red versus blue - how aussie gangs nearly became colours

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

red versus blue - how aussie gangs nearly became colours

Unread post by OziHomie » December 12th, 2017, 5:16 pm

in the late 80s numerous hiphop styled gangs had emerged around sydney,australia and were reaping havoc. graffiti was plastered on every trainline,white trucks and any free wall ... hangout spots became virtual no go zones as muggings and assaults were common and general anti social behavior was rife... the first patricipants to the hiphop culture began as. b boys in the early 80s and by late 80s , especially with theadvent of gangster rap had elevated to committing serious crimes from break enter steal to credit card frauds drugs and armed robs and so sydney got its very first police gangster unit in my suburb which is still there today ... we had local cops trying to hang out with us and be our friends though in truth there were just gathering intel to bustas many heads. as possible ... at one point they started to call us reds and blues and a few niave homies started wearing red orblue bandanas ... the police themselveswerecreating divisions and almost egginginter gang feuds based on a colour of a rag... but it didnt last but a season before disappearing... no gang ever became a colour anddespitesome gangfeudsthey remained territorial or usually overa girl ... most aussie gangs were mixed racially anddue to smalll number of hiphop heads they tended to alll be mates ...here it is unheard of to hate an african ifu r white... everyone loves africans here same with asians .. there are uniqueasian and african or polynesian gangs but the majority in australia are white gangs and have never adopted the colour and never became racist ... it is interesting that the only time i can recall where a color mattered was the summer of 87 where the police in the newly formed gang unit started to call us by a colour and stupidly we thought it was cool but it only lasted a season by mid 88 .. you never saw coloured bandanas ever again and still dont.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: red versus blue - how aussie gangs nearly became colours

Unread post by bgcasper » December 12th, 2017, 10:58 pm

wrong spot

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 13th, 2017, 1:13 am

im tryna work out how to move or delete thred... if u got any tips please inform and sorry i took too much liberty it seems ..b ut i will respect the flow of things here coz i got a tonne of respect for this site and its posters .. cheers

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 13th, 2017, 7:47 pm

its the section here its about california blac gangs if u wanna talk about aussie go to international section just under ...peace

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 15th, 2017, 6:44 am

thanks bgcasper .. yeah i found the international section ... and have since added my two bobs worth in there ... its not very active and as i kinda expected has drawn a few hardnuts of the variety i am well aware of ... and they all wanna fight and create beef so im not really with it ... i used to be heavily invovled with australias main hiphop website actually .. not so much for the criminal element but more dedicated towards music art and bboy side of things .. i was very deep in it and it has now ceased to exist due to the massive amount of arguements many of which lead to actual street violence including me being made a target on a few ocassions but i had enough of my own depth to survive ... had a price on my head a few times ... and they will never learn .. same ol .. so yeah i will content myself to keep reading your threads and not write much here .. australian underground can be extremely violent and hazardous and despite the lack of clear cut gangs like crips n bloods and latins , it is still a minfield where one wrong word to one bloke can cause all hell to break loose ... i remember when one beatboxer who was one of our best rose up and hit the top ten -a rarity here - the jealous mob attacked him at a party and one sad sack smashed his jaw in with a 2 by 4 destroying his ability to beatbox ever again... thats the low level mentality here sometimes .. at least in usa you hold your top rappers in the highest esteem ... not here .. i wont write any more about aussie gangs here . thanks for the welcome and advice. cheers

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by comptonblockz » December 17th, 2017, 4:15 pm

I was in Brisbane,Australia at a mall back in the day (early 2000s) lil niggas was really out there trying to bang flags. Boys was soft as pussy pie...had me laughing!

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 18th, 2017, 8:29 am

comptonblockz wrote:I was in Brisbane,Australia at a mall back in the day (early 2000s) lil niggas was really out there trying to bang flags. Boys was soft as pussy pie...had me laughing!
welcome to rung one of the aussie crime ladder... hanging at a mall or train station acting up .. most of them are just local kids .. a few will end up serious gangsters but most of those mall rats will drop off before puberty .. the ones who catch charges in those early days and prove themselves often get involved in more serious gangs from there. you cant compare those mall rats with americas street gangs though .. coz street gangs in america are hardcore from the getgo.. in australia most street gangs are just kids ..and most are just graff crews not really gangs.. its only when they pass a few tests and get a few years behind them and build the right rep that they then enter the real world of gangs and thats where the hardcore element is.. and the hardcore gangs in australia would definately not be what youd call pussies coz they as hardcore as americas hardcore gangs or any other hardcore gang around the world. its just that in australia you dont generally see them and most you couldnt pick them out in a crowd .. the ones you do see , like the kids at malls ... are mostly troublsome local kids but dont get me wrong even some of those kids have a sting in their tail.. most are pussies thats true i used to be one of those kids and knew hundreds of them and most are soft and will never become gangsters they'll grow up and move on ... but in amongst them alll are breeding the next generation of handcore gangsters and those can be capable of anything.. even at a young age. the good thing about australia is this ... we dont have 12yo kids joining gangs becoming hardcore and doing drive by shootings as initiations or to prove themselves we dont have 20yo ogs either .. the introduction into organised crime and hardcore gangs is completely voluntary for most and has a gentle approach and lots of opportunity to get out .. call it try before you buy approach .. and hanging at the mall acting up is the first taste many will get before deciding if its the life they want to pursue... as i said most will drop off quickly and only the truly hardened ones will eventually join serious gangs. i will also add depends what train station or mall you go to as well coz some are definately worse than others.. i think every mall in australia now has a local gang of kids who hang or meet there, but most are nothing to worry about ... a few though are quite dangerous and ultra violent especially in sydneys west or south west and outer melbourne and i know also in out brissie burbs.. i think all the outer burbs in australia have the more dangeorus mall rat/graff gangs .. the main city mall rat gangs are generally harmless.. they prolly more interested in chasing pussy than stealing your wallet