Interesting article from a self proclaimed hooligan from England

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Szczelec33
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Warsaw

Interesting article from a self proclaimed hooligan from England

Unread post by Szczelec33 » August 27th, 2018, 1:24 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/237 ... cond-of-it

„We were there when you could get hurt—hurt very badly, sometimes even killed. Yes, it happened; on occasions, we killed each other. Football hooliganism in my day was a scary pastime.

People ask, "What made you become such a violent hooligan?" Simple answer: the buzz.

In my day, there was nothing else to do that came close to it. No Xbox, internet, theme parks or fancy hobbies. Football was one of the only hobbies available to young, working-class kids, and at the football, you were either a hunter or the hunted.

I became a hunter. I looked for trouble and found it by the lorry load, as there were literally thousands of like-minded kids desperate for a weekly dose of it. Like a heroin addict craves for his needle fix, our fix was football violence...”

Szczelec33
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Interesting article from a self proclaimed hooligan from England

Unread post by Szczelec33 » August 27th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Another good quote (the warriors come out and playay lol):

„There were times when I thought to myself, give it up. Usually when I was in court, looking at another jail sentence—or, on one occasion, when I stood alongside a mate who was clutching his side, preventing his kidney from spewing out of his body after being slashed wide-open when things came on top in Manchester.

Those things happened. I'm not moaning about it; we gave more than we took.

I have seen visiting fans at Goodison Park pleading not to be carved open after straying too far from the safety of their numbers. More often than not, those pleas fell on deaf ears. Every day that followed, when they looked in the mirror, there was a nice scar to remind them of their day out at Everton.

Home games were great, but I preferred the away days—hundreds of "scallies" descending on towns and cities and running amok. We were the first casuals, all dressed in smart sports gear and trainers, long before the rest caught on.

London was our favourite trip; it was like a scene from The Warriors on every visit, the tube network offering the chance of an attack at every stop.”

Szczelec33
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Interesting article from a self proclaimed hooligan from England

Unread post by Szczelec33 » August 27th, 2018, 1:34 pm