THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST...

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST...

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 29th, 2004, 10:58 pm

I went and saw this movie today...MAN, YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS MOVIE OUT!...it'll make you think what this life is really about. VERY GOOD MOVIE!

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST...

Unread post by G bka C.rum » February 29th, 2004, 11:43 pm

Maaan that Garbage wasnt even scriptually accurate. I agree it does make you think of the sacrifice Christ made for his ppl. All BS aside why cant they just tell the truth about Christ true Color. I know someone is gonna say Color doesnt matter he died for all of us, which isnt true but if it isnt important why do they stress him being white so much when the Bible clearly says otherwise? Ive been tryin to drop this on ppl all week.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 29th, 2004, 11:53 pm

G bka C.rum wrote:Maaan that Garbage wasnt even scriptually accurate. I agree it does make you think of the sacrifice Christ made for his ppl. All BS aside why cant they just tell the truth about Christ true Color. I know someone is gonna say Color doesnt matter he died for all of us, which isnt true but if it isnt important why do they stress him being white so much when the Bible clearly says otherwise? Ive been tryin to drop this on ppl all week.

i aint heard nobody say nothin about color but you...so why you wanna kick off that issue? besides that how can you say something aint scripturally accurate when you aint putting out whats INACCURATE?

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 1st, 2004, 12:12 am

I do gotta get some rest but i'll be back 2nd thing in the mornin to smash this blasphemous movie no problem

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » March 1st, 2004, 12:22 am

you can do all the "smashing" you want, aint gonna change my view of it...damm shame that you gotta smash on something religious or with a relgious theme...grow up man, who the fu_ck cares what color jesus was. its all about who he was...

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 1st, 2004, 12:55 am

Know what!! F that i'll do it now. When I say scriptually inaccurate Im talkin about all the added in stuff that the scriptures dont mention, why? cause it didnt happen. Where in the scriptures did it say a bird comes and plucks out the eyes the man on the cross?, where did it say that mary wiped up the blood after he was beaten? and wear did the Pontus Pilates wife come from to give them the towels?. Where do you read about some kids which were demons chasin Judas into the desert?. And where the Hell do you read about Satan standing over Christ when hes praying to his Father and then a snake droppin from between his legs and Christ step on it?Also why werent they speakin Hebrew? And I understand at the end when you see that one tear drop and the earth shakes thats supposed to be symbolic for The Most High shedding a tear for his Son but where were all the dead that rose up outta the grave all added on to the story or things were taken out. Rev.22;18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall ADD unto these things, God shall ADD unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the book of Life, and I didnt even get on Christ color thats a whole nother story Rev.1;13-15 and Dan.10;5-6 clearly show you he wasnt the complextion that we've been shown for centuries. So again there goes another lie and who would lie on the Son of God? Easy the Devil. Mels track record isnt lookin to good with God but his lying ass dont care anyway he made that movie for the money he could care less about the truth when it comes to Christ if not he wouldve told the truth, thats why he didnt put a black man to play Christ but if Christ was black that means he wouldve had to have black ppl to play the Jews because Christ was a Jew but then he wouldve had to bring more truth out and nobody wouldve went to see the movie then and he wouldve got no money cause know one wants to hear the truth. You dont play with Gods word for peoples entertainment and hes gonna have to answer for that. All these people sittin up actin and cryin in the theatre is just a stage show when most of em are gonna cry this Sunday fakin the funk and go back into thier same sins on Monday not even thinkin about the Sacrifice that was made. I got way more heat on this topic but ima chill for now.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 1st, 2004, 1:11 am

stateraised2000 wrote:you can do all the "smashing" you want, aint gonna change my view of it...damm shame that you gotta smash on something religious or with a relgious theme...grow up man, who the fu_ck cares what color jesus was. its all about who he was...

Of course any unlearned person is Gonna say color doesnt matter!! Who cares. But thats not what God says and thats what matters: 1st John 5;10 He that believeth not God hath made him a liar;because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. Psalms 40;7 Lo I come in the volume of the book, it is written of me. That record is that he died for our sins and everything written of him which is the Bible. So who are you to say it doesnt matter when god says that everything written of him and his son does, and he left a description in there for us to read and see but we're too busy gettin high and shootin up each other to do that. So how do you figure it doesnt matter that what your sayn but God care what you think. Take the red pill and wake up outta the Matrix http://www.theholyconceptionunit.org and read the Bible for yo'self dont let some pulpit pimp dictate to you the story of God

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » March 1st, 2004, 9:34 am

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 20th, 2004, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » March 1st, 2004, 9:40 am

yeah bro, no matter what dude above says you'll be glad you went...its people like him, mr know it all's, that are the 1st one to bring up race. i would'nt care what changes were made, IF any, cause all im looking at is the pain and suffering jesus went thru.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 1st, 2004, 4:00 pm

I don't share his concerns StateRaised. I don't care about extra-biblical material in a Hollywood movie so long as it doesn't clearly contradict the big picture (Gal. 1:6-9 & I don't think Rev. 22 rules out films of Christ; I think it refers to the book of Revelation itself).

I mean the movie does clearly contradict in at least one place I can think of off the top of my head when Christ is being taken from the garden, the soldiers don't fall to the ground when He says "I am". Yes, that's a mistake, but I think the good far out weighs the bad in this movie, so it has my endorsement, as well as Billy Graham's and Greg Laurie's.

EVERY Jesus movie has extra-biblical material (e.g., Jesus isn't any of these actors). They didn't speak Hebrew in the first century; they spoke Aramaic. Jesus wasn't black. He was a first century Jew from the line of Judah. And I thought Jim Caviezel looked pretty Jewish, and after being flayed, everyone would have the same red skin. Whatever. I think you've gone over-kill, and are too negative on what God will do via this movie. I loved the movie, and I pray that God will use it to bring many to Himself through it. I'm not going to argue this with the guy. I think it's a waste of my time. If some haters on this planet want to strain the knat from a cup of water while swallowing a camel, so to speak, God has given them freewill to do so. Peace everyone.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 1st, 2004, 5:26 pm

Yeah I think when it comes to the Bible you can kind of give your own views of what you think may have happen. If everybody stuck to every thing in the Bible when making a movie. then one movie would be good enough. But its good to see a movie with somebodys veiws on things even if you dont agree. Just like there are different religons. I know some of the things in the movie may not be true but also the things in the movie may have happen even if it not in the Bible.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 1st, 2004, 8:25 pm

the movie was good, real good, yeah, maybe they were not as Anglo as the movie depicted it, but to me that was not as important as the message.

The Romans were Anglo and they are todays Italians, but the Jews of the time were perhaps darker, olive complexion, middle eastern looking or brown, but no one knows for sure. They are just images and I myself would not waste my time debating about the color or race of the characters. But there was one black person that i saw in the movie.

Again, the movie was great.

Ace2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ace2 » March 1st, 2004, 9:17 pm

I havent seen the movie yet but I will be glad when somebody get the guts enough to show JESUS as a black man because if you go by scriptures it clearly states this in the book of revelation but people seem to ignore that fact just like they dont want to admit that the hebrews were dark skin people so until you really put out the facts and dont be scare to challenge what people preception are of JESUS CHRIST then to me it is just another movie but i want judge it until I see the movie.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 2nd, 2004, 9:19 am

All those post and only one which was Ace had a lick of common sense to it. I dont want to stress the issue I just know this movie was about money not bringing people to Christ ya'll can let Mel act like he got some deep revelation if you want, im sure he read enough of the bible to put the truth in. Fine color doesnt matter in that case let Denzel Washington play JFK or let Will Smith play George Washington or better yet make Christ black ya'll cant sit and LIE and say America wouldnt make an issue out of it and say color doesnt matter. No im not Mr. know it all but I do heavely research biblical history and am still searching and Im wrong for makin a statement on Christ complexion of course we dont know what every last facial feature looked like. But of course unlearned people who probaly dont even read the bible with the exception of a couple are gonna say his color doesnt matter when I just gave you the scripture where god said himself you make him a liar by saying so. Its a damn shame how brainwashed ppl have become by this same false christianity which has been used to control ppl for years mainly blacks,hispanics and Indians I see everybody kickin that same slave religion but aint bringin no biblical facts the bible never talks about no olive ppl it always compares the Israelites to other dark races like the egyptians or just flat out says their black period. The only caucasions in the bible were the Greeks, Romans which are descendants of Esau. Like Ace said why be scared to debate them to make them tell the truth if they let caucasions play Malcom X or MLK would you stand for that? Its ah shame I gotta be an Idiot because I speak the truth thats alright they called Christ and the Apostles worse. Its not about hate its about truth and all im sayin is tell the truth and stop lying on the Son of God making him out to descend from a people that he didnt. And how hypocritical are we when many of you on here sayin color dont matter have probaly taken someones life over a color.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 2:51 pm

This may sound dumb but have any seen a blk jew? I did not know there was some blk jews, just wondering.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 2nd, 2004, 2:56 pm

technically, ther eare some black jews now in ethiopia that got there from isreal centuries ago. But historically, none of the people there were really black, but they weren't white either. They were really more like the palestinians are today. So no, Jesus wouldn't be black or white, he woud have looked more like an arab. I think the bible says that he had skin of bronze. And hair like wool. you figure it out. Don't sound white to me, but bronze don't sound black either.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 3:06 pm

Panik wrote:technically, ther eare some black jews now in ethiopia that got there from isreal centuries ago. But historically, none of the people there were really black, but they weren't white either. They were really more like the palestinians are today. So no, Jesus wouldn't be black or white, he woud have looked more like an arab. I think the bible says that he had skin of bronze. And hair like wool. you figure it out. Don't sound white to me, but bronze don't sound black either.

Yeah thats what the Bible did say I was trying to look it up, I was thinking the same thing him looking arabic looking like a dark arabic look.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 2nd, 2004, 11:04 pm

Explain Jer.14;2, Judah is were the word Jew derived from, Job 30;30 Jer.8;21 Jer.5;10 tells you they were Black because at this time thier was a Famine and intellectual ppl know when ppl of color get sick or are starving their skin gets dark,dark europeans get pale thats why those fake jews over in Israel got pale during the holocaust because they were being starved. Song of Sol.1;5 is another scripture clearly telling you the were dark-skinned ppl. REv.11;15did say his feet were like brass but it said as if they burned in a fire you cant get nothin light if its burned so its telling you it was DARK. But it doesnt matter if your not meant to see it you wont you just fit into the 2/3rds that are prophesied to die at the 2nd coming because you reject knowledge like the prophecy says Hosea 4;6 My people are destroyed for a lack of Knowldege: because thou has rejected knowledge. You see black jews everyday thier known as you so called negroes walkin around here in AmeriKKKa along with the Hispanics and N. American Indians who make up the true Israelites not those fakes in Israel Rev.2;9 and Rev.3;9 says their Liars and are not the Jews they dont fit one prophecy in Deut.28;41-68. Verse 68 is the key which explains that the Jews would go into egypt which is symbolic for slavery on ships try cargo slave ships. Now tell me who does this fit? But again half of you wont even read these scriptures even though you claim you were soooo moved by the the Passion of Christ but yet you wont pick up his word and read it. So that on ya'll youve been offered the red and blue pill but most of you are gonna take the blue and go right back to sleep in the matrix known as Amerikkka nuff said http://www.theholyconceptionunit.org. But youll wish you woulda listened to that crazy brotha onstreetgangs.com when you gotta meet your maker face to face and he tells you that you were told but you were to hard headed to listen and tells his angels cast his wicked ass into the lake of fire

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 3rd, 2004, 9:48 am

^^ It should be apparent, in my opinion, that misinformation and racial preference can color one's thinking. Now you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Probably best just to move on everyone and let the misinformed haters work through their own issues. Peace.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 3rd, 2004, 7:44 pm

Last one for the record its not about hate, its just about truth those who dont want to hear truth are the real haters. But like you said rockets lets move on. I just wonder why the truth still isnt being told and thats all I wanted to bring out by my 1st comment. But we'll all see one day so until then. peace(Shalam)

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » March 3rd, 2004, 11:10 pm

The movie is real good, the best movie on Christ I've ever seen.

I gotta agree with the majority 'bout the color issue being less important then the message.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 6th, 2004, 1:24 pm

G bka C.rum wrote:Explain Jer.14;2, Judah is were the word Jew derived from, Job 30;30 Jer.8;21 Jer.5;10 tells you they were Black because at this time thier was a Famine and intellectual ppl know when ppl of color get sick or are starving their skin gets dark,dark europeans get pale thats why those fake jews over in Israel got pale during the holocaust because they were being starved. Song of Sol.1;5 is another scripture clearly telling you the were dark-skinned ppl. REv.11;15did say his feet were like brass but it said as if they burned in a fire you cant get nothin light if its burned so its telling you it was DARK. But it doesnt matter if your not meant to see it you wont you just fit into the 2/3rds that are prophesied to die at the 2nd coming because you reject knowledge like the prophecy says Hosea 4;6 My people are destroyed for a lack of Knowldege: because thou has rejected knowledge. You see black jews everyday thier known as you so called negroes walkin around here in AmeriKKKa along with the Hispanics and N. American Indians who make up the true Israelites not those fakes in Israel Rev.2;9 and Rev.3;9 says their Liars and are not the Jews they dont fit one prophecy in Deut.28;41-68. Verse 68 is the key which explains that the Jews would go into egypt which is symbolic for slavery on ships try cargo slave ships. Now tell me who does this fit? But again half of you wont even read these scriptures even though you claim you were soooo moved by the the Passion of Christ but yet you wont pick up his word and read it. So that on ya'll youve been offered the red and blue pill but most of you are gonna take the blue and go right back to sleep in the matrix known as Amerikkka nuff said http://www.theholyconceptionunit.org. But youll wish you woulda listened to that crazy brotha onstreetgangs.com when you gotta meet your maker face to face and he tells you that you were told but you were to hard headed to listen and tells his angels cast his wicked ass into the lake of fire

Yo I understand what you are saying which a lot is true, but the bible never said he was black. They say his skin was dark like copper and hair of wool. I dont know any blk people with hair like wool. I know they say he was a jew. But I still think the movie is still worth checking out.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 10th, 2004, 1:44 am

blk joker, you are absolutely correct. The Bible never states that we was Black, that's why I stated earlier, we just can't say and any reference to details about Jesus' physical appearence would be pure supposition.

I will say this though, Jesus was most likely not white, being that he was born in the middle east and he blended in well with the people of the time. Also he probable was not African, becasue 2,000 years people there appeared to be what your typical Middle Eastern looks like today.

It would be more cosistent with the Scriptures to say that Jesus was Asiatic, being that he was born on the Asian continent and interacted and mingled mostly with other Asiatics. Asiatis are not African nor Causasian so perhaps Jesus was neither. But again, no one can factually say. Let be real about it.

The movie was great but what actor would you have play him i you can choose?

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » March 10th, 2004, 11:06 pm

those bible scriptures are true, but he didnt come into this world to have the color of his flesh debated. jesue said if i be lifted up i will draw ALL men unto me!!! that pretty much sums up the whole world. it was his own people that killed him because they were like many of today wanna believe what they wanna believe

PEACE!!!

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 12th, 2004, 2:07 am

You cant estimate and say Christ mightve been Asiatic the bible clearly says he was a Jew of the tribe of Judah Heb.7:14 which is a nationality not a religion, everybody makes some halfway good points but the scriptures say other wise many times the scriptures did say the Jews were black but in the Tanach or what some call the Torah the word black actually translates into dark-skinned. Really when you look at us so-called African-Americans we're not black our skin color ranges from a dark-brown to a light brown. Black is a title that we just accepted after slavery which by the way fits biblical prophecy of what would happen to the TRUE Israelites in Deut.28;43-68 especially 68. And everyone admitted that the Jews and Christ were dark skinned how are there NO dark skinned jews 2day that doesnt make since, even the President of Egypt before the 7 day war in 1948 said you left Jerusalem black how is it that you have come back white we cannot accept this you will never have peace in this land, thats why theres war in Israel because the Arabs know who the Real Jews are and the feel the have more right to that land until the REAL jews return. The color issue is just part of what the bible is about but far from the Major picture which is doing what it says which we all have failed to do. And for the record not all Jews had a part in murdering Christ it was the Chief High Priests and Pharisees and like you said his people that didnt want to get right and follow the laws just like us so-called negroes,hispanics and indians today who dont want to hear the truth and dont want to turn back to your God who turned him over to the Romans and the Romans were the ones who actually physically killed him.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 13th, 2004, 12:06 am

G bka whatever. Are you serious? Please stop posting bullshi-. African Americans come in all sifferent shades? No shi-. that's because none of them are 100% african. The lighter you are, the more white, indian, etc. is mixed in your genes. You don't find any yellow mf'ers many places in africa, only where there was mixing going on. back then all africans were black except for the north coast which tended to be lighter and less "african". Like the egyptians who were fairly dark skinned, but they had straight hair.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 13th, 2004, 3:22 am

Another knucklehead that dont know nothing, its funny how everybody talks a good game but cant bring no scriptures or proof for their arguments two ppl brought scriptures and one wasnt even relevant to the subject I brought out. You trying to tell me all africans are the same color and if they are lighter then the others they have mixed blood I can clearly see your in ignorance if thats the case why are the ethiopians lighter than the Somalians why is Nelson Mandela lighter than other South Africans have you ever heard of an Albino that has nothin to do with being mixed dumb a$$ fools always postin things with no facts every race has people of different shades which doesnt always mean that your mixed. If you did research which I clearly see you dont, if you read the Willie Lynch letter a slave master clearly said when he 1st started breakin in his slaves fresh of the boat he used differences like light skin slaves versus the dark slaves and slaves with straighter hair vs ones with kinkier hair to cause division now they use colored rags and streets to divide you silly brothas, but from this letter it clearly said we were different shades of brown before we started being forced to integrate, The lord said his heritage is as a speckled bird Jer.12;9 which means his people are all different colors He says Israel is his heritage in Ps.136;21-22 so so complexion doesnt always mean youve mixed races. As for the African foolishness the negroes here are not original africans again if you research history there a book called from Babylon to Timbuktu written by Rudolph R. Windsor who is a biblical scholar who researched and found out that the real Jews were so called black people and proved that in 70 A.D the black Jews fleein Roman persecution fled into Africa to escape and hid among the Africans but in the latter 1500's the African and Arabs teamed up and sold the Black jews into slavery to caucasions the Africans sold black jews not Africans but you ignorant negroes think you African but real Africans know your not of the same ethnic nationality as them thats why when the come over here they dont even deal with us bcause the know but most of us just dont know. But again most of this information will go in one ear and out the other because most wont even research the scriptures that have been posted or research any books or history thus proving what they say if you want to hid something from someone (especially us minorities) put it in a book because we dont read or research sh!%, like I said prove me wrong with scripture or historical facts not you own vain opinion

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 13th, 2004, 6:48 pm

Tell me G bka C.rum what continent is Israel on? The answer to that is why I said Jesus is Asiatic as opposed to African.

Also the war in 1948 is called the "6 Day War" not 7.

And there are dark skin Jews there today, they are not hard to find. There are actually over 1 million Arabs that live in Isreal and there are dark ones, brown and light. There are many Palestinians that live in Israel and it is just a group of mixed Asiatic blood people with some African and European.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 13th, 2004, 8:06 pm

I hear you Alonso but the Jews and Arabs are two different nationalities Arabs trace their lineage to Ishmael and Jews trace thiers back to Jacob. Yeah their are a few jews you see with some pigmintation but it looks like a light,light tan the dark people that your seeing over there are most likely Arabs or Falasha jews who are ethiopians who were converted in the 5th century during the Assyrian captivity of Israel 2Kings 17;24-28. Actually the U.S. government flew them into Israel in the late 70's or 80's to cover up the real jews(negroes) being in thier last captivity here in America Aka Babylon the Great according to Revalations because the Arabs were making noise about the real jews being black so to further the cover up they flew them in and called it operation Solomon, so that way they could say there are black jews in the land. But ima wash my hands of this topic unless someone comes with a strong point. Also I guess you can say Asia minor Alonso but really the Land of Canaan is more apropriate

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 14th, 2004, 8:47 pm

Abraham is the father to both those lines homie, and there is not much difference in your average Arab and your average Jew today on the streets of metro Tel Aviv. If you go to Tel Aviv you will not see much difference from the average person on the street whether they be Arab or Jew. What we see on TV are the Angle Jews that run the country and most of us in the US think thats what the Jews look like when you go there, but dont be fooled.

Yes there are black Ethiopian Jews, but since when are we callin them the "real" Jews or Hebrews? Again, we don't know if the Hebrews in the Bible were Black in the sense of African like a Dinka from the Sudan or just dark like Momar Khadafi.

And the land of Canaan has been long gone along with the Hivites, Jebusites, Hittites, and Perizzites. That was about 3,000 years ago.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » March 14th, 2004, 9:26 pm

Actually Abraham was Ishmaels father, and the Jews came from Jacob(Israel) who came from Isaac who the Jews stemmed from. I hear what your sayin Zo. It takes much extensive research to get at what im saying along with linking up the prophecies of the bible especially Gen.49;1-33 and the curses that would befall the Children of Israel in Deut.28 but like many will say it all comes down to having a open mind and believing the bible as it was written. being a Jew is a nationality Judaism is a religion theres a difference thats what I mean when I say real jews and what not. But again this is begining to be a endless subject.

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » March 22nd, 2004, 11:59 am

They (the directors of the movie) did a good job on how our "LORD" suffer for all of our sin's...............................................................
~DreamerGirl~

Im just glad to see people debating over issues about "JESUS" instead of gangs..........................Cool Subject stateraised2000