Leicester/Leicestershire

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
LeicesterLad
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Leicester

Leicester/Leicestershire

Unread post by LeicesterLad » June 24th, 2014, 7:41 am

Hi guys (and girls), I'm new here so please be gentle!

Basically I am looking for any information (current or historic) on the existance of street gangs / organised crime in Leicester.

I've lived here all of my life and I know there are many nasty estates and ethnic areas in the city but street gangs / organised crime doesn't seem to be prevelant here. The most notrious leicester related thing I can find is the burger van wars from the 80's / 90's. I know there is a big Albanian and Polish presence here aswell as Indian / Pakistani / Somalian but I still cant seem to come accross any gang / organised crime stuff relating to any of these.

I have a general interest - I'm a crime writer (no, not a Journo) and just have a general interest in the underworld / organised crime.

If anybody has any news on Leicester i would love to hear more!

Thanks!

ManorLad
If in the United States: Wyoming
What city do you live in now?: worksop

Re: Leicester/Leicestershire

Unread post by ManorLad » August 29th, 2014, 11:53 am

Don't know much bout Leicester apart from i went jail there 4 years ago its called glen parva is that near you? Loads of black lads from notts there was a kid there who was 16 i think n he got charged with 3 murders n 2 attempts plus gun charges n arson he was fuckin crazy