Gumbys in Augoura Hills

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gumbys in Augoura Hills

Unread post by alexalonso » November 1st, 2010, 6:50 pm

Anyone ever heard of this white gang in Augoura Hills, from the early to mid 1990s. They killed a kid named James Farris, stabbed him and because the murder occirred in the process of committing another crime, several teens were charged with the "felony murder rule" meaning that everyone present was equally responsible.

Christopher Velardo, 17, Micah Holland, 15, Brandon Hein, 18, and Anthony Miliotti, 17, as well as the actual killer Jason Holland, 18, were sentenced to life or damn near life.

The victim was also the son of an LAPD officer, and some believe that because of that, the prosecution was more aggressive.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gumbys in Augoura Hills

Unread post by shing » November 2nd, 2010, 12:34 am

Yes, I remember this gang. They existed briefly in the early 90s. If I recall correctly, David Faustino of Married With Children fame was a member. Also, Corin Nemec from a short lived TV show called Parker Lewis can't lose was a member. Definitely not a hardcore gang by any means.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 4th, 2010, 12:36 pm

shing wrote:Yes, I remember this gang. They existed briefly in the early 90s. If I recall correctly, David Faustino of Married With Children fame was a member. Also, Corin Nemec from a short lived TV show called Parker Lewis can't lose was a member. Definitely not a hardcore gang by any means.

I didnt know that Corin "Corky" Nemec was a Gumby. We were friends back in the day, I was even on an episode of Parker Lewis. Can you believe I remember him telling me about a rapper named DJ Quick was about to blow up, before he became popular, and I remember telling him, that does not make sense that a rapper would call themselves DJ.

But they may have not been hardcore, but some of them killed a cops son.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » November 5th, 2010, 2:59 pm

alexalonso wrote:
shing wrote:Yes, I remember this gang. They existed briefly in the early 90s. If I recall correctly, David Faustino of Married With Children fame was a member. Also, Corin Nemec from a short lived TV show called Parker Lewis can't lose was a member. Definitely not a hardcore gang by any means.

I didnt know that Corin "Corky" Nemec was a Gumby. We were friends back in the day, I was even on an episode of Parker Lewis. Can you believe I remember him telling me about a rapper named DJ Quick was about to blow up, before he became popular, and I remember telling him, that does not make sense that a rapper would call themselves DJ.

But they may have not been hardcore, but some of them killed a cops son.
pretty sure he was. my homie caught him in the santa monica mall one day way back in the early 90s. he was dressed the part but was a staight up ranker.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » November 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I remember hearing about them and Parker Lewis being a member. After the Murder they died out.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » January 3rd, 2020, 5:26 pm

I was reading a book and this gang was mentioned in there, and as said previously by someone they disbanded in 1995 after killing the son of an LAPD officer. I was going to start a post asking if anyone ever heard of this gang "Gumbys", but through a quick look around, I came across this topic.