Jay Z - The Black Album

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Jay Z - The Black Album

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 2nd, 2005, 8:13 pm

Whatchall think about this album? Personally I thought this was Jay Z's best work Im feelin every track on this joint. I honestly think its better than Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint. But thats just my taste in music I like the vibes on this album better. str8 up hearin that sh*t I feel like Im listenin to some Pac or some Bone Thugs thats how deep i think it is, just in a differnt way. So whatchall think. And please dont jus go up in here and say stupid sh*t like "F*ck Jay Z."

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jay Z - The Black Album

Unread post by olo » March 2nd, 2005, 8:56 pm

makaveli389 wrote:Whatchall think about this album? Personally I thought this was Jay Z's best work Im feelin every track on this joint. I honestly think its better than Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint. But thats just my taste in music I like the vibes on this album better. str8 up hearin that sh*t I feel like Im listenin to some Pac or some Bone Thugs thats how deep i think it is, just in a differnt way. So whatchall think. And please dont jus go up in here and say stupid sh*t like "F*ck Jay Z."
It was wack.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 2nd, 2005, 9:06 pm

what "olo" said, thats shyt is Pussyboi Music.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 2nd, 2005, 9:30 pm

ignore the haters...

i liked his Blueprint album better...just my opinion. one of the best albums to come out that year. another reason why i liked his Blueprint LP is cuz that's the album that made Nas wake up and come out with some hot tracks...Streets Disciple, Lost Tapes, etc...those are some bangin' albums as well

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 3rd, 2005, 7:26 am

kiCKer wrote:ignore the haters...

i liked his Blueprint album better...just my opinion. one of the best albums to come out that year. another reason why i liked his Blueprint LP is because that's the album that made Nas wake up and come out with some hot tracks...Streets Disciple, Lost Tapes, etc...those are some bangin' albums as well
The Lost Tapes were scraps of songs Nas had made before the Blueprint. It was released afterward, but the songs were made before it. Like I said before, Jay-Z makes okay albums. They aren't great, they are just okay. You can't go back and listen to them like that, they get old real quick. His albums don't resonate like Nas' or Pacs, or Big's, or Scarface's, or Wu-Tang's albums. Those guys albums you can bump all the time, and they still hit hard. They are timeless. Jay's albums aren't. Jay makes fast food music.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 3rd, 2005, 12:49 pm

I agree with you, Jay Z makes alotta BS fast food songs. But dude, you cant honestly sit there and tell me songs like Song Cry, U Dont Know, Can I live, Renegade, Moment of Clarity arent classics. This n*gga took the rap game to a whole differnt level. And honestly, you just gotta have a hustlers mentality to be able to really feel Jay Z and feel what hes talkin about. He aint just flossin regular like all these cats talkin bout their ice n chrome rims n all that sh*t. He flosses his mentality, feel me?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 3rd, 2005, 1:19 pm

Jay-Z did some Shyt with LINKIN PARK and then Claims he's the Throne of Eastcoast Rap, The fucc outta here with the Chickenshyt. Linkin Park is Emo White boi Shyt. Jz, niggas Lame. IMO So dont even Trip.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » March 3rd, 2005, 1:36 pm

makaveli389 wrote:I agree with you, Jay Z makes alotta BS fast food songs. But dude, you cant honestly sit there and tell me songs like Song Cry, U Dont Know, Can I live, Renegade, Moment of Clarity arent classics. This n*gga took the rap game to a whole differnt level. And honestly, you just gotta have a hustlers mentality to be able to really feel Jay Z and feel what hes talkin about. He aint just flossin regular like all these cats talkin bout their ice n chrome rims n all that sh*t. He flosses his mentality, feel me?
I hear you brotha. I never could really get into Reasonable Doubt. I used to like Jay back then, because he was an underdog. The Big's, Pac,Scarface's, Nas' of the world were on top back then,and Jay was trying to get in where he could fit in. In my lifetime Vol. 1, was a huge disappointment,except for Where I'm from. That was tight. Since Jay was struggling at the time, and Bad Boy was on top, he got with their producers and tried to sell that way for Vol. 1, but it didn't work. Hard Knock life Vol. 2, to me, was Jay at his best. Lyrically, production wise,all-around that was Jay's best. This was suppose to be his "last" album. He said he was "retiring" after the Hard Knock Life album. Vol 3 was alright. Production-wise, Blueprint was one of the best albums, since the Wu-tang and Dr. Dre Chronic days. Beat-wise, it was a RZA like album, with Jay-Z rhymes. I thought Jay took a step back with the rhymes on this album. I think because it was a more reflective album, his lyrics weren't on point.

See, the difference between Nas and Jay-Z is the Blueprint. Everyone loved the beats on the Blueprint, right? Just imagine if Nas was rapping over the Blueprint beats instead of Jay. It would be a huge difference. Jay-Z is not an emotinal type artist. Jay is like the popular guy in school who everyone likes or wants to be around. There is no substance to Jay's records. Thats why I say his music is fast food. With Pac and Nas or Scarface, you felt their music. With Jay, you just sing a along to his music. The Black Album was spotty. It wasn't the type of album you retire with. Songs here in there, but really no cohesion like Vol 2 or Blueprint.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 3rd, 2005, 4:01 pm

BlaKK wrote:Jay-Z did some Shyt with LINKIN PARK and then Claims he's the Throne of Eastcoast Rap, The fucc outta here with the Chickenshyt. Linkin Park is Emo White boi Shyt. Jz, niggas Lame. IMO So dont even Trip.
LOL. Blakk you a funnyazz n*gga. What do u do all day, sit on yo brokeazz all day on yo moms porch and smoke weed ? Lay off that sh*t man its doing more harm than good to you.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 3rd, 2005, 4:16 pm

Ill Scrotum slap yo Lame ass. Shut the fucc up and Jump around like a Monkey in the Club to that JZ. Go watch some MTV little Boi, While I burn this one Down. Jigga What, Jigga Who? hahaha Nigga use a clown. Dont be the Dumby.

Nigga talkin about JZ Jigga man. bahahah. Dribble my Black nuts on His forhead while Im taken a Fatass shyt.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 3rd, 2005, 5:19 pm

aww did i hurt your feelings or something? my bad dog i kno ppl like you are sensitive, i aint mean to talk bad bout yo mommas porch. But why you gotta scrotum slap my dumbazz thats a bit harsh lol. dribblin nuts on a n*ggas forhead sh*ttin on his face? hahaha. you a trip. Go become a comedian or sum sh*t. make some money go do something with your life.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 3rd, 2005, 5:54 pm

Who the fucc would want to be a Comedian, Youre whole life you get loughed at, That is some clownass shyt. Im not you. Entertain Man, Nigga Pleezzzzz,
Bow down Before NO MAN!

As for me and mine why you worry about it.

Get your own, Move your own, Pull your own, go your own. Dont worry About me and mine Nigga.

And as far as bieng sensitive u a fool'. I already know where I been Already Know where I stand, So say what chu please little hommie.

Now you go Watch some Real World on MTV and jump around to some Jigga man and Linkin Park, While I light this spliff, Chill and Easyskank to my Bob Marley Rastafar"I".
Im out this bytch.

Rastamon Live up^

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 3rd, 2005, 6:11 pm

Lol I aint worried bout you and yours homie just thought Id give you a bit of friendly advice feel me? and I dont like real world i dont watch MTV. I use to listen to all the sh*t you prolly listen to, and I still do at times.. But Im passed the whole struggle and underdog point in my life word? I cant feel it that much anymore. I got a fine azz bitch Im makin good dough Im enjoyin my life I like to bump sh*t that represents the mindstate of where im at in my life now ya feel me ? No need ta hate, you dont like Jay Z, hahah I believe you dog you aint gotta keep tryna convince me I, but why are you still in this thread is what I dont exactly understand.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 3rd, 2005, 8:31 pm

Keep Doin whatchu Doin, And I the same. Enjoy time with your "Bytch" so you call them. I deeply convict and oppose the term only because I have a one year old doughter myself, And couldnt imagine her Boyfriend calling her a Bytch" Id kill em. mark my word on that shyt.

No ill feelings Makaveli" just understand where I was comin from. Go get whats your'se. Glad to se another Brotha Makin his getten his.
I am currently at Riverside Community Collage, Working on My Associates in Foriegn Affairs Degree, I gotta year Left. So dont think I aint getten mine, Cus I am and already have.

Later on Makaveli. Like I said I got no ill feelings. Nothin But love to ya.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 3rd, 2005, 11:24 pm

reasonable doubt is his best album to date

....you cant knock the hustle

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 4th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Ok Jay is one of my favorite MC's, to me his best albums are "Reasonable Doubt", "Hard Knock" and "Blue Print". I did not like vol 3 at all to me his worst album. His double cd shocked me cause I felt it was weak, now the black album had some nasty beats on them. Some songs here and there I liked. I think a lot of people hate on him because of the exposure he gets which he has nothing to do with. Yes he is overrated far as all the attention he gets just like 50 and EM. Sorry to say Nas is tight but most of the things he says really dont make since. And Jay had to get at him to wake him up, and don't tell me I don't understand Nas and what he is saying I do, thats why I know he dont always make since. Nas aint been hot since his first album is one and only classic. Jay spit some hot shit his lyrics is the tightest in the game to me. Now I know there are others as well. So to olo who are some of the MC's you like you always dissin who you don't like, so who do you like?