BLYTHE STREET HISTORY

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
REEBOK

BLYTHE STREET HISTORY

Unread post by REEBOK » July 10th, 2009, 4:26 pm

?

SHYSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: BLYTHE STREET HISTORY

Unread post by SHYSTER » July 30th, 2009, 11:40 pm

Heard they started as a football team in the 70's. Main rival has always been Barrio Van Nuys. Valerio St used to get along with BVN until some drama went down in the mid 80's and they clicked up with Blythe. They would always do jales together on their rivals. Blythe used to be barricaded and a lot of people got shot up taking a wrong turn in there. They gained their fame in the early 90's but have died out since the gang injunction. Not as deep as they once were.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » August 4th, 2009, 12:11 am

didnt they beef with lmp and suicidal?

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » August 4th, 2009, 12:58 am

Blythe was started in the Sonora desert by los Yaqui indian named "two bears fucking" while his vieja was out headhunting for rattle snakes but decided to chop up some limestone and dirt and mix it w/ ketchup and smear it all over her husbands butt hole...

Then these gringos from streetgangs.com came by and were amazed but offended b/c there was none left for them so they decided to put mace on their face and jack off in a bush of thorns while rubbing their bellys w/ yaqui sperm singing "cumbaya" dreaming of naked cholos dancing around a christmas tree wearing nothing but a apron and a hair net...

Finally this all came to a head when the oldest meanest nastiest most hard core vato named los "sperm eater" came forward and gathered all his men and said, "suck me beautiful." All these drunk, no job, high cheek bone, long haired, res living bums then formed a gang and called themselves blythe street burros and the name stuck...

That is how blythe came to be known...

Now shut it and bend over and take it like a man...NO vaseline!! :o

REEBOK

Unread post by REEBOK » August 4th, 2009, 9:58 am

i dont know but this morphidite named hiloboy started a gang called BLIND STREET , it all came to be in 82 when he was eating out the cornholio of a buddist monk named raji not knowing that monk had ate 11 tacos of adobada & 7 de tripa 5 minutes before - 1st weird smell was released up into hiloboys somoan nostros 2nd a weird green liquid was released onto hilos toungue 3rd he felt pressure building in the monks buttcheeks and last but not least 4th kaboom mother f uckers guess who stepped in the room - the biggest serote known to man decked hilo in both his eyes leaving him blind thus the gang was created blind st now him and his seeing eye dog rep from azuza to his settlement while singing all eyes on me.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » September 7th, 2009, 2:44 pm

SHYSTER wrote:Heard they started as a football team in the 70's. Main rival has always been Barrio Van Nuys. Valerio St used to get along with BVN until some drama went down in the mid 80's and they clicked up with Blythe. They would always do jales together on their rivals. Blythe used to be barricaded and a lot of people got shot up taking a wrong turn in there. They gained their fame in the early 90's but have died out since the gang injunction. Not as deep as they once were.
i thought blythe street was older than the 70's?

i heard they formed a long time ago to protect themselves against varrio san fer. (back then san fer claimed or tried to claim all of san fernando valley)

but yeah their main enemies is bvn. i use to go to van nuys high in the 90's.

they're tight with valerio street. i seem to remember they were tight with langdon street too. don't know if that changed.

you're right about their hood being barricaded back in the days. it use to be a dead end and the bst use to have old couches on the side of the street and if someone made a mistake and rolled in they'd pull all those couches in the middle of the street and trap them. the city has cleaned up that area a lot though.

btw guys the threadstarter is talking about panorama city blythe street in the san fernando valley. not the other blythe gang.

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » September 8th, 2009, 12:17 am

Yeah I dont think BST gets along w/ Langdon...I knew a couple guys that stayed out there in the valley and they said that Blythe St didnt get along w/ alot of hoods out there.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » September 14th, 2009, 3:20 am

advocate wrote:Yeah I dont think BST gets along w/ Langdon...I knew a couple guys that stayed out there in the valley and they said that Blythe St didnt get along w/ alot of hoods out there.
hmmm.....i thought they got along with langdon.

or was it columbus street?

been a while. i thought back then blythe/valerio/langdon got along. could have been blythe/valerio/columbus though.

can't remember.

i know blythe and valerio use to go to monroe high school way back (before they opened the panorama high school) and monroe is in langdon st. neighborhood.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » October 18th, 2009, 9:49 am

I COME FRUM BACK IN the DAY IM A 80'S BABY AND BLYTHE WAS KNOWN FOR the WEED SPOT AND WHAT MADE SO BURNT THERE WAS ONE WAY IN AND ONE WAY OUT

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 24th, 2009, 9:19 pm

DON'T KNOW NADA ABOUT COLUMBUS OR LANGDON..
BACK THEN IT WAS SEPAS 13
~> BLYTHE WAS IN THE MAP IN THE 70s!!!

Going at it with SAN FER, Be Ve aN y PACAS

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » October 29th, 2009, 9:20 am

Lonewolf wrote:DON'T KNOW NADA ABOUT COLUMBUS OR LANGDON..

THEY STILL GO AT IT

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » November 4th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Blythe St doesnt get along with Langdon St.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » December 28th, 2009, 9:19 am

Lonewolf wrote:DON'T KNOW NADA ABOUT COLUMBUS OR LANGDON..

COLOMBUS USED TO KICK with the KITCHEN CRIPS IN the BACK DAYS SO THEY SSTARETED ASS CRIPS SHIT BACK INTHA EVERY BOBY WANTED 2 BE A CRIP IN the VALLEY WE KEPT IT SOLID BACK IN the DAYS WEARN RED IN the VALLEY U ONLY SAW NIGGAS the FRUM the FUNK PANORAMA WAS FULL OF CRIPS THEY HAD A SPOT CALL the NEW JACKS

PAYASO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PAYASO » December 30th, 2009, 12:41 am

THATS TRUE HOMIE,PANORAMA CITY HAD ALOT OF CRIPS.SOME LIVED THERE AND SOME JUST KICKED IT OUT THERE.I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAYS,I KNEW SEVERAL CRIPS FROM DIFFERENT SETS OUT THERE,ALOT FROM FRONT STREET.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » January 12th, 2010, 1:07 pm

PAYASO wrote:THATS TRUE HOMIE,PANORAMA CITY HAD ALOT OF CRIPS.SOME LIVED THERE AND SOME JUST KICKED IT OUT THERE.I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAYS,I KNEW SEVERAL CRIPS FROM DIFFERENT SETS OUT THERE,ALOT FROM FRONT STREET.
VLSC FSC EC BUT NOW NONE OF THEM GET ALONG

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » January 23rd, 2010, 2:31 am

Does Blythe St have beef with Pacoima Pirus? I know they dont get along with hoods in Pacoima so does that include the Pirus as well?

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » January 25th, 2010, 2:06 pm

advocate wrote:Does Blythe St have beef with Pacoima Pirus? I know they dont get along with hoods in Pacoima so does that include the Pirus as well?
YES SIR REMEMBER WE HAVE the NAME PAKOIMA WE GOT the BEEF WHEN WE TOOK THE NAME WE ARE the ONLY BLACKS THAT CLAIM the PACK

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 25th, 2010, 11:06 am

andrew wrote:didnt they beef with lmp and suicidal?
They beefed with FFF - Fight For Freedom - The main punker gang in the SFV back in the 80's.

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » June 10th, 2018, 12:57 pm

judastaugamma i can add something to help you with your question:
i thought blythe street was older than the 70's? i heard they formed a long time ago to protect themselves against varrio san fer. (back then san fer claimed or tried to claim all of san fernando valley) but yeah their main enemies is bvn. i use to go to van nuys high in the 90's.
Most of us lived in apartments on Blythe and heard there had been an older varrio in a distant past. However, when we ran Blythe street there was no gang there and no one knew anyone who had been connected with an earlier 1960s varrio. If there had been one, they were gone years before. Then around 1974-75 we started tagging VPC and BST. Someone here suggested that it had been a "football club" and as much as I like the sound of that it isn't correct.

Most of us even at 13 or 14 years old hung out sometimes at a bar at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd and Blythe called the "Chevy Ho." It was across from the GM plant and that's where it got the name. We'd roll in there and sit at the bar and drink beer and smoke, and no one carded us or kicked us out. At that time, Langdon and Sepas and Reseda didn't have much presence. It was all about BVN and Delano Street Boys. That is mainly what pushed us to start Blythe because it seemed like everywhere I went we were hit up by the Delano Boys, and it got... tiresome.

Later, a couple 18streeters showed up out of nowhere it seemed, and tried to take over the street. This got Clanton involved, and some of us were tight with Clanton from their 4th n'brhd in North Hollywood. It's kind of a long story but maybe I filled in some details to help with your history of Blythe and VPC

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm

That's a trip, never heard that before about PC and Blythe being started by NSC14ST. I was up schooling in van nuys and north hollywood back from 77-79 and i know blythe street was already established and banging, so it's a trip that they would of been already banging with their own name during those same years that C14 was creating them???

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » June 10th, 2018, 7:07 pm

Lonewolf,

i get kind of wordy and didn't want to take up too much space but I'll clarify this. It was not NS C14 (there was no north side Clanton but there was a north side diesiocho in San Fernando Valley North Hills area). However, west side 18th street started hanging in the middle of our BST neighborhood, and a few of our homies such as myself were tight with West Side Clantoneros from the 4th and 3rd neighborhoods (North Hollywood and East Hollywood).

You know what happens when old school Clanton and diesiocho show up at the same parties right? It's burning the candle at both ends: You get a lot of light.

Clanton backed us up but in fairness so did these 18streeters when BVN came around. There was a lot of chaos then, even as we were just starting VPC and Blythe. This was around 1975-76 when we went from a small group of neighborhood friends with relatives in other gangs such as Barrio Canoga and San Fer, just starting our own clique on Blythe, and then almost overnight it seemed like we had west side 18th street and then west side Clanton at each other on our street. And through this we always were vigilant because Delano Boys and BVN had us in their sights.

What confuses gang historians I think is that we tagged placas of everyone who backed us up. Since we were ramping up VPC and BST while we were running with Clanton, the result was a lot of west side C14st placas together with BST all over the area. And most of us who were there at the start finally went to Clanton but we supported the little homies coming up who inherited the varrio (PC) and Blythe Street.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 11th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Orale, I'm learning from you, ey but back when i was up there there was a north side clanton before they switched back to west side because they did not the 14 and North Side in their name on account of the sureno politics. Homeboy from Clanton on the brown kingdom gave that spill, and also, i was around with a lot of those 18 streeters when the tiny vets where still west side but then the north side was created and the tiny vets went NS and dropped the WS. This was all in those years that i was up there, and i hadn't even heard of langdon - only SEPAS, they were around. Anyways, that's how i remember it.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 12th, 2018, 12:17 pm

ThumperNumber1 wrote:Lonewolf,

i get kind of wordy and didn't want to take up too much space but I'll clarify this. It was not NS C14 (there was no north side Clanton but there was a north side diesiocho in San Fernando Valley North Hills area). However, west side 18th street started hanging in the middle of our BST neighborhood, and a few of our homies such as myself were tight with West Side Clantoneros from the 4th and 3rd neighborhoods (North Hollywood and East Hollywood).

You know what happens when old school Clanton and diesiocho show up at the same parties right? It's burning the candle at both ends: You get a lot of light.

Clanton backed us up but in fairness so did these 18streeters when BVN came around. There was a lot of chaos then, even as we were just starting VPC and Blythe. This was around 1975-76 when we went from a small group of neighborhood friends with relatives in other gangs such as Barrio Canoga and San Fer, just starting our own clique on Blythe, and then almost overnight it seemed like we had west side 18th street and then west side Clanton at each other on our street. And through this we always were vigilant because Delano Boys and BVN had us in their sights.

What confuses gang historians I think is that we tagged placas of everyone who backed us up. Since we were ramping up VPC and BST while we were running with Clanton, the result was a lot of west side C14st placas together with BST all over the area. And most of us who were there at the start finally went to Clanton but we supported the little homies coming up who inherited the varrio (PC) and Blythe Street.
ese thumper, keep it going with the history, i'm down for that cheit., nevermind me, i just spit cheit out from the way i saw things, i was young back then, didn't know a lot and still don't, so spill the beans jelly bean, you where there, so i'm all ears on what you got to educate us on., orale

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » June 12th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Lonewolf,

I appreciate learning what you remember and the added color you shared. Sounds like you came up after I was there, the next generation. You're making me think hard to remember details. This is good. You're right about Langdon not being around. I misspoke when I said there wasn't much heard about Langdon Street, only Sepas and Reseda 13 as new varrios in that part of the Valley because I don't think I remember Langdon at that time and only heard of them some time later.

You see people asking about the history of their varrio where they grew up and they can't find anyone who remembers or who was around. This is what I've seen with people passing along stories and rumors about Blythe Street and VPC. I think I owe it to anyone who wants to know this so I'm putting it up here.

Some may wonder how Clanton ever became involved when Blythe started out. Like most of us kids on Blythe Street, we went to Fulton Jr High. Some of us were kicked out of Fulton. I was marched out in handcuffs for a minor offense and told I would be transferred to a school in North Hollywood. Before long we had a group forming in the neighborhood around the school and we called this the Dragons neighborhood (total cornball scenario, but we liked Bruce Lee and that's how we thought back then). There was a miniature golf park and we made that our main place to meet. We were kids so we could only be cool at a place that had pinball machines and miniature golf, not at a swanky disco club.

Things were fine for awhile and then we had unwanted attention from a white gang called the "Mothertruckers" and from crips bused into school from Inglewood or South LA. Some Dragons homeboys had friends in West Side Clanton's 4th and 3rd neighborhoods. I say "4th and 3rd neighborhoods" in this order because we thought of them in terms of distance from us in the Valley: First you reach the 4th neighborhood, and then you can continue toward West LA through the 3rd neighborhood at Lemon Grove Park, and then keep going to the 2nd (Pico and Union) and then finally the 1st neighborhood at 14st and Hill Street. These have all changed over the years, but that's how it was in the early 1970s.

There was a North Hollywood car club called the Brown Derbys that backed us up against the Mothertruckers, and Clanton showed support for us as well. My friends around the Blythe street neighborhood started hanging out with Tiny Locos from WS Clanton 3rd neighborhood in Hollywood at Lemon Grove Park. We rode the bus because we had cars to drive only when we could find one that could have its ignition popped with a screwdriver (cars that could be hot wired this way are another bit of trivia from that ancient time in the early '70s).

Clanton Dukes and Tiny Locos came to party and hang out with us on Blythe Street. This was around 1974-75. We left the Dragons to spin off and keep with it if they wanted, and those of us on Blythe started tagging Varrio Panorama City and Blythe Street,,, BST

Then 18th street was there every day when one them had a girlfriend who lived on Blythe. You can see how complex this became in a short time. Diesiocho had a long history with Clanton that goes back to the 1930s. My friends from Clanton were around occasionally, and they didn't care about BVN or the Delano Boys but they were not Okay with diesiocho lurking around the neighborhood. However, the 18streeters were at it heavy with BVN. There were fights between them at the popular disco club on Van Nuys Boulevard near Delano Street (that's how ancient this is, there were discos).

Within a short time, BVN associated our fledgling BST clique with those guys from diesiocho. Also Blythe Street isn't too far from Delano Street and we had encounters that didn't help this. Pretty much every time we were out they hit us up and you know how that goes.

This created conflict between Clanton, 18th street, and BVN in and around Blythe Street. At first, we got along with both 18street and of course Clanton, but there was pressure from these different sides. Eventually some of us moved to North Hollywood and went with Clanton even as we continued supporting our Blythe Street homeboys and homegirls. Many considered Blythe almost as a 5th neighborhood for awhile but this didn't get traction and it held together without much changing. That part of Van Nuys Boulevard and all the streets on both sides had only C14 and VPC BST tagged everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if mine are there under many years and generations of paint and stucco.

Many of us were in and out of juvenile rehabilitation. After being expelled from three high schools, I dropped out at 15 and lied about my age to work for a trucking company. Then I was "exiled" and sent away to another state where I was placed in school and got into sports. I eventually took college courses and continued in sociology. It isn't easy being around rich kids who have no clue what barrio life is. Even worse is playing varsity football and wrestling after years age 11-16 chain smoking and drinking Mad Dog 20-20. But I coughed and vomited every practice and during running drills until the toxins were (most) out. I punched through it, I think, because of those early challenges as it gave me resilience or grit.

When I returned to Blythe Street for a reunion years later at a homeboy's apartment, the clique had momentum and was rolling full speed. I saw how it had grown and developed within a relatively short time. From what you said about your experience and Blythe Street in the late '70s, my guess is that is around the time you became familiar with how it appeared in the late 70s and early 80s.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 13th, 2018, 3:38 am

orale simon, those be the years., firme break down., ey so you got into clanton but still kool with blythe, so do the two varrios still get along?

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » June 14th, 2018, 11:30 am

I've been back to Blythe over the years and haven't seen placas with C14 anywhere around. I was in Clanton's 4th neighborhood and talked to young homies I met on the street who gave me the skinny on their veteranos who I knew. There wasn't any clue about those early connections between the neighborhoods.

People come and go, and there's always competition. If they knew their own history, my guess is they'd have a commitment to that even when it got rough.

There was a social worker at the Van Nuys YMCA, Joel Juntilla,,, he knew us from the beginning when VPC and Blythe Street clique was starting. We'd stop by to see him because he was a super smart super cool guy who did a lot of good. He talked us through it many times when our dumb happy asses were reckless. After I was sent away, remembering Joel's advice and others like him is what made a difference going forward.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 14th, 2018, 5:51 pm

so straighten me out on this, so you and your young homies started the Varrio Panorama City in 1975/76 and Blythe Street was the clique? , or was it two (2) varrios, VPC and C14 with Blythe street was the mutual clique? I'm not getting how it was with VPC & BST ???

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » June 15th, 2018, 1:07 am

Lonewolf,

This was long ago so call out details ese and bring it to light for accuracy.

Blythe was our neighborhood where we lived but we started tagging VPC. We were a clique, whether or not it was recognized by anyone then, and we tagged BST along with VPC. This was our varrio and Blythe Street was our clique. Some of our homies threw placas with only VPC, and they didn't see why we'd throw up Blythe Street too. We were from Panorama City and I saw how VPC is a varrio for Blythe Street, but it seemed to me that our varrio was Blythe Street. Others insisted on VPC with Blythe its clique. This was how we argued about it.

Through this time we were getting hit up by BVN and it was west side diesiocho that drew them into our street. The 18street vato pulled a cuete on a guy from BVN at the disco "My Uncles," and this kind of started all of the attention BVN gave Blythe. This 18streeter had a girlfriend on our street and started hanging around. For awhile, BVN had petho with him, not us, not yet anyway.

But someone else could have a different view and claim that we brought attention from BVN. We were kids, none of us older than 16, but the 18th street vato was a former marine, and the BVN eses were all older. We were kids fighting men. They were all outsiders to us.

Within a short time our friends from Clanton saw diesiocho on Blythe Street and they gave this more attention. This was uncomfortable because we had Clanton who backed us up when we (some of us) were Dragons in North Hollywood as I explained earlier, and diesiocho was there at the same time at parties or on the street.

At this early phase, BST and VPC had no traction. We tagged and backed up our neighborhood, we even had rucas who wanted to hang with us and be our homegirls. But like I said, we were junior high school kids challenged by hardened veteranos from the Valley's oldest neighborhoods. This scattered us in the early days and months, and Clanton was there to back us up. It was not a varrio for Blythe Street, as much as many of us went to Clanton Tiny Locos while we stayed with our brothers and sisters who were coming up and backing up VPC and Blythe Street.

We still lived on Blythe and hung out there after moving away. This is why for a short time some of us referred to it as Clanton's 5th n'brhd and this is also why the original Blythe Street clique was Tiny Locos as that is what we threw in our placas.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2018, 4:27 am

What happened to Delano Street Boys?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 4th, 2018, 1:05 am

BVN original cliques include Delano Boys, Dukes, and Cruisers. Then they had other cliques like Jokers, Pobres, Pequenos, Traviesos, Cyclones, Counts, Delano St, and Pee Wees. Tiny Locos was another click that got extinct in the mid 90's because the youngsters weren’t cutting it. They let these other gangs establish in VN cause they didn't see them as threats. A few fools from Crooks and VSLS ended up getting into BVN. Even Valerio used to be real tight with BVN before the beef started popping off. Spider from Valerio had two sisters from BVN. My homeboy's older brothers were from VST and BVN.[/quote] ~> Former Gangster

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » July 14th, 2018, 2:18 am

in ancient times, looking through the mists of history, BVN had one clique: Delano Street Boys. When we started tagging BST around our neighborhood on Blythe and all over Panorama City, the Delano Boys were there hitting us up and this made us drill down. Sometimes we went to Sun Valley with those vatos from Sol Trece. Then there was Pacoima Trece at it with San Fer. And Pacoima Flats. We had family in those neighborhoods too. Some of Blythe Street's founders started with Varrio Canoga and San Fer, as well as Clanton, and a homeboy from the East Side Dukes, La Puente. More than others, this vato from ESD was our good homie and we ramped up Blythe with him all over the east Valley. This was 1975-77

ThumperNumber1

Unread post by ThumperNumber1 » September 15th, 2018, 2:00 am

LoneWolf, yes I remember these BVN cliques and you know it well. Jokers, Cylcones, Pee Wees. Tiny Locos was from Clanton on Blythe, as I explained, and BVN didn't have any clique with that name then, only C14 . Tiny Locos on Blythe at that time

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”