AB based movie Supremacy

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

AB based movie Supremacy

Unread post by HungryWolf » February 1st, 2015, 4:55 am

Just watched this one:

A just paroled white supremacist and his ruthless girlfriend kill a cop and take an African American family hostage. Meanwhile, Sobecki, the heavily-tattooed supremacist leader who oversees his criminal empire from behind bars, is not thrilled when he learns of his charge's screw-up. The patriarch of the family, an ornery ex-con himself, must rely on his with and understanding of the racist mind to find a plan to free his family, but not before he confronts his own brand of bigotry and anger.

It's based on the story of Robert Scully who killed a cop in Sonoma county and who was/is a reputed AB member. Hollywoodwise it is a good one, but not realitywise. Never heared about all that drama in the end of the movie. I always ask myself why do they do this kind of crap? Isn't the real story behind that drama enough? Scully is still wating for the death penatly in San Quentin. I can see the intention, but then they shouldnt feature it "based on". If I'd do a script on that actual event I'd feature the hate they serve you in prison. Because that is the real point that lead to all that drama. He wouldnt have killed the cop if he didn't do 15 years in PBSP. That is the real weak point of the whole movie. A straight joe watcher wouldnt understand why Mr. Trully (sic!) is so full of hate. And that in my point of view is the real drama behind the story.