EAST LOS/EAST SIDE LOS

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

EAST LOS/EAST SIDE LOS

Unread post by Silencioso » December 8th, 2003, 2:07 pm

EAST LOS was a varrio in East LA near Varrio King Kobras I think. Not to be confused with East LA 13 or East LA Dukes.

EAST SIDE LOS was near White Fence and Evergreen.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: EAST LOS/EAST SIDE LOS

Unread post by GIBBY » December 17th, 2003, 11:08 am

Silencioso wrote:EAST LOS was a varrio in East LA near Varrio King Kobras I think. Not to be confused with East LA 13 or East LA Dukes.

EAST SIDE LOS was near White Fence and Evergreen.
QVole Selencioso. HaHa. Are you from Boyle Heights? Only people from that area would know about these long forgotten hoods. Yeah East Los died out a while back. The were never really too active though. Remember East LA Rifa (ELAR) by King kobras hood too? They held down those streets by Union Pacific and Trigggs. East Side Los was a varrio that exhisted next to Stevenson Jr High in what is now controlled by White Fence The Hole Locos. By the time I got into the nieghborhhod the older heads from The Hole had wipped out any trace of ESLos but it wasnt by war or violence. The older ESLos head basically turned into hypes and died out. Im from the other side of Lanfranco by Grande Vista. My uncle who was also from WF told me that back when he was going to Stevenson , Sabina st, Percy st, 6th st etc was controlled by ESLos but that the get along with The Fence. I would see old ESLos tags or in the concrete and stuff like that, but unless I knew they were their I would have never known, just by looking around, that they ever exhisted. By any chance did you ever know anyone from there? Later on inlife I met a firme older vato from there whose involved in the Chicano Movement. Paz

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » December 18th, 2003, 11:52 am

No, I'm not from Boyle Heights. Some friends of mine from the Hollenbeck part Boyle Heights told me about ESLos. They said ESL was an enemy of WF and had a few non Chicano members (a fairly rare thing back then) and were a violent gang. I saw some of their grafitti around Evergreen Park.

East Los was pretty well known even though they may have been a small varrio.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 19th, 2004, 10:42 pm

I grew up in LiL Valley, went to Stevenson in the 70's.

At that time 71 to 76, there was war in the hood. Yeah ESL got along W/ WF but off an on.

If I remember right ESL was on the south side of the 60 fwy, across from Stevenson (Indiana) like 5th, Lanfranco, Eagle, 6th, Percy etc. down Indiana to Whittier and east to Ditman. This hood is now controlled by Clika Los Primos not WF.

Back then everyone had pleito w/ everybody else.
WF on the other side of Stevenson (Esperanza) & north on the other side of the 60 and all the blocks off Whittier past Indiana towards downtown.

LV to the east starting at Rowan to Downey (my old blocks off Downey & Verona too) and south to the 5 fwy.

Down Indiana across Whittier Was Laguna Parque; going to the 5 and down to about Herbert (LV after that)

On the other side of the 5, off Olympic & Union Pacific you had East Los on eastside of Indiana to Eastman elem. school. WF on other side of Indiana.

Around Eastman school on Union Pacific side was Primera Chicos, they went down Union Pacific to Herbert; KK after that. They and East Los were tight.

King Kobras from Eastman school Olympic side down to Eastern and Union Pacific side starting at Herbert to Eastern. Chopper 12 after that (Commerce)

From what I see it's still the same except for CLP now in place of ESL. Indiana Dukes in place of 1/2 of East Los hood (Olympic side) and KK taking PC hood and the other half of East Los. (Union Pacific side)

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 20th, 2004, 10:30 am

Impala wrote:I grew up in LiL Valley, went to Stevenson in the 70's.

At that time 71 to 76, there was war in the hood. Yeah ESL got along W/ WF but off an on.

If I remember right ESL was on the south side of the 60 fwy, across from Stevenson (Indiana) like 5th, Lanfranco, Eagle, 6th, Percy etc. down Indiana to Whittier and east to Ditman. This hood is now controlled by Clika Los Primos not WF.

Back then everyone had pleito w/ everybody else.
WF on the other side of Stevenson (Esperanza) & north on the other side of the 60 and all the blocks off Whittier past Indiana towards downtown.

LV to the east starting at Rowan to Downey (my old blocks off Downey & Verona too) and south to the 5 fwy.

Down Indiana across Whittier Was Laguna Parque; going to the 5 and down to about Herbert (LV after that)

On the other side of the 5, off Olympic & Union Pacific you had East Los on eastside of Indiana to Eastman elem. school. WF on other side of Indiana.

Around Eastman school on Union Pacific side was Primera Chicos, they went down Union Pacific to Herbert; KK after that. They and East Los were tight.

King Kobras from Eastman school Olympic side down to Eastern and Union Pacific side starting at Herbert to Eastern. Chopper 12 after that (Commerce)

From what I see it's still the same except for CLP now in place of ESL. Indiana Dukes in place of 1/2 of East Los hood (Olympic side) and KK taking PC hood and the other half of East Los. (Union Pacific side)
Qvole Impala. If you take a look at my first post youll notice that I said ESLos hood was "NEXT" to Stevesnson which is no controlled by WF. This includes all the streets west of Indiana and East of Lorena like Sabina, Esperanza, Spence, Percy etc. All these streets are controlled by WF. The streets east of Indiana are controlled by CLPS. That being said I stand by my original post. ESLos may have controlled the east side of Indiana but I know for a fact that they controlled the west side of Indiana to Lorena. If indeed they controlled the east side of Indiana also then thier old hood would be split between WF and CLPS. My uncle and my aunt went to Stevenson the same time as you. My uncle was Angel from the Monstro Locos and my aunt was Mousie from Tiny Monstras. Did you go to Roosevelt or Garfield? Paz

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 21st, 2004, 1:55 am

What's up Bro? Yeah, I re-read your post. I'm not questioning you, just saying what I know and like your familia; I was there too. I knew plenty of homies from ESL back then. Most lived on the eastside of Indiana (CLPS). There used to be a liqour store on Princeton & Indiana; that was their store. I didn't know they had the other side of the school (Lorena side) but for the record I'll agree with you. Back then it seemed like Stevenson was thier school, there was a chingo of them.

Back then it was all about standing toe to toe with your enemy. Getting jumped and/or shanked was common. Being marked (remember that?) and shot..you really had to have slipped up.
There was no CLPS back then; so they were never split (except by Stevenson, if what you say is true)

In 75 KK & LV was killing each other. On my old street (Verona, where it deadends on the cementary) they did a drive by that summer. An old veterano/wino was killed; his name was Cruz (RIP). He was just an old dude standing in his yard. A stray round hit a little girl named Lalita in the leg as she sat watching T.V. We heared they came in on a jeep and just fired into casas as they drove. We moved the next week. I went to Pioneer High, went back alot but eventually got to know this side. Would of gone to Garfield; all my familia did except for me and my little sister.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 21st, 2004, 11:50 am

Impala wrote:What's up Bro? Yeah, I re-read your post. I'm not questioning you, just saying what I know and like your familia; I was there too. I knew plenty of homies from ESL back then. Most lived on the eastside of Indiana (CLPS). There used to be a liqour store on Princeton & Indiana; that was their store. I didn't know they had the other side of the school (Lorena side) but for the record I'll agree with you. Back then it seemed like Stevenson was thier school, there was a chingo of them.

Back then it was all about standing toe to toe with your enemy. Getting jumped and/or shanked was common. Being marked (remember that?) and shot..you really had to have slipped up.
There was no CLPS back then; so they were never split (except by Stevenson, if what you say is true)

In 75 KK & LV was killing each other. On my old street (Verona, where it deadends on the cementary) they did a drive by that summer. An old veterano/wino was killed; his name was Cruz (RIP). He was just an old dude standing in his yard. A stray round hit a little girl named Lalita in the leg as she sat watching T.V. We heared they came in on a jeep and just fired into casas as they drove. We moved the next week. I went to Pioneer High, went back alot but eventually got to know this side. Would of gone to Garfield; all my familia did except for me and my little sister.
Qvole. How active, in your opinion, was LPV back then? ESLos musta been right next to them. Did you ever know Rafa from ESLos? In you opinion why did they dissapear? It seems to me like it was because of drugs and a lack of recruiting. What was your placa back then? Paz

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 21st, 2004, 11:15 pm

Back then LPV was very active. While KK & LV went at it; LPV & ESLos were doing the same. How close were they? Too close, only Whittier Blvd. divided them.

Remember this was mid to late 70's trying to remember and match faces to names es duro. The vatos I remember clearly from ESL were Boo-Boo, Topo (RIP), Red, Lefty & Joker; but after 78 never saw them again.

I knew a Ralph from LPV, no Rafa from ESL.
I went in the Marines after H.S. (78-88)whenever I went back to the old neighborhood it seemed all the varrios were dieing out. These were the PCP/angel dust yrs. I don't know why they faded but my theory is the PCP.

I never had a placa, just my name. I wasn't from LV or anywhere; just lived there.