Jamiel Shaw Victim Impact Statements made in court

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Jamiel Shaw Victim Impact Statements made in court

Unread post by alexalonso » March 17th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Four members of Jamiel Shaw's family made victim impact statements in court in front of Pedro Espinoza, who was convicted for the murder of the 2008 murder of Jamiel Shaw Jr.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jamiel Shaw Victim Impact Statements made in court

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 17th, 2013, 9:56 pm

i think its sad that they chose to wear red.
their son was flying the red flag in a blood gang turf, and thats what got him killed. And they choose to fly that same flag in court. I understand they are mad and angry. i understand completely but youngsters choose to fly these colors and be from a gang for the thrill and thats what gets them killed or are made to kill for. thats how it is. Many people in gangs in LA have killed for their gang in their youth and were never caught and are good citizens today. but it's a deadly game that is chosen to be played by many youths in LA. Espinoza murdering Jamiel Shaw was nothing personal but part of the game they both chose to play. Jamiel Shaw SR. should not have worn red in an attempt to defy Espinoza in court as he claims, it is childish and could possibly play a part in fueling further violence in the R20 vs 18st beef. it's a beef both gangs willingly join so that their younger crowd can make a name for themselves, either confronting the other or taunting the other or simply fly the flag.. Flying the flag would not mean anything if their was no danger to it, Jamiel shaw wearing red only gives him props or credit because of the beefs the R20's have otherwise the red means nothing.
I dont understand how a father living in LA who should know how it is out here can sit back and act like he is white and doesnt live in LA and not share blame in teaching his son not to be seduced by gangs!!!!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 18th, 2013, 2:31 am

it was the stupidest thing I had seen. They were trying to make the point that their son, who was wearing alot of red at the time of the shooting, did not have anything to do with gangs.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 18th, 2013, 6:51 am

^^^ mexican proverb: no hay peor ciego del que no quiere ver

translation - the is NO worse blind person than the one that refuses to see

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 18th, 2013, 9:05 pm

I pray everyday that my two sons dont get attracted to the streets. I grew up in the streets as my dad did, but when I was growing up, I had more freedom to be in the streets than I would ever give my two sons. One of my sons is already a fighter, likes to box and does not back down to anyone. I saw him push a kid on the basketball court when the kid got mad he didnt pass the ball to him, and I am saying to myself, if my son gets physical with the wrong kid, someone might pull a pistol out.

I like seeing him aggressive with other kids, but I worry that some coward will pull out a knife or a gun.

Loosing a son must be devastating, but this family could do so much more for their community if they stop lying to us. They can talk about how risky joining a gang can be, even if you are a good athlete, but if it hasnt happened yet, been 5 years, I dont expect it to happen anytime soon.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 19th, 2013, 9:39 am

exactly ^^

those that "know" how L.A. gang politics go… know he got killed cus he was claiming NHB

only a fucken moron would believe his Facebook gang signs meant "hang loose" and not NHB

his family is so completely in denial that if he had NHB tatted across his forehead; they still wouldn’t believe he was claiming it

smalltownxv3
If in the United States: Massachusetts
What city do you live in now?: muskegon

Unread post by smalltownxv3 » July 27th, 2013, 9:09 pm

this shyt pisses me off by girlfriend from Grandview xv3 used to go to high school with jamiel shaw and she was saying how he was always half bangin hangin out with bloods flamed up but never bangin on anyone.. darkee is the hommie that foos not racist I used to stay in pico union that foo used to come over my crib im mixed black and white shyt a lot of black people from crips kicked it with that foo . people will say anything to try and make there child look innocent. jamiel shaw was flirting with the death and one day it didn't go his way he got got. Morale of this shyt is don't play with bangin if ur gonna go to school and be right then do it to the fullest , hand he not had his little red belt and red colors n shyt he would of probably been straight he knew what he was doing. Eighteen aint going for that shyt.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 1st, 2013, 2:49 pm

smalltownxv3 wrote:this shyt pisses me off by girlfriend from Grandview xv3 used to go to high school with jamiel shaw and she was saying how he was always half bangin hangin out with bloods flamed up but never bangin on anyone.. darkee is the hommie that foos not racist I used to stay in pico union that foo used to come over my crib im mixed black and white shyt a lot of black people from crips kicked it with that foo . people will say anything to try and make there child look innocent. jamiel shaw was flirting with the death and one day it didn't go his way he got got. Morale of this shyt is don't play with bangin if ur gonna go to school and be right then do it to the fullest , hand he not had his little red belt and red colors n shyt he would of probably been straight he knew what he was doing. Eighteen aint going for that shyt.
I dont think Darkie is a racist either, and I dont know if you know, but he wasn't alone, he was with another 18th Streeter named "Killer" when Jamiel Shaw was killed. And during the trial, while I was sitting there, it seemed like it was possible that "Killer" may have been the shooter, because the witnesses that saw the shooting, described Darkie as wearing a hoodie, while the other person said he had a white t-shirt on.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 4th, 2013, 4:58 am

the best thing for kids are to tech them real martial art with the buddhist phylosophi so they will stand their ground in self defense but would never provole anybody if the master is a real one he should inspire your kid to aim for peace and self control also real martial arts sessions drain the energie and agressivity out and boost confidence and compassion