race war: blacks vs mexicans I

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: race war: blacks vs mexicans

Unread post by E`S`T » November 18th, 2003, 12:27 pm

trust me cenzi, if Lowrider Mag were to hold a peace rally for Hispanics and Blacks, or Blacks and Blacks, or Hispanics and Hispanics, whatever you want, shyt would still jump off. There is too much hatred that goes far back. Mainly on street gang level shyt and pen shyt. Ese's in Hawaiian Garden's burning innocent black families homes, Ese's in East Los shooting at black people. F13 vs. Ecc, 38th St. vs. BSP, the list goes on and on. something that starts out positive usually turns out negative. We used to play football ganes with other varrios and after the game's shyt was firme until someone got drunk and brought up some old shyt..next thing you know fools were getting down left and right..I don't know if any black gangs can relate, but I do know all the ese varrios know wass up..(stateraised, wcrockets, big dusty loco, etc) you all know what time it is...lol..anyways homeboy, peace out dog..by the way when we(E/S TORRANCE) played Carson 13..we won the game..lol

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » November 18th, 2003, 1:29 pm

samdoobie wrote:trust me cenzi, if Lowrider Mag were to hold a peace rally for Hispanics and Blacks, or Blacks and Blacks, or Hispanics and Hispanics, whatever you want, shyt would still jump off. There is too much hatred that goes far back. Mainly on street gang level shyt and pen shyt. Ese's in Hawaiian Garden's burning innocent black families homes, Ese's in East Los shooting at black people. F13 vs. Ecc, 38th St. vs. BSP, the list goes on and on. something that starts out positive usually turns out negative. We used to play football ganes with other varrios and after the game's shyt was firme until someone got drunk and brought up some old shyt..next thing you know fools were getting down left and right..I don't know if any black gangs can relate, but I do know all the ese varrios know wass up..(stateraised, wcrockets, big dusty loco, etc) you all know what time it is...lol..anyways homeboy, peace out dog..by the way when we(E/S TORRANCE) played Carson 13..we won the game..lol
Qvole Samdoobie. In my opinion most Chicanos/Blacks on the streets are cool with eachother aslong as there is respect. It only takes one young knucklehead to trip and the rest usually follow than go against there own homie. The one tripping is usually the bigggest punk trying to make a name. Thats sad. Anyways stateraisedI didnt know you were from ESTorrance. I was busted with a EST back in 91/92 who had tats on his face. Im sure you know who he is. Alrato .Paz

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 18th, 2003, 1:50 pm

Like i had said before, It's in the intrest of certain elements in our goverment, to keep peace from ever hitting the streets. If there is gang and race wars going on in the streets and the pens, and black and brown faces keep revoling in and out of the system, and filling up the Coroner's office, it keeps their attention from the big picture,; it's not really about race, it's an economic thing, Green, and the other homeboy said, and it's about who has it, and who doesn't have it. And in LA alot of Black and Brown families don't have it, so that leaves you at the bottom of the food chain as the goverment see's it you know?, Bottom feeders. People to do the work it takes for society to keep going that the rich don't want to do. And those at the bottom are kept in their place to maintain that structure. That is why the police are there in my opinion, is to remind you of where you belong. They'll let you sell a little dope, kill a few folks, but don't you ever cross that line and start killin rich folks, think about it it makes sense.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » November 18th, 2003, 2:03 pm

But I am still confused as to how corporate amerikka is involved in all of this. I know there is a crack conspiracy and all, but gangsters don't have any ties to big corporations. I am not sideing with the police and why they let rough neighborhoods go down the drain, but if YOU were a cop and saw day in and day out these young knuckleheads standing on the corner, slanging, banging, robbing, and getting killed, wouldn't you let them go at it? I guess my thought process has changed since I became a free man and started my education...lol..I now respect the law, BUT I am very weary and I DO NOT TRUST those mofo's..Anyways homeboy, seems like you got a good head and thought process going on..stay up homes..also peace to Gibby and all the other ese's, crips, bloods and whatever you claim to be for spreading the knowledge..alrato

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 18th, 2003, 2:43 pm

wcrockets wrote:I suppose if you could compare Mexican and Black environments and then contrast them it would add to this discussion but Pershing is always bring his "white" perspective. Fine I guess in some instances but I just wonder why you here. Lol. You got the right don't get me wrong. I just don't see how you share much in common with these Dawgs and Cats.
FUck you asshole, fucking shit bitch ass. I kill you assfucker. you're dead fucker. I am going to rip off your head and ya heart, if you even have one.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » November 18th, 2003, 3:12 pm

Any way you play it or want to rationalize your situation, you know do what you got to do on your path to self-realization. Some people got different aspirations, be a successful rapper, a successful businessman, a successful preacher, a successful gangster. I don't buy the whole, system's trying to keep you down thing. Police are around to police the people in the community. There are definite levels of economic status here, but everybody does have the chance/choice to make a move. The barriers are there for sure, the institutional racism/prejudices..but hey sometimes you can work around it. Like Doctors are mostly white, they can't do chit without a nurse, who are mostly of color. Bust a strike, doctors are useless. We got checks and balances in this system. And we also got role-players in this system. Ever wonder if your just meant to be a bus driver? A doctor? An inmate? You got those that do or don't do. Mover's and shakers. THen you got the complacent, the calm, the "don't rock the boat" types who go in a do their thing day in and day out.

Is this problem a big conspiracy? Pitting race against race? Is it a big corporate scheme to keep poor people poor? Yes and no. Sometimes it feels that way, but in reality it can change. You can change your situation by making those sacrifices to get "up" there. OR you can change THEIR situation by bringing them "down" here. The most scariest thing for a rich person is to be poor, especially if they were never poor before. The scariest thing for a poor person is I don't know what cause the only way to go from there is up. The rich will fight tooth and nail to keep what they have going. The poor survive on what they have, neither losing or gaining. The middle class is stuck, eventually heading to either extreme. Can we all be rich? Should we all be poor? Remember homies, we live in a capatilistic system. Money talks...bull caca walks!

But what's more important to you? Money? Power? Health? When you put it all in perspective, the black vs. brown war is stupid, but it's reality. Like I said before, mutual respect can get both sides communicating...but ignorant acts will just fuel the flame for hate. Me, I think latinos are like what they used to call China, a sleeping elephant. Once they wake up and see what they got on the table, they can run chit for sure. Is it good or bad? I don't know, can't say. All that matters to me is that you give me a fair shake and treat me with the same respect I give you...can't ask for more or less.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » November 18th, 2003, 5:32 pm

good post BDL..and pershing who are those bottom comments directed at? why you catching feelings and saying negative shyt? thought you knew homie..elvis lover..lol

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 18th, 2003, 5:59 pm

wassup gibby, nah homie i aint from ESTorrance, i'm from Artesia... by the way hows Gabby from the fence doing? and jerry morales? i was in tehachapi back in the early 80's with both of them...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 18th, 2003, 6:15 pm

Pershing calm down. It was just an opinion. I mean you do say things like that at times and I'm not really sure why. But you have a right to say them just like I have a right to pick at them to try to understand them better. You've no cause to make threats like that at anyone on this board including me. That's pretty much over the top.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » November 18th, 2003, 8:03 pm

stateraised2000 wrote:wassup gibby, nah homie i aint from ESTorrance, i'm from Artesia... by the way hows Gabby from the fence doing? and jerry morales? i was in tehachapi back in the early 80's with both of them...
QVole SS. That question was meant for Samdoobie, dispensa. I never knew a Gabby From WF. What was Jerry Morales placa? I was bangin the Hole clicka from about 89-94. I stay in contact with a few select homie. Alrato. Paz

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 18th, 2003, 8:05 pm

You're right BDL. Just as a sidenote, I remember the news reporting Mother Teresa as saying in an interview that the rich who ended up poor were the hardest to invigorate with hope and life again. I like what you're saying about people striving for their goals too. I try to help my friends/homies see their potential and define goals to go for. Isn't that really what life is about? The three things I value the most would be relationships over materialism, good health (until it's time to go anyways), and wisdom (which I never seem to have enough of.. anyone else ever feel like that?). Be interesting to hear what other's put first.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 18th, 2003, 8:32 pm

""QVole SS. That question was meant for Samdoobie, dispensa. I never knew a Gabby From WF. What was Jerry Morales placa? I was bangin the Hole clicka from about 89-94. I stay in contact with a few select homie. Alrato. Paz""

85~86 and 87 gabby and jerry were both about 32~33 years old. so they would be about 48-50 years old now. i just knew jerry by Big Jerry, he had a hyna named rosie who he had kids by. both gabby and Jerry were well known. both been "stateraised" too. especially gabby. i also know some other of your homies, Topo, angel r.i.p.(who was previously claiming GL)and some others that i cant recall their names right now.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » November 18th, 2003, 9:29 pm

stateraised2000 wrote:""QVole SS. That question was meant for Samdoobie, dispensa. I never knew a Gabby From WF. What was Jerry Morales placa? I was bangin the Hole clicka from about 89-94. I stay in contact with a few select homie. Alrato. Paz""

85~86 and 87 gabby and jerry were both about 32~33 years old. so they would be about 48-50 years old now. i just knew jerry by Big Jerry, he had a hyna named rosie who he had kids by. both gabby and Jerry were well known. both been "stateraised" too. especially gabby. i also know some other of your homies, Topo, angel r.i.p.(who was previously claiming GL)and some others that i cant recall their names right now.
I never heard of them guys. They must have been around in my uncles and Dad's generation. My Dad is 49 and my uncle is 46. My Dad never banged for the Neighborhood, but my uncle did. They were both real popular athletes at Rosevelt High. Ill see if they know them. I knew alot of the older guys in the hood, but never knew any of the people you mentioned. Paz

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 18th, 2003, 10:19 pm

I didn't know trash from ghettos, projects, or trailer parks could afford computers, let alone internet access.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 18th, 2003, 11:29 pm

Yes. More and more people in the hood are learning how to use computers and through them a LOT of info about the world we live in. People like me spend a lot of time and energy in their spare time finding good used computers from companies that are upgrading and then roll them out to inner city missions, kid's education programs, and men's rehabilitation homes. It is a chance to bring love and a positive message along with real help to them. Good begetting good. Oh the stories I could tell you Pershing about people who have made it to a positive track. I'll never forget the letter I got from a young Spanish widow who had nowhere else to go but was able to start her life over with the help of a local computer education center in a Teen Challenge center. I could introduce you to some changed fellas if you're interested and searching or want to hear their story but you'll have to stop threatening to kill me first.. lol. That's kind of a prerequisite you crazy guy. Peace.

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 18th, 2003, 11:51 pm

Alright I was just kidding about that.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 19th, 2003, 1:22 am

wcrockets wrote:You're right BDL. Just as a sidenote, I remember the news reporting Mother Teresa as saying in an interview that the rich who ended up poor were the hardest to invigorate with hope and life again. I like what you're saying about people striving for their goals too. I try to help my friends/homies see their potential and define goals to go for. Isn't that really what life is about? The three things I value the most would be relationships over materialism, good health (until it's time to go anyways), and wisdom (which I never seem to have enough of.. anyone else ever feel like that?). Be interesting to hear what other's put first.

say wcrockets i guess the 3 things i value most would, in this order be...

1) my family and the relationships with them.
2) good health
3) a relationship with a GOOD woman.

and a close 4th would be a value on friendship, it doesnt have to be a homie to be a good friendship. they could be a step up in life or a step down even, if they are good people and return that friendship AND respect then they are the kinda people you go that lil extra way to retain that bond. peace...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 19th, 2003, 9:36 am

Yeah that's real StateRaised. I do respect that. I know this guy who was all burned out after fighting a murder trial that could have put him away for life when he was in his twenties. He had already lost his homies to the streets. He thought God was a joke and for weaklings. They tried to get him to plea to like twenty five years and he almost did but he never actually signed the paper. It went to trial and the jury found him not guilty. He was released but he was completely tired and burnt out from the life you know. A homie invited him to a service and he showed up with a glock in his pants under his coat and got mad and left but the homies followed him out and kept calling him up and telling him they were praying for him and loved him and wanted him to accomplish success in his life. It worked! This man ended up in the home where he found a new way of life and today is a changed man. Now this man is a head pastor at a Victory Outreach and has walked steadily forward for 15 years through some really hard life challenges and some really nice blessings (valleys and mountaintops/smiles and cries). He is such a good man today. Funny, tough, caring, intelligent, educated, responsible, the best father/husband. I can tell you 100% this guy is real. I know a lot of guys like him. None of them did it by themselves though. They all either came to their senses and reached out or someone reached out to help them.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » November 19th, 2003, 11:15 am

I really think that Victory Outreach or Mission Ebenezer(In Torrance) or Christian Life Center has really done a good job. It has helped out my Hefito alot. He has been through all those programs but he does slip and fall. wcrockets, which Victory Outreach do you attend? I have a couple of primos and uncles that go to the one in Norwalk or Torrance. I can't remeber. Bam Bam from ESTorrance...Lil Man from ESLongo..Lil Spider from ESLongo..and a few others were real heavy into it a couple of years back. Hopefully they haven't fallen by the wayside..lates

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » November 19th, 2003, 11:47 am

Hi Sam,

They are forever in the book of life. The ups and downs/smiles and cries get to everyone with different results but if was real in the beginning, you're never the same even if your backsliding.

Yea, I have some friends that go to Torrance. I've met a lot of them and their Pastor is cool. They were DJn'g for the rap off at the last big barbecue. Good people. I like them. Norwalk has a rep for being aggressive. You got to stand up to them sometimes if you're competing in sports with them.. lol. They have a good mix of Black and La Raza there.

Ok that's about all I'm giving out on the net.. lol. This gets spun out in all the search engines for billions of people to read you know. Peace.

Pershing
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Pershing » November 19th, 2003, 10:16 pm

I once fought a fire with an old man. His name was sal. You see, sal was a sad old man, with not much of a home life. His wife had left him for his brother several years ago, leaving a depressed shell of what was once a man. Sal began to drink heavily. His drinking landed him in many a drunken brawl, and several times he was on the receiving end of a bottle being thrown. Soon he became not much more intelligent than a piece of wood. He started smoking crack and whoring himself for little to no money. Anything for a hit. One day I was walking my cat down an alley, and I saw sal. I said "Hey old crackhead, do you want a buscuit?"
And indeed, he wanted a buscuit. I gave him his buscuit, and he happily ate it. I now felt content, and expected something good to now happent to me. I am a "karmatic *****" if you will. Nothing good happened, so this time I gave him a cookie. Still nothing good. "Something must be broken..." I muttered. Sal smiled a crusty cut lipped smile, and handed me his broken crack pipe.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » November 24th, 2003, 6:52 pm

PERSHING, U OUTDID URSELF ONCE AGAIN. YOU NEED HELP BRO. ELVIS LOVER..LOL

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » November 24th, 2003, 9:31 pm

lol elvis was tight...

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 25th, 2003, 9:52 am

AnurWarizRa wrote:Like i had said before, It's in the intrest of certain elements in our goverment, to keep peace from ever hitting the streets. If there is gang and race wars going on in the streets and the pens, and black and brown faces keep revoling in and out of the system, and filling up the Coroner's office, it keeps their attention from the big picture,; it's not really about race, it's an economic thing, Green, and the other homeboy said, and it's about who has it, and who doesn't have it. And in LA alot of Black and Brown families don't have it, so that leaves you at the bottom of the food chain as the goverment see's it you know?, Bottom feeders. People to do the work it takes for society to keep going that the rich don't want to do. And those at the bottom are kept in their place to maintain that structure. That is why the police are there in my opinion, is to remind you of where you belong. They'll let you sell a little dope, kill a few folks, but don't you ever cross that line and start killin rich folks, think about it it makes sense.

Only happenz in USA much in LA, where the government invents a high addictive drug to help pay bills of a CIA-mission

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 25th, 2003, 11:33 am

over the past few days i have been reading all 13 pages of this madness...in between the ridiculous bullsh!t there are a few understandable and intelligent posts...once again i can see who is and who isnt real in the game around this board...
i am 25 year old gang member...been beefin with the ese's for as long as i can remember (been bangin since age 11) i can honestly sit here and admit that (after reading some of these posts) i never even had a clue about why the beef existed...all i knew was that it was survival of the fittest on these streets...and was "trained" so to speak to ride on any mexican i saw
i spent many years in YA fighting mexicans...then a few more years in the pen doin the same thang....i was nothing more than a pawn in the game for somethin that happend way back when...something that even still i know NOTHING about...me and everyone else from these younger generations became pawns in this never ending war between the races...stupid and mindless creatures carrying on some vendetta that probably started between 2 people wayyyy back in the day...senseless
i know that when im in the pen (i ride in the Blood car) i am expected to not speak to mexicans, not look at mexicans, not be polite to mexicans, or anythang else to do with them...and they are trained to do the same shit in reverse...penalites for mexicans violating seperation laws are much higher than penalties for the black man...
i never understood the whole beef....but i am respectfully grateful to the older cats here that broke some thangs down for me...i can see things a little differently now...still don't understand the ongoing war i fight...but i most certainly see things in a different light and will most certainly think twice about playing a role in the senseless continuance in this 'war'

respect to those that posted meaningful words in this thread

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 25th, 2003, 12:19 pm

damm tatta, thats real, one of the realest things i've read up in here for a long ass time. theres ALWAYS 2 sides to things, whether it be right or wrong. not all of the time, but sometimes a person gets older and realizes alot more, alot of them past hatreds go to the back burner and a focus begins on trying to help the youngsters and try and save them a gang of headaches and their families a gang of heartache. the CHANGE can come about BUT IT HAS TO COME FROM THE INSIDE OF THE LIFESTYLE WE LIVE IN! if nobody steps up and and does something then the madness will continue. i fully understand that mostly everyone aint gonna make that change but if a handfull of lil homies change and back up then what we are trying to do on this site, as posters, will is for the good. s**t, if a handfull of homies change up FOR THE GOOD then think how many family members, friends and homies are gonna be affected by it! peace.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » November 25th, 2003, 12:43 pm

that's a good post tatta..u are right about everything you said. I was too in Y.A(Paso Robles)..that junk is still pretty funked up. Now spending 3 yrs in Pelican Bay, that shyt was no joke. B-Yard, what up to all the riders puttin it down on the bullfrogs(bulldogs), norcacas...you see man, damn, every now and again I revert back to the old way...but I'm clean and I'm glad I got away from those dump truck ass fools, still bangin heads and living that lifestyle. I am a changed man. For the better. What up stateraised, how's that Artesia life homes?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » November 25th, 2003, 12:59 pm

A-yard at the bay for me sam...

good lookin out on the props for my words stateraised and sam...big respect to you both for payn me a little mind

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » November 25th, 2003, 1:15 pm

samdoobie wrote:that's a good post tatta..u are right about everything you said. I was too in Y.A(Paso Robles)..that junk is still pretty funked up. Now spending 3 yrs in Pelican Bay, that shyt was no joke. B-Yard, what up to all the riders puttin it down on the bullfrogs(bulldogs), norcacas...you see man, damn, every now and again I revert back to the old way...but I'm clean and I'm glad I got away from those dump truck ass fools, still bangin heads and living that lifestyle. I am a changed man. For the better. What up stateraised, how's that Artesia life homes?

whats up sam... i'm far from my hood now but i still do get there from time to time. when i do get there all the stuff is old news. as for here its more slow motion than Los and a guy can relax a taste. but theres madness here too, im only 20 miles from the califas border but im in arizona. theres a gang of peeps here from cali who came here to avoid the 3 strikes or who are getting too damm old to maintain that lifestyle so they brought their family's to chill here, but you know how that goes, they may be slowing down BUT THEIR KIDS ARE TAKING UP THEIR SLACK AND CONTINUING WHERE THEY LEFT OFF! lol...so its madness here too but i just chill and look out for my family here and get my "excitement" when i go to los. which is every few months or so. even then, when i go i mainly go to see homies from my hood who are living in surrounding towns like norwalk, paramount, whittier and bellflower...etc. peace

Pershing.

Unread post by Pershing. » December 4th, 2003, 12:55 am

Some police will beat the shit out of a guy on occassion, which I believe is alright if warranted. But they do this to try and effectuate a forced respect for authority. They don't beat people to death (normally).

I know of a case where a guy (big, early 40's, schizophrenic, bald, chain smokes and white) had a little problem with the police one night.

Brief synopsis:
Schizo guy goes out in the hallwaywith no shirt on and bangs on the door of the schizophrenic lady across the way. She's freaking (psycotic) and calls security (off duty police).

Security goes to schizo's room bangs on the door, and either security breaks it down or schizo rips door open with the chain lock still on. Schizo and security get in a fight. In the apartment, down the hall, all the way down a couple flights of stairs, down other hallways, fucking all over. There was blood all over the place, on walls and floors.

During all the fighting and running security calls police for back up. They end up beating schizo down with clubs and in all the excitement, he has a cardiac arrest and dies!

None of the strikes of the clubs were fatal, in fact, schizo beat up security guard far worse than schizo ended up with injuries(other than death of course).

Certain people only respond to certain tactics and approaches. Some criminals need a beatdown, I just don't trust all officers to know when that force is appropriate. It is something that comes with experience maybe.

Pershing.

Unread post by Pershing. » December 4th, 2003, 1:40 am

I would like to see these killer cop statistics.

First, black poor people are most likely to be harassed by police because they are most likely to be in crime areas that cops patrol and stop people in. We were discussing cops and death of suspects.

This White Castle guy died from a heart attack because he was hopped up on drugs and refused to submit to authority. The guy in my scenario as well. The cops did not murder these people, they just happened to die. Rodney King did not die. He lived to get arrested on some other charge. Because he is a fucking criminal!

When the cops get out of hand, take them out of that position because they don't have the discernment for the job.

If you are an individual, with a weapon, and you refuse to lay it down and submit to law enforcement within a short period of time, you deserve to suffer the consequences. Stop with the BS and you won't get killed.

People get beat by the cops for a reason, and its usually a good one.

Enforcer

Unread post by Enforcer » December 4th, 2003, 1:47 am

The issue of race raises its ugly head. Frankly we would be better of talking about behavior in terms of culture rather than race because race implies gentic vs behavioral issue and that raises especially touchy issues.

Global studies of crime show a persistant pattern of culture and crime. Asian cultures tend to be lowest, Europeon cultures somewhere in the middle and African cultures highest for crime. This is seen in North America, Europe, Africa and in the Pacific rim. Explanations such as slavery or post slavery, poverty, urban vs rural etc dont explain the differences btw cultures in crime rates. For example Asian ghetto's have lower crime rate than European and African ghettos with the same pattern as above.

While this is potentially not a popular fact to acnowledge, the bright side is that cultural factors have the potential for change while pure racial factors (i.e. genetic) do not.