Oldest Age of somebody getting put on

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
insanecrip
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Denver

Oldest Age of somebody getting put on

Unread post by insanecrip » January 21st, 2009, 6:19 pm

Whats the oldest age you seen somebody get in a click. Ive heard from my homeboy that this dude got put on at 19.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Re: Oldest Age of somebody getting put on

Unread post by 353 » January 21st, 2009, 6:52 pm

19 ?
damn you would be a grown man and that aint cool in my book.

insanecrip
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by insanecrip » January 21st, 2009, 10:19 pm

^^ Yea I thought the same, way too old or its fake.

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LDN

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 22nd, 2009, 2:01 pm

dunno how true this is, but i heard a rumour that snoop, kurupt and maybe daz, got put on they hoods relatively late in their lives. just a rumour, don't blast me if it ain't true!

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 22nd, 2009, 5:04 pm

snoop and daz were put on the hood as youngsters, i've seen flicks of them in long beach with other twenties as younguns, before they got famous.
kurupt is a sixty, theres some debate even now whether hes bona fide.

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 23rd, 2009, 4:19 am

i'm sure i remember snoop talking bout insane in his raps without mentioning 20s. thats why there is some confusion. cant remember the exact songs cos it was so long ago.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 23rd, 2009, 8:25 am

theyre always carrying on about RTC and throwing the signs up in there old songs and videos. wearing b/ball, football shirts with 20 on the back. i forget what their hood colours are, i think they might wear pittsburgh steelers gear to rep their hood.(correct me if i'm wrong). although twenties crip and insane are thought of as enemies, where they are close together geographically there are a lot of family links between the two.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » January 23rd, 2009, 9:47 am

Jesus Christ Cliffard you been studying up. I guess you're an authority now?

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 23rd, 2009, 12:12 pm

funny thing is Cliffard, when the dogg pound and deathrow was riding high and was the shit, i was always wondering about that shit. Infact, if you listen to one of 213s demo tapes, you clearly hear snoopp and warren g giving shout outs to Insane. Yet no mention of rtc! then u got suge, bringing up the same point in interviews....
all i'm saying is, there is usually no smoke without fire - besides, they are, after all, entertainers. They make money and it would be beneficial to the set which they belong to have em down.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 23rd, 2009, 1:37 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Jesus Christ Cliffard you been studying up. I guess you're an authority now?
yeah an authority thats me, i'm gonna set up my own branch of 6 point star nine tray gangster crips in my thatched cottage in england. were gonna drink tea and then do drive bys.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 23rd, 2009, 1:50 pm

SOUFLONDON wrote:Yet no mention of rtc! then u got suge, bringing up the same point in interviews....
how do you mean, was suge saying that snoop was not from long beach 20s, i know he said that snoop was a grass but i know if i wanted to hurt someone who relied on a street image via the media, i would call them a grass too. its very hard to verify one way or the other and believe you me it will spread like wildfire, shit sticks as my mom used to say. about the only worse thing he could call him is a nonce and thats easier to prove or disprove, plus you can be taken to court for libel/slander for that.
i read that warren came to a death row party on a boat when death row were in full swing and suges boys battered all his pals and suge wouldnt stop it! this was at the time of regulate g-funk era when warren was earning $$$ for death row as well! all the og pirus that suge had on his team battered warrens neighbourhood and threw them off the boat! :D strangely enough it wasnt long after this that warren g left death row.....

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 23rd, 2009, 2:54 pm

cliffard wrote:
SOUFLONDON wrote:Yet no mention of rtc! then u got suge, bringing up the same point in interviews....
how do you mean, was suge saying that snoop was not from long beach 20s, i know he said that snoop was a grass but i know if i wanted to hurt someone who relied on a street image via the media, i would call them a grass too. its very hard to verify one way or the other and believe you me it will spread like wildfire, shit sticks as my mom used to say. about the only worse thing he could call him is a nonce and thats easier to prove or disprove, plus you can be taken to court for libel/slander for that.
i read that warren came to a death row party on a boat when death row were in full swing and suges boys battered all his pals and suge wouldnt stop it! this was at the time of regulate g-funk era when warren was earning $$$ for death row as well! all the og pirus that suge had on his team battered warrens neighbourhood and threw them off the boat! :D strangely enough it wasnt long after this that warren g left death row.....
SUGE WAS sayin snoop didn't know if he was 19th st, rtc or insane and he a fraud, amongst other things. this was from an interviewe on the east coast played on westwood. i had it on tape them days (tape man, remember them?) when he 1st got out of pen. yo mum was right n i hear u. i considered that too and it makes sense, but i was already thinking he was a lil confused before i heard the interview. Anyways, snoopand them was never throwing up 20s in pics/videos. it was dogg pound gc.
The book u talkin about, i got somewhere, have gun will travel.... yeah, i read that, forgot i had it. might look for it some day. yeah it says warren g and dem from longbeach got slapped. But the guy who wrote it wasn't bonafide. It wasn't jus warren g who was sayin that some of the stuff in that book was made up. think daz said it was untrue too.
But like i said, no smoke without fire, besides i do have that 213 freestyle/demo tape with snoop and warren g and like i said, they shout out the eastside Insane.
Idk, Maybe they were still deciding which set to follow...?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 24th, 2009, 8:44 am

I know of a dude from Whittier13 that got jumped in at like 27, after he had a wife, kids and owned a house. My older homies bro-in-law used to always kick it with us and he finally decided to get in and he was in his late 20's. He was one crazy paisa.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 353 » January 24th, 2009, 11:22 am

AztecNinja wrote:I know of a dude from Whittier13 that got jumped in at like 27, after he had a wife, kids and owned a house. My older homies bro-in-law used to always kick it with us and he finally decided to get in and he was in his late 20's. He was one crazy paisa.
he must have been real tight with yall to let him in the gang

insanecrip
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by insanecrip » January 24th, 2009, 12:49 pm

AztecNinja wrote:I know of a dude from Whittier13 that got jumped in at like 27, after he had a wife, kids and owned a house. My older homies bro-in-law used to always kick it with us and he finally decided to get in and he was in his late 20's. He was one crazy paisa.
Damn thats CRAZY! must of been some down ass dudes

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 24th, 2009, 1:02 pm

353 wrote:
He basically had our backs and was already labled as 1 of us so he just made it official.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 353 » January 24th, 2009, 6:44 pm

AztecNinja wrote:
353 wrote:
He basically had our backs and was already labled as 1 of us so he just made it official.
that i can understand cause he must have been down and he was family to your older homie
so i guess everything worked out for homeboy ?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 25th, 2009, 8:29 am

I dont think anything "works out" when you decide to join a gang, but they are both alive, retired and not incarcerated so I guess that could be considered a success story.

swldn
What city do you live in now?: ldn

Unread post by swldn » February 26th, 2009, 11:57 am

SOUFLONDON wrote:funny thing is Cliffard, when the dogg pound and deathrow was riding high and was the shit, i was always wondering about that shit. Infact, if you listen to one of 213s demo tapes, you clearly hear snoopp and warren g giving shout outs to Insane. Yet no mention of rtc! then u got suge, bringing up the same point in interviews....
all i'm saying is, there is usually no smoke without fire - besides, they are, after all, entertainers. They make money and it would be beneficial to the set which they belong to have em down.
here is the song right here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzovfavnmnz

or visit the site, it's alright
http://ittakesanationofmillionstoholdth ... abel/Snoop

OCTX3
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by OCTX3 » January 16th, 2012, 11:02 am

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 3rd, 2012, 1:23 am

353 wrote:19 ?
damn you would be a grown man and that aint cool in my book.
I have heard of a 19 year old getting put on, i believe that is the oldest I have heard.

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Wisconsin

Unread post by niceman » July 20th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Speaking Hmong gang wise, I have heard of a few older cats getting put on at an older age.

There's this guys who hung out with the Asian Crips back when he was 14 but finally decided to join when he was 18. I'm not sure why but when he was 19, he was sent to prison for shooting at two suspected rival gang member, killing one and wounding the other. Turns out, the one that died had no gang affiliation and the one that was wounded had an older brother who was MOD but that was it. (Based in Milwaukee)

Another story is a guy was knew the MODs (Menace of Destruction) since he was at least 12 or so. He didn't joined until he was 19 because when he was 15/16, he had gotten married and had a kid to take care of. Three to four years later or so, he had a divorced and I guess he just picked up old habits and decided to become a full-fledged MOD member instead of staying as an associate. (Based in Wisconsin)

One more story is about a guy who joined a gang call National Criminal Crips (NCC) since he was at least 11/12. He was in the gang for a good decade or so and for some reason (probably because NCC was becoming a dying breed), at 22 he wanted out and joined the MOD at 22 years old or so. I don't know if that really counts because he was already in a gang, just that he joined a different one. By the way, NCC & MOD are family, so there wasn't much of a big deal out of it. (Based in Minnesota)

This is all I can think of now, if I could think of more I'll add some more!!!

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » July 24th, 2015, 2:59 pm

what about breezey ru, 'grown ass blood' lil wayne? they must have been the oldest put ons ever...i wonder if chris brown is wondering if he done the right thing after getting robbed for $50k and some jewels ALLEGEDLY by his 'fellow' pirus... :roll: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » July 29th, 2015, 1:20 pm

In Al's interview with the Grandees (which is a solid interview if anybody hasnt seen it) young man who is 18 was put on that set.

Few other examples given above, so while it does seem rare for "older" cats to get involved, it's not totally out of the norm.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » August 8th, 2015, 3:42 am

cliffard wrote:snoop and daz were put on the hood as youngsters, i've seen flicks of them in long beach with other twenties as younguns, before they got famous.
kurupt is a sixty, theres some debate even now whether hes bona fide.
Daz and Kurupt could of definitely been put on the hood around 19, this the time they came out to LA rappin.

Mzcomplcat3d
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Monroville

Unread post by Mzcomplcat3d » February 15th, 2017, 6:16 am

insanecrip wrote:Whats the oldest age you seen somebody get in a click. Ive heard from my homeboy that this dude got put on at 19.

That's kinda old to be put on everyone I know was put on before they were 13 I know a bunch that were 7-9 when they were put on but they are in their late 30's now so that was back in the 90's when ish was way different than now but still why be 19 and join that's a lot of work you gotta do that sounds like to me someone just wanted the title and wanna seem like they gangsta shit I myself never joined because of certain reasons but I was 12 when I started putting in work

Mzcomplcat3d

Unread post by Mzcomplcat3d » February 15th, 2017, 6:18 am

Mzcomplcat3d wrote:
insanecrip wrote:Whats the oldest age you seen somebody get in a click. Ive heard from my homeboy that this dude got put on at 19.

That's kinda old to be put on everyone I know was put on before they were 13 I know a bunch that were 7-9 when they were put on but they are in their late 30's now so that was back in the 80's and 90's when ish was way different than now but still why be 19 and join that's a lot of work you gotta do that sounds like to me someone just wanted the title and wanna seem like they gangsta shit I myself never joined because of certain reasons but I was 12 when I started putting in work

Mzcomplcat3d

Unread post by Mzcomplcat3d » February 15th, 2017, 6:32 am

That's kinda old to be put on everyone I know was put on before they were 13 I know a bunch that were 7-9 when they were put on but they are in their late 30's now so that was back in the 80's and 90's when ish was way different than now but still why be 19 and join that's a lot of work you gotta do that sounds like to me someone just wanted the title and wanna seem like they gangsta shit I myself never joined because of certain reasons but I was 12 when I started putting in work just so I could earn my respect I had to work twice as hard to prove myself I honestly think you can be over 18 at least that's how it was in my hood my ex boyfriends dad was a Og when I first met him he had already been in for 15 years and the ones he did put on had to be under 15 because he thought that once you hit a certain age you are just to grown and should do something different but everywhere is different