are brazilians Latinos?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Anonymous20

are brazilians Latinos?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 13th, 2005, 12:21 pm

are brazilians considered Latinos?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Re: are brazilians Latinos?

Unread post by L Grindin » March 13th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Yes

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 14th, 2005, 7:32 am

ok.. even the germans and italians who live in Brazil, and speak portugiese (spell?)

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » March 14th, 2005, 10:47 am

I don't know, but I wouldn't consider them Latino unless they were citizens of Brazil.

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 14th, 2005, 12:38 pm

technically speaking the portugese would be "latino", because they are part of Iberia and at one time were conquered by rome and spain.
The portugese language is a latin language i.e. romance language.
They transported their culture and genes to the Indian peoples of brazil and the slaves that they had till that brazilian land.

But........you have such a clustered mix of races in brazil alone, and such a strong pan africanist movement, that most brazilians either refer to themselves as "brazilians" or "black".
I think these new found identities amongst most brazilians adds even more to their overall racial confusion....their neither identify with the term "latino" or "portugese"...but "brazilian".

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 15th, 2005, 6:42 pm

PS1979 wrote:technically speaking the portugese would be "latino", because they are part of Iberia and at one time were conquered by rome and spain.
The portugese language is a latin language i.e. romance language.
They transported their culture and genes to the Indian peoples of brazil and the slaves that they had till that brazilian land.

But........you have such a clustered mix of races in brazil alone, and such a strong pan africanist movement, that most brazilians either refer to themselves as "brazilians" or "black".
I think these new found identities amongst most brazilians adds even more to their overall racial confusion....their neither identify with the term "latino" or "portugese"...but "brazilian".
technically speaking the portugese would be "latino", because they are part of Iberia and at one time were conquered by rome and spain.

>>>B.S THATS NOT WHAT LATINO WAS MADE FOR ANGOLA SPEAKS PORTUGESE/ PORTUGUESE CREOLE ALSO ,BUT THEY AREN'T LATINOS CAUSE THEY COUNTRY IS NOT IN THE LATIN AMERICAN REGION

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 16th, 2005, 8:47 am

latino has nothing to so with latin america. Latino has to do with LATIN influence from any latin country or language.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 16th, 2005, 12:25 pm

are you sure?

ive never seen a french guy who calls himself a Latino...
FRENCH IS ALSO A LATIN LANGUAGE..
So people in Kongo who speaks French is Latinos?

id say latinos are people from Latin America with native blood in em

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 16th, 2005, 6:38 pm

TheWatcher wrote:are you sure?

NATIVE BLOOD OR NO NATIVE BLOOD IT'S BASED ON GEOGRAPHICAL TERM AND CLASSIFIED AS AN ETHNIC GROUP NO MATTER WHAT YOUR RACE IS DOWN THERE POINT SAID

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 16th, 2005, 7:55 pm

In parts of Brasil they speak a mixture of swahili and portoguese. And the Brasilian shorties look like ,,,,,,ohhhh myyyyy gawwwd. But most of Brasil is of african american descent, notice i said most but not all. But most the people in positions of power are white , heres and article on it

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSFeatures0002/07_brazil.html

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 17th, 2005, 10:50 am

people from latin america are just that. Latin americans. And while French originally was based on Latin, it was heavily changed, and purposely "un-ramanized" by the multiple german invasions, beginning with the Franks, which is why it is now called France, and the language is french. More german influence than latin. It is still considered a romance lanuage, but not really a latin language anymore.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 17th, 2005, 12:43 pm

purplecityhello wrote:In parts of Brasil they speak a mixture of swahili and portoguese. And the Brasilian shorties look like ,,,,,,ohhhh myyyyy gawwwd. But most of Brasil is of african american descent, notice i said most but not all. But most the people in positions of power are white , heres and article on it

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSFeatures0002/07_brazil.html
Not African American, African

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 17th, 2005, 12:52 pm

*You don't have to have amerindian blood, in order to be considered a "latino," from a technical vantage point. You can be fully african; fully european, or fully amerindian-and still be classified as a latino. You can also be a mulatto (half black, and half spanish/white) and still be considered a latino; etc.

I know this japanese woman born and raised in Peru, who considers herself a latina. Hell, latina magazine, some 5 years ago, said that latinos come in all RACES, colors and sizes: so you go figure.

If you ask me, it's a politically concocted term, and I have my reasons for saying this, but I'll let it rest...

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 17th, 2005, 6:11 pm

TheReal wrote:

*You don't have to have amerindian blood, in order to be considered a "latino," from a technical vantage point. You can be fully african; fully european, or fully amerindian-and still be classified as a latino. You can also be a mulatto (half black, and half spanish/white) and still be considered a latino; etc.

I know this japanese woman born and raised in Peru, who considers herself a latina. Hell, latina magazine, some 5 years ago, said that latinos come in all RACES, colors and sizes: so you go figure.

If you ask me, it's a politically concocted term, and I have my reasons for saying this, but I'll let it rest...

YOU RIGHT BUT YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY HOW THEY ARE SHOCKED TO SEE A BLACK LATINO COME FROM A CERTAIN COUNTRY JUST CAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE WHITE OR WHITE LOOKING OR VERY LIGHT.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 18th, 2005, 7:22 am

100 wrote:
TheReal wrote:

YOU RIGHT BUT YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY HOW THEY ARE SHOCKED TO SEE A BLACK LATINO COME FROM A CERTAIN COUNTRY JUST CAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE WHITE OR WHITE LOOKING OR VERY LIGHT.
very true

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 19th, 2005, 2:29 pm

Brazilians are Latinos in my eyes.

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » March 20th, 2005, 6:31 pm

wizdom wrote:Brazilians are Latinos in my eyes.
mine too. even though MANY have that african blood in them due to the trans atlantic slave trade back in the 1600's. they still considered latin to most in the world, to my knowledge.

blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blakman » March 21st, 2005, 5:23 pm

For your information, brazil has that largest african(black) population outside of the african continent. Some people say that Brazil's african(black) population is 65 to 80 percent of the total population which is over 85 million Africans(black) people in brazil alone. Only Nigeria has more black people in one single country. They are pushing close to 200 million in that country.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 21st, 2005, 5:47 pm

blakman wrote:For your information, brazil has that largest african(black) population outside of the african continent. Some people say that Brazil's african(black) population is 65 to 80 percent of the total population which is over 85 million Africans(black) people in brazil alone. Only Nigeria has more black people in one single country. They are pushing close to 200 million in that country.
:D and from my own assertations Brasil has the highest per capita Dime pieces per shorty population. 6 out of 10 shoirties age 18-25 are dimes haha

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 22nd, 2005, 3:12 pm

blakman wrote:For your information, brazil has that largest african(black) population outside of the african continent. Some people say that Brazil's african(black) population is 65 to 80 percent of the total population which is over 85 million Africans(black) people in brazil alone. Only Nigeria has more black people in one single country. They are pushing close to 200 million in that country.

DUDE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT ISH. BRASIL COLOR CASTE SYSTEM IS A LIL COMPLICATED AND JUST CAUSE SOMEONE IS OF AFRICAN ANCESTRY DON'T MAKE THEM PART BLACK OR HALF.

YOU HAVE TO GO TO BRASIL TO FIGURE IT OUT SALVADOR DE BAHIA IS BRASILS AFRICANESS CITY BRASIL IS NOT AS BLACK AS YOU MAKE IT.

THATS LIKE AMERICAN-BLACKS WITH THE JIM CROW LAW ASIDE WE BLACK WITH OR WITHOUT THE 1 DROP RULE AND SOME OF US MAY HAVE A EUROPEAN ANCESTRY THAT WE CAN NEVER TRACE.

AMERICAN-WHITES THAT MAY HAVE A NEGRO IN THEIR FAMILY THAT CAN BE TRACED TO THE 1800'S ARE NOT MIXED THEIR PREVOUS FAMILY ARE WHITE PEOPLE.

file://C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\M241_49\Local%20Settings\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.IE5\6BWRIZUF\p114apr03[1].htm

blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blakman » March 22nd, 2005, 7:13 pm

THEY ARE STILL BLACK MY MAN!!! IT'S NOT ME MAKING DOES NUMBERS UP!! YOU CAN LOOK IT UP YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME!! THE BRAZILAN GOVERNMENT WILL TALE YOU THE SAME.

Reeky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Reeky » April 16th, 2005, 10:08 am

Im half afro-brazilian and half white brazilian.

I consider myself latino and so do all the other brazilians in my city.

K.BLESS360

Unread post by K.BLESS360 » April 16th, 2005, 11:53 am

Code: Select all

2 entries found for latino.
La·ti·no   Audio pronunciation of "latino" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (l-tn, l-, lä-)
n. pl. La·ti·nos

1. A Latin American.
   2. A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States. See Usage Note at Hispanic.
I'd say that definition is right.Latino is consider someone that is hails from the Latin American region that speaks the language that is related to the Latin Language.If that was not the case,Haitians and even some African Nations would be consider "Latinos" since some of them speak portuguese,creole,etc.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 16th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Brazil is a little over half European.

When slavery was abolished in Brazil, the Brazilian government tried encouraged immigration from white Catholic countries like Italy, Germany and Poland. Those people are a huge part of the Brazilian population.

NaTaS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NaTaS » April 16th, 2005, 12:42 pm

I want to go to Brazil just for the hoes
bigg ass caramel booties and tan lines and shit OHH BOY lol

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » April 16th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Stupid argument, you can be both black and Latino, Black is a color, thats why blacks from America are called African Americans, there are blacks in Brazil and they are also Latino. Just as there white Latino's and White Europeans.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 18th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Brazil has the biggest population of white Latinos in all of South America,
if you are white/black/indian and are from Latin America then you could be considered to be a Latino or Latina.. END OF STORY

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 19th, 2005, 8:00 am

what about the immigrants?

you just gotta have citizenship in any south american country to be considered latino? lol

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » April 19th, 2005, 9:29 am

to me it ever seemed it is a geographical issue;for ex as a european pupil is learning about the continents,than yours there is america.
you then learn that there is a north and a south but dunno what is with the middle string?!.
you talk about the history of the continent and there are different countrys,beeing conquered paralelly by spain and portuguese.
so, let us say the part,including north and middle america with mexico is called LATINAMERICA ,because of language simillarities;; which would be here in europe and elsewhere totaly different 200 kilometers away.
also for USA-ans they go to europe,but it is not one country,so they jump around here in 10 days,and do not care where they`ve just been.
same thing for me , I go on through middle america on panamerican in aweek.then I ve driventhrough 6 oor so countrys.you ask me should I name them??
If I meet someone from Ghana ,his answer ,where he is from may likely be ::"from Africa""
whats your problem?ah?!someone got Identity without permission?U earth??

king v8
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by king v8 » April 19th, 2005, 3:16 pm

by my opinion latinos come from latin-america. brazil is south-america
so they are south-americans (or other therms u use for this like indians but this can be discussed)

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 19th, 2005, 3:20 pm

king v8 wrote:by my opinion latinos come from latin-america. brazil is south-america
so they are south-americans (or other therms u use for this like indians but this can be discussed)
youre retarded homie -- latin america IS south america

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 19th, 2005, 4:51 pm