Albanian "Mafia"

In this section discuss Albania [Shqipërisë], Bulgaria [България], Croatia, Macedonia [Македонија, Makedonija] and Russia [Федерация, Rossiyskaya] including any other place on the Eastern European continent.
DJKMatt
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Italy

Albanian "Mafia"

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 6th, 2010, 7:20 am

I read in this forum many articles of this albanian "mafia",isn't correct say is "mafia" but only an organization.
Than,why think the albanians are so strong? i don't think so.
In italy albanias are used for transport drugs or something else,by italian organization, and pay a tax at the local mafia organization.
In 2008 in Naples 3 albanians were killed because they're selling drugs without the permission of Casalesi.
In Palermo i never see an albanians,so how the can rule the "mafia world"? In NY the Genovese family is the strongest mafia family in the whole america,i don't say that,but the FBI.
IN Europe 80% of cocaine is imported by the 'ndrangheta and it earns about 55 miliardi di € at years.
I've read many books by Antonio Nicaso,the best expert on mafia that i've never know,and he never talks about albanians,because they're so small in the criminal world.
Rudaj is only a escalation of power that is ended with the end of is "clan". Camorra is strongest in construction,drugs and it based in every countr of Europe,and in small part in America.
So where's this powe of albanian "mafia"?
Ciao a tutti amici!

RDRIGN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: Laredo

Re: Albanian "Mafia"

Unread post by RDRIGN » October 6th, 2010, 9:12 am

DJKMatt wrote:I read in this forum many articles of this albanian "mafia",isn't correct say is "mafia" but only an organization.
Than,why think the albanians are so strong? i don't think so.
In italy albanias are used for transport drugs or something else,by italian organization, and pay a tax at the local mafia organization.
In 2008 in Naples 3 albanians were killed because they're selling drugs without the permission of Casalesi.
In Palermo i never see an albanians,so how the can rule the "mafia world"? In NY the Genovese family is the strongest mafia family in the whole america,i don't say that,but the FBI.
IN Europe 80% of cocaine is imported by the 'ndrangheta and it earns about 55 miliardi di € at years.
I've read many books by Antonio Nicaso,the best expert on mafia that i've never know,and he never talks about albanians,because they're so small in the criminal world.
Rudaj is only a escalation of power that is ended with the end of is "clan". Camorra is strongest in construction,drugs and it based in every countr of Europe,and in small part in America.
So where's this powe of albanian "mafia"?
Ciao a tutti amici!
I've heard some say that the Ndrangheta organization is the one importing 80% of the cocaine sold in Europe but I still find articles that say Latin American drug cartels are the ones importing 60% of Euorpe's cocaine:

"According to UN reports, nearly 60 percent of the cocaine sold in Europe transits through weak West African states such as Mali, Niger, Mauritania, and Guinea Bissau – a flow of cash and contraband that undermines the credibility of each country’s ability to govern itself.

As many of these same countries are now becoming a haven for a shadowy group calling itself Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), there are growing concerns that Islamist radicals and Latin American drug cartels may be working together, both to enrich themselves and to weaken the law enforcement capability of those West African states."

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2010/011 ... eda-a-lift

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 6th, 2010, 10:12 am

Colombian and Mexican groups are partners with the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta in smuggling cocaine into Europe. The Colombians and Mexicans have the supply but they don't have the distribution networks over there the Italians do. So they sell to the 'Ndrangheta, who then takes it from there. The drug routes come through several areas - Spain, Italy, Africa, etc.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 6th, 2010, 10:15 am

As for the Albanians, they control a big chunk of the heroin distribution in Europe. And they are big into other things like human trafficking, prostitution, arms smuggling, etc. And they are well known for their extreme violence.

DJKMatt

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 6th, 2010, 11:29 am

thewestside wrote:And they are well known for their extreme violence.
Every criminal organization is violent...like the Camorra,Saviano wrote about a poor guy that was taken to blows with a shod mace, until his face became equal to nothin

DJKMatt

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 6th, 2010, 11:36 am

The criminal organizations Albanians are influential, but sure inferior regarding those Italians, or to local level that total. Between the foreign groups that currently act in Italy are considered most dangerous, but their action is however much limited one, not having political contacts, in the public administrations or the great contracts like the endogenous Mafias, their transactions are mostly drug, arm and prostituzione. With the exception of the groups magrebini and subsahariani they are dedicated very rarely to the sale of illegal or counterfeit items by piece, but they act behind the scenes, importing large amounts especially of heroin and cannabis, therefore they have caught up remarkable a criminal level under this point of view. Their foreign ramifications are mainly in Europe, Greece and Italy in primis, but also Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Hungary and Serbia-Montenegro. In the United States their real force has been emphasized from some single episodes, a P2o like succeeded with the Russian Mafia, their laggiù action is nearly nonexistent.

RDRIGN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RDRIGN » October 6th, 2010, 11:53 am

thewestside wrote:Colombian and Mexican groups are partners with the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta in smuggling cocaine into Europe. The Colombians and Mexicans have the supply but they don't have the distribution networks over there the Italians do. So they sell to the 'Ndrangheta, who then takes it from there. The drug routes come through several areas - Spain, Italy, Africa, etc.
Of course especially the Gulf and Sinaloa Cartel are partners with the Ndrangheta, so the Ndrangheta is the only Italian group that profits heavily from drug trafficking?? I know the cocaine come thru different countries of course but I was just making sure that the Ndrangheta only was trafficking cocaine and other drugs to Europe or do they? So Italina organized groups are distributing most of the drugs thru-out Europe or just only some European countries?

DJKMatt

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 7th, 2010, 5:13 am

Of course no,the italian mafia is composed by 'ndrangheta,camorra and cosa nostra.
Sometimes the 'ndrangheta and cosa nostra traffic drugs together,same thing with camorra. And the "italian cartel" is,for me,the strongest criminal organization in world

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 7th, 2010, 1:37 pm

albanians were just overestimated by media like the russians, but they are probably still the third strongest group in europe after the italians (first) and russians (second)

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 7th, 2010, 3:22 pm

RDRIGN wrote:Of course especially the Gulf and Sinaloa Cartel are partners with the Ndrangheta, so the Ndrangheta is the only Italian group that profits heavily from drug trafficking?? I know the cocaine come thru different countries of course but I was just making sure that the Ndrangheta only was trafficking cocaine and other drugs to Europe or do they? So Italina organized groups are distributing most of the drugs thru-out Europe or just only some European countries?
All the Italian OC groups are involved in trafficking in all types of drugs, to one extent or another. The 'Ndrangheta has the biggest stake in the narcotics trade right now. Particularly cocaine. The Calabrians are for cocaine what the Sicilians were for heroin years ago.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 7th, 2010, 9:06 pm

The Colombians also barter cocaine for heroin on some occasions when they are dealing with European OC groups like the Ndrghangheta, Camorra,Russian etc, as a matter fact I'm not wrong the increase heroin distributed by Colombians has increased because of this.

Maybe the Colombians get a great deal of their heroin from Albanians I'm guessing.

RDRIGN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RDRIGN » October 7th, 2010, 9:37 pm

DJKMatt wrote:Of course no,the italian mafia is composed by 'ndrangheta,camorra and cosa nostra.
Sometimes the 'ndrangheta and cosa nostra traffic drugs together,same thing with camorra. And the "italian cartel" is,for me,the strongest criminal organization in world
How many Italian organized groups are there? When you mean "Italian Cartel" what do you actually mean, do you mean all the Italian drug organizations distributing drugs in Europe or are you talking a specific Italian organized group. "La Resistencia"(Gulf Cartel, La Familia and Sinaloa union) is probably the world's most powerful criminal organization and the strongest cartel is the Sinaloa Cartel that I know for sure.

RDRIGN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RDRIGN » October 7th, 2010, 9:47 pm

thewestside wrote:
RDRIGN wrote:Of course especially the Gulf and Sinaloa Cartel are partners with the Ndrangheta, so the Ndrangheta is the only Italian group that profits heavily from drug trafficking?? I know the cocaine come thru different countries of course but I was just making sure that the Ndrangheta only was trafficking cocaine and other drugs to Europe or do they? So Italina organized groups are distributing most of the drugs thru-out Europe or just only some European countries?
All the Italian OC groups are involved in trafficking in all types of drugs, to one extent or another. The 'Ndrangheta has the biggest stake in the narcotics trade right now. Particularly cocaine. The Calabrians are for cocaine what the Sicilians were for heroin years ago.
So the Ndrangheta is the "Pizza Connection" of cocaine of Europe?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 7th, 2010, 9:50 pm

ViciousRidah wrote:The Colombians also barter cocaine for heroin on some occasions when they are dealing with European OC groups like the Ndrghangheta, Camorra,Russian etc, as a matter fact I'm not wrong the increase heroin distributed by Colombians has increased because of this.

Maybe the Colombians get a great deal of their heroin from Albanians I'm guessing.
The Colombians have been producing and refining their own high-grade heroin for the the last two decades. And the Mexicans almost as long. It's what allowed them to take over the heroin market in the U.S. from the Chinese, who in turn took it over after the fall of the Mafia's "Pizza Connection" operation in the 1980's.

Generally speaking, heroin from South America goes to the U.S. Heroin from the Middle East goes to Europe. It's in the latter that Albanians control a lot of the heroin distribution.

How many Italian organized groups are there? When you mean "Italian Cartel" what do you actually mean, do you mean all the Italian drug organizations distributing drugs in Europe or are you talking a specific Italian organized group. "La Resistencia"(Gulf Cartel, La Familia and Sinaloa union) is probably the world's most powerful criminal organization and the strongest cartel is the Sinaloa Cartel that I know for sure.
RDRIGN wrote:How many Italian organized groups are there? When you mean "Italian Cartel" what do you actually mean, do you mean all the Italian drug organizations distributing drugs in Europe or are you talking a specific Italian organized group. "La Resistencia"(Gulf Cartel, La Familia and Sinaloa union) is probably the world's most powerful criminal organization and the strongest cartel is the Sinaloa Cartel that I know for sure.
There are four major Italian organized crime groups in Italy. The Cosa Nostra in Sicily. The 'Ndrangheta in Calabria. The Camorra in the Campania. And the Sacra Corona Unita in Apulia. Although the are technically separate organizations, they often work together for mutual profit. And, in recent times, they've come to be refered to by the press - both individually and collectively - as the "Italian Mafia."

These groups are not usually refered to as "cartels," although there is really no difference in their drug trafficking and that of the Colombians, Mexicans, Chinese, Albanians, Nigerians, Pakistanis, etc. They all operate more or less the same way. While the Italians have major interests in the drug trade, they have always been particularly diversfied in other criminal activities - extortion, gambling, prostitution, loansharking, arms trafficking, public works contracts, illegal waste disposal, etc.

The Colombians never had the need to diversify that much. They made billions from the drug trade. More recently, however, the Mexican cartels have expanded into other criminal operations. Narcotics will always be their bread and butter but they are increasingly becoming involved in human smuggling, arms trafficking, extortion, etc.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 7th, 2010, 9:58 pm

RDRIGN wrote:So the Ndrangheta is the "Pizza Connection" of cocaine of Europe?
In a sense. For about a 40 year period, from the mid-1940's to the mid-1980's, the Sicilian Mafia had the contacts to the Middle East for their heroin supply. There wasn't a particularly big market for heroin in Europe at the time but there was in the U.S. So the Siclian and American Mafia's partnered to fill the demand in what would become known as the "French Connection" and "Pizza Connection." In the 1980's the Sicilian Mafia began to form partnerships with the Colombians, particularly the Medellin Cartel. For a time, the Siclians were able to act as a broker for cocaine (for the Colombians) and heroin (for the Chinese) and take advantage of price differentials. They also helped the Colombians launder their drug money.

Going into the 1990's, the Sicilian Mafia suffered a lot of setbacks from government crackdowns and, under the leadership of Bernardo Provenzano, it scaled back it's international drug trafficking. Meanwhile, the Calabrian 'Ndrangheta was expanding it's operations and forming it's own alliances for drugs in South America. The 'Ndrangheta has never been as active in North America as the Sicilian Mafia but they had the networks to dominate the cocaine distribution in Europe.

RDRIGN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RDRIGN » October 7th, 2010, 10:46 pm

to thewestside about the Mexican Cartels recently expanding to other criminal activities comment, I don't want to correct you but the cartels have always profited from human smuggling/extortion/pirating of electronics etc. well at least from my experience with the Gulf Cartel and many other activities including oil smuggling schemes, of course they are getting into those activities more because of the crackdown on the Mexican Cartels and corruption.

Also how do you know a lot about criminal organizations and which criminal organizations do you know more about???

DJKMatt

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm

In Sicily there is the "Stidda" (star in sicilian) another criminal organization that in first 9' would to challenge Cosa Nosta,without success.
Another strong criminal organization was "LA Banda della magliana" based in Rome,with contact with all of 3 big mafias.
4 days ago,in front of the "questura" of reggio calabria was found a bazooka,like warning for the italian police.Cosa Nostra and Camorra are involved in fruit control all over Italy

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 8th, 2010, 4:08 pm

thewestside wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:The Colombians also barter cocaine for heroin on some occasions when they are dealing with European OC groups like the Ndrghangheta, Camorra,Russian etc, as a matter fact I'm not wrong the increase heroin distributed by Colombians has increased because of this.

The Colombians have been producing and refining their own high-grade heroin for the the last two decades. And the Mexicans almost as long. It's what allowed them to take over the heroin market in the U.S. from the Chinese, who in turn took it over after the fall of the Mafia's "Pizza Connection" operation in the 1980's.

Generally speaking, heroin from South America goes to the U.S. Heroin from the Middle East goes to Europe. It's in the latter that Albanians control a lot of the heroin distribution.

There may have been a time when colombians bartered cocaine for Heroin, but you are right they do produce and manufacture their own heroin now, but the US Drug Enforcement Administration hasn't classified the signature of Colombian and south American grown Heroin until 1993, guestimating that Colombians started manufacture heroin till some time before , most heroin came from South East and Central Asia prior the early 1990s. That's why assumed that Colombians might of bartered heroin for cocaine at one point , but it may be a error on my part.

I always thought that China was hard pressed against heroin producing, and cracked down on any opium poppy fields in the country.So to my knowledge I figured the center of heroin producing (prior to the 1990s) was South East Asia aka the Golden Triangle. Not to sure if opium is produced in the Middle East either, but I do know its produced heavily in Afghanistan,Pakistan and Central Asian Countries. I know a lot of heroin routes go through the middle east but wasn't aware of Heroin manufacturing GOING ON there.Countries like India and Turkey, have a history of opium production but have recently been involved in its production exceedingly.

But after 9/11 ,the crack down on opium production in Central Asian countries like Afghanistan poppy field production has declined in Central Asia dramatically ,and even South East Asia.As a result heroin production has sky rocketed in South America in the 2000s and are sprouting in countries like Turkey.

I never said anything about an Italian cartel,never heard of it before. The Italian Criminal groups that come to mind is Ndrangheta ,Camorra,and the Sicillian Mafia. These are some of the criminal groups Colombians deal with I know Colombians also deal with other European Criminal Organizations like Albanians,bulgarians, and other Eastern European OC groups.

As I said I stand corrected. Colombians deal with these Eastern European Criminal groups and barter cocaine for weapons procured from these particular eastern European organized criminal groups

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 9th, 2010, 10:32 am

Few things I have to clarify in the above post, China does have a history of growing opium and was known for harvesting on poppy fields of course (whole reason for the boxer rebellion), but with the birth of the PRC and when Mao Zedong came into power ,that all went away, and most poppy field production was relocated to South East Asia.But in recent times opium production has been reduced in central and south east asia, ,and as a result heroin production has increased in South and Central America.

And Colombians have bartered a lot of Eastern Europeans criminal organizations , they barter cocaine usually for weapons with these groups, not other drugs.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 9th, 2010, 12:51 pm

weapons in europe are mostly controlled by ndrangheta, almost everything pass through gioia tauro port

DJKMatt

Unread post by DJKMatt » October 10th, 2010, 5:07 am

the last week ,was found a letter which say about a summith between family from palermo of cosa nostra,one person from Locri,and a boss of Casalesi clan. Very danger.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 10th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Faciulina wrote:weapons in europe are mostly controlled by ndrangheta, almost everything pass through gioia tauro port
It wouldn't be accurate to say one criminal organization controls the illegal arms trade im Europe .The Oddessian Mafia, the Chechnyan Mafia, Albanian Mobsters, and Bulgarian gangsters all have played their role in arms sales in EUrope across the world , and I would say they have a better hold on it than the Ndrangheta .Russia produces and manufactures 18% of the total firearms in the world , so by default the leakage of arms russian gangsters receive would be more than enough compared to other European OC. I'm sure arms importation is not limited to the port of gioia tauro. They are many routes and supply lines for arms dealing in Europe. On that same note, were not just talking about European weapons supplies to Europe alone, we are speaking about illegal arms suupply to the rest of the world, to countries like Colombia ,Honduras ,or anywhere else.

Eastern European Mobsters like Alexandre Gaydamak and Leonid Minin made are notable figures who profited in this criminal enterprising. they supplied arms to countries like Liberia,Ivory Coast, and Burkini Faso added to the fact they didn't just sell firearms, they sold tanks and missiles as well.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 10th, 2010, 3:03 pm

It wouldn't be accurate to say one criminal organization controls the illegal arms trade im Europe
yes, but the ndrangheta is the major supplier by far

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 10th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Faciulina wrote:
It wouldn't be accurate to say one criminal organization controls the illegal arms trade im Europe
yes, but the ndrangheta is the major supplier by far

Assault rifles are produced in many European countries that , Belgium is known for making the FL FAL, Russia is known for making its upgraded version of the AK-47 ,the ''AK -76'', and Germany produces the Heckler and Koch G36 .I'm sure European Mobsters are not lazy enough to let the ndrgangheta get a first demonstration on these modern assault rifles, and not deal directly with countries that manufacture them. They will deal directly themselves.Transporting between borders is not so difficult either ,they do have their own smuggling routes .

But the biggest point is that many Eastern European Countries have stock piles of weapons, and in economic crunch times, governments have no problems bargaining them off to high paying Russian arms dealers,even if its illegal . Countries like Ukraine, Bulgaria, and Albania have stockpiles of old weapons in their armories that they sell to many illegal arms dealers, thats why eastern european mobsters are usually the big players.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » October 15th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Italian Mafia doesn't produce any drugs just buys and sells just like the Albanians and Russians. There profit margins are small.

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » October 15th, 2010, 5:18 pm

You are actually going to suggest that the Italian maffia is more dangerous than the Dutch mob? Think again.

Have you ever realized that the owners of companies like Royal Duch Shell are the real maffia of this world? They have got actual private armies and kill nigerians by the 1000s yearly. That is Dutch criminality.

And what about the companies concentrating on genetics and crop growing. They extort farmers in Africa and Asia. The nikkel trading between Cuba and Holland is well kwown too!

Dutch control weed xtc amphetamines the most used drugs in the world

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 17th, 2010, 12:17 am

DutchGangster69 wrote:You are actually going to suggest that the Italian maffia is more dangerous than the Dutch mob? Think again.

Have you ever realized that the owners of companies like Royal Duch Shell are the real maffia of this world? They have got actual private armies and kill nigerians by the 1000s yearly. That is Dutch criminality.

And what about the companies concentrating on genetics and crop growing. They extort farmers in Africa and Asia. The nikkel trading between Cuba and Holland is well kwown too!

Dutch control weed xtc amphetamines the most used drugs in the world
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're the Dutch version of JohnnyRed.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » October 17th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Italian Mafia doesn't produce any drugs just buys and sells just like the Albanians and Russians. There profit margins are small
you're totally wrong, italian mafia produces the largest quantity of cannabis in europe, south italy is litterally full of plants, there are cocaine and heroin rafineries too
anyway the fact it buys cocaine from colombians it doesn't mean they are the top dogs since they control all the shipments to europe, australia and part of north america