The End of the World

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

The End of the World

Unread post by Sentenza » December 28th, 2007, 6:49 am

How many of you on here believe it will happen like its stated in the Bible, the Quran, or whatever your holy book is? Just curious.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » January 2nd, 2008, 2:54 am

In that religion, they describe the apocolypse and that humans and earth will not survive.

In science, if the human race doesn't destroy itself within a million years, pack your bags, you're new home is Mars. :D

But really, think about it. When you're reading about it or imagining it, it feels so epic.

But really?

Iraq War. It's hell on earth for them right now. For us, it's just some extra boring news.

Uhhhhhhh...

If it's happening in another place, then chances are you won't feel shit.

If it's happening here, it's not very epic like the bible describes it.

What you see is what you get. War. They make it sounds like it affects you physiclly and physcollogiclly 24/7. Like it's constant torture.

You know what? You feel normal during war except when a scary and stressful incedent happens to your family.

For example, pushing shit too far and overreacting.

My mom and dad tried to put a mattress someway impossibly into a place beside a big desk, and the corner was yeah whatever blah blah blah...

Well I'm in the other room, thinking who knows what will happen, praying, holding my ears shut and walking back and fourth, begging god nothing bad to happen.

Then all of a sudden my dad screams in his loud terrifying fucking scream that scared away a robber with a gun:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LEG IS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like this is the end of my life. I go into the room to find his fingers on his feet to be a little cut inbetween. That's it. I endure more phsycological damage.

Then my golden retriever puppy, it starts screaming and crying like crazy on my deck, and I'm thinking WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, and as usual, my dad panicks and scares the shit out of me and the whole neighbourhood like who knows what the fuck is going on, and I'm thinking shit like they gonna have to cut off a body part etc. I pray to god close my ears in the other room fuck fuck what's going on. Then the screaming stops, both my dad and my puppy.

I go in the other room to find my puppy just fine. I ask them what happened they said the tag thing on his collar got caught between the holes in the deck so he started chocking, so they cut it off. More physological damage from home.

Also, their arguing and fighting. Screaming. My whole childhood. That was the worst home experiances ever. Hope a thing like that never happens again! :cry:

Besides, that, shit I've had to deal with at school. Omg. THE FUCKING KIDS. The reason why I feel like shit around other youths. Nervous anxious and this and that. And the teachers and principals tell me it's my fault!!! THEY SHOULDNT BE FUCKING WITH ME IN THE FIRST PLACE NO MATTER WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outragous!

With all the stresses and adult shit I've been exposed to throughout my life, people wonder why I am so smart about things adults only have to deal with. Experiance.

I may not be able to make alot of friends and keep relationships, socialize like a normal person and whatnot, but I know what life is like.

Now, just the moments are stressful. Longterm effects ar ehorrendous. But longterm experiance with let's say war, a horrible incident in your life during war will only happen a few times that it stresses you out so much.

You know what I do now when someone says fuck you and starts bitching to me face to face:

Smile, laugh and walk away. They're funny. I'm rich bitch and you're not! Well not really... I usually say fuck you back and stomp their fucking head in till brain matter spills on the sidewalk. Not yet though but I will.

Hip hop people. They make me laugh everytime I see one. The people that did the most damage to me in school. Now they're funny. YO GANGSTA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The laughing part only counts for internet. FUCK YOU MOK OR FUCK YOU BOSS OR FUCKING YOU - insert my name -

?

Shh child.

Hrhrhr. No really. I don't think it will happen like in the bible to you alone. Not personally. But all in all overall it can look pretty horrible.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The End of the World

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 3rd, 2008, 5:00 pm

Sentenza wrote:How many of you on here believe it will happen like its stated in the Bible, the Quran, or whatever your holy book is? Just curious.
That's an enduring question, Sen. If one follows the Bible, Qur'an, Torah, etc., then time(when "time" actually started), calendars(and who's calendar is truly accurate??), and holy scriptures(and God said, the Prophet Muhammad, Jevohah),
then the cataclysim will occurr, most definitely. When(not how) is the question. In contrast, if one is to follow science and
it's peripheries(evolution, climate change, meteors(INCOMING!!), parallel universes), then it has to be approached with logic and reason. That being said/written, I dont believe in the spooked out version of doomsday.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 3rd, 2008, 9:59 pm

ManifestTruth wrote: That being said/written, I dont believe in the spooked out version of doomsday.
Yea thats what i meant with that question.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 3rd, 2008, 10:54 pm

I am not even trying to challenge anyones beliefs, i just heard, that more than 100 million americans believe in the end of the world as stated in the bible. I was wondering if thats true.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 4th, 2008, 2:46 am

i believe humans will end themselves.

that or an inevitable disaster, such as comets etc.

you gotta remember, the earth is still changing, it aint even that old, we just happen to be here.....

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 4th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Sentenza wrote:I am not even trying to challenge anyones beliefs, i just heard, that more than 100 million americans believe in the end of the world as stated in the bible. I was wondering if thats true.
100 million Americans would be what, roughly 1/3 of our population? That sounds about accurate. When discussing life
with my European friends(Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Spain, Finland), it's crystal clear they have a radically different
view on life and death. Seldom is the talk about being saved, doomsday, or an imminent cataclysim that'll destroy us
all. More reality based I guess you can say. I think that's why Americans tend to find Europeans(especially Eastern variety)
cyborg-like.

ps-absolutely nothing wrong with challenging another's belief. its when judgement is passed people get butthurt..

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 4th, 2008, 12:34 pm

pistolslanga wrote:i believe humans will end themselves.

that or an inevitable disaster, such as comets etc.

you gotta remember, the earth is still changing, it aint even that old, we just happen to be here.....
Yessir...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 4th, 2008, 12:45 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
Sentenza wrote:I am not even trying to challenge anyones beliefs, i just heard, that more than 100 million americans believe in the end of the world as stated in the bible. I was wondering if thats true.
100 million Americans would be what, roughly 1/3 of our population? That sounds about accurate. When discussing life
with my European friends(Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Spain, Finland), it's crystal clear they have a radically different
view on life and death. Seldom is the talk about being saved, doomsday, or an imminent cataclysim that'll destroy us
all. More reality based I guess you can say. I think that's why Americans tend to find Europeans(especially Eastern variety)
cyborg-like.

ps-absolutely nothing wrong with challenging another's belief. its when judgement is passed people get butthurt..
Thats why i brought it up. If you would talk about Doomsday here, 95% of the people will think you are schizophrenic, lol.

I think i can say that i have never had someone in my environment who believed in all that in my whole life so far. At least not that i remember.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 4th, 2008, 12:46 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
cyborg-like.

Thats why i brought it up. If you would talk about Doomsday here, 95% of the people will think you are schizophrenic, lol.

I think i can say that i have never had someone in my environment who believed in all that in my whole life so far. At least not that i remember.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 17th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Honestly, I would be surprised if it didn't given the nature of mankind and the mad rush of technology (especially nuclear technology). I hope to be long gone though before the end of the world comes.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 6th, 2008, 2:30 am

Thier will be a doomsday and all will die except for the ones that God wishes to remain, read the Qur'an it gives great detail on this

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » July 8th, 2008, 9:29 pm

Mankind destroys mother earth,,like sucking it's resourses ,,and ppl already tried to test most powerful nuclear weapons..right now ppl wokring on biological weapons..and so on..whenever the end comes ppl already will have 1000s of things to kill themselves before the actual end)

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 8th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Thats an interesting point, which is entirely possible.

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » July 8th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Yes,u c,i dont need to be a hardcore muslim or hardcore christian or be in any religion whatsoever to have my point of view which i build having strong facts...

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 8th, 2008, 10:57 pm

well I am a Muslim, not strong muslim but pretty close, anyways how many movies have been made on the end of the world?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 9th, 2008, 1:34 am

Vincetheprince wrote:Thier will be a doomsday and all will die except for the ones that God wishes to remain, read the Qur'an it gives great detail on this
I haven't read the quran, but I know it has some stuff like in the bible & this is 1 of them.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 9th, 2008, 11:20 am

you're right

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » July 12th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Think of real life. If you are a person that has never witnessed something terrible.

Go outside. Go into the city. All of a sudden you witness an explosion. Then all you hear is people screaming and panic, with no music, but silence. Then all of a sudden you see a bunch of fighter jets roaring above your head and past you. Now imagine a nuke hits in the distance. A deaf silence imerges. A bright flash. You go blind. You feel painful intense heat for a second you couldn't imagine. Then you don't feel anything, hear anything, see anything.

Think of it as something as dark as I Am Legend or Cloverfield. That's how the end of the world will be like. Dark. Just dark. No peaches and cream here. It's a horror movie. A serious one, not some laughable action flick. A phsycological science fiction thriller. :)

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » July 12th, 2008, 5:29 pm

razbojnik wrote:Think of real life. If you are a person that has never witnessed something terrible.

Go outside. Go into the city. All of a sudden you witness an explosion. Then all you hear is people screaming and panic, with no music, but silence. Then all of a sudden you see a bunch of fighter jets roaring above your head and past you. Now imagine a nuke hits in the distance. A deaf silence imerges. A bright flash. You go blind. You feel painful intense heat for a second you couldn't imagine. Then you don't feel anything, hear anything, see anything.

Think of it as something as dark as I Am Legend or Cloverfield. That's how the end of the world will be like. Dark. Just dark. No peaches and cream here. It's a horror movie. A serious one, not some laughable action flick. A phsycological science fiction thriller. :)
Oh and War of the Worlds. Except without the cinematic music. :D

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 13th, 2008, 2:23 pm

read the qur'an bible torrah and you can believe in whatever floats your boat

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » July 13th, 2008, 3:57 pm

The world revolves around the world.

How about that? This means we can't get sucked into the sun. :)

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 13th, 2008, 6:45 pm

that would be nice, in fairyland it's not true although I wsh it were

Kyo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Kyo » July 13th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Lots of people think that world will end in 2012. Last time i heard this is in "esoteric agenda" movie.Some say that the world will end and some say that there will b some kind of transition.

What do you all think about that?

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » July 14th, 2008, 4:00 am

Kyo wrote:Lots of people think that world will end in 2012. Last time i heard this is in "esoteric agenda" movie.Some say that the world will end and some say that there will b some kind of transition.

What do you all think about that?
There are plenty of theories for this.

I heard that the internet will run out of space by 2012, aka the end of the internet. It also says it's a year of change. Also, a large comet is supposed to pass us in 2012. It may not be the end of the world though...

Also, by 2012 most major powers would have finished their Future Soldier/Military program and would have put it in use.

Personally, 2012 is the date I think when World War 3 starts. It's too soon to be the end of the world. :D

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 14th, 2008, 9:00 am

well that would suck if thier was a world war 3 in 2012

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » July 14th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:well that would suck if thier was a world war 3 in 2012
At least 500 million people dead is an estimate of casualties, let alone wounded and missing.

So imagine the scale of World War 2 only 10x much more, with modern weaponary. Exclude nukes. What do you expect happens when one plane carries a 100-200 bombs when it carried like 20 of them which were all dumb in WW2?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 15th, 2008, 12:19 am

the world doesn't end in 2012, an age ends and we enter into a new one. That 2012 shit is based off of a Mayan calendar which is circular, meaning it is infinite.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 15th, 2008, 2:47 am

perongregory wrote:the world doesn't end in 2012, an age ends and we enter into a new one. That 2012 shit is based off of a Mayan calendar which is circular, meaning it is infinite.
Yea its funny to me how people keep coming up with these end of the world scenarios. Its been predicted that the world will end like a million times already and people always were sure that THIS time its the truth. But hey, i am still pretty alive.
I am pretty sure that the erath will be around longer than mankind will be if we continue to act stupid like we do.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 15th, 2008, 5:16 am

perfectly said Sentenza

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 15th, 2008, 8:58 am

When 2012 comes around uneventful, they'll claim they misinterpreted the Mayan calendar incorrectly and throw out another year.....it's not like they haven't done that before haha.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » July 15th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Azure9920 wrote:When 2012 comes around uneventful, they'll claim they misinterpreted the Mayan calendar incorrectly and throw out another year.....it's not like they haven't done that before haha.
1999 was the last time they said this.

It won't end, but your right, we will enter a new age. Oh shit! I know where we are, ahem:

Historical periods
Further information: History of the world
Ancient history, Classical antiquity
Mesopotamia (6000 BC - 1100 BC)
Indus Valley Civilization (3300 BC - 1300 BC)
Old Kingdom (Egypt, 3000 BC - 2000 BC)
Middle Kingdom (Egypt, 2000 BC - 1300 BC)
Shang Dynasty (China 1800 BC - 1200 BC)
Vedic Period (India 1500 BC - 500 BC)
New Kingdom (Egypt, 1300 BC - 700 BC)
Zhou Dynasty (China 1200 BC - 500 BC)
Ancient Greece (Greece and Near East, c. 1000 BC- 31 BC, see Timeline of Ancient Greece)
Jomon period (Japan 800 BC-400 BC)
Ancient Rome 509 BC - 476)
Yayoi Period (Japan 400 BC - 300)
Kofun Period (Japan 300- 600)
Migration Period (Europe 200 - 700)
Middle Ages (Europe, 4th century - 15th century)
Early Middle Ages European (500-1000 CE)
Dark Age (Europe, 4th century - 900)
Viking Age (Scandinavia, Europe, 793 - 1066)
Asuka period, Nara period, Heian period, Kamakura period, Muromachi period, and Azuchi-Momoyama period (Japan, 538 - 1603)
Southern and Northern Dynasties, Sui Dynasty, Tang Dynasty, Period of Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (China, 420 - 960), Liao Dynasty, Song Dynasty, Jin Dynasty (1115–1234), Western Xia Dynasty, Yuan Dynasty, and Ming Dynasty (China, 220 - 1644)
Classic and Postclassic eras, Central America (200 - 1519)
Gupta Empire, Pala Empire, Rashtrakuta, Hoysala Empire, and Kakatiya Empire (India, 280 – 1323)
Islamic Golden Age (Islam, 700 - 1300)
High Middle Ages (Feudalism) European military expansion (1000–1450 CE)
Srivijaya (Indonesia, 3rd century to 14th century), Tarumanagara (358-723), Sailendra (8th & 9th centuries), Kingdom of Sunda (669-1579), Kingdom of Mataram (752–1045), Kediri (1045–1221), Singhasari (1222–1292), Majapahit (1293–1500)
Chenla (Cambodia, 630 – 802) and Khmer Empire (Cambodia, 802 – 1432)
Anterior Lý Dynasty and Triệu Việt Vương, Third Chinese domination, Khúc Family, Dương Đình Nghệ, Kiều Công Tiễn, Ngô Dynasty, The 12 Lords Rebellion, Đinh Dynasty, Prior Lê Dynasty, Lý Dynasty, Trần Dynasty, Hồ Dynasty, Fourth Chinese domination (Vietnam, 544 - 1427)
Early Intermediate, Middle Horizon, Late Intermediate, Late Horizon (Peru, 200 - 1534)
Huari, Chimú, Chincha, Chanka Confederation, Tiwanaku, Inca
Late Middle Ages European (1300–1500 CE)
Early modern period (Europe, 14th century - 18th century)
The Renaissance (Europe, 14th century - 16th century)
Age of Discovery (or Exploration) (Europe, 15th century - 17th century)
Elizabethan period (United Kingdom, 1558 - 1603)
The Protestant Reformation (Europe, 16th century)
Jacobean Era (United Kingdom, 1603-1625)
The Age of Enlightenment (or Reason) (Europe,18th century)
Tokugawa shogunate (Japan, 1603 - 1868)
Mughal Empire (India, 1526 - 1857)
Ottoman Empire (Islam, 1299 – 1923)
Qing dynasty (China, 1644 - 1912)
Spanish hegemony (Americas, 16th century - 1820s; Europe, 16th and 17th century, Philippines, 1525 - 1898)
Modern era (Europe, 18th century - 20th century)
Industrial Revolution (Europe, United States, elsewhere 18th and 19th centuries)
(along with early modern era) Age of European colonialism and imperialism
Napoleonic Era (1799 - 1815)
Georgian Era (United Kingdom, 1714 - 1830)
Victorian era (United Kingdom, 1837 - 1901); British hegemony, much of world, around the same time period.
Edwardian period (United Kingdom, 1901 - 1910)
Meiji era (Japan, 1868 - 1912)
Machine Age(1900 - 1945)
World War I (Much of Earth, 1914 - 1918)
Interwar period (Earth, 1918 - 1939 or 1937)
World War II (Earth, 1937 or 1939 - 1945)
Post-Modern (USA, 1949 - Present)
Atomic Age (after 1945)
Cold War (Soviet Union and United States, as well their allied states, 1945 - 1989 or 1991)
Space Age (after 1957)
Information Age (1971 - Present)

The Digital Age has already begun, and The Nano Age will begin in 2020.

May I remind you that they sell only manual transmission cars in Macedonia. Maybe in 2012 they start selling automatic transmisson while in the US they start selling cars that drive themselves? :P Then once they sell those types of cars here, they will be selling flying cars in the US. :P

It's not my fault we are a tiny spectacle on the map both in terms of land and population thus the investment in the country isn't so great...

But damn it, think of it from an ideological perspective..................................

Macedonians will one day overtake the Jews are the richest people in the world. :D