Video of Suge Knight running over Terry Carter / Bone

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Video of Suge Knight running over Terry Carter / Bone

Unread post by alexalonso » March 9th, 2015, 2:08 pm

TMZ just released the video of Suge running over Terry Carter and Bone and now they are trying to put a gun in Bone's hand, but I can assure you that Cle Bone Sloan NEVER had a gun. The police already said Bone didnt have a gun. Also TMZ earlier reported that the gun allegation was untrue.

Remember that earlier reports stated that Suge was ambushed by 4 men, and it is only Bone and Suge having words. No gun play, no gun pointing, no gun at all.
Attachments
021215-no-guns.jpg
021215-no-guns.jpg (238.58 KiB) Viewed 15300 times

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Video of Suge Knight running over Terry Carter / Bone

Unread post by Quepolo3 » March 9th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Damn!! That shit looked intentional to me. I think Suge is done!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 9th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Yea, definitely intentional. He could have backed up the other way easily.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 9th, 2015, 3:49 pm

It looks like he got slapped around before all that, the way the car is bouncing. He was probably mad as hell and ran those guys over not thinking clearly.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 9th, 2015, 9:08 pm

How would the police know if a gun was there or not. I don't know what else you pick up and put away like that, he didn't do all that rolling him over for a cell phone. Good lawyer will beat that.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 9th, 2015, 9:37 pm

Suge's people say the group assembled near the truck was ominous and he feared if he drove past them he'd be shot

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/09/suge-knig ... z3Twq2ZLMz

Terry Carter -- whom Suge Knight ran over and killed -- was packing heat, according to his own family.

Suge's new lawyer, Matthew Fletcher, told TMZ, after Carter died, his relatives called the L.A. County Sheriff and asked detectives if they had Carter's gun.

Our Suge sources say after Carter was pronounced dead, his daughter showed up to retrieve his car and noticed his gun wasn't inside a bag in which it was routinely stored.

Fletcher plans to use the gun reference to prove Suge was ambushed by armed men ... both of whom Suge struck in the Tam's parking lot.

As we showed you earlier Monday, after the other victim -- Cle "Bone" Sloan -- was hit by the vehicle someone took an object from Bone and placed it in his waistband.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/09/suge-knig ... z3TwnyeAsT

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 9th, 2015, 10:34 pm

rocstar wrote:Suge's people say the group assembled near the truck was ominous and he feared if he drove past them he'd be shot

Terry Carter -- whom Suge Knight ran over and killed -- was packing heat, according to his own family.

Suge's new lawyer, Matthew Fletcher, told TMZ, after Carter died, his relatives called the L.A. County Sheriff and asked detectives if they had Carter's gun.

Our Suge sources say after Carter was pronounced dead, his daughter showed up to retrieve his car and noticed his gun wasn't inside a bag in which it was routinely stored.

Fletcher plans to use the gun reference to prove Suge was ambushed by armed men ... both of whom Suge struck in the Tam's parking lot.

As we showed you earlier Monday, after the other victim -- Cle "Bone" Sloan -- was hit by the vehicle someone took an object from Bone and placed it in his waistband.

Terry Carter and Suge were there together at Tam's hanging out chilling, when Bone showed up. It was actually Suge, Terry, and a third guy (I wont put his name out there since it hasnt become public) all together talking as friends. Then Bone shows up alone and exchanges words with Suge, while Suge's 2 friends just stood there and didn't try to intervene.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 9th, 2015, 10:36 pm

rocstar wrote:Suge's people say the group assembled near the truck was ominous and he feared if he drove past them he'd be shot

The guy that grabbed what you are calling a gun, walked over to Bone's car and put it in there. The video does not show that part, and TMZ knows this because they saw the entire video. Also the police know this, and they retrieved that item, and the LASD said it was not a gun.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 10th, 2015, 1:20 pm

[quote="@1"][quote="rocstar"]Suge's people say the group assembled near the truck was ominous and he feared if he drove past them he'd be shot

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/09/suge-knig ... z3TwnyeAsT[/quote]

Terry Carter and Suge were there together at Tam's hanging out chilling, when Bone showed up. It was actually Suge, Terry, and a third guy (I wont put his name out there since it hasnt become public) all together talking as friends. Then Bone shows up alone and exchanges words with Suge, while Suge's 2 friends just stood there and didn't try to intervene.[/quote]

thats not what the video shows

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 10th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Looks like Suges story pans out.....

Bone was the aggressor and instigator of the whole event. WAlking up to Suges Car Assaulting him and branishing a Fire Arm...

Suge feared for his life, in a fit of panic, he excellerated to escape Armed Felons / OG Piru/Blood Gang members from further assaulting him and possible shooting him......

Suge Walks.....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 10th, 2015, 2:42 pm

Let me share some points here with the public since the media and TMZ is really brainwashing and manipulating the story.

1. Between 00:8 - 00:12 seconds of the video you see Bone approach Suge's truck and you can see both Bone's hands and they are empty. There is no gun people.

2. This confrontation that occurred in the TMZ video does not show the beginning and you have to ask yourself, if you have a video that is 3 minutes long, why only release 1 minute of the video? Most of the first confrontation occurs slightly out of frame, but it show Bone's arrival which they edited out.

3. The TMZ video does not show Bone's car pulling into the parking lot and parking in the Tam's lot. This is important because it shows that he arrived alone.

4. When Bone arrives, Suge's truck is parked on 142nd street on the opposite side at the top of the screen (car pointing west) with 2 of his friends standing outside talking to him, Terry Carter and another person. This occurs slightly out of frame, and is perhaps why TMZ edited this part out.

5. Bone does approach Suge's vehicle and has a confrontation prior to the beginning of this video occurs, which lasts a few seconds and when Suge's truck was parked on 142nd (slightly out of frame), then he drives off and then stops in Tam's driveway and that's when the TMZ video starts.

IMPORTANT POINT: If Suge feared for his life, why did he drive off and then stop again? TMZ and the attorney does not reveal this part.

6. 0:13 - 0:30 of the video: When Suge drives off and then stops again, Bone does resume the confrontation. What you can't see is that Bone is actually punching Suge, while standing on the side rail of the truck. When Suge throws the car in reverse, Bone lost his footing, and got clipped by the front driver's side tire, falling down and hitting his head at 0:30. At this point Bone is immobile and cannot move. This is an important legal point, because if Bone was the threat, he is no longer a threat at this point, and here is where Suge's defense takes a huge leap. According to the attorney, Terry Carter was also armed, and "a witness" heard Terry Carter say, "should I shoot Suge."

Of course if all of this is true, then Suge has a case, but Terry Carter was not with Bone, and was actually there because Suge & Terry are friends. Now Suge is going to argue that he was "lured" to Tams, by Terry Carter, because the phone records show they spoke, so that Bone could kill him. Ridiculous!

Terry Carter's family will be very unhappy when they make out to be a villain. This was between Suge and Bone.

7. About 5 seconds after Bone is on the ground, Suge drives car forward and runs over Bone's immobile body, and the front end of the car plows through his friend Terry.

Terry was hit on accident, I know that Suge never had an intention of running over his own friend, but in order for his self defense claim to work, he has to admit that he ran over Terry deliberately, and he has to put Terry and Bone together as friends, which will be impossible since they never talk.
Attachments
tmz-both-guns.jpg
tmz-both-guns.jpg (242.37 KiB) Viewed 15144 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 10th, 2015, 3:23 pm

xxx wrote:Looks like Suges story pans out.....

Bone was the aggressor and instigator of the whole event. WAlking up to Suges Car Assaulting him and branishing a Fire Arm...

Suge feared for his life, in a fit of panic, he excellerated to escape Armed Felons / OG Piru/Blood Gang members from further assaulting him and possible shooting him......

Suge Walks.....
This story pans out the most: http://www.streetgangs.com/lies/020215-suge-knight-lies

According to this video, I agree that Suge has a strong self defense case, but what the video edited out, was the first confrontation, and Suge driving off and leaving. In the State of California, if you perceive someone as a threat, a guy with a gun, you can't leave the scene and then come back. But the video does not show that so I can understand people thinking he could walk from this. Also I know his new attorney, and he is going to take advantage of every angle there is.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 12th, 2015, 5:40 pm

This guy Ben, an apparent Suge supporter posted this comment on my article so I am going to do my best to respond to his points in red.
Ben
March 11, 2015 - 12:08 pm(Edit)

Alonso,

Bone’s hands are empty in the fist seconds of the video. Your statement proves nothing Alonso, Bone could have pulled the gun out when he was closer to Suge, not before (i.e., walking towards Suge).

Bone started fighting with Suge when he stopped his car in the driveway and that fight lasted for 17 seconds. There was no gun in Bone's possession, he never pulled nothing out, and not one witness including the 911 caller ever says Bone had a gun. TMZ stated it was a "possible gun" and I guarantee you that within a few days, TMZ will retract that statement. The LASD already said it was not a gun, and I am telling you its not a gun. Also, the video does not show that person, walk over to Bone's car, and put that same item in the driver's seat of his car. IT IS NOT A GUN!!!! Everyone in the streets connected to the witnesses know its not a gun, the LASD said they recovered the item (walkie talkie) and they said its not a gun, and TMZ will retract their allegation in due time.

Suge could have returned to the burger joint as many times as he wanted, last time I checked Bone is not a police officer or the owner of the burger place to demand someone to leave the premises.

Yes, Suge could drive back and stop again if he wants, but then he cannot claim that there was a threat. You cannot play tough guy and victim at the same time. If you are scared, then keep going when you have the opportunity. There is another camera that shows Bone, trying to open the door, with both hands on the door and Suge pulls the door back. Suge said that he wanted to fight bone in front of over a dozen witnesses, including police officers. He even said he was going to kick Bone's ass in front of those same witness at basecamp of the movie. If you are going to talk in that intimidating manner you should be able to back it up.

Yes I believe Terry carried a gun with him. Did he pull the gun on Suge, I don’t know. Maybe Terry’s gun was in the car. Do I believe Suge’s attorney? Yes, why shouldn’t I? Why should I believe you?

One month later after Suge gets his new attorney, new claims that Terry Carter had a gun surface. I can tell you that this is not true. How in the world can you believe this self serving allegation without any shred of evidence, over 1 month after the incident and after a new attorney is hired? Suge would have told investigators that there were guns involved when he was arrested, and he never said this. The story went from 4 people attacked him, in the beginning to 2 people had guns in March. This is called lawyering. Wake up?

I can’t tell if the guys on the video are Suge’s friends, Bone’s friends or just bystanders. However, it seems more like those guys were Bone’s friends (i.e., guy who takes object from Bone as Bone is laying on the street, are you implying that guy is Suge’s friend?).

None of those persons were with Bone, and TMZ should have shown the footage of Bone pulling in the parking lot alone. When Bone arrived, Terry Carter, another guy we'll call John Doe, were standing and talking to Suge while he was in his car. In fact there is another video coming out soon that shows them three posted together before Bone ever shows up. In the video, the person that takes Bone's walkie talkie is a resident that happen to be there, not with Suge and not with Bone.

Bone was solo, I can’t tell from the video. It seems Bone was not solo (my opinion based on the video).

There is nothing in this video that says either way. You are basing you conclusion on pure speculation, but I am basing it on information gathered. For example, the LASD have a screen capture that shows Bone in his car pulling up alone. TMZ also has footage of this but they chose to deliberately edit that out to give guys like you false ammunition. And it works. You said you can't tell if he is alone based on the video, I agree, but then in your opinion he is not alone, based on the video. Ridiculous. Do you want the truth? HE WAS ALONE, ARRIVED ALONE, ACTED ALONE, period!

Bone did confront, your statement. And apparently ok with you, to confront and create this whole mess.

I personally would not have confronted Suge, but Bone is from the streets and Suge is from the streets. Suge should have got out the car, especially since he said he wanted to fight 20 minutes previously.

Aubry Berry, yes I recall that, and watch your video, great job reportiing on that case by the way. Interesting, I can’t comment if Dolla’ had a gun or not, obviously I wasn’t there, sad event.

I dont believe Dolla had a gun at all, but that's what defense attorneys do. I have seen this several times.

Also, isn’t Bone a felon? Has it crossed your mind it would probably not be a “good look” for him if it is determined he was carrying a gun and pulled that gun on Suge? Hipotetically speaking.

Ofcourse, but Bone ain't scared to admit shit he has done. Did you watch Bastards of the Party? If he had a gun, he would say it. He ain't never denied anything.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 13th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Alonso, im having a hard time reading your article and posts.

Questions ?

You Being a prominent Gang Expert that gets summon to Court to tesified on Gang Cases.....

Are you concerned that you could/might be called for your expert testimony regarding these two Blood Gang Members?

Do think Suge desires a Life Sentence?

Do you think your Article and opinions hurts or helps Suge?

Do you know Bone, if so, to what degree, friends, business partners or in some other capacity?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 13th, 2015, 10:14 pm

i doubt that gang issues will be part of the case. Just because you hear the attorneys saying things during press conferences, there are no legitimate gang allegations in this case. The two subjects are 49 and 51 years old, and Carter was 55. A judge will most likely not allow it, and it will be objected as being irrelevant.

The prosecution does not want this to be a gang case, but the defense will probably benefit from making this a gang case. If the defense hypothetically called me, they would probably want me to make an opinion that it is a gang case, and since I disagree, I would reject the job. I only take consulting jobs if I agree with the defense.

Suge does not deserve a life sentence. He doesn't deserve 25 years and I would even say 15 years would be too long. I think that a 5 to 10 year is something that his lawyer might jump on if the prosecution would offer it. If there were guns involved I would say Suge deserves no time.

My articles cannot harm Suge because they are irrelevant in the court of law as is TMZ or any other press. I think Suge is hurting himself by making false allegations, which is worse than snitching, by claiming that Bone had a gun, which he did not, saying that Carter had a gun, which he did not, and them claiming that Bone & Suge were together, which they were not. He is hurting Carter's family which are still grieving by claiming Carter was a criminal, and he is exposing Bone to crimes which he did not commit. You cool with that?

You will soon hear that Bone and Terry Carter were behind Suge getting shot 6 times at the Chris Brown event. And people will believe it too.

Yes, I know Bone, been known Bone a long time, but I know several people involved in this dilemma.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » March 14th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Would this automatically qualify as Third-Strike violation, and even if he got a deal with prosecutors could they still give him life ? He took carter's life and tried to take Bones, so why shouldn't he get it? IMO

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 15th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:Would this automatically qualify as Third-Strike violation, and even if he got a deal with prosecutors could they still give him life ? He took carter's life and tried to take Bones, so why shouldn't he get it? IMO
- i dont know how many strikes Suge has, but if he has 2, and he goes to trial and loses, this offense could be a life sentence.

- if he takes a deal, he will not get a life sentence. That assumes that one is offered.

- The reason why he shouldn't get life, is because Terry Carter was killed on accident. There was no intent on Suge's part to kill Carter, so its not 1st degree murder.

- Now running over Bone could be looked at as intentional but since Bone was punching him at the time, a jury may or may not look at the actions he took against Bone differently, even if it was intentional .

- Here is the tricky part. When Bone fell done and hit his head and was basically knockout out by the fall, Bone was no longer a threat. California law does not allow you to take actions against a person that is no longer a threat, even if only 5 seconds pass, which is how long Suge waits until he runs him over.

- So what's Suge's options? Make someone else other than Bone the threat too. That's why Suge is trying to say Terry Carter had a gun too, but this is not true at all. But if a jury believes that Terry Carter was a threat too, and that he was armed, Suge will get acquitted.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » March 18th, 2015, 6:47 am

Deals are in most cases usually offered,sounds to me like a manslaughter charge either volunterie or involunterie. Which carrys anywhere from 6-11 years in state prison.Although if he has prior felony convictions? they could strike him out and he could end up with a life sentence? As far as going to trial dont really think it will go to trial.the evidence is there, witnesses seen him run dude over there is no denying the evidence.I guess it's a wait and see thing.Interesting story of what's going to happen to the founder of Death Row Records.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » March 18th, 2015, 1:00 pm

[quote="@1"][quote="Quepolo3"]Would this automatically qualify as Third-Strike violation, and even if he got a deal with prosecutors could they still give him life ? He took carter's life and tried to take Bones, so why shouldn't he get it? IMO[/quote]

- i dont know how many strikes Suge has, but if he has 2, and he goes to trial and loses, this offense could be a life sentence.

- if he takes a deal, he will not get a life sentence. That assumes that one is offered.

- The reason why he shouldn't get life, is because Terry Carter was killed on accident. There was no intent on Suge's part to kill Carter, so its not 1st degree murder.

- Now running over Bone could be looked at as intentional but since Bone was punching him at the time, a jury may or may not look at the actions he took against Bone differently, even if it was intentional .

- Here is the tricky part. When Bone fell done and hit his head and was basically knockout out by the fall, Bone was no longer a threat. California law does not allow you to take actions against a person that is no longer a threat, even if only 5 seconds pass, which is how long Suge waits until he runs him over.

- So what's Suge's options? Make someone else other than Bone the threat too. That's why Suge is trying to say Terry Carter had a gun too, but this is not true at all. But if a jury believes that Terry Carter was a threat too, and that he was armed, Suge will get acquitted.[/quote]

@Alex- Appreciate the insight bruh! I think that Bumperjack's synopsis seems feasible as well. If he was threatened and was concerned for his safety, then why did he back up and do it again. He could have pulled off. He meant to do that but why hit carter?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » March 18th, 2015, 6:21 pm

If a deal was given it would not be a "deal" if it was a life sentence "Quepolo3" from my experience in the justice system a deal is certain in this case I believe.

What one has to understand is a car is a deadly weapon and even if there was no intent somebody still died at the hands of another.He will not be acquitted in my eyes by a jury of his peers.

Self defense will not hold up because it is not a self defense case.I do not believe he deserves a 25 year to life sentence as that is a 1st degree murder sentence.

I say a "manslaughter" he will be convicted on.If he has 2 Strikes already and takes it to the box ( To Trial)He will be sentence to the full extent of the law.
I have seen similiar cases evolve.A guy gets into a bar fight guy hits his head after falling and dude's RESPONCIBLE EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER INTENDED TO KILL HIM HE DIED. "MANSLAUGHTER"

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 20th, 2015, 1:34 pm

3/20/15 in court

Suge Knight collapses in court, bail set at $25 million
Attachments
11024397_1392223011095628_84131558_n.jpg
11024397_1392223011095628_84131558_n.jpg (84.3 KiB) Viewed 14759 times

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » March 22nd, 2015, 8:47 am

I thought Suge was a big bad tuff guy.I guess that bail showed how much sugar he really has in his tank.lol

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 22nd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Doesnt take much courage to criticize Suge from a Computer

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » March 22nd, 2015, 2:19 pm

Truth be told,your always going to show your true colors when it comes down to reality.Personally I'm not criticizing him xxx.

I'm calling like I see it.
Courage comes from one ,when he Cowboys up for what he has done.

I done all my time for every crime I was convicted of,so I'm talking from experience.

And one does his time for his crime.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 25th, 2015, 9:35 am

Im not going to criticize the man, thats the job of the District Attorney, the Police, Victim Rights Advocates and weenies/squares ....

I dont wish Time on any man, anybody that wishes time on Suge, you know they are Police Friendly and have the characteristics and potential to be a Cooperating Informant. Its in your dna to fold under pressure and cooperate.....

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » March 25th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I personally don't wish time either on nobody.I done mine. "TIME"and it's called Man up!!!
Soldier up,if he ends doing time.

"NOT FAINTING"HE FOLDED UP UNDER PRESSURE.THATS WHAT IT IS.

I HAVE NOTHING PERSONALLY AGAINST THE MAN BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HIM... BUT I DONE 20 YEARS IN 13 PRISONS.
AND MANNED UP THROUGHOUT MY YEARS INCARCERATED...IT TAKES 20 YEARS TO BUILD A REPUTATION AND ONLY 5 MINUTES TO RUIN IT.

FAR AS IM CONCERNED HE GOT PUDDIN IN HIS PANTS.ACTIONS PROVE WHO SOMEONE IS WORDS NUST SHOW WHO THEY WANT TO BE.

IM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION AND IM NOT FOR HIM NOR AGAINST HIM.WHEN BIG TUFF GUYS COLASPE AND FAINT IN COURT IT TELLS ME WEAR HIS HEART IS REALLY AT.HE IS SOFT AS COTTON PERIOD.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 27th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Suge doing all that fainting to make the court feel he is a feeble old man and was scared. He trying to kill the image of the big bad bully. Try to get bail and show the court physically he couldn't be the aggressor. Shit is comical.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 28th, 2015, 1:33 am

[quote="rocstar"]Suge doing all that fainting to make the court feel he is a feeble old man and was scared. He trying to kill the image of the big bad bully. Try to get bail and show the court physically he couldn't be the aggressor. Shit is comical.[/quote]
That's what I was wondering.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 9th, 2015, 7:40 pm

The bail hearing

Part 1

Part 2

Press Conference with attorney matt Fletcher

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 16th, 2015, 1:57 pm

xxx wrote:Looks like Suges story pans out.....

Suge Walks.....
A firearm was NEVER brandished. It was a fist fight. Armed felons? Who was armed? Well the names of most of the people there all came out in court on Monday & today, and I highly doubt any of them were armed to do something to Suge. Terry Carter is believed to have had a gun in his car, in a brief case, but this was not uncommon for him to do. The question is did he actually have his gun in his possession. We don't know, because the gun was missing for two days before it was returned to his family. There was evidence that people went through TC car after he was taken to the hospital because it was "ransacked" but Suge's attorney is suggesting that someone removed a gun from TC in the same way that someone removed a gun from Bone.

I know that TC and Bone don't even communicate with each other. They are not friends therefore it would be impossible to even put these two guys together involved in a plot. The police also checked phone records and it confirms no calls between them.

This case is very interesting because I know that the running over of TC was an accident, but Suge running over Bone was deliberate. He also ran Bone over when he was incapacitated, not a threat, on the ground knocked out, and California law does not allow that. You can argue that someone else there was a threat to Suge, but that would be speculation. When he he hit TC on accident, it was because he was running over Bone on purpose, and that is certainly a felony, but it's not first degree murder, but I think under CA law, if you kill someone, even on accident during the course of another felony (running over Bone), then its still first degree murder.

The only way he gets off, is if you put guns and/or other deadly weapons in the hands of TC, or the others present, and that's difficult because most of those other people there were Suge's friends, his homies. I don't think he walks at all, but there are several angles that the defense will exploit and it will be up to the jury if they believe that there was a deadly threat against Suge or if it was just a fist fight.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 16th, 2015, 1:59 pm

rocstar wrote:Suge doing all that fainting to make the court feel he is a feeble old man and was scared. He trying to kill the image of the big bad bully. Try to get bail and show the court physically he couldn't be the aggressor. Shit is comical.
His bail was reduced by Judge Coen from $25 million to $10 million. He stated that the $25 million was excessive, but he was the same Judge that said $25 million was warranted 2 weeks ago.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » April 17th, 2015, 3:07 pm

For homicide investigators, Cle "Bone" Sloan was a key witness in their murder investigation of Marion "Suge" Knight. Sloan told them the onetime rap mogul had threatened to kill him immediately before running over him and another man with his truck.

But during a preliminary hearing this week, Sloan suddenly became more reticent. He refused to say Knight ran him over and insisted that he could not remember key details of the incident that left him with serious injuries and killed Terry Carter. Under questioning from prosecutors, Sloan cried on the witness stand and declared he was not a "snitch."

Despite that, a judge ruled Thursday that Knight should stand trial on murder and attempted murder charges.

But prosecutors still face an obstacle as their case heads to trial: Dealing with a reluctant witness.

CAPTION'Suge' Knight ordered to stand trial

'Suge' Knight ordered to stand trial

Witness says he won't 'snitch' on 'Suge' Knight

Suge Knight fires attorney

Former rap mogul Suge Knight collapses after bail hearing

Judge raises Suge Knight's bail to $25 million

Sloan's testimony highlights what legal experts say is a frequent occurrence in the justice system as witnesses insist they have forgotten what they saw or change their stories. Some recant out of fear of retaliation, but experts say others are motivated by a powerful unwritten code against cooperating with police and prosecutors.

Recantations are particularly common in cases where witnesses, the accused or both have gang affiliations — and occur even when witnesses are no longer living the gang lifestyle or are called to testify against members of rival gangs.

Prosecutors have long used a reliable strategy for dealing with witnesses who recant, a problem that is so common that it has become "just part of the fabric of the system," former Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley said.

lRelatedL.A. NOW'Suge' Knight appears in court on robbery charges, fires attorneySEE ALL RELATED

One of the prosecutors in Knight's case adopted the method during the preliminary hearing when she read aloud the transcript of Sloan's interview with investigators and played a recording of his statement for the judge.

Her approach dates back decades and has proven highly effective, Cooley said.

In legal circles, the process is called "greening" a witness, named for the 1970 U.S. Supreme Court decision in California vs. Green that allowed lawyers to admit previous statements a witness made into evidence if they conflict with the witness' testimony. The tactic has played key roles in domestic violence cases in which victims deny previously telling police that they were abused, as well as in gang-related prosecutions.

'I'm no snitch': Witness at Marion 'Suge' Knight murder case hearing

"This is going to sound crazy, but I would rather they lie at trial," said Dana Orent, a former detective for the Pasadena Police Department who now testifies as a gang expert in court. "If he goes up there and lies and then you play the tape, then wow, it's so much more powerful."

In the Knight case, prosecutors are dealing with an unusual witness who has openly campaigned against gang violence but continues to have strong ties and influence in the gang world.

Sloan — who had acting roles in the movies "Training Day" and "End of Watch" — also directed and narrated the 2005 HBO documentary "Bastards of the Party," an oral history of gang violence in L.A. In the film, Sloan says that his father died when he was 4 and that he joined the Athens Park Bloods at 12 or 13.

In 2007, Sloan told NPR that his straddling of the gang and activist worlds requires a delicate balance.

cCommentsADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

"I want to keep all my credibility," Sloan said. "I want to keep my social ties.... I just don't break the law."

Surveillance footage from a security camera at Tam's Burgers in Compton shows Knight's truck plowing into Sloan and Carter. Sloan, 51, suffered serious injuries to his legs and head.

Sloan's attorney, Stephen Bernard, said he thinks his client believes the video is powerful enough evidence against Knight in the murder case and is upset prosecutors called him to testify.

"He just didn't want to be known as someone who is working for prosecutors or the police," Bernard said, "when in his mind there was no need to do this."

Alex Alonso, a gang expert who runs the website Streetgangs.com, said he's known Sloan for two decades and believes his reluctance to testify is not about fear but principle.

Surveillance video shows deadly Suge Knight incident in Compton

"He's not scared of the ramifications," Alonso said. "It's just not in his DNA to do it."

An aversion to snitching is far from unique to gangs, Alonso said. Members of many groups — including law enforcement — bristle at the idea of tattling or whistle-blowing, he said.

"It goes back to our childhood," he said, "This is human nature."

Sloan told detectives that earlier on the day of the killing he had asked Knight to leave the set of a commercial for "Straight Outta Compton," a biopic about the pioneering gangsta-rap group NWA.

In court, Sloan denied telling Knight to leave the set.

He told investigators that he confronted Knight later at the burger stand and punched him. During the fight, he said, Knight told him he would kill him.

Sloan testified he may have embellished what he told detectives and, under questioning by Knight's attorney, said he was not saying that Knight ran him over.

Knight's lawyer, Matthew Fletcher, argued that Sloan and several other men attacked his client and Knight acted in self-defense.

"There is no intent to kill," Fletcher said. "Mr. Sloan is without question the initial and consistent aggressor." Deputy Dist. Atty. Cynthia Barnes noted that the surveillance video captures Knight's truck backing up over Sloan and then pulling forward, driving over Sloan again, and fatally striking Carter.

Superior Court Judge Ronald Coen said Knight's actions didn't look like an attempt to escape but "an attempt to murder."

The judge ruled there was enough evidence for Knight to stand trial — but not enough, he said, to justify Knight's $25-million bail. He lowered the amount to $10 million and scheduled Knight's arraignment for April 30.
@1 wrote:
> [quote="rocstar"]Suge doing all that fainting to make the court feel he is a feeble
> old man and was scared. He trying to kill the image of the big bad bully. Try
> to get bail and show the court physically he couldn't be the aggressor. Shit is
> comical.[/quote]
>
> His bail was reduced by Judge Coen from $25 million to $10 million. He stated that
> the $25 million was excessive, but he was the same Judge that said $25 million was
> warranted 2 weeks ago.