I'm From Piru Crip

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

I'm From Piru Crip

Unread post by LionTheOracle » September 17th, 2017, 11:53 pm

Bodacious was incarcerated with YA while the Crip and Piru truce was still in affect. He had as many Mona Park Crip friends as he did Piru friends. He was one of two members of the Piru St. Gang who referred to themselves effectively as Piru Crip. Once released he had no idea the truce had been broken for 2 years.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: I'm From Piru Crip

Unread post by bgcasper » September 18th, 2017, 2:30 am

ok that piru crip was on the inside than

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

1980 -- highest murder rate in LA history

Unread post by TheAngels » September 21st, 2017, 3:16 pm

According to statistics, 1980 had the highest homicide rate in LA history, with 32.4 murders per 100,000 people. Compared to now, which is just over 6 murders per 100,000 people. Imagine 5 times the murders happening today...

What social dynamics were going on at the time that made that time period in LA so violent? Because to my knowledge, crack didn't hit LA until a few years later.

And gang warfare to my knowledge didn't really hit its peak until the late 80's to early 90's.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: 1980 -- highest murder rate in LA history

Unread post by TheAngels » September 21st, 2017, 3:18 pm

^Posted in the wrong thread...

Meant to write:

I knew Piru was originally allied/affiliated with Crips, but had no idea some Pirus were claiming Crip.

TheAngels wrote:According to statistics, 1980 had the highest homicide rate in LA history, with 32.4 murders per 100,000 people. Compared to now, which is just over 6 murders per 100,000 people. Imagine 5 times the murders happening today...

What social dynamics were going on at the time that made that time period in LA so violent? Because to my knowledge, crack didn't hit LA until a few years later.

And gang warfare to my knowledge didn't really hit its peak until the late 80's to early 90's.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Re: 1980 -- highest murder rate in LA history

Unread post by ViciousRidah » September 22nd, 2017, 8:28 am

TheAngels wrote:According to statistics, 1980 had the highest homicide rate in LA history, with 32.4 murders per 100,000 people. Compared to now, which is just over 6 murders per 100,000 people. Imagine 5 times the murders happening today...

Naw actually Crack has been on technically on the streets in LA since 78, but people started to really get arrested for it in the early 80s according to reports.