Bra Boys - Australian Surfer Tribe Documentary

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Bra Boys - Australian Surfer Tribe Documentary

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 30th, 2008, 11:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/v/6OUc7YQEMkQ&hl=en[/video]

Interesting documentary about an Australian surf tribe called the Bra Boys. I don't think LA gangs have anything to fear here but it's interesting how young people the world over are forever banding together.

Honestly, their surf life looked like a cool way to come up to me. Growing up like that would have been better for many of us, I think, than the urban shit we went through. The idea of just being able to take that negative adolescent energy to the ocean and "charge waves" as they call it instead of all the F'd up gangster violence and heavy partying crap we used growing up to feed our flesh made more sense to me I guess. I'm not saying it's the best way to go because it isn't. I'm just saying it looked a couple runs up the ladder is all.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » May 1st, 2008, 5:42 pm

Maroubra is a beautiful place.There are some public housing there but if you went there you would be shocked at how nice it is.Sure theres drunken violence at night etc.There not really a gang in the way that americans see when they hear the word gang.