The History of The Asian Boyz Gang

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
PunchingMachine17
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

The History of The Asian Boyz Gang

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 4th, 2021, 10:56 am

So, I knew and had a few friends from Asian Boyz in the past, but we were youngsters, teenagers basically during 2007. They didn't really know too much about ABZ’s history and were confused on how ABZ really started. A lot of ABZ older heads told me about ABZ origins similar to what was written on some of these posts here.

Long Beach ABZ - From what I had been told, the first Asian Boyz gang started out in Long Beach during the early 1990s by Cambodians after members from the Ultimate Wave Warrior crew parted ways. One group formed the Tiny Raskal gang during the mid-late 1980s, then later in the early 1990s Asian Boyz was created by other former Ultimate Wave Warrior members. Others say ABZ broke away from Trg during the early 1990s, I’m not sure which story is true.

The first ABZ clique was the East Side LB clique, which formed during the mid or late 1990s and the North Side LB ABZ clique formed during the mid-late 1990s. During the early or mid 1990s, LB ABZ was the first ABZ gang to claim Crips despite never being sanctioned by a Crip gang, but as years went by ABZ was recognized as a legit Crip gang by other Long Beach Crip gangs.

Los Angeles Asian Boys Insanity & San Gabriel Valley ABZ - Asian Boys Insanity (ABI) formed around the LA's Chinatown area by Vietnamese & Chinese during the early 1990s (?) independently from other ABZ cliques and later merged with Long Beach ABZ sometime during the early or mid 1990s? After ABI and LB ABZ merged, ABI formed Monterey ABZ during mid 1990s, then later during mid or late 1990s both ABI and Monterey Park ABZ formed and became West Side ABZ (I just know WS ABZ was formed sometime during the 1990s).

During the late 1990s, Long Beach Northside ABZ started a chapter in San Gabriel Valley and formed SGV NS ABZ around Rosemead and nearby cities after ABZ left Cerritos.

Northern California ABZ - I heard Fresno, Stockton, and Modesto ABZ were all started by Long Beach ABZ during the early to mid 1990s (don’t know too much about these cliques).

Orange County ABZ - So, if I remember correctly, some older people told me that East Anaheim ABZ (which also has members in Westminster & Garden Grove) was started out by Van Nuys ABZ (not ABS). However, I also heard before that East Anaheim ABZ was started by East Side LB ABZ. I don’t know which story is true for OC ABZ origin.

Van Nuy Asian Boyz & Asian Boys - Before there was Van Nuys Asian Boyz, there was the Van Nuys Asian Boys (is it Asian Boys or Asian Boys Style?) and the Van Nuys Asian Boys (ABS) was formed by Cambodians during early 1990s independently from other ABZ cliques around the apartments on Valerio Street in Van Nuys. Later during the mid 1990s, LB ABZ and Van Nuys ABS merged into one gang, but the first and second generation (?) ABS continued claiming ABS instead of ABZ.

There are definitely several inaccuracies in this post, and I was wondering if anyone can clarify more about ABZ’s history, especially about the ABZ subsets that I wrote about.

Forty
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: The History of The Asian Boyz Gang

Unread post by Forty » August 21st, 2021, 2:55 am

My 2 cents. Mostly second hand info and based on different stories from different people.

Asian Boyz started in L.A. as 3 separate gangs in the mid 1980s.

Long Beach Asian Boyz LB ABZ
Van Nuys Asian Boys Style VN ABS
Chinatown Asian Boys Insanity LA ABI

Long Beach ABZ were made up of guys originally from 2 crews. Ultimate New Wave or Ultimate Wave Warriors and Teenage Rapists. Most Ultimates became ABZ but a lot became TRG. Most TR became TRG but a lot joined ABZ. It's possible TRG came first and later they broke off to be ABZ too. But LB TRG and LB ABZ has always been connected and a lot of switching between the 2 back in the days. Not so much anymore but back then you see TRG with ABZ tats and ABZ with TRG tats. Some might have been tattoos to diss each other but a lot were ex ABZ hopping to TRG and crossing their old ABZ tats out or ex TRG hopping to ABZ and crossing their old TRG tats out. Remember 80s-90s ABZ-TRG in Long Beach use to truce and break trucks all the times. Sometimes they got along, sometimes they didn't. It wasnt til later that they became full time enemies.

Van Nuys ABS started as Asian Boys Style in the San Fernando Valley. They were started by Cambodians in Valerio Gardens. Later they got a lot of other asians from other parts of the Valley mostly Vietnamese. A little bit later the founder or one of the main heads clicked up with Long Beach ABZ. Him and his crew and some LB ABZ jumped each other in to make it the same gang. This was 10/31/1987. I remember because Halloween 1997, VN ABZ threw a party to celebrate their 10 yr anniversary. However not all ABS jumped into ABZ. The main heads who didn't agree with it stayed ABS. It's not true ABS is vietnamese side and ABZ is cambodian side. There was plenty of ABS that were Cambodians, including most of the founders. There was also plenty of Vietnamese ABZ. Most the ABZ after the late 90s were Vietnamese. It's just most Cambodians in the Valley lived in Valerio and the guys who switched to ABZ were mostly Cambodians who lived in Valerio.

LA ABI started in Chinatown mid 1980s. They had connections to Oriental Lazy Boyz. There are stories they were clicked up but just later broke off. Also supposedly they were suppose to become the same gang but it didn't work out. Anyways OLB ended up being the dominant Chinatown gang by the 90s and L.A. ABI ended up in San Gabriel Valley. LA ABI was very close to VN ABS in the 90s. VN ABS did business with LA ABI and helped them support their Monterey Park youngsters and supported them against Wah Ching in San Gabriel Valley.

Those 3 were the 3 original AB in Los Angeles County and they all came out around the mid 1980s. Asian Boys is a very generic name so not a surprise they started out as 3 different gangs in 3 different places.

Oriental Boys is similar too because they have such a generic name. In L.A. there was East Side OBZ which were cambodian bloods in south central. West Side OBZ who were thai/lao crips from Hollywood. Oriental Lazy Boyz OLB in Chinatown. One time I even heard they had OBS/OBZ and OLBS/OLBZ cliques like ABS/ABZ.

Forty

Unread post by Forty » August 21st, 2021, 3:19 am

As far as the Asian Boyz clicks in Los Angeles and where they originated.

Long Beach

East Side Long Beach ABZ was the original.

North Side Long Beach ABZ came from ES.

San Fernando Valley

Van Nuys ABS came from the original Asian Boys Style.

Van Nuys ABZ was a side of VN ABS that jumped in with LB ABZ to become one gang with Long Beach.

San Gabriel Valley

Los Angeles ABI originally from Chinatown.

Monterey Park ABZ was created by LA ABI and supported by Van Nuys ABS.

West Side ABZ (OLD) originally LA ABI/MP ABZ.

West Side ABZ (NEW) originally a gang called Outlaws who switched to ABZ.

North Side ABZ originally from Downey/Cerritos area started by Long Beach ABZ, later set up in SGV after they died out in SELA.

Simi Valley ABS not a real side, just Van Nuys ABS in Simi Valley.

Central Side ABZ was a fake side that was mostly Koreans from La Crescenta, Koreatown and Cerritos got checked by Van Nuys ABZ and became Van Nuys ABZ.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 22nd, 2021, 8:25 pm

Forty wrote:
August 21st, 2021, 2:55 am
My 2 cents. Mostly second hand info and based on different stories from different people.

Long Beach ABZ were made up of guys originally from 2 crews. Ultimate New Wave or Ultimate Wave Warriors and Teenage Rapists. Most Ultimates became ABZ but a lot became TRG. Most TR became TRG but a lot joined ABZ. It's possible TRG came first and later they broke off to be ABZ too. But LB TRG and LB ABZ has always been connected and a lot of switching between the 2 back in the days. Not so much anymore but back then you see TRG with ABZ tats and ABZ with TRG tats. Some might have been tattoos to diss each other but a lot were ex ABZ hopping to TRG and crossing their old ABZ tats out or ex TRG hopping to ABZ and crossing their old TRG tats out. Remember 80s-90s ABZ-TRG in Long Beach use to truce and break trucks all the times. Sometimes they got along, sometimes they didn't. It wasnt til later that they became full time enemies.

Van Nuys ABS started as Asian Boys Style in the San Fernando Valley. They were started by Cambodians in Valerio Gardens. Later they got a lot of other asians from other parts of the Valley mostly Vietnamese. A little bit later the founder or one of the main heads clicked up with Long Beach ABZ. Him and his crew and some LB ABZ jumped each other in to make it the same gang. This was 10/31/1987. I remember because Halloween 1997, VN ABZ threw a party to celebrate their 10 yr anniversary. However not all ABS jumped into ABZ. The main heads who didn't agree with it stayed ABS. It's not true ABS is vietnamese side and ABZ is cambodian side. There was plenty of ABS that were Cambodians, including most of the founders. There was also plenty of Vietnamese ABZ. Most the ABZ after the late 90s were Vietnamese. It's just most Cambodians in the Valley lived in Valerio and the guys who switched to ABZ were mostly Cambodians who lived in Valerio.

LA ABI started in Chinatown mid 1980s. They had connections to Oriental Lazy Boyz. There are stories they were clicked up but just later broke off. Also supposedly they were suppose to become the same gang but it didn't work out. Anyways OLB ended up being the dominant Chinatown gang by the 90s and L.A. ABI ended up in San Gabriel Valley. LA ABI was very close to VN ABS in the 90s. VN ABS did business with LA ABI and helped them support their Monterey Park youngsters and supported them against Wah Ching in San Gabriel Valley.

Those 3 were the 3 original AB in Los Angeles County and they all came out around the mid 1980s. Asian Boys is a very generic name so not a surprise they started out as 3 different gangs in 3 different places.

Oriental Boys is similar too because they have such a generic name. In L.A. there was East Side OBZ which were cambodian bloods in south central. West Side OBZ who were thai/lao crips from Hollywood. Oriental Lazy Boyz OLB in Chinatown. One time I even heard they had OBS/OBZ and OLBS/OLBZ cliques like ABS/ABZ.
The history of TRG & ABZ is very interesting because of the several stories on how they were created. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot or any at all (from my knowledge) of the original members from those two gangs who are willing to speak about the formation/history of TRG & ABZ.

So do you know around what year Long Beach ABZ officially started? I always thought ABZ started in the early 1990s and TRG in the late 1980s, like around 1987. I recall hearing that soon after TRG started up in Long Beach, TRG started their second clique in Santa Ana, Minnie Street during the late 1980s.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 22nd, 2021, 8:26 pm

Forty wrote:

The history of TRG & ABZ is very interesting because of the several stories on how they were created. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot or any at all (from my knowledge) of the original members from those two gangs who are willing to speak about the formation/history of TRG & ABZ.

So do you know around what year Long Beach ABZ officially started? I always thought ABZ started in the early 1990s and TRG in the late 1980s, like around 1987. I recall hearing that soon after TRG started up in Long Beach, TRG started their second clique in Santa Ana, Minnie Street during the late 1980s.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 22nd, 2021, 8:36 pm

Forty wrote:
August 21st, 2021, 3:19 am

Long Beach

San Fernando Valley

Van Nuys ABZ was a side of VN ABS that jumped in with LB ABZ to become one gang with Long Beach.

San Gabriel Valley

North Side ABZ originally from Downey/Cerritos area started by Long Beach ABZ, later set up in SGV after they died out in SELA.

Central Side ABZ was a fake side that was mostly Koreans from La Crescenta, Koreatown and Cerritos got checked by Van Nuys ABZ and became Van Nuys ABZ.
So is the new West Side ABZ and old West Side ABZ one clique now, or are they separate cliques? I've only heard about the West Side ABZ that's around San Gabriel and Monterey Park.

Any stories on how Anaheim ABZ started? I've seen an old picture of Orange County ABZ back in 1993 when they were teenagers. I personally knew several of them, but got different stories on they were formed, we were all just youngsters that time.

Forty

Unread post by Forty » August 23rd, 2021, 11:20 pm

PunchingMachine17 wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 8:26 pm
Forty wrote:

No one will know for sure because everyone has different stories. Mofos also lie or try to twist stories. A lot of mofos that claim to be original wasn't even there.

Long Beach ABZ was definitely around in the mid 1980s. Theyre not that much younger than TRG.

I went to fulton junior high with a lot of the peewee cambodian Van Nuys ABZ from Valerio gardens. Fulton Jr high is down the street from Valerio and all the ABZ peewee went there. This was the early 90s. Heard a lot of stories about Long Beach ABZ going back to the 80s.

Also I've heard stories TRG started in o.c. and was before long Beach trg. It's just Long Beach is where it blew up. Not sure if they were talking about the actual TRG gang or the TR crew.

Remember the early Cambodians in California were in orange county not long Beach. Talking about pre refugee days. The cambodian refugees later on went to Long Beach (LB TRG/LB ABZ) east side, South Central L.A. (ES OBZ) Pueblo del rio projects and Van Nuys (VN ABS) Valerio gardens. But the cambodian community before that was first in orange county.

Forty

Unread post by Forty » August 23rd, 2021, 11:37 pm

PunchingMachine17 wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 8:36 pm
Forty wrote:

Long Beach

San Fernando Valley

San Gabriel Valley

So is the new West Side ABZ and old West Side ABZ one clique now, or are they separate cliques? I've only heard about the West Side ABZ that's around San Gabriel and Monterey Park.

Any stories on how Anaheim ABZ started? I've seen an old picture of Orange County ABZ back in 1993 when they were teenagers. I personally knew several of them, but got different stories on they were formed, we were all just youngsters that time.
Same side. The older LA ABI/Monterey Park ABZ just liked to claim OLD WEST SIDE to differentiate themselves from the NEW WEST SIDE that came from a different gang called Outlaw jumping into West Side ABZ.

That's what actually caused the North Side ABZ vs Black Dragon beef late 99/early 2000. North Side ABZ and BD originally got along. Founder of NS ABZ, shaggy was related to/close to Jason, leader of Jason side Black Dragon. NS ABZ and BD did business.

The guys from Outlaw didn't get along with BD so when they jumped into WS ABZ that beef carried over. One day BD was banging and one of the peewee BD dumped on NS ABZ mistaking them for WS ABZ. The older BD tried to stop the shooter but by the time he stopped him, he already shot a NS ABZ in the foot. NS ABZ lao guy named little one smoked both the youngster and the older BD. After that NS ABZ and BD beefed, you can't drop it when 2 BD are dead and 1 ABZ is shot.

I was in gang module in la County jail when all this broke out 99/00 on the streets. Shaggy the NS founder was in there, Mousie from BD was in there at the time and Little one from NS ABZ came in after charged with the 2 BD murders.

Orange county is a mess like SGV.

I've heard OC ABZ, Anaheim ABZ and even Santa Ana ABZ which is weird because Santa Ana was trg.

I've heard Long Beach ABZ started them, I've heard Vietnamese Van Nuys ABS started them, I've heard Cambodian Van Nuys ABZ started them.

I don't know which clicks is what.

A lot of ABZ in nocal are like that. I did business with these Santa Rosa ABZ before. His crew was started up by Van Nuys ABZ. But he said there were ABZ in Santa rosa started up by Fresno ABZ, some Santa rosa ABZ was from Long Beach ABZ.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 24th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Forty wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 11:20 pm
PunchingMachine17 wrote:
Forty wrote:

No one will know for sure because everyone has different stories. Mofos also lie or try to twist stories. A lot of mofos that claim to be original wasn't even there.

Long Beach ABZ was definitely around in the mid 1980s. Theyre not that much younger than TRG.

I went to fulton junior high with a lot of the peewee cambodian Van Nuys ABZ from Valerio gardens. Fulton Jr high is down the street from Valerio and all the ABZ peewee went there. This was the early 90s. Heard a lot of stories about Long Beach ABZ going back to the 80s.

Also I've heard stories TRG started in o.c. and was before long Beach trg. It's just Long Beach is where it blew up. Not sure if they were talking about the actual TRG gang or the TR crew.

Remember the early Cambodians in California were in orange county not long Beach. Talking about pre refugee days. The cambodian refugees later on went to Long Beach (LB TRG/LB ABZ) east side, South Central L.A. (ES OBZ) Pueblo del rio projects and Van Nuys (VN ABS) Valerio gardens. But the cambodian community before that was first in orange county.
I read that Long Beach had small Cambodian community in the 1950shttps://csulb-dspace.calstate.edu/handle/10211.3/206708. But yeah I read about TRG staring in Santa Ana on here. When I hung out around TRG in OC, most of the youngsters from Westminster told me they originated in Long Beach though so IDK. This was back in 2007.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 24th, 2021, 10:22 pm

Forty wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 11:20 pm
PunchingMachine17 wrote:
Forty wrote:

I read that Long Beach had small Cambodian community in the 1950 shttps://csulb-dspace.calstate.edu/handle/10211.3/206708. But yeah I read about TRG staring in Santa Ana on here. When I hung out around TRG in OC, most of the youngsters from Westminster told me they originated in Long Beach though so IDK. This was back in 2007.

PunchingMachine17

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 24th, 2021, 10:31 pm

Forty wrote:
August 23rd, 2021, 11:37 pm
PunchingMachine17 wrote:
August 22nd, 2021, 8:36 pm
Forty wrote:

Long Beach

San Fernando Valley

San Gabriel Valley

Same side. The older LA ABI/Monterey Park ABZ just liked to claim OLD WEST SIDE to differentiate themselves from the NEW WEST SIDE that came from a different gang called Outlaw jumping into West Side ABZ.

That's what actually caused the North Side ABZ vs Black Dragon beef late 99/early 2000. North Side ABZ and BD originally got along. Founder of NS ABZ, shaggy was related to/close to Jason, leader of Jason side Black Dragon. NS ABZ and BD did business.

The guys from Outlaw didn't get along with BD so when they jumped into WS ABZ that beef carried over. One day BD was banging and one of the peewee BD dumped on NS ABZ mistaking them for WS ABZ. The older BD tried to stop the shooter but by the time he stopped him, he already shot a NS ABZ in the foot. NS ABZ lao guy named little one smoked both the youngster and the older BD. After that NS ABZ and BD beefed, you can't drop it when 2 BD are dead and 1 ABZ is shot.

I was in gang module in la County jail when all this broke out 99/00 on the streets. Shaggy the NS founder was in there, Mousie from BD was in there at the time and Little one from NS ABZ came in after charged with the 2 BD murders.

Orange county is a mess like SGV.

I've heard OC ABZ, Anaheim ABZ and even Santa Ana ABZ which is weird because Santa Ana was trg.

I've heard Long Beach ABZ started them, I've heard Vietnamese Van Nuys ABS started them, I've heard Cambodian Van Nuys ABZ started them.

I don't know which clicks is what.

A lot of ABZ in nocal are like that. I did business with these Santa Rosa ABZ before. His crew was started up by Van Nuys ABZ. But he said there were ABZ in Santa rosa started up by Fresno ABZ, some Santa rosa ABZ was from Long Beach ABZ.
So I know in SGV, West Side & North Side ABZ are still around, but what about Van Nuys ABZ, are they still around? Last I heard of the Van Nuys clique was back in 2015 or something like that.

I never knew ABZ didn't get along with BD, that's something new. I always thought BD became like a mob-type gang and didn't go at it with street gangs anymore.

I haven't heard of Santa Ana ABZ before, but now that you mentioned it, I have seen pic of We Don't Care gang and ABZ in Santa Ana back in the 1990s.

Hey, I read that Asian Boyz Insanity was extorting businesses and operating brothels in Chinatown in the past, is that true? if I remember correctly, Wah Ching ran LA's Chinatown in the 1980s then ABI somehow took it over after Wah Ching died out in LA's Chinatown.