Hispanic gangs & Varrios that DO NOT use 13, Trece

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Hispanic gangs & Varrios that DO NOT use 13, Trece

Unread post by alexalonso » July 1st, 2012, 8:55 pm

How many Hispanic gang do not and never used 13 in their placas?

- Avenues
- 38th Street
- 18th Street
- Clanton

to name a few. Anymore?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Varrios that do not use 13 (Trece)

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 2nd, 2012, 7:56 am

I'M SURE IT WOULD BE A VERY RARE THING IF C-14 DID PUT 13 IN LA, BUT OUTSIDE OF LA THEY HAVE USED 13 MANY TIMES N AT TIMES SO HAS 18. NOT SURE ABOUT 38, BUT MAYBE ANOTHER RARE 1 TO SEE.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 2nd, 2012, 11:00 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I'M SURE IT WOULD BE A VERY RARE THING IF C-14 DID PUT 13 IN LA, BUT OUTSIDE OF LA THEY HAVE USED 13 MANY TIMES N AT TIMES SO HAS 18. NOT SURE ABOUT 38, BUT MAYBE ANOTHER RARE 1 TO SEE.
Of the countless photos I have, never have I seen the 13 used by the gangs I mentioned. There was also an 18th Streeter on the forum that posted that once before named Menace:

Re: 18st, eme, surenos?

Postby MENACE18 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:58 pm
ALRITE ESE LET ME BREAK IT DOWN,FIRST 18ST AINT 13,18ST WE GOT WS,ES,NS,SS,SC,CS 18ST CLICKS,YEA 18ST GOT SURENOS CAUSE SS18ST CAUSE SURENO IS JUST SOUTHSIDER,IT DOESNT REP the 13,ITS REP SUR CAUSE WERE PART OF SUR AND THEY USE the 13 TO SHOW RESPECT TO LA EME,SURENOS 13 WORK FOR LA EME,18ST WE DNT,WE WORK WITH THEM CAUSE WITHOUT US MS WUDA TAKEN THEM OUT,AND WE GOT DIFFERENT RULES THEN the 13S DO,IN PRISON WE BACK UP OUR HOMIES FIRST THEN LA EME,AND YES the BEEF WITH SLOBS IS SERIOUS,IT STARTED 12 YRS AGO WEN A MEMBER OF BLACK P STONES JUNGLES GOT INTO A ARGURMENT WITH A MEMBER OF WS18ST RANCHO PARK LIL LOCOS,THE 18 GOT KILLED AND THEY RETALIATED,the SLOBKS SHOT UP A HOOD that 18 CONTROLLED AND THEY KILLED A INNOCENT GUY,18ST DECLARED WAR AGAINST BLACK P STONES JUNGLES THEN THE CITIES GOT INVOLVED,THEY REALIZED THEY CUDNT HANDLE BEEF WITH 18 SO THEY GOT ROLLIN 20S,FRUIT TOWN BRIMS,DENVER LANE BLOODS,TREE TOP PIRU,INGLEWOOD FAMILY BLOODS,BLOOD STONE VILLENS AND OTHER BLOOD HOODS TO JOIN UP TO FIGHT 18 WHICH GOT 18 TO SAY fu-- ALL SLOBKS,THEY THINK SINCE THAT GUY JAMIEL SHAW WAS KILLED HE WAS INNOCENT,HE WAS CLAIMING TO BE A MEMBER OF ROLLIN 20S IN A CITY WHERE 18ST KILLS SLOBKS ON A DAILY BASE,THEY SAID IT WAS RACE RELATED WHEN 18 WE HAVE EVERY RACE IN OUR HOOD,WHEN A SLOBK FROM BPS KILLED A 3 YR OLD LATINA GIRL IT WASNT RACE RELATED THEY SAID WEN HE ADMITTED TO KILLEN HER FOR BEIN BROWN
Source: viewtopic.php?f=280&t=7303&start=20

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 2nd, 2012, 12:10 pm

East Side Clover, Sereno, Lomas SSG, Happy Valley Rifa, Lowell ST, all the MV's,

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 3rd, 2012, 1:12 am

AztecNinja wrote:East Side Clover, Sereno, Lomas SSG, Happy Valley Rifa, Lowell ST, all the MV's,

The Maravillas for sure. Did the rest you mentioned used to use 13 and stopped or did they NEVER use 13?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 3rd, 2012, 9:33 am

alexalonso wrote:
AztecNinja wrote:East Side Clover, Sereno, Lomas SSG, Happy Valley Rifa, Lowell ST, all the MV's,

The Maravillas for sure. Did the rest you mentioned used to use 13 and stopped or did they NEVER use 13?
Ive never seen it, they always finish their placas with the R for rifa.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 3rd, 2012, 9:40 am

Clover usually will finish with the number ave of the click, like 28 or 19. some others Choppers12 not sure what the 12 is for, Pomona12st, I know Lowell uses the number 12, CV3. Its also very rare to see one of the Flats gangs use a 13 in the placas. Really most tof the really old Eastside gangs dont use 13. WF,VNE,TVR,FTR,3rd st,BH etc..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 3rd, 2012, 4:31 pm

AztecNinja wrote:Clover usually will finish with the number ave of the click, like 28 or 19. some others Choppers12 not sure what the 12 is for, Pomona12st, I know Lowell uses the number 12, CV3. Its also very rare to see one of the Flats gangs use a 13 in the placas. Really most tof the really old Eastside gangs dont use 13. WF,VNE,TVR,FTR,3rd st,BH etc..
I was just about to post Choppers, the 12 is for Midnight. I have never seen them use the 13. Is that true that White Fence never writes 13?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm

alexalonso wrote:
AztecNinja wrote:Clover usually will finish with the number ave of the click, like 28 or 19. some others Choppers12 not sure what the 12 is for, Pomona12st, I know Lowell uses the number 12, CV3. Its also very rare to see one of the Flats gangs use a 13 in the placas. Really most tof the really old Eastside gangs dont use 13. WF,VNE,TVR,FTR,3rd st,BH etc..
I was just about to post Choppers, the 12 is for Midnight. I have never seen them use the 13. Is that true that White Fence never writes 13?
I havent seen it, usually its just WF and the the click, it will look like WFthls or WFsps.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 4th, 2012, 9:06 am

Do not know if I ever heard of 3rd st, but I wouldn't say those others NEVER used 13. If by rarely, then sure. I know all about menace. He stopped posting here n got shown pix of 18 using 13. The hypocrite ended up admitting that 18 sometimes used 13, so I wouldn't take a lot his word seriously

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 4th, 2012, 1:51 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Do not know if I ever heard of 3rd st, but I wouldn't say those others NEVER used 13. If by rarely, then sure. I know all about menace. He stopped posting here n got shown pix of 18 using 13. The hypocrite ended up admitting that 18 sometimes used 13, so I wouldn't take a lot his word seriously
If anyone ever sees graffiti of 18th Street with the 13 anywhere in Los Angeles County please take a pic. Not in another city or another state because other states do their own thing, but in LA, I would love to see that.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2012, 7:27 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I'M SURE IT WOULD BE A VERY RARE THING IF C-14 DID PUT 13 IN LA, BUT OUTSIDE OF LA THEY HAVE USED 13 MANY TIMES N AT TIMES SO HAS 18. NOT SURE ABOUT 38, BUT MAYBE ANOTHER RARE 1 TO SEE.
I saw Clanton graffiti in Florida where they did use the 13, and that's how you know an outsider, someone not from LA, wrote it.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2012, 7:32 pm

alexalonso wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Do not know if I ever heard of 3rd st, but I wouldn't say those others NEVER used 13. If by rarely, then sure. I know all about menace. He stopped posting here n got shown pix of 18 using 13. The hypocrite ended up admitting that 18 sometimes used 13, so I wouldn't take a lot his word seriously
If anyone ever sees graffiti of 18th Street with the 13 anywhere in Los Angeles County please take a pic. Not in another city or another state because other states do their own thing, but in LA, I would love to see that.
I just looked at my entire collection of 18th Street graffiti pics i have in LA and there are about 200 pics of just 18th Street, and not one of them have 13 in it. Not one single one. Then I went online and found sever pics of 18th Street in other cities with the 13. In the graffiti written on the walls (I drive through 4 18th Street neighborhoods everyday, Pico-Union, Shatto, CLCS, Adams-Hauser,) I dont see it, so I think Menace was originally correct.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 10th, 2012, 2:15 pm

alexalonso wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
I just looked at my entire collection of 18th Street graffiti pics i have in LA and there are about 200 pics of just 18th Street, and not one of them have 13 in it. Not one single one. Then I went online and found sever pics of 18th Street in other cities with the 13. In the graffiti written on the walls (I drive through 4 18th Street neighborhoods everyday, Pico-Union, Shatto, CLCS, Adams-Hauser,) I dont see it, so I think Menace was originally correct.
OK most likely just outside of LA if seen, but menace was acting like 18 weren't surenos. I could find a foto with sur & 18 together on a wall in LA & that wouldn't be 13, but obviously they're from the sur.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » September 12th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Only reason why 18st had/has ever.had beef with the homies is when they tried to move in the hood before they got the.boot down to 106th. and that beef is actually inactive they know not.to come up the hill sorry but true...and the I13s is a handful....aswell. do 18 beef with I13s, Lennox 13s, Tepa 13s, ws Kc13, ws f13 locos, thats a lot on the platter, anyone I'm forgetting?

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » September 12th, 2012, 6:10 pm

I.e mexican gangs only then add the 5 black gangs in the area who dont like em or arent allowed in there hoods.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 16th, 2012, 7:49 pm

all Hispanic gang in LA are Surenos based on the geographic identity.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 23rd, 2012, 11:10 pm

the way i read menace is that 18 is sureno, but that they don't have that newer 13 mentality, like having to claim allegiance to anything otherthan 18 street first., that's the same mente that north east l.a. has, so too the maravillas and a ton of older gente from the varrios., but it is the newer generations that find it necessarity bump that 13 hign in the minds., but olded varrios don't find the need to write trece next to their original initials., they don't need to do that/, eveyone knows they're south siders, so why would they have to hit up 13 next to their varrio? no need for that! its only the opld varrios that already originally the 13 incorporated into their tags like F13, R13, ELA13, LNX13 and so on, and the newer ones like The Lott Surenos, Brown Pride Surenos, Sur 13 Chucos and so on, the ones that consistently throw up the 13., 13 has for the last 3 decades been associated stricktly with being affiliated with the souther camp and under La Eme, but the old 13 simply means you were LOCOS ~> mariwuanos, nomas!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 23rd, 2012, 11:16 pm

the way i read menace is that 18 is sureno, but that they don't have that newer 13 mentality, like having to claim allegiance to anything other than 18 street first., that's the same mente that north east l.a. has, so too the maravillas and a ton of older gente from the varrios., but it is the newer generations that find it necessary to bump that 13 hign in the minds of everyone., but older varrios –before the 80s- don't find the need to write trece next to their original initials., they don't need to do that because everyone knows that they're south siders., so why would they have to hit up 13 next to their varrio? No need for that!
its only the old varrios that already originally had 13 incorporated into their tags like F13, R13, ELA13, LNX13 and so on, and the newer ones like The Lott Surenos, Brown Pride Surenos, Sur 13 Chucos and so on ~> the ones that consistently throw up the 13.,
13 has for the last 3 decades been associated strictly with being affiliated with the southern camp and under La Eme, but the Oldie 13 simply means you were LOCOS ~> mariwuanos, Nomas!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 25th, 2012, 5:33 pm

I dont think the 13 means the same thing for everyone. There is the new tagger crew i bumped into on Western & Pico, and they hit up 13, because they want to be known as Southsiders, and have no allegience to La Eme. As recently as the late 1980s, whiteboy groups were using 13, LAD, SxR and that was 22 or 23 years ago.

So I conclude that the meaning of Trece is not universal.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 19th, 2012, 4:04 pm

alexalonso wrote:I dont think the 13 means the same thing for everyone. There is the new tagger crew i bumped into on Western & Pico, and they hit up 13, because they want to be known as Southsiders, and have no allegience to La Eme. As recently as the late 1980s, whiteboy groups were using 13, LAD, SxR and that was 22 or 23 years ago.

Yeah, but you know what that 13 means in Cali if you see it on a wall these days. I don't quite get what convo you had with that taggingcrew, but I would think they're trying to be surenos

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 19th, 2012, 4:47 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
alexalonso wrote:I dont think the 13 means the same thing for everyone. There is the new tagger crew i bumped into on Western & Pico, and they hit up 13, because they want to be known as Southsiders, and have no allegience to La Eme. As recently as the late 1980s, whiteboy groups were using 13, LAD, SxR and that was 22 or 23 years ago.

Yeah, but you know what that 13 means in Cali if you see it on a wall these days. I don't quite get what convo you had with that taggingcrew, but I would think they're trying to be surenos
You are automatically a Sureno if you are Hispanic from So Cal. You dont try to be a Sureno, you are one.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » October 20th, 2012, 12:38 pm

alexalonso wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:

You are automatically a Sureno if you are Hispanic from So Cal. You dont try to be a Sureno, you are one.
Exactly, you either Sur or Paisa there is no other option. Ive seen many a dudes from no where on the streets, but ride Sur pretty hard in Jail. I know everyone has to go with the program but you get some casual chicanos that get really gassed and seduced by the Sur idealogy and start riding hard. Those are prime crash test dummies.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 21st, 2012, 12:02 am

When you go to la county, and u r Hispanic, but you don't claim a gang, the COs will ask you who do u roll with?, blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc. most square cats say, I am Hispanic and boom, you r a southsider. As AztecNinja said, some foos transform and get wicked with. Jail can change you.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 21st, 2012, 2:40 am

AztecNinja wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:

Exactly, you either Sur or Paisa there is no other option. Ive seen many a dudes from no where on the streets, but ride Sur pretty hard in Jail. I know everyone has to go with the program but you get some casual chicanos that get really gassed and seduced by the Sur idealogy and start riding hard. Those are prime crash test dummies.
He didn't say anything about getting locked up. I understand if that's the situation, but I could also see a Hispanic blood, crip or whatever kicking it with their gang affiliation. I'm sure it's possible for those types to kick it with south sidets while locked up to, but I only agree to a certain extent. I know of a Mexican crip originally from Arizona that did time in Northern Cali & rode with northerners while locked up,

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 21st, 2012, 2:14 pm

Most people who get locked up will eventually get released so that mentality may follow that person.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 4th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Lonewolf wrote: 13 has for the last 3 decades been associated strictly with being affiliated with the southern camp and under La Eme, but the Oldie 13 simply means you were LOCOS ~> mariwuanos, Nomas!
I dont think that today it means allegiance to La Eme for all. SO many little small crews, that dont even bang throw up the 13, taggers, etc. There is no way that a tagger crew is trying to be under any Eme umbrella.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 4th, 2013, 11:45 pm

alexalonso wrote:
Lonewolf wrote: 13 has for the last 3 decades been associated strictly with being affiliated with the southern camp and under La Eme, but the Oldie 13 simply means you were LOCOS ~> mariwuanos, Nomas!
I dont think that today it means allegiance to La Eme for all. SO many little small crews, that dont even bang throw up the 13, taggers, etc. There is no way that a tagger crew is trying to be under any Eme umbrella.
Why not? Haven't you noticed how many crews switched to gangs? We got a bunch of writers up here claiming 14 these days. That type of stuff has been around for awhile, but it seems different these days.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 7th, 2013, 9:01 am

All Mexican varrios from Bakersfield all the way down to San Diego are under the SUR

SUR and 13 are synonymous for the last couple of generations

And unless it’s part of your official varrio name: LOTT 13, Florencia 13, Venice 13, Rivera 13 there’s really no need to write it

Why? Cus there aint no Norteños down here… that’s why

It’s already implied = your from Southern Califas, and you’re a Chicano gang member, then you’re a Sureño… period.

and I have seen White Fence write 13 a few times, near the Hole Locos and also in there alleys behind Whittier Blvd.

now Do they need to write 13 to be considered a SUR varrio… no they don’t… its already implied … VNE, WF, BH, all SUR from the get go

You vatos have no idea how many Maravillas (pre 1993) got the SUR tattooed on them

They talk that green light shit all they want out here, but as soon as they hit the county, they get w the program with the quickness

The fall under the SUR 13 banner

Hush all that non sense!

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » January 7th, 2013, 11:01 am

You forgot to bowto the audience, sir lol....im so glad your back you put fools to rest in one post.

Im a nigga and i agree with that 100%.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 7th, 2013, 11:04 am

hahahahaha ^

Im just doing my thang homie

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 7th, 2013, 11:14 am

MARTINEZ wrote:hahahahaha ^

Im just doing my thang homie
do ya thang big homie, we are all Sur whether you bang or not when you hit that mainline

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”