Big L - New York rapper RIP

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Big L - New York rapper RIP

Unread post by OziHomie » December 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm

I regarded Big L as one of the best rappers who never made it big .. i heard he was mates with Jay Z and had quite a rep .. but as i live in australia cant get much info on this guy .. if anyone can fill me in on who he was, his life and how he died i would appreciate it .. i listen to his music often .. love his song put it on and how will i make it .. play them over n over ... sad that he isnt around any more seems like a real champ .. if anyone knows much about this cat please let me know .. cheers

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Re: Big L - New York rapper RIP

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 25th, 2017, 8:17 pm

He got shot in the face like 9 times.

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 25th, 2017, 8:47 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:He got shot in the face like 9 times.
woah... thats terrible... someone really had it in for him it seems ... even by any gang parlance shot in the face 9 times is clearly some kind of message ... he seemed like such a nice kinda guy his clip for put it on showed his humor but i didnt think he was caught up in any hardcore gangsterism he came off as just a nice kinda guy .. i know he did have gang relations and a history but as i said cant seem to find much info on him .. bit shocked by what u just discolosed .. dang

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 26th, 2017, 6:08 pm

found out a bit of info today ... didnt realise theres a fair bit on youtube about this .. big l was just about to sign with jay z, he had rapped with fat joe mase cam ron lord finesse had originally signed him and word is he was the best rapper in harlem .. many say he was doper than biggie and i believe it .. his death is a mystery although the dude accused of killing him got killed soon after but its all murky .. no one was ever convicted of his death .. and theres all kinds of theories and conspiracy theories on youtube about his death.. for one camron was mates with big l's killer and went ot his funeral apparently.. but i think someone is making a documentary about the whole situation so i will look out for it was supposed ot drop in 2016.. not sure if its out yet .. anyway rip big l... i recon he would've been as big as tupac in a fresh prince kinda way but this dude was definately going place till he got cut short..

LionTheOracle
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by LionTheOracle » December 27th, 2017, 1:57 am

The guy arrested for killing Big L was killed last year shot in the head at age 46 in Harlem which was a friend of Big L's coincidentally

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 28th, 2017, 10:11 am

LionTheOracle wrote:The guy arrested for killing Big L was killed last year shot in the head at age 46 in Harlem which was a friend of Big L's coincidentally
yeah i heard that too ... apparently he was after big l's older brother couldnt find him so he shot big l instead... doesnt add up to me tho ..