Can You walk away from A Gang?Can you exit in Good Standing?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Can You walk away from A Gang?Can you exit in Good Standing?

Unread post by bumperjack » November 24th, 2014, 7:58 am

There can and will be different answers to this question,like to hear all I truly believe you can if you experience a transformation I know both Street Gang Members and Prison Gang Members who Left the Gangs with there respect by not ever telling on anyone and converting to following Jesus Christ Fred Mendrin and Ernest Kilroy Roybal original Members of the Aryan Brotherhood and kilroy who was a Shotcaller for the Mexican Mafia to go on to serve there Lord and Savior and myself I also followed there lead and walked away with my respect and now Iam a mentor for troubled Youth in California GANG AWARENESS @PREVENTION WE HAVE A PROGRAM CALLED INSIDE/OUT HERE IN SACRAMENTO,CALIFORNIA WE GO INTO JUVENILE HALL AND HELP THEM MAKE BETTER CHOICES AND TELL THEM THE TRUTH ABOUT GANGS ALL COMMENTS WELCOME EVEN STREET GANG HATERS I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM ALL OF YOU STREET GANG MEMBERS ACTIVE OR INACTIVE YOUR POINT OF VEIWS ON THESE TWO QUESTIONS.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Can You walk away from A Gang?Can you exit in Good Stand

Unread post by silentwssj » November 24th, 2014, 8:05 pm

I will give this one a shot! Yes! Most of us do walk away and in good standing! To me it is called growing up. The only time that I have ever heard of people getting in trouble is when they are really young and active and walk away or when you drop out of a prison gang. The Varrio that I am from, VHS, does require a jump in to get in. I have never witnessed anyone getting jumped out! Our neighborhood is old! It originally went by the name Los Vagos de varrio Horseshoe! After a homeboy boy named Oyster was murdered the Los Vagos part was dropped! This was in 1978! Since then the neighborhood has undergone many new generations of VHS. I am from the 3rd! I was told by my younger Homies in prison back in 2003 that they were on the 7th Generation at that time! Who knows how many have come and gone by now! The reason that I bring all of this up, is that if you could not just walk away there would be old grandpas out there banging. In some cases there are LOL! In most cases though people just find a woman to marry, get a job, start a family and slowly drift away from the life. Truth be told, most of us are real active from about the age of 16-21. After that age we all start to go our own ways. If someone tries to walk away while at that young age without a good reason he may get jumped out. I know of another hood that did have this practice in place. I wont name them as I shouldn't be giving up any information on them. Lets just say that they did implement that practice though. In my neighborhood we did not actively jump anyone out but we did keep tabs on who was a ratt! or deemed "No Good" by the Brothers! Those people had to leave the area or face serious repercussions! I know a few cases like this in my neighborhood. Some fell because of telling on others and some fell out of Grace with the Brothers in prison. Either way they knew that they were walking on thin ice! They always moved away and did not really show their face out in public anymore! The bottom line is that we all grow older and drift away from the life at some point! Very few stay in it for ever! We like to give our Veteranos the utmost in respect! We know that they put in their work. Most have done plenty of time and made numerous sacrifices for the Cause! The truth is that we are always going to be VHS for life! We simply just don't hang out and Gangbang anymore! That torch has been passed to the younger generations. I have never said I renounce my membership or I want out! I just simply moved ahead in my life and took on family responsibilities. I still keep in contact with about 10 of them to this day! Very few of us are Gangbanging anymore! The ones that are, have moved on to a Prison based cause that is greater than the Neighborhood! The vast majority of us are simply considered Veterano members of the Neighborhood to this day! Not active anymore but still respected because we did not Ratt or drop out! Silent!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » November 24th, 2014, 8:05 pm

I will give this one a shot! Yes! Most of us do walk away and in good standing! To me it is called growing up. The only time that I have ever heard of people getting in trouble is when they are really young and active and walk away or when you drop out of a prison gang. The Varrio that I am from, VHS, does require a jump in to get in. I have never witnessed anyone getting jumped out! Our neighborhood is old! It originally went by the name Los Vagos de varrio Horseshoe! After a homeboy boy named Oyster was murdered the Los Vagos part was dropped! This was in 1978! Since then the neighborhood has undergone many new generations of VHS. I am from the 3rd! I was told by my younger Homies in prison back in 2003 that they were on the 7th Generation at that time! Who knows how many have come and gone by now! The reason that I bring all of this up, is that if you could not just walk away there would be old grandpas out there banging. In some cases there are LOL! In most cases though people just find a woman to marry, get a job, start a family and slowly drift away from the life. Truth be told, most of us are real active from about the age of 16-21. After that age we all start to go our own ways. If someone tries to walk away while at that young age without a good reason he may get jumped out. I know of another hood that did have this practice in place. I wont name them as I shouldn't be giving up any information on them. Lets just say that they did implement that practice though. In my neighborhood we did not actively jump anyone out but we did keep tabs on who was a ratt! or deemed "No Good" by the Brothers! Those people had to leave the area or face serious repercussions! I know a few cases like this in my neighborhood. Some fell because of telling on others and some fell out of Grace with the Brothers in prison. Either way they knew that they were walking on thin ice! They always moved away and did not really show their face out in public anymore! The bottom line is that we all grow older and drift away from the life at some point! Very few stay in it for ever! We like to give our Veteranos the utmost in respect! We know that they put in their work. Most have done plenty of time and made numerous sacrifices for the Cause! The truth is that we are always going to be VHS for life! We simply just don't hang out and Gangbang anymore! That torch has been passed to the younger generations. I have never said I renounce my membership or I want out! I just simply moved ahead in my life and took on family responsibilities. I still keep in contact with about 10 of them to this day! Very few of us are Gangbanging anymore! The ones that are, have moved on to a Prison based cause that is greater than the Neighborhood! The vast majority of us are simply considered Veterano members of the Neighborhood to this day! Not active anymore but still respected because we did not Ratt or drop out! Silent!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 24th, 2014, 8:59 pm

Good responce silent,kids now a days say the cant walk away in Juvenile Hall out here but they are gangbanging age kids so I say if transformation takes place in your life you can alwaysvwalk away good standing by leaving without snitching on yourself my Neighborhood Gang VSL Davis Street Locos Im also a first generation Veterano and have my respect its now in its 4th or 5th generation,as for for the Prison Gang most of us who move on by never dropping out and us of that choose to seriously serve the Lord we get a pass to live out our Lives for Christ I know of over a dozen of us personally good answer silent I believe we do grow out of the street gangs for sure and grow up and some graduate to the big leagues and some dont ,but it really depends on what we call making ito the other side death and life in prison are eminnent for prison gang members becausemof the Lifetime committment.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » November 24th, 2014, 9:02 pm

You can leave any gang in good standing by never telling on your fellow homie or brother in the gang I left both street gangs and prison gang in good sanding never dropping out of neither.