Gambino Crime Family Boss shot and killed

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gambino Crime Family Boss shot and killed

Unread post by yoda100 » March 17th, 2019, 1:16 pm

A 24 year old man was arrested Saturday, March 16, 2019 in the shooting death of the reputed boss of the Gambino crime family, New York City police said. Anthony Comello, 24, was arrested in New Jersey in the death of Francesco Cali, 53, on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 in front of his Staten Island home, said Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea, who stressed that the investigation is in its early stages. "There are multiple, multiple angles that we are exploring," Shea said at a news conference at police headquarters. "Was the person paid to do it? Were others conspiring to do this crime?" The 53-year-old Cali, a native of Sicily, was shot to death by a gunman who may have crashed his truck into Cali's car to lure him outside. Shea said Cali was shot 10 times and died at the scene. Shea said police have recovered the truck but have not recovered the gun used in the murder.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Re: Gambino Crime Family Boss shot and killed

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 17th, 2019, 2:34 pm

Yea this is crazy. I think it’s the first Mob boss of a NY family killed since 1985 when Gotti carried out that hit.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » March 17th, 2019, 8:36 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Yea this is crazy. I think it’s the first Mob boss of a NY family killed since 1985 when Gotti carried out that hit.
Exactly, what I find eerie is how this hit was orchestrated, crashing into Cali's car to get him outside of his house, it probably caused a lot of commotion in the neighborhood, so you probably had a witness who saw Comello commit the murder which caused his arrest, either this kid had some sort of personal beef with Cali, and didn't care if he got caught, all he wanted to do was make sure he was dead, OR this was probably one of the worst hit's in italian mob history. Boy would I hate being a mob boss lol, constantly having to watch you and your familys back, you're never safe, anywhere, reminds me of an episode of this tv show i watched a long time ago, forgot the name.. but a mob boss had gone to a restaurant to get something to eat, he decides to eat outside in the patio, and out of nowhere someone walks up and shoots him point blank in the head and walks off, what a crazy life to live.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 18th, 2019, 9:52 am

Yeah that’s a good point. The hit was highly effective as far as making sure the target was dead but not so well thought out if the gunman planned to get away with it.

I loosely follow NY mob news. I know that hits had been extremely rare in the last 10 or so years to purposely avoid heat from law enforcement. But recently there’s been an increase in mob related shootings. Wonder what’s going on. Makes sense though, at some point the Mob HAS to kill otherwise there’s no reason anyone will fear them or obey them.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 18th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Well now there’s stories come out that law enforcement believes this was not a mob related hit at all, and that it may have to do with a nutcase who was instructed to stop dating Cali’s niece and this guy may have decided to just kill the man out of pure rage. So if that’s the case, then the way it happened with the car crash and all makes sense now.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » March 18th, 2019, 11:07 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Well now there’s stories come out that law enforcement believes this was not a mob related hit at all, and that it may have to do with a nutcase who was instructed to stop dating Cali’s niece and this guy may have decided to just kill the man out of pure rage. So if that’s the case, then the way it happened with the car crash and all makes sense now.
Yeah I saw this on the news this morning, what a stupid ass kid, he went through all of that just because that mob boss told his niece to stop dating him.. really? I'm glad the kid will get life in prison, what a waste of life, and a sad excuse to murder someone.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 20th, 2019, 10:50 pm

That whiteboy who killed him was flashing some shit he wrote on his hand while in Court.

It said MAGA FOREVER and UNITED WE STAND MAGA.
He's one of those weirdo mentally deranged MAGA whiteboys.

Hopefully they waste that fool painfully in prison.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » March 21st, 2019, 11:02 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:That whiteboy who killed him was flashing some shit he wrote on his hand while in Court.

It said MAGA FOREVER and UNITED WE STAND MAGA.
He's one of those weirdo mentally deranged MAGA whiteboys.

Hopefully they waste that fool painfully in prison.
Anthony Comello, 24, of Staten Island, who law officials say has no mafia ties, was arrested in brick, new jersey, where he was hiding at a family house, comello almost immediatley confessed to the murder. Law enforcement doesnt believe it had anything to do with organized crime. In fact, the murder may have been a gruesome crime of passion, an investigator believe's that Comello was romantantically interested in Cali's niece, whom the alleged boss had barred him from seeing. Selwyn Raab, author of Five Families: The Rise, Decline and Resurgence of America's most powerful mafia empire has a prediction. "Somebody's going to try to get him," Raab told AP News pointed to the "Mafia Code", which applies even those without mob ties. "He'll be a marked man for the rest of his life."

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2019, 6:19 pm

here is a pic
Attachments
anthony-comello-court.jpg
anthony-comello-court.jpg (65.04 KiB) Viewed 9458 times