Lebanese Muslims trying to kill an australian boxer

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Lebanese Muslims trying to kill an australian boxer

Unread post by Invincible » June 19th, 2004, 1:13 pm

"These people rape australian women and now feel that killing anyone they feel is ok."

A LEBANESE crime gang has put a $50,000 price-tag on the head of former world boxing champion Jeff Fenech as payback for a brawl he had with four men outside a Sydney cafe earlier this year.

Fenech yesterday said he feared for the life of his wife and children after his inner-city home was sprayed with bullets overnight in a drive-by shooting that pierced the windows of an upstairs bedroom.

Police believe the shooting is connected to the January 4 bashing and stabbing of Fenech outside a cafe he part-owns in the southern Sydney suburb of Brighton-le-Sands.

A Sydney underworld source told The Weekend Australian yesterday that as a result of the attack, Fenech had a price on his head of up to $50,000.

Kogarah Crime Manager Detective Inspector Greg Bamford last night said the two attacks appeared to be linked.

He said it was "interesting" Fenech may have a price on his head, and it was too early to rule anything out.

Fenech, whose family was not home at the time of the night shooting, said he had no idea why his house was targeted.

He also denied reports he had hired a 160kg bodyguard to protect him and his family since the January stabbing attack.

The man has been spotted driving Fenech's car and by his side at fight promotions, however the former champion denies having hired a bodyguard.

The underworld source also said Fenech had employed the bodyguard to protect him and his family 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

"If he thinks 160kg of Fijian or Samoan muscle can stop a bullet, then he's got another thing coming," the source said.

"They will get him."

Fenech was slashed with a broken bottle during the January attack and was left with a 7cm gash to his jawbone that required plastic surgery.

Two men have been charged over the attack but are yet to face court. There is no suggestion these men had anything to do with the shooting.

Fenech promised to "punch the @#%$" out of his attackers in the aftermath of the incident, but just two days later refused to give police a statement, saying he didn't want his assailants to go to jail.

The Fenech family was not home at about 11pm on Thursday when seven shots were fired into their three-storey home at Lilyfield, in Sydney's inner west.

Fenech heard about the shooting while he was in a taxi after arriving back home from the US on Thursday and spending the night in Melbourne.

"I've no idea who did it," he said.

"I just hope they can wake up to themselves.

"It's a crazy thing to do, they'll end up in jail doing this and they should just learn to appreciate their family and their life outside.

"I'm not happy ... I don't know why it's happened but it's happened so I've just got to move on with my life."

Fenech is a three-time former world champion in three weight divisions, who won 28 bouts from his 32 fights, including 21 knockouts.

The Australian

hamo_uce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hamo_uce » July 23rd, 2005, 8:41 pm

YEAH hurd bout up dair in SYDNEY ! , DAM SYDNEY gettn like soCAL , with DRIVE BYs , SHOOTINGs , an RIOTs, DAM................

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 23rd, 2005, 10:22 pm

Damn Lebs, always causin shit over in OZ