coast hiphop shit....sometimes i wonder what you new york cats are thinkin when you lookin in the mirror rockin a XXXXXXXXL white T with some phat farm jeans hangin down 10 inches off your ass with your tri-colored fitted hat 3 sizes to big and your corny usher glasses on ya face tilted to the side a bit......"god damn son, i look mad gully yo"...ROFL[/quote]

lol