GANGS USING THE 13

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 17th, 2007, 5:14 pm

^ No, they are the opposite, Maravillas broke off and say they won't pay taxes. MS13 started on their own but later got punked into paying taxes

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 17th, 2007, 5:58 pm

maravillas used the 13 for their name before the eme shit.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » September 6th, 2007, 1:52 pm

13 can also be used to claim marijuana. A lotta the hommies back FL had 13 tatts but it ment that they blazed buds. Being that the 13th letter is M for Marijuana before it was used by M for Mexican or Mara. So it really can go both ways I think.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 25th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Here is Dallas, the 13 is used to represent being a Mexican gang. So 13 affiliated gangs can wear red and even claim "Norteno" and it wouldn't be stupid or silly to anyone here because it makes sense TO THEM.

My family is original Venice 13 from Oakwood to Victoria Ave - and I would have been 3rd generation if they hadn't moved to Texas in the 1980's. So I understand why LA Surenos think anyone who uses the 13 is imitating them - because they are to a certain extent. They stole the 13 from Sur Cal and used it for their own thing. 13 is not Surenos or South Side to Texas, we have our own Mafia and Surenos here and they have nothing to do with California. That's like saying anyone who claims to be a "Gangster" is trying to be an Italian Mobster.

The 13, from what I was told, had been used by many other gangs before the Eme or the Surenos united. The MaraVilla gangs may have been the first but how would anyone prove that? And why would it matter now?

What matters is you find out why your click uses 13 or your rival uses 13 - so mistakes don't happen.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » September 26th, 2007, 9:24 am

I saw this segment on National Geographic a few days ago where this gang in Ogden, Utah claim a set called "Ogden 13" They are at war with Surenos out there in the streets and in prison. They write "surat killa" "13k", etc etc. I was tripping because my ohana (family) from my pops side is Surenos from CA and I always assumed 13 was ties with Surenos. But anyways, when asked about their 13, the Ogden 13 say's the "13" stands for "M" as in either "Mexicans" and "Mota". They claim not ties to surenos but look like em and dress like em. It was kind of trippy checking that out.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 26th, 2007, 9:54 am

Haha! I saw the same documentary and it was funny.

You can tell these were obviously a bunch Indios (Native Americans) that acted like Mexicans. Thefunniest part was when they showed footage of the Surenos and O13's (holding broomsticks) going at it.... The Surenos wooped that ass!

All jokes aside, who are we to tell O13 or anyone else what the "13" is supposed to mean to them? It sounds like all over the US a bunch of hispanic gangs affiliate with it, and it means something different to each one.

Envy]

Unread post by Envy] » October 6th, 2007, 9:05 am

memzz wrote:Alot of ppl dont think about this..
But listen

Surenos = 13 Thirteen in the alphabet is M For MEXICAN MAFIA!
Nortenos = 14 Fourteen in the alphabet is N For NORTENO

its NOT HARD lol
Good job, Sherlock :lol:

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 6th, 2008, 7:17 pm

they had to earn that

sanfransicko

Unread post by sanfransicko » May 7th, 2008, 8:59 pm

But listen

its NOT HARD lol
Your wrong you have 13 right but 14 i$ for the Nue$tra Familia

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 8th, 2008, 12:30 pm

sanfransicko wrote:
But listen

its NOT HARD lol
Your wrong you have 13 right but 14 i$ for the Nue$tra Familia
Fool shut up, I know about you & you should already know what is what.

madcowonacid
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: GANGS USING THE 13

Unread post by madcowonacid » September 2nd, 2008, 12:30 pm

the 13 is usually associated with the gangs that pay taxes to la eme. however, not all l.a area gangs are 13's, gangs such as maravilla do not pay taxes to la eme, some bay area gangs are also 13's. gangs such as maravilla are placed in different jails than la eme (13) associated gangs, if a maravilla member was placed in such an enviroment they would be killed almost instantly. also, the myth of 13 being associated with hispanic gangs is false, in hollywood there was once an armenian gang which had the 13 (ap13).

thats my 2 cents...
=)

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » February 17th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Mr. Stranger wrote:
MidTownLoco wrote:aah thats easy 13 is the number for M which is the 13th letter in the alphabet and Mexican starts with M so gangs like SUR13 are just sayin south side mexicans sort of you get it. where i am from i am a east sida and we really dont tend to get along with those who use the 13 cause is like a link to La Eme( the mexican mafia) and alot of our families in azteca
Youre an East SIder and dont claim 13??? are you mexican??? your barrio doesnt have to have the name SOUTH S1D3 to be a Sureño, IM from Barrio EAST S1D3 LONGO X3 because were from the East Side of LONG BEACH but were still sureños because its sur of Califas and like any other sureño we got our ties with La Eme.

hes saying hes from East Los so its likely that he is from a Maravilla Gang which means that they are not part of the SurTrece thing. he's not saying that only people from the Southside of somewhere claim Sur.
im actually surprised that Maravilla gangs havent spread outside of East Los since many of the gangs claiming Sur13 have no connection/ties/blessings or any idea for that matter..

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » February 17th, 2009, 5:01 pm

madcowonacid wrote:the 13 is usually associated with the gangs that pay taxes to la eme. however, not all l.a area gangs are 13's, gangs such as maravilla do not pay taxes to la eme, some bay area gangs are also 13's. gangs such as maravilla are placed in different jails than la eme (13) associated gangs, if a maravilla member was placed in such an enviroment they would be killed almost instantly. also, the myth of 13 being associated with hispanic gangs is false, in hollywood there was once an armenian gang which had the 13 (ap13).

thats my 2 cents...
=)

not from LA but i heard that they gave themselves the 13 because they were trying to emulate the Surenos.

JxMAKK74
What city do you live in now?: Woodbridge V.A

Unread post by JxMAKK74 » February 20th, 2009, 12:08 am

Hispanic gangs that use the #13 usally means they are from the south just like surx13 and hispanic gangs from the north use 14 such as the nortex14

ALSO!!!, when hispanic gangs use the #13 it means they have str8 connections to the Mexican Mafia "MM"

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » February 24th, 2009, 5:01 am

Just wanted to clear this up. Can any So.Cal Mexican gang claim the 13 without any MM connections? Or do they have to put in work for the 13 before using it? I ask because I've seen small gangs using the 13 without any real ties to MM besides being in So.Cal. I don't think they pay any kind of tax but I could be wrong. Also seen tagbangers using the 13 at the end of the crew name. I assume some more established hoods would put these crews in check for using it.

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Unread post by spadeloc » February 24th, 2009, 6:30 am

13 is not just la eme......in some cases its used to represent the south...some gangs that have strong ties with la eme dont even use it in their name.

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » February 24th, 2009, 7:01 am

in vegas the only eses i remember using the 13 was bsc's but i dont remember lil loco's and definately not bte(28th st) using it....and they were the main 3 for years....i also noticed they used b for barrio instead of v(SC some times 28 all the time).....the only thing i ever seen lil locos hit up was LxL but they always did wear blue.....ive heard that cali eses and vegas eses have had problems in the past...im sure theres others who know much better than me,i would like to see what they say about this.

LethalAVE
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Unread post by LethalAVE » March 7th, 2009, 1:19 pm

spadeloc wrote:in vegas the only eses i remember using the 13 was bsc's but i dont remember lil loco's and definately not bte(28th st) using it....and they were the main 3 for years....i also noticed they used b for barrio instead of v(SC some times 28 all the time).....the only thing i ever seen lil locos hit up was LxL but they always did wear blue.....ive heard that cali eses and vegas eses have had problems in the past...im sure theres others who know much better than me,i would like to see what they say about this.
im from vegas lil locos and 28th st are not part of the mexican mafia they are part of NEVADA 13 the 13 stands for Mafia Not mexican
we SURENOS do not get along with them they are like bulldogs from fresno they do not Surenos or Busters hahaha

Big bad AVENUES GANG HOMIE BLACK KILLA

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » March 7th, 2009, 4:55 pm

maravilla might of used the 13 before la eme...for the m in their name...i think maybe one or two still do but i dont think its for sur 13....i heard GLMaravilla is the only maravilla that rides with the surs so the others hate them...dont quote me on that cuzz the only maravilla i ever met was a girl from arizona maravilla and havent seen her in a while

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » March 7th, 2009, 5:07 pm

LethalAVE wrote:
spadeloc wrote:in vegas the only eses i remember using the 13 was bsc's but i dont remember lil loco's and definately not bte(28th st) using it....and they were the main 3 for years....i also noticed they used b for barrio instead of v(SC some times 28 all the time).....the only thing i ever seen lil locos hit up was LxL but they always did wear blue.....ive heard that cali eses and vegas eses have had problems in the past...im sure theres others who know much better than me,i would like to see what they say about this.
im from vegas lil locos and 28th st are not part of the mexican mafia they are part of NEVADA 13 the 13 stands for Mafia Not mexican
we SURENOS do not get along with them they are like bulldogs from fresno they do not Surenos or Busters hahaha

Big bad AVENUES GANG HOMIE BLACK KILLA
i dont bang any more but if i caught you in vegas haallin "blacc killa" i would split your shit homie...if you with that blacc killa shit out here potna you saying it real quiet...f**k you and the rest of the d**ks you suck faggot....you can leave all the responces you want but this all im saying on the internet.....you killa faggot........

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » March 24th, 2009, 4:47 pm

FUCK ALL THAT SHIT HOW MANY ESES GANGS PUSH the 13 AND HOW MANY DONT

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by spadeloc » March 25th, 2009, 5:50 am

madcowonacid wrote:the 13 is usually associated with the gangs that pay taxes to la eme. however, not all l.a area gangs are 13's, gangs such as maravilla do not pay taxes to la eme, some bay area gangs are also 13's. gangs such as maravilla are placed in different jails than la eme (13) associated gangs, if a maravilla member was placed in such an enviroment they would be killed almost instantly. also, the myth of 13 being associated with hispanic gangs is false, in hollywood there was once an armenian gang which had the 13 (ap13).

thats my 2 cents...i c u been readin up..lol
=)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 6th, 2009, 9:52 am

spadeloc wrote:maravilla might of used the 13 before la eme...for the m in their name...i think maybe one or two still do but i dont think its for sur 13....i heard GLMaravilla is the only maravilla that rides with the surs so the others hate them...dont quote me on that cuzz the only maravilla i ever met was a girl from arizona maravilla and havent seen her in a while

GL (Geraghty Loma) isn't a MaraVilla gang.

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by SmileyGee » June 8th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Actually they Geraghty was a MaraVilla an orinial MV to be exact, in fact they are the original GMV the Gage Boys was a stoner click that broke off Geraghty, Im not sure around what time Geraghty kept bumping heads with the other MV in County that they decided to drop the MV from the name

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SmileyGee » June 8th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Heres another fun filled fact MaraVilla was actually the official name of East Los Angeles decades ago maybe more recent if im not mistaken. It is still refered to MV by few specially those in the the East Side. Well anyways just clearing up the air my fun fill fact was that around the stoners era having the MV after your initials went you were an officiall neighborhood of MaraVilla(refering to East LA) and the The LOtt Stoners like others wanted to became an official hood now member this was around the 1970s n 80's before the Green Lights so they asked the alredy established MV to be allowed into the circle just like the Humphrey's were allowed into Lopez, Gage Boys turned into GMV and the Hoyo MaraStoners were allowed into HMV, also the High Time Stoners were alloed to be a click of the MV Projects and as were the Rasckels, but do to their beef specialy with Humphreys(LOpezMV) and HMS(HOyoMV) most maravillas refused, The stonners kept banging anyways besides been surrounded by their enemies and after the Green Lights I believe the Lott was offered a spot into MV but happily refused and turned Sur

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » July 14th, 2009, 11:50 pm

OG Redbone wrote:fu-- ALL THAT SHIT HOW MANY ESES GANGS PUSH the 13 AND HOW MANY DONT
Good question...im in for answers. The only one most of us know about is Maravilla.

Do gangs like 18 st and MS really need LaEme?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 2nd, 2018, 12:01 am

JxMAKK74 wrote:Hispanic gangs that use the #13 usally means they are from the south just like surx13 and hispanic gangs from the north use 14 such as the nortex14

ALSO!!!, when hispanic gangs use the #13 it means they have str8 connections to the Mexican Mafia "MM"
Connections to the Mexican Mafia? You have taggers using 13, you have gangs using 13, you have party crews using 13, and none of them are directly connected to the Mexican Mafia.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 2nd, 2018, 12:06 am

FoEvaFlamin wrote:I NOTICE THAT A LOT OF THE HISPANIC GANGS IN ATLANTA USE THE 13 BEHIND THERE NAME. DOES THAT MEAN THEY HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH MM?
they definitely have NO connections to La Eme or the Mexican Mafia.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 18th, 2018, 1:09 am

alexalonso wrote:
FoEvaFlamin wrote:I NOTICE THAT A LOT OF THE HISPANIC GANGS IN ATLANTA USE THE 13 BEHIND THERE NAME. DOES THAT MEAN THEY HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH MM?
they definitely have NO connections to La Eme or the Mexican Mafia.

Right right, there is treces everywhere but it doesn't mean their in connection with california's MM, so you're very right.

Also, in mexico the trece is used just about by everybody who follow on the los angeles gang style, but they're almost universally not connected con la eme, and both 18 street and la mara operate on their own and connect with whomever the local lords are, but i gotta say this is for reals and that is that la dieciocho is very organized down here, and la mara is barely making into tj, so they're still small here locally but big in other cities and they operate on their own from the way i hear things, so, just saying

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » November 4th, 2018, 12:38 pm

MesqFlaco wrote:
All jokes aside, who are we to tell O13 or anyone else what the "13" is supposed to mean to them? It sounds like all over the US a bunch of hispanic gangs affiliate with it, and it means something different to each one.
You said it best. The 13 has so many meanings, that there is no one definition and one understanding. Its always funny listening to the police to explain and define something that they do not even understand.