I Need Your Help at a Project

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

asidxl
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: LA

I Need Your Help at a Project

Unread post by asidxl » March 24th, 2014, 11:40 am

Hey all

I am making a project about gang activity at LA and the main subject is choices, choices that the gang member did that led him to getting involved in gang activity.

I need a documentary or an article that follows a teen/ex gang member/whatever you can find that will help me, so I can write about his choices. Or just make up a story, lol.

Thank you for helping me!

sabakanwal
If in the United States: Kansas
What city do you live in now?: fsda

Re: I Need Your Help at a Project

Unread post by sabakanwal » October 29th, 2014, 12:28 am

Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning lottery ticket’

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » November 21st, 2014, 4:36 pm

Choices it is a Choice joining any gang.Street gangs or Prison Gangs we all have choices in Life when we make bad choices we pay the Consequences by long or short jail sentences

PhatBoi
If in the United States: Nevada
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Unread post by PhatBoi » January 20th, 2016, 4:22 pm

It's not always a choice. A lot of times it's about coercion, which kids don't really understand at the time. Sometimes, they look out for you when no one else does and give you feigned respect you never had before. Other times it becomes clear that you're living in a war zone and if you don't join you're on your own. You can get beat up by any gang, or have one gang having your back and deterring others from going after you. Put a 10 or 11 year old in that position, what are they supposed to do? Teens who join, they do it for various reasons. However, lets differentiate gangs from clicks. Gangs are a social problem, not a personal problem.