HOW NOT TO PROVOKE A FIGHT

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

HOW NOT TO PROVOKE A FIGHT

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 3rd, 2005, 6:35 pm

What things would you recommend to a non-gangmember "not to do" in order not to invite trouble from gangmembers even by accident?

Don't mad dog anyone

Don't wear the wrong color

What would you teach someone whom you do not want getting into trouble?

TmaaN

Re: HOW NOT TO PROVOKE A FIGHT

Unread post by TmaaN » February 3rd, 2005, 6:50 pm

It really does not matter, trouble is very easy to find, just as easy as riding your bike through an alley...you feel me?

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » February 4th, 2005, 3:13 am

Man it depends...I would say just listen to them and dont snap back. But theres those gangs that dont care and will start whooping on you for no reason even if you apologize. Those Pu__y gangs find nothing better than to attack anyone. Just use your street smarts.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 4th, 2005, 9:55 am

lonewolf wrote:What things would you recommend to a non-gangmember "not to do" in order not to invite trouble from gangmembers even by accident?

Don't mad dog anyone

If somebody is tripping on you, you can't do nada but either back down or defend yourself. Plain and simple.

Nowadays, just like back in the day, being at the wrong place at the wrong time can get you killed. For example, if you live in Drifters hood, and you know the Drifters been putting in work, it'd be pretty stupid to hang outside on the street while rivals come by looking for some Drifters. Not like anyone is going to check your bus pass to see if your really an LA High student or member of the chess club...LOL.

1. Always be aware of your surroundings, and know what's going on in your neighborhood.

2. Watch the company you keep, 1 of your boys might be trying to claim some hood, then you'll be guilty by association.

3. Don't go to gangster partys, or partys where gangsters come to turn it out. When homies are faded, they do dumb stuff like beat down innocent people.

4. Mind your own business, and keep your nose to yourself. Nobody likes rats, and gangsters really really don't like rats.

5. Don't mess with gangster bitches, they'll get you caught up. Most all the wars in the hood derived from fighting over broads.

6. If you must interact with gangbangers, always give them respect. I'm talking about acknowledging them with some dap, simple nod, or small talk. Play your politics well.

7. If you can't handle it, then move out the hood into another hood. Just don't try to get back at fools by joining the rival gang. Then your perpetuating the madness.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 4th, 2005, 7:10 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote: 5. Don't mess with gangster women, they'll get you caught up. Most all the wars in the hood derived from fighting over broads.
Ain't that the truth :lol: , without a doubt IT WILL HAPPEN, but they're so dam hard to resist. And then its always the finest looking one that you gotta go after, which happens to be the one that some fool got his eye on also.

BobBarker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BobBarker » February 7th, 2005, 12:00 am

Just repect them and they'll most likely leave you alone

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » February 8th, 2005, 1:27 pm

After I got my things done,relaxed,looked for girls,took some walks cared about my issues;I then still shuold do this and that ,not to provoke anyone I even didn`t know he existed??
Never assumed that you guys are so weak,and couldn`t get existencial issues into bangers brains,all those years.
Maybe you bunch are a part of a choire:singing yes,and great to bangers life all the time?!

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » February 14th, 2005, 10:33 pm

when your around gangsters, you gotta show alot of respect with out being a punk, don't interupt them, stand up for yourself if some one is talking shit because most likely they are testing you if you are an outsider, but if you have some one that your with like an OG then you don't have to worry about much, listen and learn.
don't show fear, don't show any signs of nervousness, giggling or laughing alot will get you treated.

Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Soldier » March 7th, 2005, 9:46 am

"After I got my things done,relaxed,looked for girls,took some walks cared about my issues;I then still shuold do this and that ,not to provoke anyone I even didn`t know he existed??
Never assumed that you guys are so weak,and couldn`t get existencial issues into bangers brains,all those years.
Maybe you bunch are a part of a choire:singing yes,and great to bangers life all the time?!"

Almost every single one of your posts are consistently confusing. You need to work on sentence structure or something dude, because I'm sure you have some good points, they just never come out. Are you high or something when you write? That's an honest question.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 7th, 2005, 9:51 am

Dont join a street gang

Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Soldier » March 7th, 2005, 10:04 am

In the clothing and apparel section is almost the exact same thread. I suggest looking there for some answers.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » March 7th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Everything Dusty said and the others said. I'll add be involved in all those positive after school activities that keep you off the street and out of the clutches of dealers. NO drugs (not know drugs). Some of you do not understand what the life of an addict is like in Los Angeles. You don't want that life. Trust me. I've seen the destruction and self-destruction play out in Los Angeles for decades and it is hell on earth for them. The other side though is great. You can be spiritually rich even if you are poor and pursue a better life. Don't turn up you nose at it just because it takes some work. Get it in your head early you aren't going down to hell and then get on a positive track and stay on it. Don't play around like you are a gangster either. Don't even pretend. Just be yourself. You can end up a tragedy running around maddogging and pretending. Learn to defend yourself without acting out and walk that fine line. Grow up.

KimDK

Unread post by KimDK » March 8th, 2005, 9:16 am

I've been caught up in starting fights alot, if they are 2 then they leave me alone of they are more then they usually have to "test" me out..

Here is what i do to prevent fighting a fight i can't win:

1. Just stay calm, look a bit like you don't want to fight!

2. Tell them where you are from and you don't have anything against them..

3. If they begin pushing you then just defend, don't attack..

4. Just stay defendless, if they begin doing verbal attacks then just get them right..

You might avoid getting into fights, they might mark you as a loser but if people begin asking you why you did not do anything and they call you a loser then just answer that you never do a fight you cannot win..

That way you don't lose respect by your friends.. You might even get accepted by the ones mad dogging you, some like people that are calm and trusty.. Just stay away from the gang action parts.. Then you can be sure you will not get hauled or anything when walking on street..

KimDK

Unread post by KimDK » March 8th, 2005, 9:18 am

sorry bout my english..
I just wanted to say you need to be in a defended style...

1OldSchool
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1OldSchool » March 9th, 2005, 12:10 pm

Your not from LA are you?
KimDK wrote:I've been caught up in starting fights alot, if they are 2 then they leave me alone of they are more then they usually have to "test" me out..

Here is what i do to prevent fighting a fight i can't win:

1. Just stay calm, look a bit like you don't want to fight!

2. Tell them where you are from and you don't have anything against them..

3. If they begin pushing you then just defend, don't attack..

4. Just stay defendless, if they begin doing verbal attacks then just get them right..

You might avoid getting into fights, they might mark you as a loser but if people begin asking you why you did not do anything and they call you a loser then just answer that you never do a fight you cannot win..

That way you don't lose respect by your friends.. You might even get accepted by the ones mad dogging you, some like people that are calm and trusty.. Just stay away from the gang action parts.. Then you can be sure you will not get hauled or anything when walking on street..

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » March 9th, 2005, 12:29 pm

usually if you show signs of defense towards agressive offenders, then they will usually push up on you more, you gotta show you have face and you aint a pussy or a bitch, cause if they get that feeling they will run with it dragging you along for the ride,
if some one is coming at you looking for a reaction, and you give it to them by being fearful then thats your first mistake, you gotta know that fights do happen, just be ready and be ready to talk your way out if ever possible, which is very possible,
if you think you are gonna get your ass pounded then you probly wanna come up with some sort of quick excuse, like "i got warrants out and i don't want the cops to come"
somthing stupid like that seems to work well,

KimDK

Unread post by KimDK » March 12th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Nope im from Denmark..
Things might be diffrent from country to country, but here they are likely to test if you are a guy that likes to fight etc. They always wan't some reasons to fight with u.. Like if you are racist, slept with someones girl or something.. those things that will give them a reason to bang you..

If nothing works and a fight is the last point, then start hit the leader (the one who leads the talkings).. if he's knocked out then the rest might make it for a run :P

That's how things are here..

YOUNGLAZY

Unread post by YOUNGLAZY » March 12th, 2005, 9:24 pm

Stay Home

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 12th, 2005, 9:24 pm

Mind youre own.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » March 13th, 2005, 10:49 am

carry a stick,

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 13th, 2005, 9:30 pm

how not to provoke a fight:

when you and the other person are "eye-to-eye" and start doggin...

just give a "head nod" and 9/10 they'll do the same and mind their own business.

works at the gas station all the time lol.

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 13th, 2005, 9:31 pm

lol yeh that works

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 17th, 2005, 8:15 pm

PlayaLarga wrote:how not to provoke a fight:

when you and the other person are "eye-to-eye" and start doggin...

just give a "head nod" and 9/10 they'll do the same and mind their own business.

works at the gas station all the time lol.
I was thinking in the same lines, cause usually if you know yourself - your eyes will show to the other person that "you don't want sh*t, but if it happens it ain't going down easy for either side" - therefore the other person recognizes and leaves it be.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » March 18th, 2005, 5:47 pm

my situation is tricky. I work with bangers everyday, but in an environment where I have to lay down the law sometimes. (no I am not law enforcement, but it sure feels like it).

The younger ones tend to dis anyone like me who has to make sure a place is safe for all. how did they get thru kinder?!

THe ogs who come in, sometimes right outta the carcel, they're usually pretty awesome. Many of them really want help and make a fresh start.

we've had a couple of baby bangers i actually had to restrain from hurting others. no fun.

but Big Dusty's advice is solid, I will read and learn it. having had a past from hell myself like a lot of these kids, I have to watch my hot head too, LOL. Good topic.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » March 30th, 2005, 7:54 pm

Whatever you do theres always gonna be some prick who looks for trouble. A friend of mine got beaten, and the guy who did it claimed it was because he looked at his beer in a funny way

That shits beyond me

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 30th, 2005, 7:59 pm

chini wrote:my situation is tricky. I work with bangers everyday, but in an environment where I have to lay down the law sometimes. (no I am not law enforcement, but it sure feels like it).

The younger ones tend to dis anyone like me who has to make sure a place is safe for all. how did they get thru kinder?!

THe ogs who come in, sometimes right outta the carcel, they're usually pretty awesome. Many of them really want help and make a fresh start.

we've had a couple of baby bangers i actually had to restrain from hurting others. no fun.

but Big Dusty's advice is solid, I will read and learn it. having had a past from hell myself like a lot of these kids, I have to watch my hot head too, LOL. Good topic.
what do you work in?

Rymez_Nz_221
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rymez_Nz_221 » June 21st, 2005, 3:45 am

lonewolf wrote:What things would you recommend to a non-gangmember "not to do" in order not to invite trouble from gangmembers even by accident?

""Don't mad dog anyone""

to "mad dog" somebody what does that mean?? :wink:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 21st, 2005, 6:25 am

stare at him in an intimidating way

NuyoricanSoul

Unread post by NuyoricanSoul » June 21st, 2005, 8:31 pm

Don't let them be able to read you

Act confident
Never show fear
Never back down
Never act nervous
Make them think you're packing
Don't let them surround you
Slowly move into public view
Try to be as much in the open as possible
Make the interaction as short as you can
Once you're kind of away, run.....

greenwood104

Unread post by greenwood104 » August 13th, 2005, 3:53 am

if theres no avoiding a fight, try to get the first hit. one simple hit can make the difference

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 15th, 2005, 4:34 am

True man - if there is no way to avoid it, back against the wall...do it first and do it hard and sudden, but not one strike - always a combination, three or four shots - be last man standing and move out quietly - dont run your mouth off and move off cool.