NGD Guyanese in Montreal, Canada

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: French Guiana gangs

Unread post by Hyp Notica » June 9th, 2004, 2:01 pm

There are many Guyanese in Montreal, Canada (especially NDG, Cote-des-neiges, Snowdon, and Burgundy, the English Carribbean neighborhoods). My Guyanese friend told me that Guyana has the lowest literacy rate at 63%illiterate, and actually, his whole family living in Cote-des-neiges (17 people i think) are illiterate, and since hearing that, I've asked every Guyanese I've ever met about their reading abilities, and none I've ever met have been able to read full sentences of random sh_t. That's crazy. I know Guatemala is 54%illiterate according to stats. Y'all should acknowledge that this is in no way meant as a disrespect. It's information on the reality of the country, not a reflection of any individual.