Hispanic Gangs in Compton in 1978

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Hispanic Gangs in Compton in 1978

Unread post by bgcasper » March 11th, 2011, 2:52 am

other interesting point yall have to remember the 78 era was before eazy e so the city of compton was not known for being the guetto back than
thats why a gang of north cpt hood dont even claim the city them boys be inside compton boundary yellin watts its like them fox nowaday yellin compton in colton ...
on the vato side boyle height flat land was the mecca so them vatos importing that east los version of t flat had no cpt proud but got directly into it with local gangs
la tres la 5 largo 36 r compton born i think the oldest is la tres

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Yohann » March 11th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Hi Kim,

I talked to an OG from Largo a couple of weeks ago. I showed him this map, and he told me that TF has never been in Largo's turf, that's to say between Willowbrook and Alameda. I saw another map that was done in 1987, and TF was actually located North of Rosecrans, but West of Willowbrook, exactly where the Locos are today. Somebody also told me that the Locos may be a broke off of the TF. What do you think?

Also, the OG from Largo told me that they were created in 1948, which made of them the first Latino gang in CPT.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 13th, 2011, 12:15 am

yessai yohan tru shit largo 36 stand 4 compton finest and u rite but when i was young so from the 80's they was in the apartment bordering the west of the traccs
but when i came back in the 90's they was all over down town and also was runnin a small hood east of willobrook all thee east 100 elm up to under the bridge than u have that street west of tamarind that end with a long flat and the street end there mullburry street or sum shit like that so they was pushing a lil north of the crans on the east side too just bordering largo and that was a hot spot in the 90's they was sharring that hood with fruit town like most of their hood like the douglass appartment ...seems they are more on magnolia and lynwood nowadays they still have a hot feud with ttp and their homie hamer got killed by ...

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » March 13th, 2011, 7:58 am

Yohann wrote:Hi Kim,

I talked to an OG from Largo a couple of weeks ago. I showed him this map, and he told me that TF has never been in Largo's turf, that's to say between Willowbrook and Alameda. I saw another map that was done in 1987, and TF was actually located North of Rosecrans, but West of Willowbrook, exactly where the Locos are today. Somebody also told me that the Locos may be a broke off of the TF. What do you think?

Also, the OG from Largo told me that they were created in 1948, which made of them the first Latino gang in CPT.
you took a flicc of that map from 87 ?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » March 13th, 2011, 8:18 am

[quote="bgcasper"]yessai yohan tru shit largo 36 stand 4 compton finest and u rite but when i was young so from the 80's they was in the apartment bordering the west of the traccs
but when i came back in the 90's they was all over down town and also was runnin a small hood east of willobrook all thee east 100 elm up to under the bridge than u have that street west of tamarind that end with a long flat and the street end there mullburry street or sum shit like that so they was pushing a lil north of the crans on the east side too just bordering largo and that was a hot spot in the 90's they was sharring that hood with fruit town like most of their hood like the douglass appartment ...seems they are more on magnolia and lynwood nowadays they still have a hot feud with ttp and their homie hamer got killed by ...[/quote]i was refering to old scholl tf they had a street north of the cranz east of the tracc mullburry not sur bout the st name tho

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 4th, 2011, 3:50 pm

CV wise I think it's very accurate. All other CV hoods were created in the early to mid 80's. Maybe more like late 80's when they got strong enough to be rivals to the original CV's and u could really call them a gang. The only Other CV I thought would be there is CVS but I guess they wasn't up yet.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » April 6th, 2011, 10:55 am

What's interesting is the only areas where it has "crips" is where Lantana blocc and Nutty blocc are. But in Nutty blocc only from Central Ave to Northwood Ave and their calling it "The Block Crips". And in Lantana (present day RSH but used to be all Lantana) they calling it "The Crip hole". I wonder if these were the first areas to claim crip of course Spook town crip also SPook town is overlooked alot I think they might be one of the original black gangs in Compton. And I wonder of Nutty Blocc was the first "Block" gang. I do know that nutty blocc had early connections to watts. Alot of people living in nutty blocc originally came from watts. I heard some used to claim a watts gang in nutty before nutty was formed and consolidated the whole of the present day nutty blocc

Someone mentioned "Jardin" in Compton that they heard of it being there back in the day. A few years ago I saw some "Jardin 13", "J13" graffiti in Compton around Alondra and Long Beach Blvd. East of Long Beach Blvd and North of Alondra. I thought it was just some transplants temporarily claiming that area. I didn't see any CV or Compton shit hit up.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » April 6th, 2011, 11:34 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:What's interesting is the only areas where it has "crips" is where Lantana blocc and Nutty blocc are. But in Nutty blocc only from Central Ave to Northwood Ave and their calling it "The Block Crips". And in Lantana (present day RSH but used to be all Lantana) they calling it "The Crip hole". I wonder if these were the first areas to claim crip of course Spook town crip also SPook town is overlooked alot I think they might be one of the original black gangs in Compton. And I wonder of Nutty Blocc was the first "Block" gang. I do know that nutty blocc had early connections to watts. Alot of people living in nutty blocc originally came from watts. I heard some used to claim a watts gang in nutty before nutty was formed and consolidated the whole of the present day nutty blocc

Someone mentioned "Jardin" in Compton that they heard of it being there back in the day. A few years ago I saw some "Jardin 13", "J13" graffiti in Compton around Alondra and Long Beach Blvd. East of Long Beach Blvd and North of Alondra. I thought it was just some transplants temporarily claiming that area. I didn't see any CV or Compton shit hit up.
Do you know if this has to do with the present day nutty compton and nuthood watts gangs put together?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 15th, 2011, 2:07 am

On the far right it says "Zones"?. Is that Twilight Zone CC?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California

Unread post by alexalonso » April 29th, 2011, 5:37 pm

bgcasper wrote:this map seems all good cause its exactly were t flat was before the locos their og hood so that must be accurate also tf dont put cv cause of their firts generation not being from compton but east los but that concept faded out quikly as soon as banger jump in compton joined that got erased but yall have to know that acording to some locos was an out of compton gang just like flats and got even brought in compton to back the flats against largos historykly the flats was the one cool with blacks and largo were the first to beef and drop body against jordan down back in 80's ...strange a gang of big hood missing the tanas car ??? most south cpt from ad to scc was under grandees influence as far as crippin those were the ogs but they seems to focus on vatos on that map and they was the major cpt gangs before funky 80's
I was curious why Tortilla Flats were mapped in that area near Largo, but are you sure that they had that area back in the 1970s?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 15th, 2011, 2:06 am

[quote="alexalonso"][quote="bgcasper"]this map seems all good cause its exactly were t flat was before the locos their og hood so that must be accurate also tf dont put cv cause of their firts generation not being from compton but east los but that concept faded out quikly as soon as banger jump in compton joined that got erased but yall have to know that acording to some locos was an out of compton gang just like flats and got even brought in compton to back the flats against largos historykly the flats was the one cool with blacks and largo were the first to beef and drop body against jordan down back in 80's ...strange a gang of big hood missing the tanas car ??? most south cpt from ad to scc was under grandees influence as far as crippin those were the ogs but they seems to focus on vatos on that map and they was the major cpt gangs before funky 80's[/quote]

I was curious why Tortilla Flats were mapped in that area near Largo, but are you sure that they had that area back in the 1970s?[/quote]yeah the flats on the west side of the tracc thats their old hood and north of them u had cv3 they tf are the one who gave locos a pass in compton in order to fight against cv largo when they started beefing with locos they had to fly out of douglass and all the apartment north of rosecranz execpt in the gonzales park area were they had few cliks north of cranz and the flat on largo side so they had few lil hood were ftp had cliccs them vatos was so close to the bloods they use to flame

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 28th, 2011, 9:08 am

i do think yeah cause nayborhood watts claimed nutt hood so their compton blocc would logically be called nutty the grandees was not only located inside grandees sam was from the farm roscoe the ville ect ect

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » September 24th, 2011, 6:39 pm

The gang booklet I posted from 1982 lists CV Magnolia and CV Homeboys. Could they have been around in '78?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 25th, 2011, 1:29 pm

alexalonso wrote:I found an old map of gangs in 1978 in LA COUnty and in Compton this is what is on the map:

- Largo
- Tortilla Flats
- CV 70 Setentas (2 separate varrios)
- CV 3 (2 separate varrios)

Only two of the neighborhood in 1978 were putting CV in front of their name.
well, i would say that that is somewhat right

Largo would hit up both L36 & CVL36
same thing with Tortilla Flats, TF & CVTF
but 155 was mostly just 155 without the CV
CV70 always saw it as CV70
and so too CV3
but you forgot CV2 (Dos / Segundo)

so in essence, CV was being used way before 1978

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas

Unread post by Yohann » November 9th, 2011, 9:46 am

streetsIswatchin wrote: And in Lantana (present day RSH but used to be all Lantana) they calling it "The Crip hole".
Are RSH still active? Because I haven't heard of them in years!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » November 17th, 2011, 12:31 am

they must still exist they were cool with nuttys few years ago and then beefed again ..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 10th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Yohann wrote:
streetsIswatchin wrote: And in Lantana (present day RSH but used to be all Lantana) they calling it "The Crip hole".
Are RSH still active? Because I haven't heard of them in years!
I believe that RSH is still around, but in small numbers.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » January 15th, 2012, 7:00 am

alonso im sure of what im saying mather of fact if you remember the 89's doc about cvtf were u cee some baby tf from midget dukes og clicc lil woodie chucky the doc were you cee the party is filmed on that blocc north of rosecranz ..the hood footage was taken north cranz on mulberry and mealy st on the corner of those street you have a flat who is their og hood on largo side like the map is showing ..they had also the loco side before but that street on largo side is still theirs i think

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » January 15th, 2012, 7:04 am

the rshcc acording to what i heard was cool with nutty to the point of having half of their hood claimin nutty hustler than the other half refused to turn and a beef ensued the homie from kelly might know better

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » December 20th, 2012, 2:27 am

here at 3 min you can cee them in their hood north of rosecranz also when the mothers speaks

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 31st, 2013, 2:44 pm

This was most like done by a jura /cop, so you have to take it with a grain of salt

But this is who was on the jura’s radar in 1978

• West Side Piru
• Twilight Zones
• The Hole Crips
• Corner Pocket
• The Block Crips
• CV Largo
• CV Tortilla Flats
• CV 155
• CV 70’s
• CV3 (two hoods)
• Spook Town
• East Side Piru

• Lynwood Young Crowd
• Athens Park Boys

Questions & Observations:

- What the hell does it say between T Zones & The Hole Crips? Can’t read that writing

- What did the Hole Crips turn into?

- The Block Crips turn into Nutty Blocc’s?

- Maybe Fruit Town and Tree Top Trojans was in their beginning stages

- But no Mid-Town Crips + Oaks Park Crip = Santana Blocc Crips yet?????

- I personally thought LV Paragons would be where they have Young Crowd listed … YC in the 1980s was way north … closer to Imperial Blvd

- No CV Segundo … so much for the theory the names comes from being the 2nd varrio in Compton

- Shouldn’t the Grandee’s be on this list somewhere since their the Original Crip gang in the Hub?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » February 1st, 2013, 10:44 am

martinez con respect the lvp'gs are sharing hood with banning street nowadays just north of cv3 in the old days they was more north in front of nutt hood watts 13 there's l mob around there too around 111st norton on the lynwood side but nowadays lvp and bng are just sharing hood on banning up to segundo were lves is and cblp and south east of that its stockton cv3 bg's ....nowaday north of lvp bng u got a lil spot of cv132 cvtf sharing hood on north of them to imperial hwy mostly around state st belinger to my knowledge cv2 was not the second varrio they way more recent that map prove what a homie was sayin i heard cv segundo started in paramount by some tf member in their conquest and war of paramount against dog patch and was claimin to be a second compton in paramount their compton clicc was mostly the mafia but nowaday they all turned cvcg and whats left of segundo is in paramount on orange then from another fool he stated they originated as el segundo clicc in compton so im still in the blur but one thing is sure the cvtf cv3 cv5 cv70 predate all others specially the cv2 even cvls are not originated from compton and was also allied with tf against their war with cvlargo the largo la tres and 5 are compton natives ...

yourmomslover
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by yourmomslover » August 9th, 2016, 10:54 am

Yohann wrote:Hi Kim,

We were in largoK hood.. Back then 13palmas was all willowbrook on both sides.. We were on mauberry until all the homies started getting locked up.. Midget was there too.. We stopped fucking with locosK cus all the og's sons were from there.. We murked them later on

yourmomslover
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yourmomslover » August 9th, 2016, 11:01 am

bgcasper wrote:this map seems all good cause its exactly were t flat was before the locos their og hood so that must be accurate also tf dont put cv cause of their firts generation not being from compton but east los but that concept faded out quikly as soon as banger jump in compton joined that got erased but yall have to know that acording to some locos was an out of compton gang just like flats and got even brought in compton to back the flats against largos historykly the flats was the one cool with blacks and largo were the first to beef and drop body against jordan down back in 80's ...strange a gang of big hood missing the tanas car ??? most south cpt from ad to scc was under grandees influence as far as crippin those were the ogs but they seems to focus on vatos on that map and they was the major cpt gangs before funky 80's
Yall keep saying to "back us up" when up to date we dont need anyone else.. Only reason we brought them in was cus out og's sons were locosK so what you think was gonna happen with them and largoK? They went at it too.. We murked locosK later on tho

yourmomslover
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yourmomslover » August 9th, 2016, 11:06 am

Yall keep saying to "back us up" but up to date we dont need anyone.. The only reason we brought them in was cus our og's sons were locosK so what you think was gonna happen with them and largoK? They started beefing too.. We murked locosK later on and still serving largoK too.. CVTFLATS

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 19th, 2016, 6:31 am

also whats the connection with the old school cvtf vesta dead end locos clicc and cvls ?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 27th, 2016, 2:41 am

H572DSTA wrote:
alexalonso wrote:the map looks pretty accurate to me. I am sure there are some small mistakes, but what's missing? I cant say.
there are a gang of mistakes

-spook town is wrong
-corner poccet was never in Fruit town hood
-Crip Hole wasnt that big
-T-Flats not in Largo hood
-Fruit Town was way bigger even back in the dayz

missing gangs

-Santana Blocc
-Neighborhood Crips
-Tree Top Trojans
-Kelly Parc & Atlantic Drive Hustlers

matter of fact compton was already carved up in 78 so there shouldnt be no gaps

but alonso whats that huge gang west of the zones...?
- Santana Blocc Compton Crips didn't really get started until 1976, so a gang that was only 2 years old at the time is a realistic omission. Kelly Park & Atlantic Drive were hustlers, so they were under the police radar.
- When did Neighborhood Compton Crips start?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 27th, 2016, 2:50 am

MARTINEZ wrote:This was most like done by a jura /cop, so you have to take it with a grain of salt

But this is who was on the jura’s radar in 1978

• West Side Piru
• Twilight Zones
• The Hole Crips
• Corner Pocket
• The Block Crips
• CV Largo
• CV Tortilla Flats
• CV 155
• CV 70’s
• CV3 (two hoods)
• Spook Town
• East Side Piru

• Lynwood Young Crowd
• Athens Park Boys

Questions & Observations:

- What the hell does it say between T Zones & The Hole Crips? Can’t read that writing

- What did the Hole Crips turn into?

- The Block Crips turn into Nutty Blocc’s?

- Maybe Fruit Town and Tree Top Trojans was in their beginning stages

- But no Mid-Town Crips + Oaks Park Crip = Santana Blocc Crips yet?????

- I personally thought LV Paragons would be where they have Young Crowd listed … YC in the 1980s was way north … closer to Imperial Blvd

- No CV Segundo … so much for the theory the names comes from being the 2nd varrio in Compton

- Shouldn’t the Grandee’s be on this list somewhere since their the Original Crip gang in the Hub?
- The Hole became Lantana Blocc Compton Crips
- The Blocc Crips are the Nutty Blocc Crips now.
- Santana Blocc started in 1976 so they were only 2 years old by this time. There was no more Oaks or Mid Town in 1978
- It says "Swamps" between T Zones & The Hole Crips which are now Original Swam Compton Crips.
- The Grandees started in 1971/1972 but they didn't last. Perhaps they were already fading by 1978.
- Don't know about CV Segundo. What year did they form?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 28th, 2016, 7:11 am

segundo is the last of the og cv's tf largo 5 predate them

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 28th, 2016, 4:39 pm

bgcasper wrote:segundo is the last of the og cv's tf largo 5 predate them
Largo predates everyone in Compton. Not sure what year Tortilla Flats transitioned to Compton.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 31st, 2016, 7:56 pm

well a tuff fella told that one of his homie from the og clika tf los palmas said that largo started as a football team north of their og hood in the 60's they had both side of the tracc so basicelly he said largo started as football while tf already was a varrio established and more than that remember the willowbrook winos ? well according to that og those were a clika of tf

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 4th, 2016, 7:21 pm

bgcasper wrote:well a tuff fella told that one of his homie from the og clika tf los palmas said that largo started as a football team north of their og hood in the 60's they had both side of the tracc so basicelly he said largo started as football while tf already was a varrio established and more than that remember the willowbrook winos ? well according to that og those were a clika of tf
i wish there were some more details.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”