SouthWest Cholos (SWC 13) in Houston, Texas

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

SouthWest Cholos (SWC 13) in Houston, Texas

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 23rd, 2005, 7:18 am

The largest and probably most feared hispanic gang in Houston, Tx. They are easily over a 1000 deep wouldnt be suprised if they were 2 or 3 thousand deep due to their large amount of Mexicans and Salvadorians of all ages ranging from 9 or 10 all the way to their late 40's and early 50's, a nice amount of the members are illegal immigrants. They wear black rags and have few allies. They have another branch of SWC which is called Lords Of Alief, although LA operates under a different name with different leaders it is all the same gang, SWC operates from the East around 610/Chimney Rock/Gulfton Ghetto area all the way out to Beltway 8 area on the West, the North boundary stops at Westheimer and south boundary goes all the way to South Main. If you know Houston this is a massive area which they live in...some parts are more congested with members than others but then many other gangs small and large are living in that territory aswell. SWC most well known neighborhoods/streets are the Gulfton Ghetto, Glenmont, Renwick, Windswept and basically all of Hillcroft and Bellaire Blvd. Lords of Alief territory goes from Wilcrest/Boone Road area on the East all the way to Highway 6 on the West, and from the North to the Alief Clodine area and stretches all they way to the South at W.Bellfort/Meadows area. But many other gangs large and small live in this territory aswell. LA's most notorious neighborhoods are all the Leawood subdivisions(1-4) SWC has a notorious reputation in Houston for dropping bodies and are responsible for many gang related shootings. During the mid 1990's the SouthWest Cholos declared war on the Houston Police department and threatened to shoot any police officer(s) patrolling their neighborhood. They shot at the police more than a few times and police stop patrolling these areas until a massive crackdown on the gang occured and many members went to jail. They are still huge in Houston numbers wise and are one of the oldest Hispanic gangs in Houston, they beef with all Blue rags, all Folks, aswell as some bloods and other 13 gangs. For a long time in Houston they were at war with just about every gang on the southwest side of town.

Worst Rivals
LP 90st
BD
LRZ 13
LRZ Folks
LTC
Rollin 60's

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » December 2nd, 2005, 6:57 pm

do all the sets get along or do some beef with each other?

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » December 3rd, 2005, 1:30 pm

They all get along pretty good, besides SWC and LA there isnt sets. Just 2 differesnt sets one for Sw Houston and the other for Alief Sw Houston but I never heard of them having beef and if there is it is handle with hands.

leanin

Unread post by leanin » May 16th, 2006, 9:30 am

I USE TO STAY AT ATWELL NEAR BELAIRE FOR FOUR MONTHS UNTIL I MOVED TO SPRING BRANCH DEM NIGGAS IS DEEP AND GOT A BIG HOOD ALL TAGGED UP . WEN I WAS LIVING IN THE SOUTWEST DEM CHOLO NIGGAS KILLED 3 MS NIGGAS LATE LAST YEAR DERE WAS SO MUCH GANG ACTIVITY GOING ON WHILE I WAS LIVING DERE. OVER HERE IN SPRING BRANCH IS ALMOST THE SAME THEY GOT JQA, PVL N OTHER GANGS OUT HERE BUT DONT BANG HARD AS IN THE SW.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » August 13th, 2006, 8:55 am

leanin wrote:I USE TO STAY AT ATWELL NEAR BELAIRE FOR FOUR MONTHS UNTIL I MOVED TO SPRING BRANCH DEM NIGGAS IS DEEP AND GOT A BIG HOOD ALL TAGGED UP . WEN I WAS LIVING IN THE SOUTWEST DEM CHOLO NIGGAS KILLED 3 MS NIGGAS LATE LAST YEAR DERE WAS SO MUCH GANG ACTIVITY GOING ON WHILE I WAS LIVING DERE. OVER HERE IN SPRING BRANCH IS ALMOST THE SAME THEY GOT JQA, PVL N OTHER GANGS OUT HERE BUT DONT BANG HARD AS IN THE SW.
who is JQA and PVL....I dont fuck around in the Branch letme know

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » April 21st, 2008, 5:59 pm

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » April 26th, 2008, 9:19 am

Hey SWblocks Veteran, I've got some questions to ask you about Houston gangs, race, and crime because I know you know your shit when it comes to Houston. I've always been interested in Houston because I've always loved the city-I'm a Texan myself, San Antonio born and raised. I hope to move there one day, it's always seemed exciting to me.

Is there a lot of racial tension between black and Hispanic gangs in SW Houston? I've always been curious about this since there's seems to be large numbers of both in SW Houston. I'm sure it's not like Los Angeles, but does it exist to a certain extent? Do black gangs just fight black gangs mainly, and Hispanic gangs mainly fight Hispanic gangs? Or is there a lot of beef between black and Latino gangs? Is there is cross-racial beef, does it ever get really racial, like some wetback/mayate type shit, or does it just stay on a strictly rival gang tip, just happens that the two gangs are of different races? I've heard of black gangs fighting Hispanic gangs, but does the fighting ever get really racist between the two groups?

I remember reading either the Houston Chronicle website or KHOU.com website and there being a story about a La Primera gangster killing a Blood. I just assumed the Blood was black and I know La Primera is a big Hispanic gang in SW Houston. I also remember Vince Young talking about how in middle school (Dowling I think) he and the Bloods that he was hanging out with got into a big fight at school with a Hispanic gang.

To expand on this, is there a lot of racial tension between blacks and Hispanics in SW Houston? I notice a lot of the schools in SW Houston, like Westbury, Elsik, Madison, Alief Taylor, Sharpstown, Hastings, etc., have a good mix of blacks and Mexicans/other Latinos. Is there a lot of tension at the schools or apartment complexes or any race riots at the schools? Or do blacks and Hispanics pretty much get along?

Another thing I'm curious about is the situation of Hurricane Katrina evacuees and how they figure into crime in SW Houston. Are the N.O. evacuees heavily active in SW Houston crime as of today? Do they fight native-born black and Hispanic gangs a lot, or do they fight amongst themselves? I know a lot of evacuees have returned to New Orleans and evacuee-related crime has gone down significantly in Houston, but are they still active in SW Houston neighborhoods? I remember there being a case in 2005 or 2006 of this evacuee killing this Hispanic dude because the evacuee claimed he was "mad mugging" him (i.e. looking at him the wrong way)-I kind of thought maybe the Hispanic dude was a gangster himself and this may have been an example of gang tension between evacuees and Houston gangs? I know when the evacuees first came I'm sure there was a lot of tension between them and black Houston and Hispanic Houston gangs, but is this still going on?

I also remember this story about N.O. evacuees, and the story talked about how the presence of evacuees affected the drug business of a native Houston drug crew called the Braeswood Soldiers, who I assumed were a native-born black Houstonian drug crew. Can you give me some insight about this drug crew-are they a big-time drug operation in SW Houston or are they small-time hustlers?

Lastly, when did SW Houston become the #1 hotspot for crime in Houston? When I was coming up whenever I thought of dangerous areas in Houston, I usually thought about the 5th ward or 3rd ward. I only started hearing about SW Houston when the evacuees came to Houston. I then learned that SW Houston has been the #1 hotspot in Houston for a while, even before Hurricane Katrina. When did this happen and why/how did it happen? It seemed like the older black neighborhoods in northeast or southeast Houston were the most dangerous, but hoods like the 5th or the 3rd aren't as bad as they use to be and aren't as bad as southwest Houston. Is there any explanation as to how this transition happened?

I know this is a big post and a lot of questions, but I know you know your shit and I appreciate your knowledge. Thanks.

aztekhaos
What city do you live in now?: houston tx

Re: SouthWest Cholos(SWC 13)

Unread post by aztekhaos » November 2nd, 2008, 3:23 pm

ITS CRAZY HOW U CAN FIND ANYTHING ONLINE.(WATCHA)LET ME TELL U A LIL STORY ABOUT ME AND MY HOMIES BACK ON THE DAYS AT ALIEF MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HASTINGS/ELSIK HIGH SCHOOL.BETWEEN 1996 AND 1999.I WAS RAISE WELL U CAN SAY BORN IN GLEMONT IN LAS AMERICAS APARMENTS CLOSE TO THE 59 FLEA MARKET,MY PARENTS CAME FROM MEXICO AND RAISE ME IN HOUSTONE.I GOT RAISE WITH MY CUZINS BEING IN GANG RELATED,SOME WUZ CRIPS SOME WHERE BLOODS BUT MOSTLY LATING KINGS AND OF COURSE SWC.THEY HAD SO MUCH LOVE FOR ME THAT I COULDNT CLAIM ANYTHING,THAT WOULD TURN THEM AGAINST ME.(BROWN AND PROUD)I ALWAYS BELIEVE IN LA FAMILIA EVEN TILL THIS DAY.AFTER MY FIRST DAY OF MIDDLE SCHOOL I MEET A VATO IN MY SCHOOL BUS AND HE ASK ME WUT I CLAIMED I SAID SOUTHWEST CHOLOS,WHY?I SEEN A BLACK RAG IN HIS DICKIES,AND HE SAID "SIMON" IM A MS13,WE BECAME HOMIES,THEN I MEET JUAN AKA TAZ A YOUNG LATIN KING,THAT VATO HAD BALLS.THE I MEET THE GEMELOS,TWO BROTHERS THEY CLAIMED VLM "VIVA LOS MEXICANOS"WE STARTED A GANG,NO NAME,JUST HOMIES.BETWEEN THE 7th AND 8th GRADE WE ACTED A FOOL WE FOUGH MANY,WE HAD THE SCHOOL SCARED,14,15,16 YEAR OLD KIDS HAD THE SCHOOL SCARED.THEN THEY BROKE US APART SENDING US TO DIFFERNT HIGH SCHOOLS NOT ME ,AT THE 8th GRADE I MESSED UP AND ENDED UP IN JUVINAL DID SOME TIME BUT THAT MADE ME WORSE.I WENT TO HASTINGS FOR ALMOST MY WHOLE 9th GRADE BUT MOST OF MY HOMIES ENDED UP AT ELSIK ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL ACROSS THE STREET.EVERYTHING WAS BROKEN AND MADE LIL GANGS LIKE LTC. LP .SPPL.BLOODS AND CRIPS,(****I'VE BE BACK AND FINISH MY HOOD STORY ANOTHER DAY******)TO BE CONTINUE........

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » February 10th, 2009, 12:15 am

VALERO wrote:
Hey SWblocks Veteran, I've got some questions to ask you about Houston gangs, race, and crime because I know you know your shit when it comes to Houston. I've always been interested in Houston because I've always loved the city-I'm a Texan myself, San Antonio born and raised. I hope to move there one day, it's always seemed exciting to me.

Is there a lot of racial tension between black and Hispanic gangs in SW Houston? I've always been curious about this since there's seems to be large numbers of both in SW Houston. I'm sure it's not like Los Angeles, but does it exist to a certain extent? Do black gangs just fight black gangs mainly, and Hispanic gangs mainly fight Hispanic gangs? Or is there a lot of beef between black and Latino gangs? Is there is cross-racial beef, does it ever get really racial, like some wetback/mayate type shit, or does it just stay on a strictly rival gang tip, just happens that the two gangs are of different races? I've heard of black gangs fighting Hispanic gangs, but does the fighting ever get really racist between the two groups?

I remember reading either the Houston Chronicle website or KHOU.com website and there being a story about a La Primera gangster killing a Blood. I just assumed the Blood was black and I know La Primera is a big Hispanic gang in SW Houston. I also remember Vince Young talking about how in middle school (Dowling I think) he and the Bloods that he was hanging out with got into a big fight at school with a Hispanic gang.

To expand on this, is there a lot of racial tension between blacks and Hispanics in SW Houston? I notice a lot of the schools in SW Houston, like Westbury, Elsik, Madison, Alief Taylor, Sharpstown, Hastings, etc., have a good mix of blacks and Mexicans/other Latinos. Is there a lot of tension at the schools or apartment complexes or any race riots at the schools? Or do blacks and Hispanics pretty much get along?

Another thing I'm curious about is the situation of Hurricane Katrina evacuees and how they figure into crime in SW Houston. Are the N.O. evacuees heavily active in SW Houston crime as of today? Do they fight native-born black and Hispanic gangs a lot, or do they fight amongst themselves? I know a lot of evacuees have returned to New Orleans and evacuee-related crime has gone down significantly in Houston, but are they still active in SW Houston neighborhoods? I remember there being a case in 2005 or 2006 of this evacuee killing this Hispanic dude because the evacuee claimed he was "mad mugging" him (i.e. looking at him the wrong way)-I kind of thought maybe the Hispanic dude was a gangster himself and this may have been an example of gang tension between evacuees and Houston gangs? I know when the evacuees first came I'm sure there was a lot of tension between them and black Houston and Hispanic Houston gangs, but is this still going on?

I also remember this story about N.O. evacuees, and the story talked about how the presence of evacuees affected the drug business of a native Houston drug crew called the Braeswood Soldiers, who I assumed were a native-born black Houstonian drug crew. Can you give me some insight about this drug crew-are they a big-time drug operation in SW Houston or are they small-time hustlers?

Lastly, when did SW Houston become the #1 hotspot for crime in Houston? When I was coming up whenever I thought of dangerous areas in Houston, I usually thought about the 5th ward or 3rd ward. I only started hearing about SW Houston when the evacuees came to Houston. I then learned that SW Houston has been the #1 hotspot in Houston for a while, even before Hurricane Katrina. When did this happen and why/how did it happen? It seemed like the older black neighborhoods in northeast or southeast Houston were the most dangerous, but hoods like the 5th or the 3rd aren't as bad as they use to be and aren't as bad as southwest Houston. Is there any explanation as to how this transition happened?

I know this is a big post and a lot of questions, but I know you know your shit and I appreciate your knowledge. Thanks.

Is there a lot of racial tension between black and Hispanic gangs in SW Houston?

Naw man even though there is some beef going on its a lot less than most other places I have been.

Do black gangs just fight black gangs mainly, and Hispanic gangs mainly fight Hispanic gangs? Or is there a lot of beef between black and Latino gangs?

mostly black on black and brown on brown

I've heard of black gangs fighting Hispanic gangs, but does the fighting ever get really racist between the two groups?

Personally I never seen it turn really racist on the streets outside of school. Of course some people will use racial slurs and all that during fights or before/after shootings but for the most part not at all.

Is there a lot of tension at the schools or apartment complexes or any race riots at the schools?

I am turning 30 in a few months, there were black vs brown race riots at every school I knew about on the SW. I cant speak for other peoples neighborhoods but I know on the SW and Mo City it was going down. I would think Hiram Clarke would be the same bc of the ethnic makeup.

Are the N.O. evacuees heavily active in SW Houston crime as of today? Do they fight native-born black and Hispanic gangs a lot, or do they fight amongst themselves?

They were when they first came bc police, thugs etc. werent ready for them BUT A LOT of them went home. They couldnt take the heat of our police down here. Laws are much more strict in Tx than in Louisiana and I think they found that out the hard way. Most of them are either locked up, back home or assimilated into this H-Town style of living.

I also remember this story about N.O. evacuees, and the story talked about how the presence of evacuees affected the drug business of a native Houston drug crew called the Braeswood Soldiers, who I assumed were a native-born black Houstonian drug crew Can you give me some insight about this drug crew-are they a big-time drug operation in SW Houston or are they small-time hustlers?

I grew up down the street from Braeswood on Club Creek/Woodfair which was also heavily affected by their arrival. Braeswood is one of the oldest SW drug corners, along with Woodfair/Club Creek and Fondren/Sandpiper..they have everything from petty street dealers all the way up to heavyweighters. See the reason hoods like ours and Braeswood were affected by N.O is bc our n-hoods are ALL APARTMENTS. 90 to 95 percent of us dont live over there anymore, we used to just go there and chill represent and make money. When Katrina hit they filled up over 40 percent of every apartment on our streetm therefore blocks that were once were occupied by 100 Braeswood Hustlers were now occupied by 500-700 Refugees. They mostly fought amongst themselves but there were battles for turf but at the end of the day they still had to buy there drugs and guns from Houstonians. But like I said they are mostly gone...shit is different here. If u kill someone in Tx your ass will get prosecuted...if you kill someone in N.O you might be free in a month or two. Its 2 different ball games going on in these 2 states. We may be neighbors but the laws here are something serious.

Lastly, when did SW Houston become the #1 hotspot for crime in Houston? When did this happen and why/how did it happen?

SW Houston has always been a hotspot since I was a little boy, i mean in the mid 80s I was living in the Gulfton area with my parents and it was wild. Late 80s I was living on Fondren and it was wild. The whole 90s I was in Beechnut/Bissonett area BUT I think what happened is bc SW is the happening side of town with all the clubs and all the apartments is that slowly muthafuckas kept moving here from every side of town with not much going on. SW is a part of town that you can move from apt to apt in, bc of that we got ppl from all over here that come out here to sell dope and make money. The pot was already boiling on the West before Katrina but they were the shit that made the water jump out the pot. Crazy thing is I had a gang of homeboys die in the last couple years ALL of them were killed by other Houstonians. I dont think it was one real reason why the SW went to that top spot but the fact that is overloaded with cheap apartments definitely has something to do with it. Everybody from the hood moved there thinking they were moving up and in reality they just moved into another hood and made it more hood.

BountyHuntaO

Re:

Unread post by BountyHuntaO » March 12th, 2009, 7:20 pm

VALERO wrote:

Sur 13 usually set trip on Blacks, but not much.

We hated N.O. evacs. b/c they tried to take over, they are mostly back in New Orleans now, but everyone was against them.

Gangs moved from other sides of H and other cities, and we just got violent.

BountyHuntaO

Re:

Unread post by BountyHuntaO » March 12th, 2009, 7:25 pm

SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
leanin wrote:I USE TO STAY AT ATWELL NEAR BELAIRE FOR FOUR MONTHS UNTIL I MOVED TO SPRING BRANCH DEM NIGGAS IS DEEP AND GOT A BIG HOOD ALL TAGGED UP . WEN I WAS LIVING IN THE SOUTWEST DEM CHOLO NIGGAS KILLED 3 MS NIGGAS LATE LAST YEAR DERE WAS SO MUCH GANG ACTIVITY GOING ON WHILE I WAS LIVING DERE. OVER HERE IN SPRING BRANCH IS ALMOST THE SAME THEY GOT JQA, PVL N OTHER GANGS OUT HERE BUT DONT BANG HARD AS IN THE SW.
who is JQA and PVL....I dont fu-- around in the Branch letme know

JQA 13 is like a click they bang Trece and the 5-Point star, there also under the red flag and sometimes get along with sur 13 but don't really have any allies.

PVL stands for Puro Vatos Locos, they have cliques in SE and NW, in SE they bang black flags ,hate crips, and are all hispanic, in NW they are small and bang white flags.

GJIMAS180
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SALT LAKE CITY

Unread post by GJIMAS180 » March 13th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Is swc affiliated with the sureno camp or does the trece have a diffrent meaning in tejas?

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Re:

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » April 27th, 2009, 3:37 pm

BountyHuntaO wrote:
SWblocks-Veteran wrote:
who is JQA and PVL....I dont fu-- around in the Branch letme know

JQA 13 is like a click they bang Trece and the 5-Point star, there also under the red flag and sometimes get along with sur 13 but don't really have any allies.

PVL stands for Puro Vatos Locos, they have cliques in SE and NW, in SE they bang black flags ,hate crips, and are all hispanic, in NW they are small and bang white flags.
Im a little older than yall bc none of these sets existed when I was active. Where in the NorthWest/Houston are these sets(Sur 13, JQA, PVL ) main bases/strongholds?? Like whats there main hood where everybody knows where they be at?

babybluemami
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: del rio

Unread post by babybluemami » February 18th, 2010, 11:48 pm

okay guys im from san anto and del rio. i wanna move to houston but i dnt even kno where to begin lookin for the area where sur 13 posts up. im from the sur background and wanna stay around dem n not end up in sum oda hood. help me out. where dey at in houston?

S.W.A.T. Guerilla

Unread post by S.W.A.T. Guerilla » February 20th, 2010, 12:34 am

babybluemami wrote:okay guys im from san anto and del rio. i wanna move to houston but i dnt even kno where to begin lookin for the area where sur 13 posts up. im from the sur background and wanna stay around dem n not end up in sum oda hood. help me out. where dey at in houston?
sure mami, move to southwest houston particularly in the hillcroft/59 south area you got hoods their like glenmont and gulfton that will make you feel like home. hope that helps and good luck.

htown20xx
What city do you live in now?: houston

Unread post by htown20xx » September 1st, 2010, 7:53 pm

babybluemami wrote:okay guys im from san anto and del rio. i wanna move to houston but i dnt even kno where to begin lookin for the area where sur 13 posts up. im from the sur background and wanna stay around dem n not end up in sum oda hood. help me out. where dey at in houston?
By hobby airport but they are just kind of there. I even wore all red one night and did a fake drive by shooting they all layed down on the ground. A few days later this guy at work thats sur 13 said "this big mean norteno went down broadway like he was going to blast us" I couldn't keep from laughing.

htown20xx
What city do you live in now?: houston

Unread post by htown20xx » September 1st, 2010, 7:55 pm

Why is it that I have blond hair and im 7/8ths white and get either mistaken for a southwest cholo or accused of being one? I don't have tattoos or a black flag I tend to wear a lot of black stuff because I like the color black I wonder if that is what it is or could it be that I am about the same height as most hispanics im not tall and lanky like most white people? And its always either SPPL or LP I have been called a chohoe and cherrio many times I finally got to where I talk shit back I call them lollipops and slobs. And im not false claiming I know some people in SWC I don't understand why they can tell im not in a gang but LP can't. :x

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » October 5th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Boy u gonna get shot responding with them gang disses sooner or later. Not talking shit just saying the L.P's I knew coming up didn't play games, SPPL's either. I lived right near 90st L.P's too so I remember them putting in A LOT of work. Maybe its a different era now, but I hear L.P and SWC beef it out pretty hard on the South West still.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: SouthWest Cholos (SWC 13)

Unread post by alexalonso » January 6th, 2013, 12:38 am

are the South West Cholos still active?