Houston:Police trying to hunt gang members, La Tercera Crips

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Houston:Police trying to hunt gang members, La Tercera Crips

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 21st, 2005, 10:04 pm

Police trying to hunt down violent gang members
Suspects tied to several murders

By Deborah Wrigley

(12/21/05 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - Ten murders and eleven suspects. Some of them are still on the loose, but it's a much bigger problem than that. Houston police and residents are telling us about one violent gang doing an awful lot of damage.

Police are tying this gang to several murders and have some gang members in custody. They commit crimes in packs, but one by one, they're revealing a lot about a gang that's grown increasingly violent -- so much so that HPD homicide now has a gang murder squad, which has linked the gang to 16 crimes, including murder, robbery, and assault.

Houston police say the local gang started in Missouri City and the southwest side and grew into what's called the La Tercera Crips, or LTC. Six adults and a 16-year-old boy are now linked to 10 killings that date back a year. The murders concentrated almost exclusively in west and southwest Houston. Three of them were at an apartment complex on Corporate Drive, where families live in fear.

"Because I have children and I make sure my children are OK," said a resident who didn't want to be identified.

Police say most of the killing involved rival gang members, but not all. Earlier this month, a man mistaken as a rival was shot and killed in his car. A baby was in the back seat. This is all the work, detectives say, of the La Tercera Crips.

"They're distributing guns and drugs and have weapons," said Sgt. Brian Harris with HPD homicide. "Some of these crimes happened just because someone looked at them the wrong way. The term is 'mean mugging.'"

The gang's been dealt a blow, according to detectives, and while those under arrest are not cooperating, information is being gathered about other members. And they're being put on notice.

"The message to gangs is if you're active, we are going to hunt you down and lock you up," warned Houston Police Chief Harold Hurtt.

That's strong language, but back in an apartment complex where one of the gang suspects was arrested last week, a woman too frightened to be identified says she'll believe change when she sees it.

"I've heard about gangs since the early 80s and people were in denial, so it's just coming out more," she said. "This is nothing new."

Seven people are in custody, some charged with capital murder. But four others are still at large -- Pedro Acuna, brothers Victor and William Arevalo, and Jose Luviano. If you recognize them and can provide police with evidence that leads to a conviction, you may be eligible for a $5,000 Crime Stoppers reward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Houston police certainly have more than one violent gang to deal with. The Los Angeles-based gang MS-13 is also on the department's radar. The city was part of an international roundup of suspected members earlier this year. MS-13 is even believed to be connected to a billion-dollar crime ring that involves stealing over-the-counter drugs, which are then sold to out of state wholesalers, re-packaged, and sold back to stores.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=3748697

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » December 22nd, 2005, 4:11 am

LTC has grown over the years, when I was in my prime they were a big gang with heavy numbers but they werent known for flatlining rivals so they were far from a real threat or concern with the major players on the SouthWest. They used to be located in some parts of Alief and Mo City but shit from the looks of things they are all over the apts they got caught at are in my old hood. And on top of that MS 13 in Houston when I was growing up was a lil no-nothing ass hood with about 40 to 50 members that used to have to click up with SWC and SPPL to go to war, now look at them they are headlining, recruiting must have been high in the late 90s.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » December 22nd, 2005, 4:17 am

SWblocks-Veteran wrote:LTC has grown over the years, when I was in my prime they were a big gang with heavy numbers but they werent known for flatlining rivals so they were far from a real threat or concern with the major players on the SouthWest. They used to be located in some parts of Alief and Mo City but shit from the looks of things they are all over the apts they got caught at are in my old hood. And on top of that MS 13 in Houston when I was growing up was a lil no-nothing ass hood with about 40 to 50 members that used to have to click up with SWC and SPPL to go to war, now look at them they are headlining, recruiting must have been high in the late 90s.
typo-the apts they killed them 3 ppl at are in my old hood

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Houston:Police trying to hunt gang members, La Tercera C

Unread post by alexalonso » January 5th, 2013, 11:28 pm

whats up with La Tercera Crips

bxxmin873
If in the United States: Texas

Re: Houston:Police trying to hunt gang members, La Tercera C

Unread post by bxxmin873 » January 30th, 2021, 11:14 am

alexalonso wrote:
January 5th, 2013, 11:28 pm
whats up with La Tercera Crips
They were the homies back from like 2002 to 2009 i think. All the riders locked up bangin something else now or resting. They was ridin on them LP90 niggas haaaaaard. Now they all spread together in tdc dayrooms bangin the same gang