George Bush on Virginia Tech v. Hurricane Katrina

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

George Bush on Virginia Tech v. Hurricane Katrina

Unread post by alexalonso » April 18th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Does anyone think that the President visiting Virginia Tech the day after and President Bush making his visit to New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina about 1 week 1/2 later is a point of interest? Just wondering.

Richboy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy » May 14th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Naw I dont think so.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 14th, 2007, 9:51 pm

white house dont care bout black folk

they said that that virginia tech shit is the worse thing to happen in america after 9/11

i dono how its worse than huricane katrina

el_tio

Re: George Bush on Virginia Tech v. Hurricane Katrina

Unread post by el_tio » May 23rd, 2007, 10:31 am

alexalonso wrote:Does anyone think that the President visiting Virginia Tech the day after and President Bush making his visit to New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina about 1 week 1/2 later is a point of interest? Just wondering.
No I don't because New Orleans wasn't the only place hit by hurricane katrina. Louisiana wasn't even the worse state hit.

But I see you working.

But I still say no.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » May 23rd, 2007, 10:51 am

Mississippi coast was hit worse.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » May 24th, 2007, 9:28 am

hurricane katrina put the united states on blast for the whole world to see. a "natural" disaster in your own backyard and yet your in somebody elses country trying to push a democracy, and still today people go on homeless from that event. and yet corruption still goes on in the top government establishment of america, and your focus is somebody else's country :!:

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 25th, 2007, 12:00 am

willihen wrote:Mississippi coast was hit worse.
a majority of the people that died as a result of Hurricane Katrina were in New Orleans, and the majority of the people who died in New Orleans were in the Black COmmunity if the Lower 9th Ward. Yes, the wind might have hit hard in Past Christian in Mississippi and Boluxi, but it did not result in more loss of life. Hurricane Katrina was responisble for over 1,800 confirmed death with 700 still missing. There is no doubt that this was the the biggest US tragedy since 9/11.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » May 25th, 2007, 6:51 am

The biggest tragedy since 9/11? We have our people dying daily in these streets, imo these are major tragedies also. Total up the deaths on these streets in just Cali alone(not to mention every other cities and states) since 9/11 and afterwards would those losses not be considered "tragedies"?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 27th, 2007, 3:08 pm

'X' wrote:The biggest tragedy since 9/11? We have our people dying daily in these streets, imo these are major tragedies also. Total up the deaths on these streets in just Cali alone(not to mention every other cities and states) since 9/11 and afterwards would those losses not be considered "tragedies"?
well if you total up all the deaths, then yes, the street of America ar a tragedy, but in terms of a single event in a confined area , since 9/11, Hurricane Katrina would still be the most tragic. Almost 2,000 deaths.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 28th, 2007, 8:53 am

alexalonso wrote:
'X' wrote:The biggest tragedy since 9/11? We have our people dying daily in these streets, imo these are major tragedies also. Total up the deaths on these streets in just Cali alone(not to mention every other cities and states) since 9/11 and afterwards would those losses not be considered "tragedies"?
well if you total up all the deaths, then yes, the street of America ar a tragedy, but in terms of a single event in a confined area , since 9/11, Hurricane Katrina would still be the most tragic. Almost 2,000 deaths.
I guess it depends on your definition of tragedy. In America alone, in a short span of time (IE: a month) with a large loss of life then yes Katrina would be it. Apparently George Bush doesn't see a loss of a large number of poor, mostly black people as a tragedy.

I think on the flip side of that, what 9/11 and VT have in common is the human element, where there's a person or persons causing the tragedy. Where in Katrina is based on a natural event mixed with a bit of human stupidity.

MiChuhSuh

Re: George Bush on Virginia Tech v. Hurricane Katrina

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 28th, 2007, 6:42 pm

alexalonso wrote:Does anyone think that the President visiting Virginia Tech the day after and President Bush making his visit to New Orleans after Hurrican Katrina about 1 week 1/2 later is a point of interest? Just wondering.
It's almost impossible to compare unless Virginia Tech happened BEFORE Hurricane Katrina.

In this scenario we have here, there is always the argument that this was him developing as a politician by correcting mistakes regarding domestic incidents (if you call 9/11 an international incident)

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 28th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Mcminister wrote:white house dont care bout black folk

they said that that virginia tech shit is the worse thing to happen in america after 9/11

okay if he said that that's just wrong but I never heard a quote like that?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 28th, 2007, 6:45 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:I think on the flip side of that, what 9/11 and VT have in common is the human element, where there's a person or persons causing the tragedy. Where in Katrina is based on a natural event mixed with a bit of human stupidity.
ya

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 30th, 2007, 5:54 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
I guess it depends on your definition of tragedy. In America alone, in a short span of time (IE: a month) with a large loss of life then yes Katrina would be it. Apparently George Bush doesn't see a loss of a large number of poor, mostly black people as a tragedy.

I think on the flip side of that, what 9/11 and VT have in common is the human element, where there's a person or persons causing the tragedy. Where in Katrina is based on a natural event mixed with a bit of human stupidity.
that's a good point.

el_tio

Unread post by el_tio » May 31st, 2007, 10:48 pm

If Bush hates blacks so much then why does he allow Alonso to Moderate this board?

:lol:

You see Bush loves Blacks

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » June 1st, 2007, 12:48 am

Mcminister wrote:white house dont care bout black folk

very very good observation

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 1st, 2007, 9:22 am

worldwide wrote:hurricane katrina put the united states on blast for the whole world to see. a "natural" disaster in your own backyard and yet your in somebody elses country trying to push a democracy, and still today people go on homeless from that event. and yet corruption still goes on in the top government establishment of america, and your focus is somebody else's country :!:
United States has always been about foreign policy over domestic. Thats why America has the pull it has economically, politically, and socially. Point blank its about damage control now. Bush's ratings werent as low as they were when Katrina hit...plus theres not many people in those damaged region that support him.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 2nd, 2007, 7:44 pm

Haha.. guess who his new Economic Empowerment representative is? Give up? It's none other than Don King.

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/co ... ncer/9583/

el_tio wrote:If Bush hates blacks so much then why does he allow Alonso to Moderate this board?

:lol:

You see Bush loves Blacks

Unread post by 1010321 » July 30th, 2007, 4:12 pm

Louisiana and NO is general are jokes. Bush could have rode down the minute it happened on a white horse an it would not have made a difference. Welfare dependency and corruption are to blame, not gimp ass GWB.

People in NO couldn't find their way out of a paper bag without somebody telling them.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 30th, 2007, 9:55 pm

is anyone mentioning the fact that hurrican katrina was a natural disaster, that probably couldn't have been avoided, they could have just been better prepared. virgina tech, 30 somewhat college kids were murdered on a typical day at school, by a crazed gunman, that could have been avoided had the kid been arrested, watched, or sent to therapy, or kicked out of school. they are both tragedies, but they are on a different scale. one is a natural disaster, the other is a mass murder. both equally bad, but on different ends of the stick.

i dont really care what bush does about anything. but i think this should be thrown into the argument.

Unread post by 1010321 » July 31st, 2007, 9:03 am

se11 wrote:is anyone mentioning the fact that hurrican katrina was a natural disaster, that probably couldn't have been avoided, they could have just been better prepared. virgina tech, 30 somewhat college kids were murdered on a typical day at school, by a crazed gunman, that could have been avoided had the kid been arrested, watched, or sent to therapy, or kicked out of school. they are both tragedies, but they are on a different scale. one is a natural disaster, the other is a mass murder. both equally bad, but on different ends of the stick.

i dont really care what bush does about anything. but i think this should be thrown into the argument.
It is easier to make a lump "america is evil" comparison than to differentiate between the two.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 31st, 2007, 10:32 am

se11 wrote:is anyone mentioning the fact that hurrican katrina was a natural disaster, that probably couldn't have been avoided, they could have just been better prepared. virgina tech, 30 somewhat college kids were murdered on a typical day at school, by a crazed gunman, that could have been avoided had the kid been arrested, watched, or sent to therapy, or kicked out of school. they are both tragedies, but they are on a different scale. one is a natural disaster, the other is a mass murder. both equally bad, but on different ends of the stick.

Yeah, I made mention of that about 7 posts in. They're all disasters to some extent but they all involve a bunch of different variables that make it impossible to compare the situations to each other.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » July 31st, 2007, 12:34 pm

There are measures that could have been taken to control the damage that was done.
As far as Katrina...thats why people go to school to be Civil Engineers...and Im sure someone over the years had to understand that there was a major defect in the system that needed to be fixed. However even going further than that, after it happened, there still could have been better execution of the help that was sent out.
Had VA Tech cancelled classes after the first situation occurred then the mass murder would have never happened, or had officials on the scene found the gunman, or been more on alert between those hours that he commited the first set of murders and the second set then it could have been controlled as well.
Its all about control. Not saying that it wouldnt have happened, but things should have been more organized and taken care of better, and the horror that Americans exp would have been minimized.