The Game And 50 Hold Press Conference Today To End Dispute

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
buck
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

The Game And 50 Hold Press Conference Today To End Dispute

Unread post by buck » March 9th, 2005, 8:59 am

50 Cent, The Game and their respective camps have decided to lay their beef to rest and will make a formal announcement at a press conference today (March 9). This morning The Game called into Hot 97 with Angie Martinez to reveal the plans.

"It’s going to be a positive thing for both sides," said Game. “I think it’s so much bigger being that the date is March 9 [Biggie Smalls’ death date]. I’m def doing to do what I got to do...[to be] on a positive note.”

The two will hold the press conference today, coincidentally on the same day Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace was gunned down.

The dispute will be resolved at the Schomburg Center For Research in Black Culture in Harlem, New York at 2:00 pm.

50 Cent will also announce the launch a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, which 50 claims will "help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives."

“I realized that if I’m going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own," 50 Cent said in a statement today (March 9). Game and I need to set an example in the community.”

Both artists will make charitable donations to the Boys Choir of Harlem and the Compton Unified School District Music Program.

The combined donations are aimed at helping the The Harlem Boys Choir Academy reach their fundraising goal to receive a matching grant.

Slightly over a week ago, 50 Cent booted Game from his G-Unit camp and the ensuing friction resulted in a man affiliated with Game's Black Wall Street label getting shot outside of Hot 97's.

Since, 50 has relaxed his views and extended an olive branch to his former protégée.

Game said that the press conference was such a pressing matter than he was ushered to New York in a private jet.

“I see this as a real opportunity to show the power of our community," Game added. "50 and I are proving that real situations and real problems can be solved with real talk. This can also be seen as a big step for my organization, Black Wall Street, in terms of making a difference. Maybe we can help save some lives…the way rap music saved mine.”

In related news, 50 Cent’s album The Massacre is expected to take the #1 slot on Billboard's Top 200 album charts.

The album moved most 1,000,000 copies in the first four days of being released, thanks in part to the publicity the Queen's, New York rapper's album received due to the shooting.

These lames is preaching peace already. I figured they let the fake beef last for at least another week.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: The Game And 50 Hold Press Conference Today To End Dispu

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 9th, 2005, 9:03 am

these guys are smart, they know shit like this sells albums

buck
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buck » March 9th, 2005, 9:20 am

purplecityhello wrote:these guys are smart, they know shit like this sells albums
I knew from the start this beef was bogus. My reply is some boundaries shouldn't be crossed to sell records. It's direspectful to the old heads who didn't need to manufacture a fake beef to sale records and it's also direspectful to the up and comming underground artist who are faced with the everyday struggle and real drama that comes with the struggle. I've seen this fake beef one to many times on cnn.

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 9th, 2005, 11:11 am

shit. doesn't matter anymore. they are both moving targets wherever they go.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 11:13 am

buck wrote:
purplecityhello wrote:these guys are smart, they know shit like this sells albums
I knew from the start this beef was bogus. My reply is some boundaries shouldn't be crossed to sell records. It's direspectful to the old heads who didn't need to manufacture a fake beef to sale records and it's also direspectful to the up and comming underground artist who are faced with the everyday struggle and real drama that comes with the struggle. I've seen this fake beef one to many times on cnn.
well, I dunno about being bogus, a man was shot over it. I doubt he thinks it's bogus.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 9th, 2005, 11:27 am

^^^thats tru but they know this ish sells

buck
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buck » March 9th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Panik wrote:
buck wrote:
well, I dunno about being bogus, a man was shot over it. I doubt he thinks it's bogus.
That man was probably paid a good chunk of change. It's not like he was hit with a choppa or an ak.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » March 9th, 2005, 3:05 pm

Real shit I smell a Rat.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 9th, 2005, 7:06 pm

LOL! The kiss of death, naw let me stop, its cool they decided to call it quits with the beef. That kiss was to much though, 50 made a lot of eneimes, the beef with him and game may be over, but "the streets is watching". (lol yeah a Jay quote). Game dont look like he is buying into all this, I guess he know how 50 is. The funny part is both of them wack but every body is paying them attention. Which is what they really wanted, rappers these days will do what ever they can to sell records, this is sad.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 9th, 2005, 7:56 pm

they have no energy at all, the whole thing looks forced to me

dippset
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dippset » March 10th, 2005, 2:17 am

i dont believe that shit is real, dats just sum shit fo niggaz to hush and be quiet about(media). But we all know there is more to that story and wats goes on in the streets (oh yea 50 dont be in the streets) listen To that Jada and Fat JOe Diss record(When did it become cool to get shot 9 times and not shoot back) Jada's verse Dats isshh is Crazyy!!!!

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » March 10th, 2005, 2:25 am

that shit looks forced

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 10th, 2005, 8:59 am

dippset wrote:i dont believe that shit is real, dats just sum shit fo niggaz to hush and be quiet about(media). But we all know there is more to that story and wats goes on in the streets (oh yea 50 dont be in the streets) listen To that Jada and Fat JOe Diss record(When did it become cool to get shot 9 times and not shoot back) Jada's verse Dats isshh is Crazyy!!!!
well, I don't buy it eaither, looks like somebody is making them play nice. As for gettin shot and not shootin back, you must be a little kid. If I was putting 9 holes in you, you wouldn't be thinkin bout nothing but gettin away. Especially if you were trapped in a car with someone just throwin lead into it. And does that make Tupac a pussy too? He got shot 2 separate times without shootin back. grow up.

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Word » March 10th, 2005, 3:56 pm

Panik wrote:
dippset wrote:i dont believe that shit is real, dats just sum shit fo niggaz to hush and be quiet about(media). But we all know there is more to that story and wats goes on in the streets (oh yea 50 dont be in the streets) listen To that Jada and Fat JOe Diss record(When did it become cool to get shot 9 times and not shoot back) Jada's verse Dats isshh is Crazyy!!!!
well, I don't buy it eaither, looks like somebody is making them play nice. As for gettin shot and not shootin back, you must be a little kid. If I was putting 9 holes in you, you wouldn't be thinkin bout nothing but gettin away. Especially if you were trapped in a car with someone just throwin lead into it. And does that make Tupac a pussy too? He got shot 2 separate times without shootin back. grow up.
You musta misunderstood what he was sayin bout the "When did it become cool to get shot 9 times and not shoot back" thing... That was a line he quoted from Jadakiss's diss released acouple days ago on 50..

dippset
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dippset » March 10th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Homie im not no kid dont get it twisted. if u was gettin shot at wouldnt u shoot back?. And that was a quote by Jada dissin 50. 50 talkes all dis gangsta shit and he cant go back to the hood in the "PiggyBank" he stated he be in the hood wat hood?someone tell me wat hood?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 10th, 2005, 5:09 pm

im not really a 50 fan but of course most people will shoot back if your getting SHOT AT but if your already shot how the hell can you really shoot back? LOL espcially if ur hit in the face.

dippset
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dippset » March 10th, 2005, 10:28 pm

50 talks about everyone in the rap game, but no one seems to ever notice the first person he had beef with frum his hood(jarule) and What has happened to Ja?(Nuthin) if he cant f^^k Ja up wat makes him think he can take on Crack, Kiss, Nas and Game

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » March 10th, 2005, 10:49 pm

50 looks shook in one of those pics

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 11th, 2005, 1:41 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

MAN THE 4TH PICTURE IS THE FUNNIEST ONE IT'S LIKE 50 WONDERING IF THIS NIGGA BOUT TO RIDE ON HIM ON STAGE. 50 LOOK LIKE HE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF HE SHOULD RUN, PULL OUT HIS SH!!!T DAMN THAT PIC SPEAK ALOT OF WORDS!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 11th, 2005, 1:42 pm

100 wrote:LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

MAN THE 5TH PICTURE IS THE FUNNIEST ONE IT'S LIKE 50 WONDERING IF THIS NIGGA BOUT TO RIDE ON HIM ON STAGE. 50 LOOK LIKE HE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IF HE SHOULD RUN, PULL OUT HIS SH!!!T DAMN THAT PIC SPEAK ALOT OF WORDS!

IM MEANT THE 5TH ONE