Gangs in Bakersfield

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gangs in Bakersfield

Unread post by alexalonso » October 12th, 2014, 11:27 am

Does anyone know what gangs are active in Bakersfield? Is there a Bakersfield list of gangs?

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Re: Gangs in Bakersfield

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » June 24th, 2015, 9:43 am

Oriental Troops was smashing the Nortes.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 24th, 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm not going to do the homework for you, but I am sure a list can be found. As far as the beef between oriental troops and some n's, I would have thought that was only somewhere in Tulare county. Maybe the beef reached to Bakersfield, but I think that was more of a problem somewhere outside of it.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 24th, 2015, 4:31 pm

I second what Rudog just said! Oriental Boys are from Tulare county. It is possible it spread to Bakersfield though. As far as them smashing Nortenos? Where's the proof! Sounds suspect to me. We back up Asians on the street and in the pen. Its possible something went down though.I really doubt it was that serious. Where did you hear this.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: North Hollywood

Unread post by ValleyKid » June 24th, 2015, 8:12 pm

This list might help. Not sure if it's accurate or not.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... IELD+GANGS

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » June 26th, 2015, 12:13 pm

This written by someone else from another board.

"I'm Asian but I was never in Oriental Troops. I knew some of them and kicked it with some of them but for me to say I really liked them as homeboys, I can't say that. I lived in Visalia during the start of this war and was locked up with the folks that was involved.

I can tell you one thing:

• The Asians did not start this war.
• The Nortenos got the worst of it.

Here's a Timeline of what happened:

• Early to Late 80's, a big wave of Southeast Asians moved into the Hood of Visalia (North Side)
• Late 80's, the Nortenos started jumping Asian Kids to, at, and from school
• Around 1988, the Oriental Troops formed to prevent this.
• Asian Kids could not go to North Side parks, recreation centers, etc. because of racism by the Nortenos
• Early 90's, Asian Gangs from Fresno started sub cliques in Visalia, notably the MBS, ORB, and OBS.
• The Oriental Troops touched off the shootings and killings because they could not go out in their neighborhoods.
• The Nortenos countered with the shotgun killing of an OT Member.
• The Oriental Troops started having an close tie, for a time, with the SSK from Ivanhoe.
• Late 90's to Early 2000's, the gang violence died down.
• By Mid 2000s, the violence picked up with the Asians killing the Nortenos and the Nortenos shooting the Asian's Homes.

Here are the biggest misunderstandings:

• It was suppose to be an Oriental Troops vs. Nortenos only. But since the Nortenos couldn't tell who was an OT and who was not, they attacked any and all Asians. And since there was 4-5 other Asian Gangs, it basically became an Asian vs. Nortenos from Visalia.

• The Asians from Visalia only had problems with Visalia Nortenos and Nortenos from surrounding areas that supported the Visalia Nortenos like the Woodlake & Farmersville Nortenos. But did get along with the Porterville Nortenos and Tulare Nortenos because those Nortenos acted and operated as different entities.

• The Alliance between OT and SSK somewhat applied on the streets because of mutual enemies in the Farmersville, Woodlake, and Visalia Nortenos but didn't apply because OT did not have beef with other Norteno Sets other than those that cliqued with the Visalia Set.

The Asians had the upper hand in the war because:

• Most had cars or knew how to steal cars and could pull drive bys or quick shootings without being identified.
• Could easily hide out in other cities due to their gangs having cliques in other cities
• Did not live in packs or mark turf like the Nortenos and could not be easily found
• Had Gang Members from other cities come down and do dirt and not be easily recognized
• Had guns that were readily available due to their illegal activities consisting of Home Invasions, Car Thefts, and other sub cliques in other cities transferring hot guns.
• Murdered, Shot, and Killed More Northern Gang Members during the war.

All in All, the Visalia Nortenos do not and still don't know who their enemies are because of their ignorance to attack any Asians, believing that they are OT."

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 26th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Yeah, Tulare County was the place where Oriental Troops was a problem as I figured. That isn't Bakersfield, even though close. I could see some some parts of Kern county being called Bakersfield, because Bakersfield is the biggest thing going in Kern county.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 3rd, 2015, 4:16 pm

OT made a mark in Visalia NOT Bakersfield.

OT has a Bakersfield clique but Bakersfield is not known for major asian gangs.

TRG and ABZ are 10 man gangs there and there are other asian/islander gangs but nothing serious.

Bakersfield has some asians and OT probably deepest asian hood there but the beefs are nothing like in L.A., Stockton, Fresno, S.D., etc.

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Wisconsin

Unread post by niceman » January 14th, 2021, 2:40 am

VictoriousHTZ wrote:
June 26th, 2015, 12:13 pm
This written by someone else from another board.

"I'm Asian but I was never in Oriental Troops. I knew some of them and kicked it with some of them but for me to say I really liked them as homeboys, I can't say that. I lived in Visalia during the start of this war and was locked up with the folks that was involved.

I can tell you one thing:

• The Asians did not start this war.
• The Nortenos got the worst of it.

Here's a Timeline of what happened:

• Early to Late 80's, a big wave of Southeast Asians moved into the Hood of Visalia (North Side)
• Late 80's, the Nortenos started jumping Asian Kids to, at, and from school
• Around 1988, the Oriental Troops formed to prevent this.
• Asian Kids could not go to North Side parks, recreation centers, etc. because of racism by the Nortenos
• Early 90's, Asian Gangs from Fresno started sub cliques in Visalia, notably the MBS, ORB, and OBS.
• The Oriental Troops touched off the shootings and killings because they could not go out in their neighborhoods.
• The Nortenos countered with the shotgun killing of an OT Member.
• The Oriental Troops started having an close tie, for a time, with the SSK from Ivanhoe.
• Late 90's to Early 2000's, the gang violence died down.
• By Mid 2000s, the violence picked up with the Asians killing the Nortenos and the Nortenos shooting the Asian's Homes.

Here are the biggest misunderstandings:

• It was suppose to be an Oriental Troops vs. Nortenos only. But since the Nortenos couldn't tell who was an OT and who was not, they attacked any and all Asians. And since there was 4-5 other Asian Gangs, it basically became an Asian vs. Nortenos from Visalia.

• The Asians from Visalia only had problems with Visalia Nortenos and Nortenos from surrounding areas that supported the Visalia Nortenos like the Woodlake & Farmersville Nortenos. But did get along with the Porterville Nortenos and Tulare Nortenos because those Nortenos acted and operated as different entities.

• The Alliance between OT and SSK somewhat applied on the streets because of mutual enemies in the Farmersville, Woodlake, and Visalia Nortenos but didn't apply because OT did not have beef with other Norteno Sets other than those that cliqued with the Visalia Set.

The Asians had the upper hand in the war because:

• Most had cars or knew how to steal cars and could pull drive bys or quick shootings without being identified.
• Could easily hide out in other cities due to their gangs having cliques in other cities
• Did not live in packs or mark turf like the Nortenos and could not be easily found
• Had Gang Members from other cities come down and do dirt and not be easily recognized
• Had guns that were readily available due to their illegal activities consisting of Home Invasions, Car Thefts, and other sub cliques in other cities transferring hot guns.
• Murdered, Shot, and Killed More Northern Gang Members during the war.

All in All, the Visalia Nortenos do not and still don't know who their enemies are because of their ignorance to attack any Asians, believing that they are OT."
I know this is a Bakersfield forum but I wanted to make something clear:

Even before OT formed, MBS (Mongolian Boys Society) already existed in Visalia, along with MBH (Mien Brotherhood) around 1987. Back then, among the Southeast Asian group, the Hmong and Mien got along generally while the Lahu and Lao were more closer with each other. Besides the Norte, occassional blacks and whites attacking Asian youths, there was Hmong & Mien vs Lahu & Lao in the Asian community. Later, all these southeast Asian ethnics got along better as they joined each others gangs (OT, MBS, etc.).

Another Fresno Asian gang that had a presence in Visalia was 209 LC (Laos Crip). The non-Lao members (such as Lahu) simply claimed 209 Crips or 209 gang.

From my understanding, OT and Surenos (SSK) alliance also worked in the county jail and juvenile halls. This is because they were smaller in numbers and had a common enemy in Nortenos. Of course, once the state prison hits, they go on their own. In the beginning when the Asian gang scene started in Visalia, Surenos wasn't too deep in the area and didnt have any issues with the Asian gangs. They usually let each other slide but may have brawl from time to time in minor incident. Years later, I did heard SSK and MBS going at it. MBS started chasing SSK and SSK took out a gun and shot at MBS but missed, killing a Mien girl by accident. For the most part, the Asians that beef with the Mexicans in Visalia are the Nortes.

PunchingMachine17
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by PunchingMachine17 » August 4th, 2021, 3:34 pm

It’s 2021, what’s the current status of Oriental Troops? Still active like they were several years ago?

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Wisconsin

Unread post by niceman » August 29th, 2021, 4:59 pm

PunchingMachine17 wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 3:34 pm
It’s 2021, what’s the current status of Oriental Troops? Still active like they were several years ago?
They still around but gang beefs in general has been toned down for the better, at least in Visalia.