18th Street in Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
Cosme

18th Street in Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Unread post by Cosme » July 9th, 2003, 6:40 pm

In Honduras the mighty 18th street gang is present, is one of the two largest gangs in Honduras. there are aproximately more than 12,000. 18th streetgang members here. just in April 5, 2003 , 68 Hommies were killed by the police, even though they had allready surrendered in a prison riot with regular prisioners.I live in the city of La Ceiba, in the northwest side of the city, we are about 30 hommies in the SANTA ANA LOCOS cliq of the 18th street gang. a lot of homes allready passed away one of them, my close friend, my carnalito R.I.P. SPULL. he was killed by the police. :evil: But there is a old saying ,BIG FAMILY NEVER DIES.

Cosme..

Chinito

Re: Honduras

Unread post by Chinito » December 2nd, 2003, 12:02 am

About 2 years ago when I was in Honduras, in Tegucigalpa, I came across a great deal of 18 and 13 grafitti. I was wondering how long these two gangs have been active there. I know that dieciocho was very prominent in the city...but was unsure about the number of active members of trece. Also, I wanted to know what Maduro's policies have been (aside from the killings in the prison). I know that he was elected in large part due to growing concerns about gang activity. If anybody has any information on these things, I'd be thankful.

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » December 11th, 2003, 1:44 pm

Maduro is a right wing bastard. you should see how different the streets look since he came in 2 years ago, dunno if you were there for that or not. downtown the puentes don't have vendors on em anymore. between central park and the mcdick's / mcdonald.s, now there's a crosswalk guy!!! ha ha !! now that's funny! they're putting in a few more streetlights, n making more streets one way as a traffic measure. the 18 definetly have teguc, especially centro. but comayaguela is puro 13, including todo el mercado. but there's this new antigang initiative that includes harrassment of all youth, which permits cops to jail em for 24 hrs for any given reason, or no reason at all.

i know some people who have had pictures taken of their tattoos by the
5-oh, like what i heard they doin in Cali, makin files on people.

there's also a law of some sorts against hangin out together more than two people could get you arrested. you knowit's lawless there anyways, cops just do whatever they want to you, including shooting down a few street kids n gangs members should they be caught in an alleyways by theyselves.

Exact specific codes of the law, i can't tell you. but i can tell you that the effect is a reduction in the visibility of all things not associated with the good ole catholic lifestyle as according to maduro..

here's a site that can tell you more about the wave of anti-gang legislation that's sweeping central america and cali:
http://www.homiesunidos.com or .org

paz

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » May 6th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Kafilibu! Si se mete un Garifuna, me voy a murir!

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

newest

Unread post by Mraka » December 25th, 2004, 4:50 pm

27 poeple killed in Honduras.
4 gunmen fired at a bus also with children,leaving a notice of a guerilla that does not exist anymore.Press and elses claim the Mara(.....?)Gang for the biggest problems with violence constantly.
One men caught and arrested. :?:

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Unread post by istekse818 » August 30th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Hyp Notica wrote:Maduro is a right wing bastard. you should see how different the streets look since he came in 2 years ago, dunno if you were there for that or not. downtown the puentes don't have vendors on em anymore. between central park and the mcdick's / mcdonald.s, now there's a crosswalk guy!!! ha ha !! now that's funny! they're putting in a few more streetlights, n making more streets one way as a traffic measure. the 18 definetly have teguc, especially centro. but comayaguela is puro 13, including todo el mercado. but there's this new antigang initiative that includes harrassment of all youth, which permits cops to jail em for 24 hrs for any given reason, or no reason at all.

i know some people who have had pictures taken of their tattoos by the
5-oh, like what i heard they doin in Cali, makin files on people.

there's also a law of some sorts against hangin out together more than two people could get you arrested. you knowit's lawless there anyways, cops just do whatever they want to you, including shooting down a few street kids n gangs members should they be caught in an alleyways by theyselves.

Exact specific codes of the law, i can't tell you. but i can tell you that the effect is a reduction in the visibility of all things not associated with the good ole catholic lifestyle as according to maduro..

here's a site that can tell you more about the wave of anti-gang legislation that's sweeping central america and cali:
http://www.homiesunidos.com or .org

paz

Those gangmembers deserve to get killed im sure el pueblo supports the cops I was there in 09 same o hit ups but theres africanstuff on the walls too

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Re: 18th Street in Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Unread post by istekse818 » August 31st, 2013, 10:17 pm

Honduras is definetly a right wing military country I was in honduras a couple of days before they didthe coup against the hondufan president....let me tell u something wasnt right there was military check points everywhere

alexau
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: alabama

18th Street in Tegucigalpa Honduras

Unread post by alexau » May 26th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Subject: 18th street in honduras

Date: Mon 07/07/03 06:08 PM

Mr. Alonso ;
My english handwriting is not too good , my birth language is
spanish, I am a honduran, and i am a 18 st,wannabe.. see few months ago
68 eighteen street gang members were killed in prison by some PIGS, that
was Planned even though the police denies that, when I saw the hommies
dead in t.v., i wanted to get a gun and kill a motherfocker pig, but i
just know i cant I dont have the guts to do it, there ara over 12,000
eighteen street homes in Honduras,

right now the focking honduran president wants too put a law that being
a gang member is gonna be a CRIME , do you BELIEVE that were not free in here man, right now in the city of La Ceiba, Honduras,Central America the hommies are calm down.. hope the gang doesnt dissapear.
BY COSME XVIII