Are there female OC leaders? Griselda Blanco, others?

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Are there female OC leaders? Griselda Blanco, others?

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 18th, 2008, 6:58 am

i was watching the movie revolver the other day and was wondering are there any female organized crime leaders in the world?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Are there female OC leaders?

Unread post by thewestside » May 18th, 2008, 4:00 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:i was watching the movie revolver the other day and was wondering are there any female organized crime leaders in the world?
Overall, it's very rare but there are a few examples.

Griselda Blanco (aka "The Black Widow) was a well known leader of a Florida drug ring that was connected to the Medellin cartel back in the 1970's and 1980's. If you ever watch the documentary Cocaine Cowboys, it talks about her.

There have been times when the wives of some Camorra bosses have become leaders of their clans when their husbands are in prison or killed.

Carmelo_Sicily
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Carmelo_Sicily » May 19th, 2008, 2:58 pm

the camorra, n'drangheta and sacra corona unita i believe have had some women leaders.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Are there female OC leaders?

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 20th, 2008, 10:18 pm

i was watching this show on the history channel after work one day and it was about a gangster from the prohibition days named roco perry or something, apparently he had a wife that got wacked and she was a major part of his operations and stuff. She helped roco with booze smuggling and got into the drug market on her own. can anyone verify that?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Are there female OC leaders? Griselda Blanco, others?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 7th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Griselda Blanco was recently killed in Colombia.