OG Inglewood Family Bloods - 1982

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

OG Inglewood Family Bloods - 1982

Unread post by alexalonso » January 24th, 2014, 10:29 pm

This photo was taken over 30 years ago of the IFG Inglewood Family members. These guys had style and was about their money for sure.
Attachments
inglewood-1982-bloods-lg.jpg
inglewood-1982-bloods-lg.jpg (93.97 KiB) Viewed 19339 times

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: OG Inglewood Family Bloods - 1982

Unread post by alsheikh971 » January 25th, 2014, 6:31 am

yeah they look like pimps from the mid seventies in harlem but not colourful,..sure they got style back then. But i'm sure they made, per capita, more money that the ones of today.
They had a larger peace of the cake, now, as Blacks are vanishing : high life, no' mo' lol.
Jocking :lol:

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown

Unread post by Bunknown » January 25th, 2014, 5:34 pm

We have to remember Inglewood is not all bad I mean for crying out loud ladrea heights.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » January 25th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Nice Post! That's old school, back in my day. Check out the pager! That was clean for back then, no t-shirts or sagging, suited and booted, but still ready for whatever.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » January 26th, 2014, 11:16 am

Is that 'Stacey' from the Wood on the far left?? :lol:

Looks just like dude... :mrgreen:

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » January 26th, 2014, 12:58 pm

Adobo wrote:Is that 'Stacey' from the Wood on the far left?? :lol:

@Adobo- lol- He does!!

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » January 28th, 2014, 7:37 am

Adobo wrote:Is that 'Stacey' from the Wood on the far left?? :lol:

Damn...he does. :lol:

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » January 28th, 2014, 11:27 am

Quepolo3 wrote:Nice Post! That's old school, back in my day. Check out the pager! That was clean for back then, no t-shirts or sagging, suited and booted, but still ready for whatever.
Aww ! So it's a pager... I was wondering "what the hell is this little box on fixed on his suit's pocket ??" :mrgreen:
They were flashy as hell and for sure with the bisness...
Are you from that era Quepolo ?
@Alonso: where is this pic come from ? A member of the IFB ? Or from some 82 magazine/article maybe ??

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » February 9th, 2014, 9:07 am

I'm surprised nobody said anything about who's in the picture, even though people always give him a shoutout whenever Inglewood reputables are mentioned.

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » February 11th, 2014, 8:35 am

So ? Who is on this picture ?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » February 11th, 2014, 9:32 am

karim wrote:So ? Who is on this picture ?
A-Bay is second from the left, standing.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 14th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:Nice Post! That's old school, back in my day. Check out the pager! That was clean for back then, no t-shirts or sagging, suited and booted, but still ready for whatever.
They're just dressed up for the picture. The day to day gangbanger style for 82 was actually more casual than today - flannels/pendletons, white t-shirts, jeans or khakis, army belts or stretch belts. Some dudes were even rocking preppy clothes like polo shirts. Not much bling.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 14th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Silencioso wrote:
They're just dressed up for the picture. The day to day gangbanger style for 82 was actually more casual than today - flannels/pendletons, white t-shirts, jeans or khakis, army belts or stretch belts. Some dudes were even rocking preppy clothes like polo shirts. Not much bling.
Here's the average gangbanger c. 1982-85
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-8.jpg (85.11 KiB) Viewed 19205 times

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » February 15th, 2014, 2:40 am

L Grindin wrote:
And can you tell us/me ore about this "A-Bay" guy ?
First, what does "A-Bay" mean ?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » February 15th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Silencioso wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
untitled-8.jpg
@Silencioso- Nice Photo! I agree with you 100%. You just don't see the young men dressing up anymore. It has become progressively worse. Think about how it was when you were 18-25 compared to now. My wife and I went to a club here in Atlanta called the Atrium for our anniversary. We were just out kickin it. When you looked around the fellas had on sissy jeans with tennis shoes, big belt buckles and Polo's. There were a few youngsta's that were presentable, but that just doesn't make sense. All of the honey's had tight, low cut dresses ( I liked that part), but it wasn't classy. We used to take pride in how we looked but to me the mindset and style today is just way out.

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » February 17th, 2014, 7:31 am

Fashion is an eternal come back... Today's 70's fashion will be overated soon...

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » April 18th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
untitled-8.jpg
@Silencioso- Nice Photo! I agree with you 100%. You just don't see the young men dressing up anymore. It has become progressively worse. Think about how it was when you were 18-25 compared to now. My wife and I went to a club here in Atlanta called the Atrium for our anniversary. We were just out kickin it. When you looked around the fellas had on sissy jeans with tennis shoes, big belt buckles and Polo's. There were a few youngsta's that were presentable, but that just doesn't make sense. All of the honey's had tight, low cut dresses ( I liked that part), but it wasn't classy. We used to take pride in how we looked but to me the mindset and style today is just way out.
Aw man they used to dress sleazy back in the day but it was ghetto fab though. Now a days young teens are just lost, they decide are they going to wear the Burberry shorts or Burberry pants.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 24th, 2015, 6:23 pm

karim wrote:
Aww ! So it's a pager... I was wondering "what the hell is this little box on fixed on his suit's pocket ??" :mrgreen:
They were flashy as hell and for sure with the bisness...
Are you from that era Quepolo ?
@Alonso: where is this pic come from ? A member of the IFB ? Or from some 82 magazine/article maybe ??
i hAVE AN OLD Friend from IFG and one day he showed it to me, and I said I need to scan it, so it is straight from a member from IF.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 24th, 2015, 6:23 pm

L Grindin wrote:

Big Mike is all the way to the right.

AK4Sure
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: Raleigh

Unread post by AK4Sure » July 30th, 2017, 10:16 am

A-Bay was an OG. Brother of Phil Bill and Cornel Evans (OGs). Sister Carolyn and I went IHS together. I moved out of the Wood in '86. Always wondered what became of them. Anybody know? Also, that's Tony (don't know his street name) on the far left, Pumpkin seated. Went to Crozier with them. Slap boxed once with dude between A-Bay and Big Mike. First name and street name escapes me, but his last name was Augustine. Always wondered if his brother Patrick followed in his footsteps. Anybody know their street names, and status?

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » July 30th, 2017, 10:40 am

AK4Sure wrote:A-Bay was an OG. Brother of Phil Bill and Cornel Evans (OGs). Sister Carolyn and I went IHS together. I moved out of the Wood in '86. Always wondered what became of them. Anybody know? Also, that's Tony (don't know his street name) on the far left, Pumpkin seated. Went to Crozier with them. Slap boxed once with dude between A-Bay and Big Mike. First name and street name escapes me, but his last name was Augustine. Always wondered if his brother Patrick followed in his footsteps. Anybody know their street names, and status?
Tony who? TC?

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by L Grindin » July 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm

AK4Sure wrote:A-Bay was an OG. Brother of Phil Bill and Cornel Evans (OGs). Sister Carolyn and I went IHS together. I moved out of the Wood in '86. Always wondered what became of them. Anybody know? Also, that's Tony (don't know his street name) on the far left, Pumpkin seated. Went to Crozier with them. Slap boxed once with dude between A-Bay and Big Mike. First name and street name escapes me, but his last name was Augustine. Always wondered if his brother Patrick followed in his footsteps. Anybody know their street names, and status?
As you probably know, A-Bay got killed around 1993/1994. Phil Bill and Carolyn are alive and free. Carnell has been in prison since about 1994. I showed someone this picture who knows everyone in it, and from what I hear, Bully and L-Baby are doing fine.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » July 31st, 2017, 4:30 pm

L Grindin wrote:
As you probably know, A-Bay got killed around 1993/1994. Phil Bill and Carolyn are alive and free. Carnell has been in prison since about 1994. I showed someone this picture who knows everyone in it, and from what I hear, Bully and L-Baby are doing fine.
Who is he referring to in regards to Tony? TC?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » August 1st, 2017, 10:53 am

alsheikh971 wrote:yeah they look like pimps from the mid seventies in harlem but not colourful,..sure they got style back then. But i'm sure they made, per capita, more money that the ones of today.
They had a larger peace of the cake, now, as Blacks are vanishing : high life, no' mo' lol.
Jocking :lol:
Harlem pimps let alone Harlem niggas never dressed like that.

Gloss
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Illinois
What city do you live in now?: Chicago

Unread post by Gloss » March 23rd, 2021, 3:10 pm

Abay died right before his 32nd birthday.
DB6A2845-3BDD-4350-887F-B1C68016ECB1.jpeg
DB6A2845-3BDD-4350-887F-B1C68016ECB1.jpeg (122.04 KiB) Viewed 11680 times
Too bad Big Spyder passed away. He had stories for days on Abay, Isom, Petie Wheat, etc. RIP to them both.