Looking for people interested in participating in a project

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MAG77
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Paris

Looking for people interested in participating in a project

Unread post by MAG77 » February 27th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Hello,

I'm MAG, I’m french and a former exchange student at San Francisco State University.
I'm both a sociology and art student, currently working on the gang initiation rituals. I already interviewed some current and former gang members in France and as I spent some time in the bay area last year, I will come back next week to meet some Bay area gang members.

I'm looking for people who would agree to share a point of view, a feeling about what the ritual represents for them, through a mere drawing or a traditional interview, or whatever way makes them feel more comfortable. I'm definitely not looking for drawing skills, but rather very personal insight about that crucial moment. I believe that drawing is a powerful way to testimony and express your feelings.

I would be extremely grateful if you were available next week so we can meet each other. I will be in San Francisco from tuesday afternoon to saturday morning and I'll be available to meet you whenever it’s most comfortable for you. If you are not available , I’ll be grateful if you can put me in contact with someone who would be interested by the project.

Looking forward to hear from you,

MAG.

3Msayswazup
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Schenectady

Re: Looking for people interested in participating in a project

Unread post by 3Msayswazup » April 12th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Sorry no one hit you up, dude. I am looking for testimonies of the experience for a college research project on the violent, boxing in initiation ritual.

DiegoDog
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: NorCal

Re: Looking for people interested in participating in a project

Unread post by DiegoDog » April 17th, 2016, 9:33 am

There's plenty of info on the web about this subject, what exactly are you guys looking for?