New Lucchese Boss Named..

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

New Lucchese Boss Named..

Unread post by doobeez » March 4th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Gangland is the source. Article written by Jerry Capeci:

For the first time in 25 years, a New York Mafia boss has given up the reigns of his crime family. Vittorio (Vic) Amuso, now in his third decade of a life sentence, was prodded a bit, but ultimately did the right thing and stepped down recently as boss of the Luchese crime family.

Stepping down is something John Gotti always said he would do, but didn't. At his death in prison, Gotti was still the official Gambino boss. Vincent (Chin) Gigante was also still clinging to his post as Genovese family chief when he died. Carmine (Junior) Persico waged and won a bloody two-year-long war for control of his family from behind prison walls. He’s still hanging on to what remains of his clan even though he’s been behind bars since 1984.

But the 77-year-old Amuso, the murderous drug dealer who was handpicked by the late Anthony (Tony Ducks) Corallo when he was convicted of racketeering in the historic 1986 Commission case, has officially relinquished control of the crime family.

The specific circumstances are still unknown outside the family’s upper strata, but there’s no doubt about it. Gang Land has confirmed with several reliable sources that Steven (Stevie Wonder) Crea, a former boxer and racing pigeon aficionado – and a labor racketeer extraordinaire – is now the official boss of the Luchese crime family.

“Everyone treats Steve like he’s the boss,” said one Gang Land source. “He is the boss. And he’s been there, the official boss, for some time,” the source added, declining to say when Crea’s ascension took place. Since 2002, the FBI and the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, which both made labor racketeering cases against him, have carried Crea as the family’s acting boss.

Released from federal prison in 2006, Crea ended his federal supervised release and state parole obligations in November of 2009.

Crea, 64, is a Bronx-based gangster who made millions through price-fixing, bid-rigging and other extortion schemes while controlling millions of dollars of construction projects. As a builder, Crea won huge public and private contracts in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Queens, as well as in the city’s northern suburbs, after he became a “made man” in the 1980s, according to court records. He wasn’t shy about his construction clout either: When he built a row of homes in northern Yonkers, he dubbed it “Creaville.”

For years, he had a no-show job at Inner City Drywall, one of the city’s largest drywall companies. But that’s not how Stevie Wonder, who publicly owned construction firms and was the secret owner of others, became a millionaire. He did that through kickback schemes involving a network of builders and corrupt officials in carpenters, bricklayers and other labor unions, according to state and federal court documents.

Sources say that his base of operations has moved from a club on Westchester Avenue to one on Coddington Avenue near East Tremont Avenue in the Schuylerville section of The Bronx. “Not too long ago,” said one source, he was spotted in a neighborhood “walk-talk” with a cohort.

“He’s discreet, but he’s not a hermit,” said the source.

Sources say Amuso didn’t volunteer to step down, but didn’t resist “an invitation” to do so.

“The message was delivered to Vic in prison that he was out, and that he shouldn’t make any noise about it,” said another reliable Gang Land source. “He didn’t."

So now we have the Gambinos with Cefalu and the Luccheses with Crea as new official bosses...whos next?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: New Lucchese Boss Named..

Unread post by thewestside » March 4th, 2012, 9:52 pm

And obviously the Colombos still have Carmine Persico as their official boss. I could see the Bonannos eventually naming one. Basciano would be it if he hadn't been sentenced to life in prison. But I'd be surprised if the Genovese named an official boss.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » March 5th, 2012, 10:46 am

thewestside wrote:And obviously the Colombos still have Carmine Persico as their official boss. I could see the Bonannos eventually naming one. Basciano would be it if he hadn't been sentenced to life in prison. But I'd be surprised if the Genovese named an official boss.

The Columbo's are a sinking ship. If the Bonanno's do name a successor, it'll have to be somebody totally seperate from Massino et al, and at this point, I'm not sure who would be a viable condidate.

It's untelling who's really calling the shots. Even when you "know" you never know. Now that he's back out, I'm guessing it's Barney, but again...ya never know with the Westside.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » March 22nd, 2012, 6:01 pm

What ever happened to Sal Avellino is he still in NEW YORK? hes been out of prison since 2006 and I havent heard a thing about the guy

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 22nd, 2012, 9:50 pm

mayugastank wrote:What ever happened to Sal Avellino is he still in NEW YORK? hes been out of prison since 2006 and I havent heard a thing about the guy
I think he's still in NY but he's retired. Has plenty of money.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » April 5th, 2012, 12:02 pm

thewestside wrote:
mayugastank wrote:What ever happened to Sal Avellino is he still in NEW YORK? hes been out of prison since 2006 and I havent heard a thing about the guy
I think he's still in NY but he's retired. Has plenty of money.

W/S, that's Tony Corallo's former driver, right?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2012, 5:31 pm

doobeez wrote:

Yeah, it was his Jaguar that they rode around in.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » April 6th, 2012, 10:07 am

thewestside wrote:
doobeez wrote:

Yeah, it was his Jaguar that they rode around in.

which, iirc, was a driving force behind the Commission case. Just a guess, but I'd say they shelved him after he served out?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 6th, 2012, 1:20 pm

doobeez wrote:
which, iirc, was a driving force behind the Commission case. Just a guess, but I'd say they shelved him after he served out?
I don't think there would be any reason to shelve him. First, after doing his time he probably was looking to retire anyway. Second, shelving a guy is a punishment that he really didn't deserve. I mean, he wasn't the first mob guy to get bugged.

sticks
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: NYC-Middle Village

Unread post by sticks » April 7th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Crea has been the boss for years. Vinny TV is/was the bonanno boss. Billy russo is the boss but he will step down for teddy persico when he gets out. Italian Dom is the gambinos boss. The power in that family lies on 18th av and cherryhill. All of the americans would rather take orders from the little guy or a guy like danny or carmine, but the zips hold to much power. Cefalus, manninos, cali, inzerillos, gambinos... Those zips could have their own fucking family. No one really knows who runs the westside. Everyone assumes barney is the boss, but its possible he answers dom cirillo, both are powerhouses so itts a tossup.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 7th, 2012, 7:41 pm

sticks wrote:Crea has been the boss for years. Vinny TV is/was the bonanno boss. Billy russo is the boss but he will step down for teddy persico when he gets out. Italian Dom is the gambinos boss. The power in that family lies on 18th av and cherryhill. All of the americans would rather take orders from the little guy or a guy like danny or carmine, but the zips hold to much power. Cefalus, manninos, cali, inzerillos, gambinos... Those zips could have their own #%@&#%@ family. No one really knows who runs the westside. Everyone assumes barney is the boss, but its possible he answers dom cirillo, both are powerhouses so itts a tossup.
Crea was the guy on the street but he didn't become "the boss" until Amuso relinquished the position. People can say the title doesn't mean anything but, if that were true, they wouldn't have bothered to send a message to Amuso in the first place.

Vinny TV is, or at least was, the acting boss. There's a certain permanence that comes with being the boss - meaning the official boss. Vinny Gorgeous would have probably become official boss if he hadn't gotten life. Vinny TV was just the latest of the acting bosses.

Andy Russo, of course, was the last acting boss for the Colombos. I suppose it's possible his kid has filled that position since his father's indictment but I haven't seen anything official on that.

People tend to exaggerate when it comes to the power of the Sicilian factions in the Gambino or Bonanno families. These are Italian-American crime families and will always be. Despite all the predictions over the years about the Sicilians taking over, there's only been a handful of individual guys here and there that have risen high up in the families. And most of them aren't exactly "off the boat" but have been in the U.S. for years, if not decades.

As usual, the Genovese are a mystery. The last info that came out was when Fiumara died and an article said he had been on a three-man panel running the family. An article the year before said the family was being run by a rotating group of recently released high-level guys, including Benny Eggs, Barney, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. Some of those guys may have been on that three-man panel with Tino.

sticks
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: NYC-Middle Village

Unread post by sticks » April 7th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Vinny TV is, or at least was, the acting boss. There's a certain permanence that comes with being the boss - meaning the official boss. Vinny Gorgeous would have probably become official boss if he hadn't gotten life. Vinny TV was just the latest of the acting bosses.
oh yeah man i agree with ya about vinny gorgous. He did what tino did to black numbers operators in jersey-to blacks and prs in the bronx with his heroin. You ever heard of blue thunder? Theres still pr crews on 116th st that push blue thunder. shits got name recognition. In my op inion, whoever takes over as boss when there is no more official boss IS an "official" boss. but i got what you are saying here with TV bc he could lose his spot if he goes away. Word is he turned down like a 3yr plea deal on drug and gambling charges so he can go to trial. If vinny TV takes a plea-he looses his spot. All his guys got pinched with him basami, calabrese, santora. Official would be a guy who would choose who is the boss till he dies jail or not.
People tend to exaggerate when it comes to the power of the Sicilian factions in the Gambino or Bonanno families. These are Italian-American crime families and will always be. Despite all the predictions over the years about the Sicilians taking over, there's only been a handful of individual guys here and there that have risen high up in the families. And most of them aren't exactly "off the boat" but have been in the U.S. for years, if not decades.
Brother, not exagerating here. But i agree with u as to the bonannos-they only got what a half dozens zips? Amatos doin life right? Whos left? the adamos? sandy a? The Bonevertes? Nah the bonannos dont have any power from siglians. The gambinos on the otherhand... The zips would definatley needed the ok from the little guy and Danny to put Italian Dom in there. Without thoses two ok, they wouldnt have any support from the americans. The sicilians are a small but powerful group who-yes have been here a whilee, but its different from being american. Just more discipline, loyalty, etc.. Take John Gambino- guy controls a contracting company in nj, legitamate too. You can bet hes got friends in the unions too. On top of that he owns a trucking company here in brooklyn. Then, he controls guys in brooklyn and in jersey and the group that supplies the whole family with their heroin. Then take his relatives. Inzerillos, gambinos, spatolas, dozens of them, both sides of the pond. Then take the cefalus, all of them. Probably 10 or so bros and cousins of the big guy. Ricardo, the other dom, and not to mention Lorenzo Mannino, another cousin.

Guys like Nicky or Danny and co. could easily been boss. had they been out of jail, or wanting the job at all.But they got the power to keep other captains in line. And that is unique-let me tell you the power nicky and danny have couldnt be rivaled by the bonannos or colombos. Captains may not kick up to these guys, but the listen to them and do what they say. Id call that being in charge, but it depends how you look at it. All those guys like Lenny, Louie M, Sonny, Nicky Mita, Tommy Sneakers,& the trucchios all would fall in line behind nicky if he told them to. Then Danny's got Funzie, Jackie Nose, Louie Vallario, Juliano, Johnny Gammarano, the german and deciccos. The americans got power, yea but the sicialians came in and said we'll take the heat, knowing that they have the balls and smarts to get away with it. MY two centss.

RobertLuccese
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: New York

Unread post by RobertLuccese » May 30th, 2013, 12:45 pm

So for you guys living under a rock -

Steve Crea still runs the Lucchesse Crime Family as Boss, since 2000, actually, when Vic was sick, most people do not know that.
Dominic Cefalu does run the Gambino Crime Family, since 2008. as Boss
Librio Bellamo still does run the Genovese crime family and has been since 2009. as Boss
Andrew Russo still runs the Columbo Crime Family since 2010 as Boss
and Nicky Santoro's son Joe Santoro runs the Bonanno Crime Family, since 2011 as Boss

Although some Bosses are under inditement, in prison, sick or on the lam, This is what it is. Do you guys want me to list everything - drivers, consiglieries / consiglieros / body guards ??????

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » June 13th, 2013, 3:41 pm

RobertLuccese wrote:So for you guys living under a rock -

Steve Crea still runs the Lucchesse Crime Family as Boss, since 2000, actually, when Vic was sick, most people do not know that.
Dominic Cefalu does run the Gambino Crime Family, since 2008. as Boss
Librio Bellamo still does run the Genovese crime family and has been since 2009. as Boss
Andrew Russo still runs the Columbo Crime Family since 2010 as Boss
and Nicky Santoro's son Joe Santoro runs the Bonanno Crime Family, since 2011 as Boss

Although some Bosses are under inditement, in prison, sick or on the lam, This is what it is. Do you guys want me to list everything - drivers, consiglieries / consiglieros / body guards ??????

Regardless if he was sick, Vic was in the can in 2000. The triumverant was keeping the seat warm for the "Wonder Boy" Considering this day and age, and with Crea running the ship with old school guys, and some key guys coming home soon, the Lucchese's are doing "ok."

Italian Dom might be "Boss" but you better believe John Gambino is The Guy in that Borgata.

Bellomo is the obvious choice, but with the Genovese, who knows?

Andy Mush? You think? Maybe..but, I think he's still inside? Donnie Shacks is probably handling the day to day for them. Look for Teddy Sr to take the reigns when he gets outta school in October.

Bonnano's named "Tommy D" DiFiore Acting Boss....for Mikey Nose. He met recently with Gerry Chilli, and Mr Fish in Brooklyn, so he apparantly he has the blessings, and dont be surprised if all the old-timers try and get this Family on some sort of track. Vinny TV is still on 3 years supervised release, so we'll see what happens when Mikey gets out in 2019.

RobertLuccese
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: New York

Unread post by RobertLuccese » November 22nd, 2013, 3:34 pm

Mushie's been running the colombos for a while since Juniors been indicted. Vinny Badalamenti is still boss but has nicky santoro's son as acting boss, while nicky does his time, nicky's also sick. Steve Crea has been running the Lucceses in the background for years. Your right about John though. He's on the ruling panel with danny marino, jojo's father, and big joe gambino as well as a couple of others. Barney's been runing the genovese's but he's also on the run. Most people think the mob is shot cuz of that raid in 2011, but we just got stronger, tighter, and smarter.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » November 27th, 2013, 11:47 am

RobertLuccese wrote:Mushie's been running the colombos for a while since Juniors been indicted. Vinny Badalamenti is still boss but has nicky santoro's son as acting boss, while nicky does his time, nicky's also sick. Steve Crea has been running the Lucceses in the background for years. Your right about John though. He's on the ruling panel with danny marino, jojo's father, and big joe gambino as well as a couple of others. Barney's been runing the genovese's but he's also on the run. Most people think the mob is shot cuz of that raid in 2011, but we just got stronger, tighter, and smarter.

Thanks for the reply/info...and for keeping the topic going... :lol:

Since my post 6 months ago..

Gambino--can't leave off Cali who married into the Inzerillo/Gambino clan on the other side and is the B-I-L to Rosario, John, and Joe G. With Pepe gone for good, who fills the Consigliere position?

Colombo--Teddy P is back out, but what does he do with what's left? Him, Donnie, Farese running the show?? What about Joe Waverly beathing that bs Dols charge? He's still looking at 7 more years in the can though. Big Dino and Compitello struck out again.

Bonanno--So, Nicky Jr is the guy out front? Man, that Family is in worse shape than the Colombos. One side note..saw on the FED BOP site that Vinny Gorgeous is in MCC and temporarily out of Florence.

Genovese--Same ol same it seems

Lucchese--Lots of guys back out or getting out, and seem to be outsde of the Genovese, gaining stability.

In order:

1--Genovese

2--Gambino

3--Lucchese

4--Bonanno and Colombo

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » November 27th, 2013, 2:34 pm

^^Correction on the Handsome Guy...he's listed back at Florence Max...mustve been a glitch in their system.. :mrgreen: